PDA

View Full Version : Celtic on Saturday

.Sean.
10-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Who's going? Predictions? Line-up you'd like to see?

I'd go with;

Williams

Maybury - Forster - Hanlon - McGivern

Stevenson - Thomson

Robertson - Cairney - Craig

Collins

I'd be tempted to put Nelson in for Forster if he's fully fit and I'd also not have Tudor Jones near the first 11. Train through and a day on the skite in the Weej, looking forward to it.

MyJo
10-12-2013, 04:56 PM
I think we might see:

________________Williams

Maybury____Nelson_____Hanlon_____McGivern

______________Tudor_Jones

Cairney____Robertson___Craig____Stevenson

________________Collins

I would rather see:

________________Williams

Forster_____Nelson_____Hanlon_____McGivern

_______________Thomson
________Robbo____________Craig
Handling_________________________Cairney

________________Collins

B.H.F.C
10-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Robertson will come back in if fit. Wouldn't surprise me if it was for Handling who didn't play well and was hooked on Saturday. I think he may go with the extra body in midfield.

Only other change I could possibly see him making is Nelson coming back in to add a bit of experience.

3pm
10-12-2013, 05:06 PM
I'd play Sean's team.

TheGreenMan
10-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Hanlon needs dropped IMO

I just dont rate him, he's as soft as **** and whilst Forster never covered himself in glory for the goal on Saturday, Hanlon's 'defending' was just pathetic and something you'd see in a passive training session or game of 5s. I'm not Nelson's biggest fan either, but I'd have him in for Hanlon. He's a better defender than Hanlon. I'd also have McGivern at centre half, said it for a while now, he came to us as a left centre back who was playing at left back Im sure and when Hanlon was injured last season McGivern played left centre half with McPake and played his best games for us there. He gets caught out of position far too often at left back and is really struggling with form/confidence the now. I think Stevenson is also better at Left back than left mid as he tries hard but offers zero from an attacking point of view. Thomson needs to start in front of OTJ too, it just has to happen. So, after that wee explanation...

I'd go:

Williams

Maybury
Nelson
McGivern
Stevenson

Handling
Robertson
Craig
Thomson
Cairney

Collins

:cb

frazeHFC
10-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Exams finish on Friday, then this on Saturday. Can't wait!! Not the most optimistic about the game however, but you never know.

Pete
10-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Nelson will probably come in for Forster and I'd expect we'll see Taiwo before Thomson in midfield.

MyJo
10-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Hanlon needs dropped IMO

I just dont rate him, he's as soft as **** and whilst Forster never covered himself in glory for the goal on Saturday, Hanlon's 'defending' was just pathetic and something you'd see in a passive training session or game of 5s. I'm not Nelson's biggest fan either, but I'd have him in for Hanlon. He's a better defender than Hanlon.

Hanlon didnt put a foot wrong on saturday, we lost a goal due to mistakes by Handling and Forster and Hanlon was actually impeded by Forster when he came across to challenge the partick striker at the edge of the box. Forster ran into him as he was attempting to tackle the guy.

Hanlon is the least of our worries just now and certainly doesnt deserve the ripping he receives on here most of the time.

I'd also have McGivern at centre half, said it for a while now, he came to us as a left centre back who was playing at left back Im sure and when Hanlon was injured last season McGivern played left centre half with McPake and played his best games for us there. He gets caught out of position far too often at left back and is really struggling with form/confidence the now. I think Stevenson is also better at Left back than left mid as he tries hard but offers zero from an attacking point of view. Thomson needs to start in front of OTJ too, it just has to happen. So, after that wee explanation...

McGivern's a left back that can cover at centre half. If he came to us as a centre back then someone needs to tell Man City as they seem to think he was a left back when he was in thier academy?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/academy-news/2011/november/graduates-no36-ryan-mcgivern

Dont disagree with you on the Stevenson and OTJ points, just dont understand the vitriol towards Hanlon.

TheGreenMan
10-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Hanlon didnt put a foot wrong on saturday, we lost a goal due to mistakes by Handling and Forster and Hanlon was actually impeded by Forster when he came across to challenge the partick striker at the edge of the box. Forster ran into him as he was attempting to tackle the guy.

Hanlon is the least of our worries just now and certainly doesnt deserve the ripping he receives on here most of the time.

McGivern's a left back that can cover at centre half. If he came to us as a centre back then someone needs to tell Man City as they seem to think he was a left back when he was in thier academy?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/academy-news/2011/november/graduates-no36-ryan-mcgivern

Dont disagree with you on the Stevenson and OTJ points, just dont understand the vitriol towards Hanlon.

Trust me he did. Watch the replay of the goal. There was no attempt to tackle the striker. Initially he never closed the space down to which allowed the striker to cut infield towards goal, he then positioned himself so badly and was square on, and when the striker changed direction to go down Hanlons right he was off balance and because of being square on could make no attempt at tackling him. I'm not saying Hanlon should be dropped after Saturday alone, I just dont think he is the answer. If he hadnt come through our youth team, he wouldnt still be there IMO. Always happy for us to give our youth players plenty time, like Forster for example, I think he has more potential than Hanlon and I'd rather see us attempt to develop him.

I thought it was the opposite way around, but if he was officially a left back that can cover centre back at 17/18 years old then it isnt really inconceivable that his best position may be centre back and that he will naturally get better there than at left back, he was (is) only young and will have a lot to learn but like I said, IMO he has played his best games for us at centre back due to is lack of positional sense at left back being caught too often and his use of the ball isnt good. He is good in the air and has a decent turn of pace and I think he would make a better centre back than left back. Which as I said would then allow us to have Stevenson in his best position and a more forward thinking player in a midfield position, I think the team would benefit more overall.

DanTheMan
10-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I'll be there with my bro as usual. Looking forward to this game, always a good laugh going through there :greengrin

DanTheMan
11-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Anyone else going?

S4uzee
11-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Hibs 14/1 on Sat looks tempting

pacorosssco
11-12-2013, 06:33 PM
A Christmas trip to the weeg to see the Hi-bees MAGIC.... Feed the weegies. Cant make it but hope to noise up some unwashed while watching in a bar in Cologne

GreenLake
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm going to miss the whole game. Can someone shout and complain about the referee in my absence?

andrew70
12-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Williams
Maybury Nelson Hanlon McGivern
Cairney Robertson OTJ Craig Stevenson
Collins

Subs: Handling, Forster, Taiwo, Caldwell, Murdoch, Thomson, Horribine

The_Horde
12-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Williams

Forster Nelson Hanlon Mcgivern

Handling Robertson Craig Stevenson Cairney

Collins

yeezus.
12-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Who's going? Predictions? Line-up you'd like to see?

I'd go with;

Williams

Maybury - Forster - Hanlon - McGivern

Stevenson - Thomson

Robertson - Cairney - Craig

Collins

I'd be tempted to put Nelson in for Forster if he's fully fit and I'd also not have Tudor Jones near the first 11. Train through and a day on the skite in the Weej, looking forward to it.

Gutted I'm working all day Saturday, but I agree with your line-up, Craig and Collins to score 1-2 Hibs :thumbsup:

Jones28
12-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Neither Forster nor Hanlon covered themselves in glory for the goal on Saturday. They were both equally at fault but I don't think dropping either of them will do any good. I'd rather have those 2 fully fit over a 75% Nelson.

I'd have a midfield 3 with 2 wide players supporting Collins up front. The 3 being Thomson, Craig and Robertson. Wide probably will be Stevenson on the left and handling or zoubir on the right. Alternatively put Robertson wide right and stick Taiwo in the middle.

Either it'll be a tough game and the midfield battle is where it will be won or lost. They destroyed hearts because of the amount of control they had in the midfield so that needs to be seriously limited.

Get in their faces, rile them up and don't give them any respect. That's how we drew and won at Easter road and that's the way to do it at Celtic park. They don't even have the green brigade to get them going.

DTS
12-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Same team as the Patrick game but with Robertson in for handling if fit if not I can see Thomson perhaps getting his first game for butcher

.Sean.
12-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Looking forward to this now. Anyone ken the words to any Ajax songs? :greengrin

Ronniekirk
12-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Don't know about the song but I heard Ajax wiped the Floor with them

hibs0666
12-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I'll be there.

To my fellow travellers, just remember to get them telt...

"If it wisnae for the Hibees you'd be huns"

Pretty Boy
12-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Can't make it sadly.

Got a funny feeling we'll come away with a point.

Jim44
12-12-2013, 06:54 PM
This really is a nothing to lose game. Nobody's taking points off Celtic ( makes our draw at ER very acceptable). A good performance, whether it brings points or not, should be a priority.

Stax
12-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Don't know about the song but I heard Ajax wiped the Floor with them
:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-12-2013, 07:18 PM

Looks realistic?

HibbyAndy
12-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Is that you Lewy ?

weonlywon6-2
12-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I dont think we could face celtic at a more difficult time.They will be hurting about that result and they know they can make up for it at the weekend.

Pete
12-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Ajax songs are the songs of the orange bigot and have no place in football.

Perhaps rebel songs would be more appropriate. We are brothers in green after all.

lEXO
12-12-2013, 07:43 PM
I,m going and taking my missus. Whatever team Big Tel puts out will do for me. Fancy a draw tae be honest. The eternal optomist

Sir David Gray
12-12-2013, 07:44 PM
We have absolutely nothing to lose on Saturday.

They are hammering everyone in Scottish football at the moment so even if we come away with a narrow defeat, it will be considered to be better than many people are fearing.

Hopefully last night's defeat will have knocked a bit of stuffing out of them and we can take advantage of some nerves that they might be feeling, especially early on.

I'm expecting to lose the game but I don't think we'll be hammered like Motherwell and the big team were.

Hibee Ryan
12-12-2013, 10:21 PM
I'll be there hopefully keep up my track record of never seeing us lose there!

Track record

seen 4 won 2 drew 2 :thumbsup: