PDA

View Full Version : Under 20s tonight - Hibs 5 Ross County 0

oconnors_strip
10-12-2013, 03:04 PM
The under 20s are playing Ross county tonight at Livingston, kick off 6pm.

Hibstrooper
10-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Is it definitely 6pm? The Evening News said 7pm.

I'm thinking about heading along seeing as the wife is out for the evening.

oconnors_strip
10-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Is it definitely 6pm? The Evening News said 7pm.

I'm thinking about heading along seeing as the wife is out for the evening.

yes its 6pm, checked with hibs and the spl. its so county can travel back up the road and get home at a more reasonable hour

Viva_Palmeiras
10-12-2013, 04:36 PM
yes its 6pm, checked with hibs and the spl. its so county can travel back up the road and get home at a more reasonable hour

Sense breaking out? Surely not ;)

Hibstrooper
10-12-2013, 04:40 PM

Cheers :aok:

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 04:43 PM
On my way out to Livvi now, hope Jason Cummings is playing. Would expect to see Clancy and maybe Thomson as he hasn't played for a bit

Billy
10-12-2013, 06:17 PM
1-0 Stanton

Billy
10-12-2013, 06:20 PM
2-0 Gardiner

mutley
10-12-2013, 06:43 PM
3-0 Gardiner again

MSK
10-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Is Gardiner the lad we got from Spurs ..?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Is Gardiner the lad we got from Spurs ..?

Yep, the centre back.

MSK
10-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Yep, the centre back.:aok:

Ronniekirk
10-12-2013, 07:14 PM
3-0 Gardiner again
What vine isn't on the score sheet yet .? Is Thompson being given a run out as he can't bring him straight into a full game at Parkhead without some game time under his belt So if he isn't there then he won't playing on Saturday so there are a few hint a already of who may move on in January if there are clubs willing to take them Vine ,Tiawo ,and possibly Thomson

mutley
10-12-2013, 07:21 PM
4-0 Cummings according to Billy on Twitter, gutted the lad missed against Partick, he could be a very good asset

Ronniekirk
10-12-2013, 07:32 PM
4-0 Cummings according to Billy on Twitter, gutted the lad missed against Partick, he could be a very good asset
If he keeps scoring he will get more and more game time Remember Was it Sauzee that blooded Riorden but he took ages to bag his first goal then the Floodgates opened . so we need to be patient as we are all looking for a quick fix to goal scoring problem in the first team . Cairney Robertson and Craig can all chip in and Heff and Harris when back from injury Collins will score but may just creep into double figures unless he hits a purple patch but he isn't getting breaks and the pressure is on him to score each week if others aren't chipping in but he will under tell and mo learn to cope mentally with that

mutley
10-12-2013, 07:38 PM
5-0 Stanton

SMAXXA
10-12-2013, 08:19 PM
What vine isn't on the score sheet yet .? Is Thompson being given a run out as he can't bring him straight into a full game at Parkhead without some game time under his belt So if he isn't there then he won't playing on Saturday so there are a few hint a already of who may move on in January if there are clubs willing to take them Vine ,Tiawo ,and possibly Thomson

He is looking to move on in January, won't feature under TB I'm afraid.

Leighonel
10-12-2013, 08:25 PM
For anyone who watches the u20's, is Stanton nearly back to full fitness/ready to step up to the senior team?

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 08:46 PM
For anyone who watches the u20's, is Stanton nearly back to full fitness/ready to step up to the senior team?

Another good game from Sammy. He would be in my team on Saturday if I was the manager. How many midfielders do we have that can get into the box like him?

Hibs7
10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
A Stanton back in the Hibs first team ... Get in there !! :thumbsup:

Thecat23
10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Jason Cummings just tweeted this..

@JasonCummings95: Game over for my ankle 😪

mutley
10-12-2013, 08:58 PM

That doesn't sound good!!

Aldo
10-12-2013, 09:00 PM

Is that KT or Vine or both SMAXXA??

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 09:03 PM

I said at the game that he didn't look as sharp as normal. Must have got an injury.
How many injuries are Hibs going to get this season, seems relentless

Thecat23
10-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I said at the game that he didn't look as sharp as normal. Must have got an injury.
How many injuries are Hibs going to get this season, seems relentless

Sad to hear and like you say, so unlucky with injuries this season.

Thecat23
10-12-2013, 09:05 PM

Like I told you ;)

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 09:09 PM

Why was he in the squad on Saturday? We really don't want players in the 18 man squad, that don't want to be at Hibs

Andy74
10-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Another good game from Sammy. He would be in my team on Saturday if I was the manager. How many midfielders do we have that can get into the box like him?

Craig and Robertson but they may get stuck in the middle a bit. Cairney as well.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Craig and Robertson but they may get stuck in the middle a bit. Cairney as well.

Sammy's not a winger, right or left midfield player in my opinion

SMAXXA
10-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Like I told you ;)

No you told me there was a falling out nothing about him leaving in Jan as this has only been last week or so :wink:. I'm not saying TB won't ever play him but it's clear they haven't hit it of since day 1 and the expectation is that he will be leaving in Jan.

Thecat23
10-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Why was he in the squad on Saturday? We really don't want players in the 18 man squad, that don't want to be at Hibs

As I said a while back, be surprised if he plays for us again. Shame as he is a class player but one who might not fit into TB way of playing.

Jim44
10-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Pity. I'd have still liked to see Thomson in the squad, as I think he is the best at what he does at the club. But if Butcher doesn't see a place for
his type of player then I suppose that's that. I'd hate to think he's out in the cold because of a personality clash.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I enjoyed watching the U20's tonight. Impressed with Gardiner, Stanton, Todd and Baptie.

Nelson played and was superb in that he looked solid and coached the players around him with non stop verbal encouragement.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2013, 09:22 PM
As I said a while back, be surprised if he plays for us again. Shame as he is a class player but one who might not fit into TB way of playing.

Its a surprise to me too, as i'd say Thomson could do exactly the same job as OTJ, but also do it much better too.

Plus his passes would be a lot more accurate.

Andy74
10-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Thomson and our new style don't really go together.

Craig_in_Prague
10-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Dissapointed if Thommo goes. Still a quality player.
Stevenson will keep clocking up games yet KT is leaving. Mad old game is football.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Thomson and our new style don't really go together.

What new style would that be Andy?

Weir7
10-12-2013, 09:31 PM

Hoofball. Smashing it back to front. Hit an hope and try and win second balls.

Thecat23
10-12-2013, 09:33 PM
No you told me there was a falling out nothing about him leaving in Jan as this has only been last week or so :wink:. I'm not saying TB won't ever play him but it's clear they haven't hit it of since day 1 and the expectation is that he will be leaving in Jan.

Ah that's right, my bad :D He's already told his brother in law Wes he wants out in Jan. Soon as they fell out he pretty much wanted out as he knew he wouldn't be in their plans!

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Hoofball. Smashing it back to front. Hit an hope and try and win second balls.

So, on the basis of three games when an underperforming team very low in confidence manage to get positive results in those games it's nothing to do with how they played? Strikes me that TB could have us playing like Barca but folk would still find reason to complain.

Of course what TB should have done is tell the players to continue with their 64 sideways and back passes BEFORE the hoof. That was so much better to watch right enough

Andy74
10-12-2013, 09:35 PM

I'm sure you'll have seen John. And don't tell me that's how we were playing anyway. It wasn't close.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm sure you'll have seen John. And don't tell me that's how we were playing anyway. It wasn't close.

Different but more rewarding, no? PF's hoofball came after endless meaningless passes and I know you'll have seen that for yourself.

As a matter of interest, what style do you think TB should adopt with this bunch of players?

Weir7
10-12-2013, 09:38 PM
So, on the basis of three games when an underperforming team very low in confidence manage to get positive results in those games it's nothing to do with how they played? Strikes me that TB could have us playing like Barca but folk would still find reason to complain.

Of course what TB should have done is tell the players to continue with their 64 sideways and back passes BEFORE the hoof. That was so much better to watch right enough
And I said all that. No.

Mogga in his first game after only a few training sessions had the boys playing it on the carpet. A major change from blobbies tactics.

Hoofball is dark age tactics from a byegone age. No decent team smashes it back to front.

Andy74
10-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Different but more rewarding, no? PF's hoofball came after endless meaningless passes and I know you'll have seen that for yourself.

As a matter of interest, what style do you think TB should adopt with this bunch of players?

I'm sure we beat St Mirren and Partick last time we played each so who knows what our previous way of playing would have produced.

I'd have liked to see us building on the way we were trying to pass the ball but make it quicker and get a bit of creativity like Cairney or Zoubir added to it.

I thought we were getting there and the first half be Hearts is probably what we should be looking for.

Don't think there is a need to go to the out and out long ball game.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:42 PM
And I said all that. No.

Mogga in his first game after only a few training sessions had the boys playing it on the carpet. A major change from bloobies tactics.

Hoofball is dark age tactics from a byegone age. No decent team smashes it back to front.

Look what Mowbray had to work with and tell me it's a fair comparison.

I think judging him as a hoofball manager after 3 games is a little hasty. And before anyone says it, ICT played some lovely stuff with the ball on the deck

Heisenberg
10-12-2013, 09:43 PM

It's a different, more effective hoofball to what Fenlon was giving us. Passing it about a lot between the midfield and defence before launching it aimlessley forward was not good to watch.

And this is after three games. I'll be more than happy to give him the same amount of time Fenlon had to sort us out.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:44 PM
It's a different, more effective hoofball to what Fenlon was giving us. Passing it about a lot between the midfield and defence before launching it aimlessley forward was not good to watch.

But we didn't do that, did we Andy? :wink:

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 09:46 PM
And I said all that. No.

Mogga in his first game after only a few training sessions had the boys playing it on the carpet. A major change from blobbies tactics.

Mogga had a bunch of players in his team that could play that style. We don't have the luxury of that at the moment

Andy74
10-12-2013, 09:47 PM

More effective in terms of what so far?

And I don't really accept that we just launched it aimlessly as a matter of course.

If we win games Im not too bothered. I am slightly amused by the about turn on hoofball now though. And proper hoofball.

Weir7
10-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Look what Mowbray had to work with and tell me it's a fair comparison.

I think judging him as a hoofball manager after 3 games is a little hasty. And before anyone says it, ICT played some lovely stuff with the ball on the deck

Mogga had a lot of young kids. Butcher has a lot of exeprienced pros.

ICT came to ER and played nice attackinf fitba.

No doubt Butcher had to get more energy into our game. And push the team up the park and play in opposition half. That can still be done with effective passing.

But he hasn't went down that road.

Andy74
10-12-2013, 09:49 PM
But we didn't do that, did we Andy? :wink:

Not as a plan no. We lacked pace and creativity to make the most of situations though. I think we had a decent basis of a team and style though.

B.H.F.C
10-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm sure we beat St Mirren and Partick last time we played each so who knows what our previous way of playing would have produced.

I'd have liked to see us building on the way we were trying to pass the ball but make it quicker and get a bit of creativity like Cairney or Zoubir added to it.

I thought we were getting there and the first half be Hearts is probably what we should be looking for.

And I'm sure Pat never beat Ross County in 5 attempts so what's your point?

Watch the style Butchers Inverness team played when they've beat us 2 and 3 nil this season. I'm pretty sure that is what he will be striving for.

2 years in a job resulted in a good half hour against a poor Hearts team in a game that we still lost and we were getting there?

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2013, 09:50 PM

And this is after three games. I'll be more than happy to give him the same amount of time Fenlon had to sort us out.

Exactly, if we are playing this way in 2 years time then Butcher will get it tight, but just now we are creating more chances and putting much more pressure on the opposition than we have done in a very long time.

I'm not saying its good to watch, i'm also not saying this is the type of football i want us to play, but i sure as hell want us to catch the team above us, then the next team above us.

That was NEVER going to happen under Fenlon, and once Butcher can get his players in and get rid of the dross Fenlon brought in, i'm sure performances and results will drastically improve.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Not as a plan no. We lacked pace and creativity to make the most of situations though. I think we had a decent basis of a team and style though.

I don't think we did, neither did a lot of other Hibs supporters, and that's why Pat's out of a job

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:51 PM

And I don't really accept that we just launched it aimlessly as a matter of course.

If we win games Im not too bothered. I am slightly amused by the about turn on hoofball now though. And proper hoofball.

There you go again, changing the facts to suit your argument. You're a very bad boy :greengrin

Fenlon's hoofball, proper hoofball, invariably came after a series of pointless passes by his two holding midfielders and whichever defender they chose to pass too. Then they hoofed it, aimlessly for the most part.

I know that, you know that and so do the vast majority of us that sat and witnessed it with our own eyes :aok:

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Mogga had a lot of young kids. Butcher has a lot of exeprienced pros.

ICT came to ER and played nice attackinf fitba.

No doubt Butcher had to get more energy into our game. And push the team up the park and play in opposition half. That can still be done with effective passing.

But he hasn't went down that road.

Again, judging him on three games is hardly fair

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 09:52 PM
What a shame a good victory and performance from the under 20's in being dragged down again.
Won 7-1 last week and 5-0 this week, we must be doing something right

Heisenberg
10-12-2013, 09:52 PM

In terms of creating goal scoring chances and putting our opposition under pressure. Under Fenlon we were lucky to get a shot on target every week. I'm not saying I want us to play hoofball, I'm saying that's how we'll play for the time being, at least until the squad Fenlon built can be sorted. A team lacking pace and creativity can't really play in a whole load of different ways.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:53 PM

Sorry, but like Weir7 you're expecting too much, too soon

Ronniekirk
10-12-2013, 09:57 PM
It's ok to be afraid but personally I will be delighted if vine moves on in January he has never shown enough work rate or sharpness .Whem Fenlon said he had options and contingency plan if Leigh didn't sign I don't think he did and hence he ended up signing vine.Sadly unlike a good wine off the vine he hasn't matured with age.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2013, 09:58 PM
You can't play effective hoofball if you have no pace and your players are not 100% fit. Think Butcher has made a decision on both of these points already.

Heisenberg
10-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Moving from the boring Fenlon chat it seems the 20s are doing very well. Top of the league with games in hand iirc. Very promising for the club.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Moving from the boring Fenlon chat it seems the 20s are doing very well. Top of the league with games in hand iirc. Very promising for the club.

Exactly and apologies for joining in the 'other' debate. As I said earlier, it was enjoyable watching the lads and I'd recommend others go see them if they haven't already :agree:

Andy74
10-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Exactly and apologies for joining in the 'other' debate. As I said earlier, it was enjoyable watching the lads and I'd recommend others go see them if they haven't already :agree:

Agreed!!

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Agreed!!

I agree with your agreement :greengrin

StarMan10
10-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Celtic 20's are still the team favourite to finish top I'd say. More games in hand than us but if I remember rightly aren't too far behind us. Still great that the young boys are back to doing the business after that wee blip they had.

Nevi_SOL
11-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Celtic 20's are still the team favourite to finish top I'd say. More games in hand than us but if I remember rightly aren't too far behind us. Still great that the young boys are back to doing the business after that wee blip they had.

Especially when you take it in to account we also play in another leqgue competition aswell

scoopyboy
11-12-2013, 11:25 AM

@JasonCummings95: Game over for my ankle 

Anybody able to expand on this, he finished the game and I hope he hasn't picked up an injury that is liable to keep him out for a while.

brog
11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Anybody able to expand on this, he finished the game and I hope he hasn't picked up an injury that is liable to keep him out for a while.

I agree, I was very impressed with him on Sat. Watch his movement for his "miss". As soon as ball went over his head he was on move into exactly the right place. He did similarly going for the loose ball after Cairney's attempted dink over top. He shrugged off the miss & went looking for the ball, his midfield turn, run past a defender & shot was exactly what we needed. Could really be a player, hope its nothing serious.

Golden Bear
11-12-2013, 11:36 AM

Not sure if its related or not but he picked up an injury playing in an EoS game v Peebles Rovers about 3 weeks ago. He landed awkwardly after a challenge and may have overstretched on the heavy pitch and looked to have damaged his ankle. He was substituted and looked to be in a bit of pain.

PeterboroHibee
11-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Its good to see them doing so well, and I hope it equates to more of these guys getting a shot in the first team! I dont think the league position is hugely important though (for example when the young guys won the double a couple of years ago iirc none of them are still with the club?), the most important thing is really trying to develop the players - I think there are a couple of other positions in the first team that should be up for grabs in my opinion, and with no obvious solutions within the first team squad, it would be interesting to see more youngsters brought in!

oconnors_strip
11-12-2013, 11:45 AM

Don't think it's that bad, he tweeted its like a beach ball. Swollen and bruised, but some physio and rest will help

Brightside
11-12-2013, 11:57 AM

a knock and some swelling. I beleive the coach and physio told him to stop being such a wuss.

hibeeleicester
11-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Ive said it before, Butcher is an idiot for dropping KT.

On the surface everything looks great with Butcher, says the right things to the fans etc...

However everything ive heard hasn't been good at all. Dropping KT is another stupid decision. :rolleyes:

Hopefully things start looking up.

Golden Bear
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM

On the surface everything looks great with Butcher, says the right things to the fans etc...

However everything ive heard hasn't been good at all. Dropping KT is another stupid decision. :rolleyes:

I've always been a fan of KT's play - however is there a pattern here?

First of all he had the alleged fallout with JC then within a couple of days we hear that he allegedly doesn't rate TB's methods.

We've all had disagreements with our bosses but in the end it's often a case of knuckling under and getting on with things.

GoldenEagle
11-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Go on then, indulge us with the rumours of Terry's poor man management.

inglisavhibs
11-12-2013, 12:51 PM

That's great, let's start doubting the manager after three weeks based on what you have heard! Do you realise how badly we have been performing for what seems like an eternity. Butcher will be judged like all managers when he has his own team on the park. One thing's for sure though, there will be some unhappy players along the way and so there should be.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Calling our manager an idiot after 3 games or less because he drops one player?

"Everything" you've heard from where?

Managers are put in there to make the tough decisions. Typically there will be some feathers ruffled at the start before things settle down. TB won't be any different although it appears he has more balls that he has more balls than the last few managers to go where others feared to tread so on that basis it's a good sign if feathers are ruffled as opposed to preened.

PeterboroHibee
11-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Why?

Kato
11-12-2013, 01:43 PM
KT played in most of the games under Fenlon when the football was allegedly atrocious. How come he's being missed so much?

ehf
11-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Calling our manager an idiot after 3 games or less because he drops one player?

"Everything" you've heard from where?

Managers are put in there to make the tough decisions. Typically there will be some feathers ruffled at the start before things settle down. TB won't be any different although it appears he has more balls that he has more balls than the last few managers to go where others feared to tread so on that basis it's a good sign if feathers are ruffled as opposed to preened.

Evidently, Butcher's ineptitude is the talk of the steamie down in Peterborough :confused:

jakeshibs
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM

Things are already looking up, we are competing more, getting the ball in to the box more often, crosses etc the goals will come, Buthers not here to win popularity, but to make us difficult to beat, and win matches... he has my full support!

scoopyboy
11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Why are people rabbiting on about the first team playing hoofball and Kevin Thomson when this thread is an under 20s thread????

Billy Whizz
11-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Why are people rabbiting on about the first team playing hoofball and Kevin Thomson when this thread is an under 20s thread????

Exactly scoopyboy

hibeeleicester
11-12-2013, 03:48 PM
We'll see :wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
We'll see :wink:

Nice comeback, Champagne Charlie would be proud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl9WjGnIgbA

hibeeleicester
11-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Nice comeback, Champagne Charlie would be proud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl9WjGnIgbA

Cheers boss! :aok: