PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Butcher: Learning About Hibs' History

RSS Bot
10-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Latest update with TB on Hibernian TV

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131210/butcher-learning-about-hibs-history_2262950_3570640)

Diclonius
10-12-2013, 05:09 PM
You mean he doesn't already know?! :grr:

GORDONSMITH7
10-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Terry said on Saturday that he will have a wander to Dan's graveside now and again and have a word and contemplate. I have no doubt about his sincerity in doing that. For a guy like him and where he has been, to take the history of the Hibs on board publicly is spot on.

GGTTH

BIG G

joe breezy
10-12-2013, 06:04 PM
I really like Terry's attitude - there seems to be more substance with him already

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Terry learning about Hibs history, the rest of us learning Hearts ARE history.

It has a certain ring...

Gus Fring
10-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm throughly enjoying Butchers interviews. He always seems to say the right things and is a breath of fresh air after the comparatively more private Fenlon. I get the impression he really does feel proud to be here and wants to do us proud as well.

Could all be BS and he just wants to use us as a stepping stone to the Rangers gig of course :wink:

Dr Jimmy
10-12-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm throughly enjoying Butchers interviews. He always seems to say the right things and is a breath of fresh air after the comparatively more private Fenlon. I get the impression he really does feel proud to be here and wants to do us proud as well.

Could all be BS and he just wants to use us as a stepping stone to the Rangers gig of course :wink:

You worry me.

SmashinGlass
10-12-2013, 08:15 PM

At least learning the history of that club wouldn't take him anywhere near as long.....

SMAXXA
10-12-2013, 08:56 PM
At least learning the history of that club wouldn't take him anywhere near as long.....

:faf::faf::faf:

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2013, 09:16 PM

There would be a few fences to mend as he's not popular with either the powers that be, or the more bigoted fanbase (ie: the fanbase) at Ibrox. His biog criticised McCoist, Brown and kit man Jimmy Bell for their behaviour during the Mo Johnston affair, and he made disparaging remarks about the attitude of Rangers more bigoted fans (ie: all of them.) The Huns are not known for forgiveness, and traditionally frown on those who transgress by telling tales out of Castle Greyschool.

Not impossible, but he would certainly need a behind-the-scenes charm offensive and it would -incredibly- be seen as very contentious appointment in light of those comments.

Scott Allan Key
10-12-2013, 09:25 PM
There would be a few fences to mend as he's not popular with either the powers that be, or the more bigoted fanbase (ie: the fanbase) at Ibrox. His biog criticised McCoist, Brown and kit man Jimmy Bell for their behaviour during the Mo Johnston affair, and he made disparaging remarks about the attitude of Rangers more bigoted fans (ie: all of them.) The Huns are not known for forgiveness, and traditionally frown on those who transgress by telling tales out of Castle Greyschool.

Not impossible, but he would certainly need a behind-the-scenes charm offensive and it would -incredibly- be seen as very contentious appointment in light of those comments.

It was his wife he got him to have a good look at himself over the singing of their obnoxious songs while still a relatively young man. It seems like she really opened his eyes as to what poison emanates from the bigots. I can't see him ignoring the issue of sectarianism if he was to go there as he's already made his feelings known and would understand how that would go down with the fan base. Having said that, Souness was determined to break the signing policy and was backed.

GORDONSMITH7
10-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I honestly think that he is learning about our History and had not a scoobie that we have such a rich and wonderful one when he took the job. His experience and contribution on Saturday at Dan's event and clearly what he researched and said, says that he does now. Eventually he will move on as all Managers do, however having an idea what we are about can only be positive. Hope he fires this onto the players.

GGTTH

BIG G

hibees 7062
10-12-2013, 09:34 PM
You worry me.

:greengrin

AndyM_1875
10-12-2013, 09:41 PM

Highly recommend you seek out a copy of the big man's autobiography. He's finished with Rangers.
Terry's wife, Rita, never ever understood the sectarian nonsense behind Rangers support, hated it in fact. When Rangers signed Mo Johnston TB said "super player, terrific signing to help the team win trophies" and that didn't go down well in many quarters at Ibrox and he regularly criticised what he called "sectarian garbage" peddled by Rangers fans who also didn't like his Inverness side playing hard & beating them . To top it in 2012 he called Rangers "a new club" :greengrin

Oh and the Vanguard Bears apparently hate big Terry. :devil:

The only club I'd be worried about coming in for Terry in the years ahead are Ipswich Town, the team he supports.

GORDONSMITH7
10-12-2013, 09:42 PM
The Huns will presumably not be happy that Terry was happily in the presence of a Priest who blessed the new Headstone, from the Church that Dan attended whilst doing his sterling work for the Hibs, amongst folk of many faiths and none, which applies to the Hibs and most certainly St. Pat's Branch. They will never ever get round their heids what the Hibernian Family are about and probably dinnae want to.

GGTTH

BIG G

Gus Fring
10-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I should say my comment about Rangers was tongue in cheek. When he was originally rumoured some people were saying he would only use us to get the Rangers job. I did put a wink smilie at the end

trev the hat
10-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Terry's attendance on Saturday morning at the ceremony on a match day spoke volumes of the man for me, his words coming across as very genuine indeed.

GORDONSMITH7
11-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Terry's attendance on Saturday morning at the ceremony on a match day spoke volumes of the man for me, his words coming across as very genuine indeed.

What you said amigo.

GGTTH

BIG G

HKhibby
11-12-2013, 11:27 AM

It possibly could be!...but i do not think you are right!...he already publicly stated a few years back that he hated the whole old firm hatred and bigotry thing!, and i think personally if he did really well with Hibs....and he has to be given time!...someone in the Championship down south would eventually come in for him!....and he would probably go there rather than the Old Firm...although money can talk...but either havnt got much!

HKhibby
11-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Highly recommend you seek out a copy of the big man's autobiography. He's finished with Rangers.
Terry's wife, Rita, never ever understood the sectarian nonsense behind Rangers support, hated it i. Fact, and neither did he. When Rangers signed Mo Johnston TB said "super player, terrific signing to help the team win trophies" and that didn't go down well in many quarters at Ibrox and he regularly criticised what he called "sectarian garbage" peddled by Rangers fans who also didn't like his Inverness side playing hard & beating them . To top it in 2012 he called Rangers "a new club" :greengrin

Oh and the Vanguard Bears apparently hate big Terry. :devil:

The only club I'd be worried about coming in for Terry in the years ahead are Ipswich Town, the team he supports.

Yes spot on!...probably the only club he might jump ship for, because of playing History etc.. i dont think he is purely money oriented or big name oriented!, but obviously sees Hibs as more of a challenge and potential after taking Inverness as far as he probably could!