PDA

View Full Version : Best Goal..............................

Scouse Hibee
11-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Which goal that you've seen live would you rate the best to you personally? I'm not talking about spectacularly the best, but the best emotionally because of what it meant at the time, whether it be a winning cup final goal, a winning derby goal or a goal that for any other reason is the one you most fondly remember.

hibsmad
11-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Easy for me...

Boozy in the you're not unbeatable game.

I was starting to get really depressed considering the money they were spending and the fact they were cruising at the top of the league. When they sacked Burley (Romanovs first sign of being a total loon if you don't include him buying them in the first place) I started to see a glimmer of light, and then this goal and this result meant everything to me.

GREEN WARLORD
11-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Keith Wright's goal against the Oldco, in the semi of the league cup. Just delightful beating them that day and give Goram pelters during it. Andy Andy what's the score :greengrin

TowerHibs
toughy

Best goal i've seen live was Darren Jackson for Scotland "B" at Easter Road years and years ago. Juggled the ball twice over defenders head and then left foot volley in the top bins.

Best emotional was probably Latapy against Hearts in 6-2 game. Not only was it a complete cracker but capped off a wonderful team performace

GreenLake
I liked the goal Bobby Smith scored in the first minute of the second half at ER against the now deceased rangers. I keep watching replays because I missed the goal taking too long getting bovril. It was a f****** beauty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3huJkvyQgtY

hibby rae
11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Possibly the 4th one in the CIS final as when they scored to make it 3-1 I had started to get the fear!

MrSmith
11-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Archies Goal at Tynie! we won 2-1 Calum Milne jumped in with the fans at the end! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE

Gus Fring
11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Sparky's goal against Falkirk to make it 4-3 is up there for me. That match was an emotional rollercoaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G72H7LwNalY#t=463

Stevie Reid
11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Russell's goal in the 6-2 game - I honestly experienced a high at that point which I'd never experienced before, nor have since. We had been due them a hammering for sooooooo long, when it finally came about, especially from such an incredible goal, I just couldn't contain myself (not that I'd ever try anyway!).

Kinda get the feeling that we're due them a hammering again now... :hmmm:

3pm
11-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Harper's goal when we won 2-1 just before relegation.

Wotherspoon's 'goal' in the Scottish Cup game.

stevenhibs
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Either the Zitelli overhead kick at Dens Park or the Zitelli screamer against AEK.

patlowe
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM
toughy

Best goal i've seen live was Darren Jackson for Scotland "B" at Easter Road years and years ago. Juggled the ball twice over defenders head and then left foot volley in the top bins.

Best emotional was probably Latapy against Hearts in 6-2 game. Not only was it a complete cracker but capped off a wonderful team performace

Jackson's goal popped into my head upon reading this thread as well but my memory of it is pretty hazy tbh.

John O'Neill's last-minute equaliser at Tynie to preserve Sauzee's unbeaten record v the yamboids was pretty special on an emotional level.

lord bunberry
11-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Probably Dean shiels at the pbs, we were losing one nil that night and came back to win two one. The atmosphere in the hibs end was electric.

Treadstone
11-12-2013, 12:53 PM
As a veteran of all 22 games under Alex Millers time it should really be Geebsies goal that ended it. Wee Russells goal though was the wee cherry on the icing on the top of the cake. Even big lugs goal at the death couldn't take the inane grin off my face which coincidentally I was later that night.

TowerHibs
11-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Probably Dean shiels at the pbs, we were losing one nil that night and came back to win two one. The atmosphere in the hibs end was electric.

best game i have ever been to - what a night

LioNeilMessi
11-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Griffiths winning goal in the Falkirk semifinal closely followed by Ross Caldwell at Tynecastle:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
11-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Either Sparkys at Hampden against Falkirk or his free kick at Tynecastle last season, or Jones in the final.

silverhibee
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGL4OOW55A

SteveHFC
11-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Latapy's goal in the 6-2 game

frazeHFC
11-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Griffiths winner against Falkirk was brilliant for obvious reasons. My 2 favourite Hibs goals have probably been the winner away to Dunfy a couple of seasons ago, mainly due to the fact we were in a relegation battle with them and had been losing the game at one point. Huge away support too. Favourite one though was Caldwell at the PBS.

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to the winner on Saturday too. :cb

The Modfather
11-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Mcfadden in Paris without a doubt. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime I see it!

Another was the sheer bedlam when Riordan scored in Dnipro to have us ahead on away goals. Shame I didn't even make it back to my seat by the time they scored again. All that way just for 30 seconds of joy - the goal was good too :wink:

SteveHFC
11-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Mcfadden in Paris without a doubt. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime I see it!

Another was the sheer bedlam when Riordan scored in Dnipro to have us ahead on away goals. Shame I didn't even make it back to my seat by the time they scored again. All that way just for 30 seconds of joy - the goal was good too :wink:

I was there mate. Like you said the sheer bedlam when Deek scored. I can see myself on TV after they showed the fans celebrating after the goal :greengrin

WestEndHibee
11-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Griffiths winner against Falkirk was brilliant for obvious reasons. My 2 favourite Hibs goals have probably been the winner away to Dunfy a couple of seasons ago, mainly due to the fact we were in a relegation battle with them and had been losing the game at one point. Huge away support too. Favourite one though was Caldwell at the PBS.

Looking forward to the winner on Saturday too. :cb

Have to agree with you there Fraze. Just the audacity of it, especially after the jambos unfurling all those 5-1, 1902 banners earlier in the game. Capped off by Ngoo et al giving us a lap of honour.

http://youtu.be/OYdZpLSfuiw

HibeeMG
11-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Keith Wright's goal against the Oldco, in the semi of the league cup. Just delightful beating them that day and give Goram pelters during it. Andy Andy what's the score :greengrin

Definitely in my top 3! I was but a teenager and it was the first game where I ended up celebrating so much that I ended up quite a few rows from where I started.

Harper's goal when we won 2-1 just before relegation.

Wotherspoon's 'goal' in the Scottish Cup game.

This one came closest to recreating 'olden days' celebrations in our brand new stand.

Sparky's goal against Falkirk to make it 4-3 is up there for me. That match was an emotional rollercoaster.

Griffiths winning goal in the Falkirk semifinal closely followed by Ross Caldwell at Tynecastle:thumbsup:

Either Sparkys at Hampden against Falkirk or his free kick at Tynecastle last season, or Jones in the final.

Griffiths winner against Falkirk was brilliant for obvious reasons.

It's obviously just me that celebrated Doyle's equaliser more. It was the relief that we had actually pulled it off. From that point there was only going to be one winner. Up until that trundler went into the bottom right hand corner, we were still thinking it was going to be a typical Hibs hard-luck story.

SteveHFC
11-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Have to agree with you there Fraze. Just the audacity of it, especially after the jambos unfurling all those 5-1, 1902 banners earlier in the game. Capped off by Ngoo et al giving us a lap of honour.

http://youtu.be/OYdZpLSfuiw

I can see myself going mental :greengrin

cleanyman
11-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Tam McManus at Ibrox. What a goal.

For drama, Griffiths vs Falkirk

SteveHFC
11-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Definitely in my top 3! I was but a teenager and it was the first game where I ended up celebrating so much that I ended up quite a few rows from where I started.

This one came closest to recreating 'olden days' celebrations in our brand new stand.

It's obviously just me that celebrated Doyle's equaliser more. It was the relief that we had actually pulled it off. From that point there was only going to be one winner. Up until that trundler went into the bottom right hand corner, we were still thinking it was going to be a typical Hibs hard-luck story.

Nope :greengrin. Doyle's goal was something else mind you :wink:

SeanWilson
11-12-2013, 01:38 PM

:agree: my first hibs game and the goal i used to fast forward for on 'the team that would not die' video! that floated ball and header in slow motion :not worth

Austinho
11-12-2013, 01:38 PM
The bedlam after Anthony Stokes goal straight from kick off (7 seconds) against the Huns still sticks with me, despite the end result.

I remember it was approaching Christmas time, and a win against Rangers would have sent us clear at the top of the table. We were hyped as genuine title contenders before the game, but don't think even the most optimistic Hibs fan believed we could do it. Suddenly we were a goal up, and for a surreal 20 minutes, the atmosphere was incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNuRLfzeChA

hibee6
11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Super Leighs Goal against Falkirk In The Semi

Latapys Goal in the 6-2

Chic Charnleys Lob from just over the half way line followed a week or later Pat McGinleys Lob from just over the half way also or maybe Pat was first cant mind.

SonOfDavidFrancey
11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Joe Jordan's winner at Hampden vs Czechoslovakia in 1973.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyQUI79WSW4

JimBHibees
11-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Garry O's in the ten man derby a few years back have never went as mental scoring a goal in my life.

PeterboroHibee
11-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Some recent ones I can recall are Griffiths vs Aberdeen in the semi final, it was fairly late on and just an amazing experience being in the corner and celebrating right beside the goal where he scored. In terms of technical ability, I remember Nish scoring an absolute worldy against United at Tannadice, he was pretty far out and the keeper had no chance!

essexhibee
11-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Would have to be Sparkys for me at Falkirk. Capped of a comeback I just couldn't see happening. What a feeling that was.

WestEndHibee
11-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I can see myself going mental :greengrin

This was also the day that the MYB went mainstream and the flags made their debut. Reasons to celebrate for everyone. :flag:

Pretty Boy
11-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Garry O'Connor in the 0-3 cup game at Ibrox.

Truth be told they had battered us in the 1st half and i feared the worst. A great ball by Sproule, O'Connor nods it in from half a yard out and total bedlam follows and we tear them apart at Ibrox for a 2nd time that season.

We really should have won the cup that year but losing O'Connor and the injuries and suspensions in the semi final meant that, as always, it wasn't to be.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Nope, Doyle's was the one for me too! :agree::thumbsup:

And me.

I'd nipped off to the toilet and came out just as the goal went in. About 40 random strangers all screaming and hugging each other on the concourse.

weonlywon6-2
11-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Most of the goals already mentioned mean a lot.
How about Eddie Mays v celtic in the scottish cup in the 80s?

Bronson
11-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Doyler v Falkirk for sheer bedlam in the stand. Never celebrated a goal like that in my life, unbelievable.

For sheer quality I'd have to say Michael Stewart's volley v Aberdeen, Paul Scholes could only dream of scoring a volley that good.

Leishy1995
11-12-2013, 02:01 PM
The best goal purely for the moment was Morrison vs England for me. More for personal reasons and how I got to celebrate it with my dad who made the journey despite having a heart attack earlier this year.

Griffiths vs Falkrik is second.

Strangely Herni Camera vs Sunderland a few years ago, I was on a Musselburgh Windsor trip. Cracker. Gets third.

SteveHFC
11-12-2013, 02:10 PM
This was also the day that the MYB went mainstream and the flags made their debut. Reasons to celebrate for everyone. :flag:

;-)

frazeHFC
11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
The relief from Doyle's after such a good comeback was brilliant, but for me it was Griffiths' also because of the way he scored it, fantastic finish!

BroxburnHibee
11-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Hard to pick 1 goal to be honest.

Others have picked up on it but Doyle's goal in the semi was more memorable for me and the bedlam that followed it will live in mine and my son's memory forever.

Just like the 'Archie' goal will - quite simply the most memorable fans celebration of a goal I've ever witnessed - total mayhem.

I was in bits when the 4th went in at the 07 final as it was obvious we would win however if I had to pick one then it has to be Keith's in the 91 final. For me it was the first time I had seen Hibs win a trophy and still get goosebumps when I think of that day or see videos of it.

Good thread.

steve75
11-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Doyle's goal was biggest amount of relief I've ever felt!

However, maybe not the best but one that always sticks in my mind as the classiest I've seen -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHzjde0vgk

That touch to leave two of them on their arse will always be remembered by me!

Jim_in_Canada
11-12-2013, 02:50 PM
For me, being an old-timer, it has to be Bobby Duncan's goal against Napoli - we knew to have any chance we had to score early. And it was early, not to mention, it was a screamer.

How I wish I could see a replay of it again !

Jim

Pat 0-7
11-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Archies Goal at Tynie! we won 2-1 Calum Milne jumped in with the fans at the end! :)

Agree with a lot of the ones already mentioned, but this one, in their own pigsty, after so many derby defeats over the few years previously, was just incredible.........probably the best celebrations I have ever been in the middle of.........:greengrin

heretoday
11-12-2013, 03:28 PM
It was the first goal of four scored in the first 10 mins v Hearts at Tynecastle 18th Sept 1965. O'Rourke.

I was with my Dad and we were with a colleague of his whose sons were both mad Hearts fans and bumptious with it.

We were in the centre stand.

My dad grabbed my leg when it went flying in (in the third minute).

"Keep quiet till later, lad" was the message!

Northernhibee
11-12-2013, 03:48 PM
You kind of knew Sparky's 4th was coming - not so Doyle's.

To have lost 3-2 would have been very like us.

brog
11-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Ralph Callachan vs Dundee, unfortunately not on TV. Dribbled along the goal line from corner flag, beat keeper twice, left him on his back & rolled ball in. Other contenders not mentioned,
Alen Orman at Ibrox, the 7th goal because it was the 7th & for Shades tackle, Ally MacLeod vs Dundee, Joe Harper, our first SPL goal vs them, 25 yards top corner down the slope.

DAVE1875
11-12-2013, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a67AonA2jR4

Holmesdale Hibs
11-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Paco Luna equaliser vs AEK.
Shiels equaliser at tynie for about 30s before I realised he's been sent off.
GOC in the 1-0 game that Brebner shouldn't have been sent off in

Non-Hibs
McFadden vs France
Kevin Philips (PALACE vs Watford in playoff final last year)

pedroorange1875
11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
For pure excitement coupled with THE best atmosphere i have ever experienced at a game...Paco Luna's second against AEK

Northernhibee
11-12-2013, 04:55 PM

That was a lovely goal too.

Would really have liked Eoin to still be with us - always a really hard worker.

Northernhibee
11-12-2013, 04:58 PM
In terms of most satisfying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSn0M4kaDa8

Purehibee_MYB
11-12-2013, 05:05 PM

That was when the MYB truly became a presence in the Hibernian community. Great day for the MYB and therefore the world :cb

I'm the same as LioNeil.. Hard to choose between Doyle/Griffiths and also the Caldwell goal. The Rob Jones goal in the CIS cup final was also a good one.

McIntosh
11-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Joe Harper's goal against Hearts from the centre circle. I am sure it was either the first game of the Premier League or the first derby of theseason - around 1975.

hibees59
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Michael O'Neill's goal against Motherwell, brilliant goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgDNxueTtA 2 mins 45 into the video.

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Jimmy o'rourke's header against sellick LC final 1972 2:40 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaY75jHC-4

41 years later and i've only just realised Alan Gordon had a shot cleared off the line not long afterwards :greengrin

3:35mins

Steven_Hibs
11-12-2013, 05:44 PM
The bedlam after Anthony Stokes goal straight from kick off (7 seconds) against the Huns still sticks with me, despite the end result.

I remember it was approaching Christmas time, and a win against Rangers would have sent us clear at the top of the table. We were hyped as genuine title contenders before the game, but don't think even the most optimistic Hibs fan believed we could do it. Suddenly we were a goal up, and for a surreal 20 minutes, the atmosphere was incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNuRLfzeChA

Couldn't agree more, What a cracking goal. Great assist from Zemmama. What I'd give to get that style of attacking play from a player again at Easter Road

Northernhibee
11-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Couldn't agree more, What a cracking goal. Great assist from Zemmama. What I'd give to get that style of attacking play from a player again at Easter Road

With Marsella's scouting skills and Butcher's direct, attacking style I'm thinking that we've got the right combination to repeat that.

bournehibby
11-12-2013, 05:50 PM
It was the first goal of four scored in the first 10 mins v Hearts at Tynecastle 18th Sept 1965. O'Rourke.

I was with my Dad and we were with a colleague of his whose sons were both mad Hearts fans and bumptious with it.

We were in the centre stand.

My dad grabbed my leg when it went flying in (in the third minute).

"Keep quiet till later, lad" was the message!

Remember that well heretoday, but my special goal came earlier in the same year. The winner against the old Rangers in March when we won 2-1 in the SC 6th round at ER.
Willie Hamilton eclipsed Jim Baxter that day, and we recorded our 3rd victory against them that season.
bh

ancient hibee
11-12-2013, 05:53 PM
So many to choose from but one of the most satisfying was when Mattie Jack finally wouldn't give the ball back to Dundee United after they'd been going down like flies for the whole of the second half.

One that most of you won't have seen or heard of was Jim Scott for Edinburgh Select-not long after he'd signed-against Newcastle-picked up the ball wide right beat player after player round the goalie and rolled it in between Newcastle's Irish full backs on the line.Wonder goal-needless to say not captured by the STV cameras.

Davy Wilson for Scotland v England -our first victory against them at Hampden since the 1930s.

Our two goals to beat Celtic in the League Cup final-scored by two out and out Hibees.

snooky
11-12-2013, 06:02 PM
For me, being an old-timer, it has to be Bobby Duncan's goal against Napoli - we knew to have any chance we had to score early. And it was early, not to mention, it was a screamer.

How I wish I could see a replay of it again !

Jim

:agree: One of those BIG goals that's forever burned in my memory.

bigwheel
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
One if my emotional favourites is Gary O'Connor's in the "ten men" derby.....

--------
11-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Jimmy o'rourke's header against sellick LC final 1972 2:40 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaY75jHC-4

41 years later and i've only just realised Alan Gordon had a shot cleared off the line not long afterwards :greengrin

3:35mins

That one.

Yes.

Etched into the memory.

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

I wasn't aware of AG's near-thing either - I had my eyes tight shut for most of the last 20 minutes. :worried:

.Sean.
11-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Both goals in the unbeatable game, De Boer's peno miss and Doyle's equaliser v Falkirk, Griffiths V Aberdeen.

Sheer elation and I pity people who'll never experience such a emotion!

Sir David Gray
11-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Griffiths winner in the semi final against Falkirk was one of the greatest moments of my footballing life.

Won't forget that moment for as long as I live.

Closely followed by Latapy's goal against Hearts in the 6-2 game.

ChicoM1875
11-12-2013, 06:58 PM
One of the goals Artur Boruc flung in in the 3-2 game at Easter Road a few years back. If memory served we went a goal up due to his error. When they equalised he performed a ridiculous chicken dance in response to the pelters he was getting. Then he flung in another. I remember the whole East stand going bonkers. I'm sure there was a couple of 3-2 celtc games in a short space of time so not sure if I'm mixing a couple of games up.

WestEndHibee
11-12-2013, 07:01 PM
One of the goals Artur Boruc flung in in the 3-2 game at Easter Road a few years back. If memory served we went a goal up due to his error. When they equalised he performed a ridiculous chicken dance in response to the pelters he was getting. Then he flung in another. I remember the whole East stand going bonkers. I'm sure there was a couple of 3-2 celtc games in a short space of time so not sure if I'm mixing a couple of games up.

http://youtu.be/OYu2CI_Tbfg

Not this by chance? :greengrin:flag::flag:

I remember watching this up in the highlands and my friend's grandad doing "the boruc" dance after Hibs third goal.

jdships
11-12-2013, 07:17 PM
JOE BAKER , TOMMY PRESTON AND BOBBY DUNCAN

Hibs v Barcelona, 22nd February 1961
These names/match/date are etched on my memory for ever
Will never forget the atmosphere and emotion of that night ending with the ref making a sharp exit, surrounded by Lothian and Borders finest !!.

:flag:

ChicoM1875
11-12-2013, 07:23 PM

I remember watching this up in the highlands and my friend's grandad doing "the boruc" dance after Hibs third goal.

Sorry can't click your link on my phone.
This is the one! Absolute belter from Gatthuesi, some cracking saves from Makalamby, banners with spelling errors, chicken dances! That game had everything!

HibbyAndy
11-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Riordan v Hearts Easter rd 2005 at the **** end.

That goal wont be bettered FACT

pacorosssco
11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Good question , seen some great goals and some special times following Hibs. So hard to choose but going for Fletchers last against Killie. Sat with most of my friends the realisation we were about to see Hibs win a trophy does it for me. To look around hug and kiss those close to me while rest of the HIbs fans went mental . SPECIAL

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2013, 09:39 PM
That one.

Yes.

Etched into the memory.

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

I wasn't aware of AG's near-thing either - I had my eyes tight shut for most of the last 20 minutes. :worried:

Arfur Montford got it wrong by commentating it was a cross from pat stanton, it wasn't a cross..it was a chip...and a sheer class chip at that :agree:

Jonnyboy
11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Doyle's goal was biggest amount of relief I've ever felt!

However, maybe not the best but one that always sticks in my mind as the classiest I've seen -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHzjde0vgk

That touch to leave two of them on their arse will always be remembered by me!

Commentary no bad either :greengrin

Jonnyboy
11-12-2013, 10:31 PM
JOE BAKER , TOMMY PRESTON AND BOBBY DUNCAN

Hibs v Barcelona, 22nd February 1961
These names/match/date are etched on my memory for ever
Will never forget the atmosphere and emotion of that night ending with the ref making a sharp exit, surrounded by Lothian and Borders finest !!.

:flag:

A wee slip of the finger on the keyboard there Mr ships. Bobby Kinloch not Duncan :greengrin

A selection of press quotes from At Easter Road They Play regarding both the 4-4 and 3-2 :aok:

Of the 4-4

Hibs struck a glorious blow for Scottish prestige in putting on a dazzling exhibition and the first hour was unbelievable. It was like the Hibernian team of the 1948 era proclaimed the Scottish Daily Mail.

the Daily Record offered, Eleven Hibs heroes gave Scottish football its greatest ever boost and the Easter Road miracle men were close to bringing off the football story of the century. Hibs were magnificent, every man of them.

And of the 3-2 game

Hibs were more than worthy winners and the deplorable incidents late in the game should not be allowed to push into the background what was a truly wonderful display by Hibs. There was no greater star than Joe Baker who outshone by far every one of the high priced Barcelona forwards reported the Scottish Daily Express.

Hibs can once again take their stance in world football The Scottish Daily Mail

Floodlight the Castle, fire a 21 gun salute for Hibs’ never say die heroes who gave Scottish football its greatest boost in years. The Evening Dispatch

A magnificently achieved victory in which every Easter Road man gave wholeheartedly of his best The Daily Record

Stax
11-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Brilliant atmosphere, East Terrace went mental. A Combination of Boruc & Caldwell acting like total welts made the experience all the more enjoyable :na na:

lyonhibs
11-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Gary Caldwell got stick something awful that game.

"****ged by a hibbee, she-s getting ****ged by a hibbee, ****ged by a Hibbeeeeeee" and
"What's it like to **** a Hun"

My offerings:

The best: Riordan's absolute screamer from 30 yards at ER against Hearts. Made even more immortal by my mate saying - as he takes the touch inside Neilson - "Don't shoot". He didn't even finish his sentence before the place went mental.

Most memorable: These weren't good goals per se, but I just remember them really vividly.

Gary Smith, the thinking man's predator, nodding the ball in against Dundee United to make it 3-2 as we got towards the business end of the season under Mowbray when we finished 3rd

And an Ian Murray sclaff/St Mirren OG the game after we had beaten Celtc at Parkhead with Galbraith scoring. Typical Hibs, entering the last few minutes of the next home game against a supposedly "diddy" team, about to drop points. Cue a Murray cross somehow wriggling its way in off a St Mirren defender to make it 2-1. I went absolutely tonto, and ended up several seats away from where I started.

pacorosssco
11-12-2013, 10:56 PM
And of the 3-2 game

Hibs were more than worthy winners and the deplorable incidents late in the game should not be allowed to push into the background what was a truly wonderful display by Hibs. There was no greater star than Joe Baker who outshone by far every one of the high priced Barcelona forwards reported the Scottish Daily Express.

Floodlight the Castle, fire a 21 gun salute for Hibs’ never say die heroes who gave Scottish football its greatest boost in years. The Evening Dispatch

A magnificently achieved victory in which every Easter Road man gave wholeheartedly of his best The Daily Record

[/QUOTE]
till
Didnt pick for reasons given but I had not long moved to Holland and I was back that weekend for a short break . Missus told me wrong flight time so missed Friday flight from dam and was given Saturday flight at five in the pm . Was back less the 24hr and went straight from game to Edinburgh airport with my trusted green and white scarf to be met by a group of them coming out as I went in. What was the score big man 3-2 , magic they siad till I said for the team that was first to wear the green. Kin loved it

Jonnyboy
11-12-2013, 10:57 PM
And of the 3-2 game

till
Didnt pick for reasons given but I had not long moved to Holland and I was back that weekend for a short break . Missus told me wrong flight time so missed Friday flight from dam and was given Saturday flight at five in the pm . Was back less the 24hr and went straight from game to Edinburgh airport with my trusted green and white scarf to be met by a group of them coming out as I went in. What was the score big man 3-2 , magic they siad till I said for the team that was first to wear the green. Kin loved it[/QUOTE]

Bishop Hibee
11-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Keith Wright scoring the second in the 1991 League Cup Final. After thinking their may well not be a Hibs to support 16 months before, to know we had secured a trophy was fantastic.

pacorosssco
11-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Keith Wright scoring the second in the 1991 League Cup Final. After thinking their may well not be a Hibs to support 16 months before, to know we had secured a trophy was fantastic.

I was going to go for that but of my family's generation I didnt really come from a Hibs background. Only as I got older I found out my grandad(mum's side) who I never met or knew was Hibs daft and went with my uncles most weeks. I knew 91 was big but at 13 and with a father who went to tynecastle primary and was born in gorgie and is a rugby man I didn't have the same experience of 2007. I will say my dad has come to games with me since I encouraged him in my twenties and I have had great Hibs experiences with him for that reason. He was stood next to me as a man in 2007 with my mates. Emotional

My_Wife_Camille
11-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Most of mine have been mentioned already. Sparks semi final goals against Aberdeen and Falkirk. Simply stunning scenes!

Deanos goal to win the game at Tynecastle and Pacos equaliser were special too, as we're the goals in the Unbeatable Derby.

Also a mention for Stephen Glass and his volley against Aberdeen in December 2004. A wonderful strike that won us the game and put us ahead of an Aberdeen side that we're getting rave reviews at the time. For me that win was a signal that Bobby/Tonys youngsters had really come of age and were going to be something special.

Also surprised that Amadou hasn't been mentioned. Scored the goal that got us into Europe :wink:

Hibeesmad
11-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Derek Riordan penalty against them at tynecastle in 2009, my first ever derby at tynecastle

matty_f
12-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Rob Jones in the snow on the way to winning the cup.
Jones putting the yams out the cup in the 81% game
Griffiths getting the winner v Falkirk - just an unbelievable game.
Doyle getting the equaliser in that game, still get goosebumps thinking about that moment.
Eddie May scoring against them at easter road, was the winner in the first derby I can remember going to.
Hunter at the PBS.
Latapy hitting number 6.
Sauzee smashing it in at the pbs in the millennium derby.
Keith Wright heading in the winner v the huns (rip) in the semi.
Ivan getting his hat-trick at Ibrox
Zittelli overhead kick at dens, and smashing one in from a ridiculous position v at Fir Park
Brown at Parkhead in the yellow strips
De La Cruz after 30 seconds or so against the Yams
Riordan making the plukey lesbian look silly from 30 yards
Archibald at the pbs.

I f*****g love Hibs.

HoboHarry
12-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Kenny Dalglish vs Wales. Never been to a game like that before or since. Just amazing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXf3n1Mv0I

Gettin' Auld
12-12-2013, 08:34 AM
The 2nd goal in the 1972 League Cup Final.

Once Jimmy O'Rourke sent that diving header into the net, i knew that i was going to see Pat raise that trophy.

HiBremian
12-12-2013, 08:43 AM
The 2nd goal in the 1972 League Cup Final.

Once Jimmy O'Rourke sent that diving header into the net, i knew that i was going to see Pat raise that trophy.

100% me too. Still gives me goosebumps every time I see it. And on that day the emotions were up in the stratosphere :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Gettin' Auld
12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
100% me too. Still gives me goosebumps every time I see it. And on that day the emotions were up in the stratosphere :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Aye i've never felt emotions like that again. Not even the 7:0 game, but that was pretty close. :greengrin

Hard to believe that was over 40 years ago now. Sure doesn't seem like it.

We were spoiled getting to watch football like that, compared to what we get served up with today.

Hibs90
12-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Gotta be Rob Jones goal in the CIS Final. As Murphy swung the corner in I said to myself 'this is it'. Went mental. After that I knew we were winning the cup that day. Just knew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWyrp4i_oLQ

Makaveli
12-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm going with Riordan's penalty at Tynecastle.

The game didn't mean that much but we went in with an unbelievably weakened side, and that along with our small support made for a different kind of atmosphere.

Better and more important goals at Tynecastle run it close (Miller to make it 0-3 when their end was already empty, Deano's winner in 2005, etc) but there was something about that night in 2009. I can't really explain it... a genuine "had to be there" moment.

heretoday
12-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Remember that well heretoday, but my special goal came earlier in the same year. The winner against the old Rangers in March when we won 2-1 in the SC 6th round at ER.
Willie Hamilton eclipsed Jim Baxter that day, and we recorded our 3rd victory against them that season.
bh
ah yes but did Hamilton make contact with the ball? Controversy raged at the time. We used to replicate that goal in the local park. Don't see many folk playing 3 and In these days. Maybe it's available as a computer game now!

hibeesboii
12-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Riordans volley at tynecastle

hibby rae
12-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm going with Riordan's penalty at Tynecastle.

The game didn't mean that much but we went in with an unbelievably weakened side, and that along with our small support made for a different kind of atmosphere.

Better and more important goals at Tynecastle run it close (Miller to make it 0-3 when their end was already empty, Deano's winner in 2005, etc) but there was something about that night in 2009. I can't really explain it... a genuine "had to be there" moment.

I remember going to the game fully expecting to get beat and was wondering "why do I bother?". Cherry on the cake was Deek decking the Yam that went for him afterwards.

RoscoHibby
12-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Kevin Harpers goal against the yaks, new years 96. I was 14 and properly lived and breathed hibs at the time. Had just been cuffed 7-0 by Rangers a few days before, then 5 mins in Neil "Dissa" Pointon scored for them. Michael O'Neill equalised 5 mins before HT with a bullet header. Few mins later wee Harper smashes a ball out the sky into the top corner. I've never felt such a powerful combo of joy, relief n GIRFUY yams at the same time, made me burst oot greetin...only time football has done that to me (although probably cos I had to choke them back at SOL in '07!)

****in love the hibs!

hibby rae
12-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Most of mine have been mentioned already. Sparks semi final goals against Aberdeen and Falkirk. Simply stunning scenes!

Deanos goal to win the game at Tynecastle and Pacos equaliser were special too, as we're the goals in the Unbeatable Derby.

Also a mention for Stephen Glass and his volley against Aberdeen in December 2004. A wonderful strike that won us the game and put us ahead of an Aberdeen side that we're getting rave reviews at the time. For me that win was a signal that Bobby/Tonys youngsters had really come of age and were going to be something special.

Also surprised that Amadou hasn't been mentioned. Scored the goal that got us into Europe :wink:

Was he not on his arse when he scored it as well?

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Theres a few. Brian Rice away to Dumbarton years ago when we needed to win ... a screamer too BTW. Dobies equalizer at Hampden in the League Cup semi. Spooney's winner last year against them. Doyle's goal against Falkirk. Any of the goals we have scored in winning cup finals.

The best goal that never was? Paco Luna against AEK ... If that header had gone in I swear the whole crowd would have been on the pitch.

brog
12-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Gotta be Rob Jones goal in the CIS Final. As Murphy swung the corner in I said to myself 'this is it'. Went mental. After that I knew we were winning the cup that day. Just knew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWyrp4i_oLQ

That's a great little piece of footage. Have we scored from a corner since?? :wink:

since90plustwo
12-12-2013, 03:37 PM
surprised noone has mentioned stokes' goal at ibrox. took down long ball over the top before chipping it over whittaker and weir i think it was before volleying it over mcgregor. goal was a complete blur after the match, scenes in the hibs end after that goal is one of the best ive ever seen:thumbsup:

DTS
12-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Super Leigh and Doyle's goals against Falkirk followed by spoony's against them hard to separate the three

Pretty Boy
12-12-2013, 05:36 PM
surprised noone has mentioned stokes' goal at ibrox. took down long ball over the top before chipping it over whittaker and weir i think it was before volleying it over mcgregor. goal was a complete blur after the match, scenes in the hibs end after that goal is one of the best ive ever seen:thumbsup:

I was right next to the Rangers fans that day. Goal went in, i went absolutely mental giving it big GIRFUYs to them, fat hun takes offence and launches his pie at me. Misses and gets lifted into the bargain. Shame.

bournehibby
12-12-2013, 05:44 PM
ah yes but did Hamilton make contact with the ball? Controversy raged at the time. We used to replicate that goal in the local park. Don't see many folk playing 3 and In these days. Maybe it's available as a computer game now!

:agree: I was in the Old North enclosure level with the six yard box, and he got a touch (well maybe as big fan of WH I wanted to believe he did :not worth)

bh

hibby rae
12-12-2013, 06:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxQR_dd7vCI

Northernhibee
12-12-2013, 07:42 PM
I quite enjoyed Sean O'Hanlon's goal vs Aberdeen at Pittodrie - it had been squeaky bum time for most of the second half of the season re: potential relegation and when that goal hit the back of the net to make it 0-2 I think we all managed to breath a little easier.

Plus it was an O'Hanlon goal :thumbsup:

lEXO
12-12-2013, 08:39 PM
A fair few contenders for me but Sauzee header when we beat the ****s 3-1 at easter road. Wisnae spectacular but he took a dull one and lost a few teeth. The sight of him jogging back after getting treatment and clenching his fist still gives me goosebumps and showed what it meant to him. His goal in the millennium derby wisnae to shabby either mind.

Bay Area Hibees
12-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Thanks for the Archie goal, what a game. I remember Kano had ankle knock, he was in papers saying he bathed everyday at Porty in the salt to help get fit. Think he scored the first and set up the 2nd?

Huge away support.

Archibald really was a class player. Movement that Steven Fletcher had/still has, similar players in some ways.

Mentalbarnett
12-12-2013, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnigShdkZ4

8.20 onwards PC Murdoch going up to take penalty number 07 for hibs. It was a terrible trip to glasgow the rain was non stop but worth it. Until recently I still had difficulty with penalty shoot-outs.

Bay Area Hibees
12-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Lots great goals and memories been shared.

What about Didier Agatte against Dundee, he scored two great goals as we won 2.1 I think, for the 2nd remember him running half length of the pitch.

If anyone has the footage please share, hope it's as good as I remember!

Jonnyboy
12-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Lots great goals and memories been shared.

What about Didier Agatte against Dundee, he scored two great goals as we won 2.1 I think, for the 2nd remember him running half length of the pitch.

If anyone has the footage please share, hope it's as good as I remember!

Do you mean this one per chance?

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=12616

Mr White
12-12-2013, 09:14 PM

If you click the previous game on that link agathe also scored a brace against United in a 3 nil win, they were similar crackers too were they not?

lEXO
12-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Or Zittelli,s volley against AEK Athens

Mr White
12-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Or Zittelli,s volley against AEK Athens

One that joe keenan recreated v morton in 2008 to the same futile outcome of losing in extra time.

Jonnyboy
12-12-2013, 09:28 PM

If you click the previous game on that link agathe also scored a brace against United in a 3 nil win, they were similar crackers too were they not?

Indeed. His only four for Hibs :agree:

lEXO
12-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Or Mixu,s 3rd in the 6-2 game. A great team goal. Then again Ralphy Callaghan dancing round the Dundee defence to score an individually great goal. Loads that keep coming to mind

Squealing pig
12-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Few free kicks from sauzee , and the header when he lost his teeth.

Squealing pig
12-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Also antony stokes at ibrox what a goal

Bay Area Hibees
13-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Indeed. His only four for Hibs :agree:

Yeah that was the one - think so as couldn't see footage but forgot he also scored against Utd. Gutted we didn;t hold onto him.

Hongkong Phooey
13-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Dave MacPherson's OG at Celtic Park in the cup final to equalise for us. Right in front of the Hibs fans. Classic! Pity how the rest of the game panned out, but a brilliant moment to laugh at the giraffe.

Pete
13-12-2013, 07:00 AM
It's automatically Doyle's against Falkirk in the best match I have ever been to...

...but Ivan's goal to make it 2-0 at Ibrox in the cup equals it. The first sent us into dreamland but the second was like "we can actually do this". The ball broke to Ivan off a header and I was in line with the yawning gap of goal I wanted him to put it in and was saying to myself for that split second "stick it here, just pass it in this direction!"

He preferred to slam it in:thumbsup:

Great day as every rangers fan I came across was sound and appreciated the hibs team at that time.

PaulC
13-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Most of the goals already mentioned mean a lot.
How about Eddie Mays v celtic in the scottish cup in the 80s?

This one, was the winner to make it 4-3. East went mental.

Alex Trager
13-12-2013, 08:28 AM
For anyone who likes Celtic watch the three two video for the main reasons I do not like them at all. Their arrogance is disgusting. I really do hate them. Celtics feeder club since blah blah. Blow me Timmys.

Also how good were we te first half of the season under Hughes? If only terry could have some of that playing staff. Stokes Riordan, zemmama, benji, miller- most of all- not short in the attacking department.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2013, 08:34 AM
For anyone who likes Celtic watch the three two video for the main reasons I do not like them at all. Their arrogance is disgusting. I really do hate them. Celtics feeder club since blah blah. Blow me Timmys.

Also how good were we te first half of the season under Hughes? If only terry could have some of that playing staff. Stokes Riordan, zemmama, benji, miller- most of all- not short in the attacking department.
When you mention those players and see what we now have it emphasises the fact that we haven't had managers with connections to bring in the quality of player that they were Although stokes also took time to start scoring so haven't given up on Collins but have on vineHe is actually going to leave the club as one of the few strikers we have signed that hasn't scored for first team All he will be remembered for is that Ridiculous Beard

worcesterhibby
13-12-2013, 09:39 AM
For Hibs it's probably Keith Wrights winning goal in the 91/92 League Cup. Hampden was still terracing and we just went mental when the ball hit the net. I ended up about 30 rows from where I started jumping up and down and hugging some bloke in a Womble suit !!

For Scotland it has to be Dalglish's goal to make it Scotland 3 Spain 1 at Hampden in 1986. It was one of the first Scotland matches I attended and Dalglish was a real hero of mine. Fantastic goal and typically Dalglish like…just love the way he always looked so pleased when he scored…never punched there air and celebrated in anger like John Terry or so many these days..always just pure joy of scoring.

http://youtu.be/z9XtXnafCwU

worcesterhibby
13-12-2013, 09:42 AM

To be honest I didn't mind the feeder club banner - there is humour there and that is what football rivals should be all about, plus we stuffed it back down their throats with the win. I would far rather Celtic fans produced banners and sang songs about their footballing achievements than the sectarian crap.

Alex Trager
13-12-2013, 09:48 AM
To be honest I didn't mind the feeder club banner - there is humour there and that is what football rivals should be all about, plus we stuffed it back down their throats with the win. I would far rather Celtic fans produced banners and sang songs about their footballing achievements than the sectarian crap.

I suppose I follow what you're saying. And agree to a certain extent. I do dislike them though and it annoyed me that they had so many Hibs players on their books

PeeJay
13-12-2013, 10:14 AM
1968 - Tynecastle - Scottish League Cup Semi Final - Hibs v Dundee - 1-1 with 1 minute to go. Ally McGraw returned to the field of play with his leg heavily bandaged because of an injury (no substitutes in those days) so he hobbles around and somehow scores the last minute winner from a corner - a moment I'll never forget - best goal for the memories associated with it as it took us to a cup final ... :greengrin It's a great pity that many magical Hibs moments are not available on Utube and so on ... (Napoli also springs to mind)

Heisenberg
13-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Wotherspoon against Hearts in the cup meant a lot. Having been humped in the final by them the previous season and all that "your club died in May" chat to deal with winning 1-0 due to a captain Zal deflection was glorious. The scenes of celebration were brilliant and the atmosphere was the best I've seen at ER for a long time after the goal.

Andy74
13-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Probably McIntyre's penalty in the Skol cup final. First time in my life there was the reality that we could actually win something!

hibby rae
13-12-2013, 12:09 PM
1968 - Tynecastle - Scottish League Cup Semi Final - Hibs v Dundee - 1-1 with 1 minute to go. Ally McGraw returned to the field of play with his leg heavily bandaged because of an injury (no substitutes in those days) so he hobbles around and somehow scores the last minute winner from a corner - a moment I'll never forget - best goal for the memories associated with it as it took us to a cup final ... :greengrin It's a great pity that many magical Hibs moments are not available on Utube and so on ... (Napoli also springs to mind)

Also at Tynie, Jackson scoring against Utd in the 1993 semi.

saltandsauce
13-12-2013, 12:21 PM
For me it's Brian rice and Willie irvine at boghead in a must win game in the 80's
More recently goc's winner at ict for our first win up there,not the best goal but certainly celebrated like a league winner by the hibbys who were in attendance.

weonlywon6-2
13-12-2013, 12:48 PM
This one, was the winner to make it 4-3. East went mental.

Sure did,arguably the best game i have ever seen

VivaHiberńa
13-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Hahaha that was a beast of a goal. I just remember thinking as he hit it "For f***'s sake who do you think you are!? You're Eoin f***ing Doyle! Don't try and... YAAAS!!!" That said, he was a decent player and while I maybe don't want him back, I definitely take him back.

For anyone who likes Celtc watch the three two video for the main reasons I do not like them at all. Their arrogance is disgusting. I really do hate them. Celtcs feeder club since blah blah. Blow me Timmys.

Fixed that for you :wink:

SteveHFC
13-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Galbraith's winner at Celtic Park

Porbarly the last time i went mental celebrating a goal until Leigh's winner against Aberdeen in the semi-final last year

:top marks

GreenLake
13-12-2013, 03:39 PM
For Hibs it's probably Keith Wrights winning goal in the 91/92 League Cup. Hampden was still terracing and we just went mental when the ball hit the net. I ended up about 30 rows from where I started jumping up and down and hugging some bloke in a Womble suit !!

For Scotland it has to be Dalglish's goal to make it Scotland 3 Spain 1 at Hampden in 1986. It was one of the first Scotland matches I attended and Dalglish was a real hero of mine. Fantastic goal and typically Dalglish like…just love the way he always looked so pleased when he scored…never punched there air and celebrated in anger like John Terry or so many these days..always just pure joy of scoring.

That was a great goal, and the game was a qualifier in 1984 for the 1986 Mexico World Cup. How times have changed both teams.

Bay Area Hibees
13-12-2013, 07:33 PM

Magic mate, totally agree with all of this, Dalgleish just magic. Wright cup final win, first cup I saw us win. was living in weedge at the time and didn't make it back to ER. For the killi game i made sure I was back at ER to celebrate, what a night that was too.

hibbydog
14-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Riordan's screamer v hearts at Easter road, march 2004. Spanked it from 25+ yards. Craig gordon had nae chance and it was the first of a few screamers against hearts for him.

Latapy's volley to make it 6-1 against hearts was beyond everyone's wildest dreams.

Griffiths winner in the cup semi, for pure drama & relief. When the ball broke to him, someone shouted 'this is it!'. Celebrations were crazy!!

leggeto
14-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Garry O's in the ten man derby a few years back have never went as mental scoring a goal in my life.

same,I ended up spilling onto the pitch at that goal,crazy

Ronniekirk
14-12-2013, 09:48 AM
same,I ended up spilling onto the pitch at that goal,crazy
I fell between the old rows of seats as I rushed down towards where he celebrated the goal Was trampled on and had bruises for ages to remind me. Why can't we put a screen up at next derby and re run great goals against hear7s Maybe that would inspire fans and players

leggeto
14-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I fell between the old rows of seats as I rushed down towards where he celebrated the goal Was trampled on and had bruises for ages to remind me. Why can't we put a screen up at next derby and re run great goals against hear7s Maybe that would inspire fans and players

we could do with one of they screens like at Hampden wonder how much they would cost

Allant1981
14-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Tam mcmanus volley against rangers, just class