PDA

View Full Version : Driving/flying/training it home for Christmas

lyonhibs
12-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Who from the Hibby Diaspora is heading home for Xmas, and what games are you hoping to take in?

Finish work on 20th, a weekend skiing in Wengen with the Missus and her bonkers family (all 7 of them) then home on the 23rd.

Eat and drink to excess until the 30th when I head back to Zurich, back to work on the 3rd. Will be seeing the Butcher Revolution in action on the 29th, and would have liked to go on the 26th if the scheduling computer had given us a less moronic game - Ross County away on Boxing Day FFS.

Looking forward to the sight of ER for the 1st time in a year or so. Obviously the weather will be baltic and we'll probably lose (my Xmas time track record is far from pretty over the past few years) but need to get my Hibs fill whilst I can.

Others?

GreenLake
12-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I was looking for the best place to find sharks underwater, but I decided to go to French Polynesia instead.

WestEndHibee
12-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Making the arduous journey back to the highlands which actually results in me seeing a game! Probably one of the only ones delighted with the county fixture. Half of the usual journey time needed!

:flag:

Hibee_Dave
12-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Back home from Japan for the first time since the new East went up on the 20th.....if I survive the journey/jet lag/hangover, I'll be at the St.J game the following day and I've already got a ticket for the derby the night before I return East. It's been too long, can't wait to be back!

norhfc
13-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Will make the St.J game on the 21st, looking forward to showing my 2 boys our East Stand Stone
for the first time :)

TheReg!
13-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Gonna drive up from South Wales and catch the Killie and Yam game.
Cant wait until I retire from my job so I can move back up the road and go to ER every other week.

OsloHibs
13-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I won't make it home until next season now.. unless another final looms? :tee hee:

The Green Goblin
13-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Heading home this year. Have got the derby tickets, killie game clashes with a family event (!!!!!!!!!) but am planning on going to the sheep game on 11th jan (and maybe the utd away game too).

Safe travels to all the overseas hibees coming home this year.

Bristolhibby
13-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Flying up EasyJet from Bristol next Friday. Few beers with my Dad and uncles on Friday, Family get together down Leith on the Saturday, then up to ER for the St. Johnstone game.

Got another family do (Mums side) on the Sunday, then fly back down for Christmas with the Wife/Kids and In-laws on Sunday evening.

Really looking forward to it.

J

Craig_in_Prague
13-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Never travel back for Xmas; but will be going late March / early April,
we play Aberdeen at home around then, which I think is the last game before the split.

This thread made me realize, I have not attended ER since St Johnstone dumped us out the CIS Cup, Aug/Sept 2009. Thank you Calderclown and Fenlon, for sucking the Hibee life out of me!

I have been in Edinburgh a few times of course since then, but never attended games.

Looking forward to having a respectable team again under TB and making more games a season.

Hope by spring that there will be a spanking new shopping centre in Gorgie :)

Swedish hibee
13-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I won't be back in Edinburgh until end March, planning on going to Motherwell at home & Hearts away. I miss a Saturday at ER.. just not the same watching via the laptop. Safe travels all the overseas Hibees :scarf:

yekimevol
13-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Coming home from nottingham on the 16th until the 5th. Cant wait to catch as many games as possible !!!

Gutted that the united game got switched to the 5th :(

:tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa: