PDA

View Full Version : Australian Hibs Supporters Burns Supper in Melbourne

Sproule Three
12-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Saturday 25 January . 4 course meal and 6 hours all you can drink for $100:thumbsup:
This was a great night last year.
Big weekend for the Aus Hibs over the Australia Day Holiday weekend
Saturday Burns Supper -6pm to midnight.
Sunday -Australia Day Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC . Biggest game in A league season and Aus Open Mens Tennis Final with hopefully our ain Andy Murray.
Complete the weekend at the Charles Dickens Pub with Hibs v Celtic on TV at 23:45.

A must do weekend for all Hibbies in Australia .
Book your table here

http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=62267

ozhibs
12-12-2013, 09:41 PM
I'll be there with kilt on :greengrin

monktonharp
13-12-2013, 12:46 AM
hope you guys have a good response on here and a great nicht! far faw yer oncie face, great puddin' o' the puddin' race.

Slicer
08-01-2014, 03:20 AM
Bump :flag:

Shearer
08-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Will be there again this year, last years was brilliant!

crieffhibee
08-01-2014, 09:50 AM
What's the dress code for this thing? Hibs tops okay??

Sproule Three
08-01-2014, 11:50 AM
What's the dress code for this thing? Hibs tops okay??
Smart casual/ Semi formal. Will be a few kilts imagine.You'll feel a bit out of place in a Hibs top and jeans .
Last year we went out afterwards and were refused entry into the Carlton Club for being too smartly dressed . Melbourne speak for 'you're all too pished"
The club is notorious for being the hang out of many of the gangsters in the TV series 'Underbelly" :confused:

Slicer
08-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I'll be in a kilt, there were a few last year. Other guys were mostly in shirts and dress trousers.

WellingtonHibby
09-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I rocked a hibs tartan tie last year and tin flute, though the jacket last about ten mins as it was roasting in there!

Looking forward to this year. Should be a cracker and then the hibs celtic game afterwards.

FOr those wanting to head out after, we might have better luck down Chapel st St kilda. As they are less discerning about a hoarde of drunken guys in formal wear:wink:

Sproule Three
09-01-2014, 11:36 PM
I rocked a hibs tartan tie last year and tin flute, though the jacket last about ten mins as it was roasting in there!

Looking forward to this year. Should be a cracker and then the hibs celtic game afterwards.

FOr those wanting to head out after, we might have better luck down Chapel st St kilda. As they are less discerning about a hoarde of drunken guys in formal wear:wink:

My wife is coming to the dinner this year .

The chances of me getting out to inflict further damage after 6 hours of drinking at an open bar match those of Gary Locke getting manager of the year .

THANKFULLY -:)
Need to save myself for next day and more drinking

heretoday
09-01-2014, 11:54 PM
I look forward to seeing some pictures of that event!

WellingtonHibby
10-01-2014, 12:56 AM
My wife is coming to the dinner this year .

The chances of me getting out to inflict further damage after 6 hours of drinking at an open bar match those of Gary Locke getting manager of the year .

THANKFULLY -:)
Need to save myself for next day and more drinking

We should get on a decent crawl prior to the match on Sunday. Weather should be good. Beer gardens a-plenty. Its simple maths.
Plus Melbourne has the cultural shopping experiences your ladies will be craving living out in the back end and beyond. :wink:

FranckSuzy
25-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Great pic from last night's Burns Supper in Melbourne posted by Grant Brebner on Twitter :agree: My big bro' is second from left :greengrin #GGTTH #Hibeefamily