PDA

View Full Version : McCoist disappointed by 'strange' Easter Road choice

--------
10-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Seems ER isn't good enough for fat Ally. Would prefer a 60,000 seat stadium. I wonder which one he has in mind?

And does the plan involve the fans trashing the stadium after the game?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-disappointed-by-strange-easter-road-choice.22580762

Of course, "neutral ground" in Hunspeak means "in Glasgow".

I hope we have plenty of hip-boots and shovels in store to clean up the The Rangers sections after that one.

Iggy Pope
10-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Seems ER isn't good enough for fat Ally. Would prefer a 60,000 seat stadium. I wonder which one he has in mind?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mccoist-disappointed-by-strange-easter-road-choice.22580762

I hope we have plenty of hip-boots and shovels in store to clean up the The Rangers sections after that one.

Never struck me as that fat when he was playing. just a bit square. The telly puts pounds on you too.
Think it's since he stopped being an athlete?

--------
10-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Never struck me as that fat when he was playing. just a bit square. The telly puts pounds on you too.

Was he ever an athlete?

He'll be putting on the pounds over the next couple of months, though - LOI Christmas Parties and Burns' Suppers.

Jonny1875
10-12-2013, 10:07 AM
I think he forgets that its not a major tournament.

Iggy Pope
10-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Was he ever an athlete?

He'll be putting on the pounds over the next couple of months, though - LOI Christmas Parties and Burns' Suppers.
:greengrin
League of Ireland Christmas parties? The Blue Order will be interested!

--------
10-12-2013, 10:18 AM
League of Ireland Christmas parties? The Blue Order will be interested!

I don't think too many Shamrock Rovers fans'll be at the parties Ally's going to.

More likely to meet Mason O'Boyne, I'd say.

mutley
10-12-2013, 10:22 AM
All I can see is more cash coming into ER, lets face it, IF any damage is done, they'll have to pay for it, and I'm sure well get a few quid in rent

GreenCastle
10-12-2013, 10:33 AM
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/other-sport/mccoist-ramsdens-cup-final-venue-no-problem-1.147245

This was Oct 30th - contradicting himself?

April 6th is when the final takes place - according to our fixtures we play Aberdeen the day before on April 5th at home.

The thought of the yams playing there semi final and sevco coming to play at our stadium in the space of a few months - :jamboak:

Only positive is the money - any idea how much the club gets for hosting?

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Has Sally demanded to know the names of those responsible for this decision yet?

PeterboroHibee
10-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Obviously the financial gain is a benefit, but I dont particularly want them coming to ER. Also, I imagine the exact reason they havent been given Celtic Park is the amount of damage they would do to it, so it isnt really a strange decision like McCoist is suggesting! If their fans would behave themselves there wouldnt be any of these problems.

Gus Fring
10-12-2013, 10:57 AM

He needs to stop eating telly's then

--------
10-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Has Sally demanded to know the names of those responsible for this decision yet?

Sally KNOWS it's all Peter Lawell's fault. Fact. Check out some of the comments below the article - apparently Lawell models hi negotiating style on Joe Stalin - we know he must have been responsible because he left the meeting while the matter was being discussed (allegedly, in the overheated imagination of "William Scullion".

(Have you ever noticed that if you shout "Oi, Billy!" in Ibrox, every single head turns to look at you - even the women?)

Saorsa
10-12-2013, 11:02 AM
You're no the only one that would prefer it wisnae at ER you fat *** ****. I'd prefer never tae see your ****my club or ****my fans anywhere near ER ever again.

I'm sure most of the local residents would be delighted too if it was elsewhere so they wouldnae have tae clean up the piss, spew and broken glass from their stairs efter a visit fae the stick twirling, buckie swilling, blue carrier bag, jakey brigade.

Alex Trager
10-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Sally KNOWS it's all Peter Lawell's fault. Fact. Check out some of the comments below the article - apparently Lawell models hi negotiating style on Joe Stalin - we know he must have been responsible because he left the meeting while the matter was being discussed (allegedly, in the overheated imagination of "William Scullion".

(Have you ever noticed that if you shout "Oi, Billy!" in Ibrox, every single head turns to look at you - even the women?)

Oh they have a serious chip on their shoulder when it comes to Lawell. They call him liewell. It's all rather cute.
They believe he was the reason their club was liquidated.

--------
10-12-2013, 11:05 AM
You're no the only one that would prefer it wisnae at ER you fat *** ****. I'd prefer never tae see your ****my club or ****my fans anywhere near ER ever again.

I'm sure most of the local residents would be delighted too if it was elsewhere so they wouldnae have tae clean up the piss, spew and broken glass from their stairs efter a visit fae the stick twirling, buckie swilling, blue carrier bag, jakey brigade.

Come on, Dan, don't beat about the bush - tell us how you REALLY feel about The Rangers fans.

Easter Road and Leith Walk will be a no-go area for the whole of that Sunday afternoon, and the stadium will be in tatters.

Bostonhibby
10-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Hopefully Sally understands that the feeling is mutual, very strange choice that this odious creep is going to be in our stadium. His recent behaviour has exposed him for what he is and it isn't the cheeky chappy he used to wheel out for the amusement of Sue Barker and the other acolytes on Question of Sport. Just sorry he is Scottish.

Diclonius
10-12-2013, 11:11 AM
The Old Firm get a "neutral" venue outside Glasgow for the first time in decades. Uproar.

Pretty Boy
10-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Who cares what the manager of some 2nd division club thinks?

When they win a few trophies and play in the Premiership for the 1st time then they can start trying to dictate to people.

GoldenEagle
10-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that he has a point, I'm sure Raith Rovers would've welcomed the additional 20-30k fans at £20 a ticket being split 50/50.

Peevemor
10-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that he has a point, I'm sure Raith Rovers would've welcomed the additional 20-30k fans at £20 a ticket being split 50/50.

I was thinking the same thing.

HibbySpurs
10-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Sadly for Super Babbly this is not a major tournament, the BIG clubs dont even play in it... It's merley a little cup so that one of the lower league teams can get a trophy each season other than winning their league.

a 20,000+ stadia is more than suitable for a final involving a Championship side and a lowly League 1 side....

In fact much rather than a 50/50 split I think the Championship side should be angling for more tickets here as they are quite obviously the bigger club:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
10-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Smacks of wishing no economic benefit to those who stood for sporting integrity.

--------
10-12-2013, 12:00 PM

Raith chairman's on record as having no objections to the venue.

matty_f
10-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Ally McCoist's opinion is of no relevance in the modern Scottish game.

Suburban Hibby
10-12-2013, 12:09 PM

Maybe Raith really fancy their chances of winning- not going to help that cause with another 30K Brain Donors baying for blood.

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2013, 12:13 PM
He should be grateful that the final of such a meaningless and diddy trophy has been afforded the luxury of playing at one of the best grounds in the SPL.

The_Horde
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
They should give him his wish. And play it at Murrayfield.. we all know its Glasgow he really wants.

crewetollhibee
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Anyone else notice that every time Sally is interviewed, he is always baffled, confused or bewildered about something ? Poor must chap lead his entire life in a total trance.

Bostonhibby
10-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Anyone else notice that every time Sally is interviewed, he is always baffled, confused or bewildered about something ? Poor must chap lead his entire life in a total trance.

Agree, there were certainly a lot of things he appeared to know nothing about during the collapse of the team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers.
I personally don't mind him being in a trance so long is he is well west of Edinburgh he can be in whatever or whoever he wants. Not actually a good manager either.

silverhibee
10-12-2013, 12:24 PM
I hope Hibs are planning to do something about protecting the East Terrace Stones from being damaged from the knuckle scrapers on the day.

AndyM_1875
10-12-2013, 12:33 PM

Ach but this will all change in 18 months time when it's brand Old Firm again and the two scabby old tarts are back in bed with each other again scheming no doubt about how its 'aw the diddy club's faults' and that they "really pyoor need tae move tae the English Premiership cos you lot are aw pish and ye haud us back".

Honestly they must think our heads have a zip up the back.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2013, 12:41 PM

I think Rangers probably need it more than Raith with their extra ordinary high wage bill, including McCoist's mega bucks salary

ronaldo7
10-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I hope Hibs are planning to do something about protecting the East Terrace Stones from being damaged from the knuckle scrapers on the day.

I've been told raith are getting the east.

jacomo
10-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Hopefully Sally understands that the feeling is mutual, very strange choice that this odious creep is going to be in our stadium. His recent behaviour has exposed him for what he is and it isn't the cheeky chappy he used to wheel out for the amusement of Sue Barker and the other acolytes on Question of Sport. Just sorry he is Scottish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17829739

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2195952/Rangers-boss-Ally-McCoist-handed-suspended-ban.html

It since transpired that McCoist did know who was on the panel - and that those individuals then received threats from various knuckle-draggers once their names were in the public domain.

What a disgrace.

Saorsa
10-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Ally McCoist's opinion is of no relevance period.Fixed that for you

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Johnny Hun should feel privileged to play at the stadium, in what is not so much a Mickey Mouse cup as a Mickey Mouse's droppings one. Think they've called it right, can't see many Huns interested in showing up at Parkhead - it would be half-full at best.

Pete
10-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Old firm? Is that the two Edinburgh clubs?

Seveno
10-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Nice for us to get the extra revenue but I hope that the ICT and Raith fans get the north end of the West Stand. I hate the thought of Huns and mini-Huns sitting in my seat.

Deansy
10-12-2013, 02:50 PM
I hope Rod Petrie has the sense to demand a security-deposit from 'THEM' - the clean-up bill is going to be horrendous. Yeeuck, just the thought of their sort being allowed to use our stadium gives that 'Soiled' feeling !!

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Ally McCoist's opinion is of no relevance in the modern Scottish game.

Indeed and I find it utterly astonishing that such a new club is paying its manager £825k per annum.

Saorsa
10-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Indeed and I find it utterly astonishing that such a new club is paying its manager £825k per annum.Particularly a ***** one like him.

ancient hibee
10-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Ally should make the most of it-he's likely to be emptied the minute they get back into the top league.

Bostonhibby
10-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Sorry, just in and I realised on the drive home that I had forgotten to say in my earlier post that Sally is a ****

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Sorry, just in and I realised on the drive home that I had forgotten to say in my earlier post that Sally is a ****

No he's not he's a fat **** :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-12-2013, 08:26 PM
No he's not he's a fat **** :greengrin

Touche'

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Touche'

Hibercelona
10-12-2013, 08:41 PM
With 2 horrible clubs (The Buns and the minis) getting set to play at ER, we may be able to fix the damage, but what about the ever lasting stench? Is it really worth it for a few quid? :jamboak:

(That we may or may not get paid by either institution)

PatHead
10-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Understand he is confused that his wages haven't been reduced yet.

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Understand he is confused that his wages haven't been reduced yet.

I think he should insist that those responsible be named in the media

WestEndHibee
11-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Obviously the financial gain is a benefit, but I dont particularly want them coming to ER. Also, I imagine the exact reason they havent been given Celtic Park is the amount of damage they would do to it, so it isnt really a strange decision like McCoist is suggesting! If their fans would behave themselves there wouldnt be any of these problems.

Exactly, "If I am the managing director of Ramsdens my input would have been 'take it to a 60,000 stadium; I want the Ramsdens name all over the place"

I'm sure Ramsdens would love for the final to be tarnished by a stadium being trashed by the orcs. Ramsdens name would certainly be everywhere.

WestEndHibee
11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I hope Rod Petrie has the sense to demand a security-deposit from 'THEM' - the clean-up bill is going to be horrendous. Yeeuck, just the thought of their sort being allowed to use our stadium gives that 'Soiled' feeling !!

Knowing Rod he'll have it sorted already. Place 7-0 stickers on the parts of the stadium he wants to replace and hey presto the yams finance our maintenance.