PDA

View Full Version : Location, location, location!

SanFranHibs
12-12-2013, 07:58 AM
I know the ads that pop up are now 'intelligent' enough to display according to ones location, but when did Paris become a market for the great unwashed? (see below and click on image). I kept reloading the page but the first few times it just came up and sat there.

Or is this the Celtic version just for Hibs fans, a video of Hearts 0-7 Celtic and Barcelona 6-1 Celtic?

What next? Ads for FOH?

Come in Hibs.Net....time for an even more 'intelligent' filter.

:flag:

Andy74
12-12-2013, 08:09 AM
I know the ads that pop up are now 'intelligent' enough to display according to ones location, but when did Paris become a market for the great unwashed? (see below and click on image). I kept reloading the page but the first few times it just came up and sat there.

Or is this the Celtic version just for Hibs fans, a video of Hearts 0-7 Celtic and Barcelona 6-1 Celtic?

What next? Ads for FOH?

Are the adverts you see not linked to what you personally have been looking at?

SanFranHibs
12-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Are the adverts you see not linked to what you personally have been looking at?

Was only a joke from me but I just thought it strange I am in Paris, looking at Hibs.net and a banner ad for The Celtic Collection is blazened across my screen.

Springbank
12-12-2013, 11:13 AM
You'll lose your va va voom when they chore your hubcaps

GreenLake
12-12-2013, 11:36 AM

What next? Ads for FOH?

I am more worried about whether I can get a decent stream going from hiberniantv extra and watch the Hibees when I travel. How is the Internet working for you in Paris? I'll be in a French territory after tomorrow where they may not even have dial-up - Fakarava and Rangiroa. And worse than missing December live streams, I'll be on the flight home to LAX when the New Year derby is on and unable to get a commentary thread on Hibs.net. Hope I don't miss a 7 nil victory double over Celtic and Hearts!

hibby rae
12-12-2013, 12:24 PM

What next? Ads for FOH?

If you use firefox then download their adblocker, works a treat. I don't get ads on any site now and that includes watching shows on 4od etc.

WestEndHibee
12-12-2013, 02:00 PM
If you use firefox then download their adblocker, works a treat. I don't get ads on any site now and that includes watching shows on 4od etc.

:agree: Its truly excellent. Except ITV Player has changed so that you can't watch unless its disabled for their site.

hibby rae
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
:agree: Its truly excellent. Except ITV Player has changed so that you can't watch unless its disabled for their site.

Easily done, although I rarely watch ITV given how keek it is!

VivaHiberņa
13-12-2013, 03:11 PM

What next? Ads for FOH?

Do Celtc not pay for those ads, through an ad agency? So essentially, Celtc are giving money to hibs.net.

Very rarely will I say this but, danke Celtc, money well spent I'm sure :na na: