PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sam Allardyce

lapsedhibee
10-12-2013, 07:41 AM
in the Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/lack-of-effective-policy-on-exercise-is-tantamount-to-mass-child-neglect-8994237.html) today bemoaning the fact that so many primary schoolchildren are fat.

:wtf:

Never mind complaining about other people not getting enough exercise, what about eating less yourself ya fat ******* ?

bingo70
10-12-2013, 07:59 AM
He's right though.

If a man in his 50s chooses to be overweight, that's his choice. A primary school kid isn't overweight because of their choice, It's down to their parents.

lapsedhibee
10-12-2013, 08:30 AM
He's right though.

If a man in his 50s chooses to be overweight, that's his choice. A primary school kid isn't overweight because of their choice, It's down to their parents.

Course he's right. But as he so obviously "chooses to be overweight", who's going to listen to him? Zero credibility, unless he first does something about his own bloated self.

Geo_1875
10-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Course he's right. But as he so obviously "chooses to be overweight", who's going to listen to him? Zero credibility, unless he first does something about his own bloated self.

While many ex-professional sportsmen choose to spend their time on the golf course or in the gym, Allardyce has a full-time job. He always was a big guy when playing and that makes it doubly hard to keep the weight down when you stop playing. He is far from morbidly obese and I think he makes a valid point with his observations.

lapsedhibee
10-12-2013, 08:54 AM
While many ex-professional sportsmen choose to spend their time on the golf course or in the gym, Allardyce has a full-time job. He always was a big guy when playing and that makes it doubly hard to keep the weight down when you stop playing. He is far from morbidly obese and I think he makes a valid point with his observations.

(1) Having a fulltime job is a reason for being obese? :confused:
(2) Obesity is ok so long as it's not morbid obesity? :confused:

He's the wrong person, in his current state, to be spouting this (completely correct) message.

--------
10-12-2013, 09:02 AM
(1) Having a fulltime job is a reason for being obese? :confused:
(2) Obesity is ok so long as it's not morbid obesity? :confused:

He's the wrong person, in his current state, to be spouting this (completely correct) message.

Not everyone chooses to be fat - it's not uncommon for athletes to put on weight when their careers end and they stop regular training sessions. Allardyce was always built square so extra weight shows more obviously on him.

However, I'd rather have someone like Sam, for whom weight is clearly a problem, drawing attention to this than some lean rakish supermodel of whichever gender lecturing us lesser mortals on the evils of our lifestyle.

They've either never had a problem with it, or they're hiding an eating disorder. :wink:

I don't think there's ever the "wrong person" to tell the truth.

'Sides, Sam's only one of a group that includes medical people and dieticians.

lapsedhibee
10-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Not everyone chooses to be fat - it's not uncommon for athletes to put on weight when their careers end and they stop regular training sessions. Allardyce was always built square so extra weight shows more obviously on him.

However, I'd rather have someone like Sam, for whom weight is clearly a problem, drawing attention to this than some lean rakish supermodel of whichever gender lecturing us lesser mortals on the evils of our lifestyle.

They've either never had a problem with it, or they're hiding an eating disorder. :wink:

I don't think there's ever the "wrong person" to tell the truth.

True, the truth's the truth. It would make more sense to me if some other people who've had full-time jobs for just as long as Fat Sam - for example, Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger - told it.

Here's a picture of Allardyce as a player, to demonstrate why he's so fat now :wink:

--------
10-12-2013, 09:28 AM
True, the truth's the truth. It would make more sense to me if some other people who've had full-time jobs for just as long as Fat Sam - for example, Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger - told it.

Here's a picture of Allardyce as a player, to demonstrate why he's so fat now :wink:

I like Fat Sam - but you're right, he's put on the beef in the last while. Fleshpots of the East End not good for him.

(I wouldn't believe Mourinho if he told me the sky was blue, btw. :wink: Arrogant little man.)

majorhibs
10-12-2013, 09:50 AM
I like Fat Sam - but you're right, he's put on the beef in the last while. Fleshpots of the East End not good for him.

(I wouldn't believe Mourinho if he told me the sky was blue, btw. :wink: Arrogant little man.)

So it's Ok to be an arrogant BIG man? :confused:

--------
10-12-2013, 10:20 AM
So it's Ok to be an arrogant BIG man? :confused:

Works for me. :devil:

BTW - he's 5 inches shorter than I am. Merely corroborative descriptive detail.

But yes, shouldn't have said it. Sorry.

majorhibs
10-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Works for me. :devil:

BTW - he's 5 inches shorter than I am. Merely corroborative descriptive detail.

But yes, shouldn't have said it. Sorry.

Got ye! :fishin: Surely you mind fae all our duellin years ago that there's naebody mair un-PC than me, Doddie. :wink: Or is that the years catchin up wi ye?

--------
10-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Got ye! :fishin: Surely you mind fae all our duellin years ago that there's naebody mair un-PC than me, Doddie. :wink: Or is that the years catchin up wi ye?

No, it's me conscience. :devil:

Naw, I shouldn't cast aspersions at the vertically challenged, Major.

Though a careful study of history has convinced me that most of the wars and massacres of the past couple of centuries are the result of wee fat guys compensating for their lack of inches.

Napoleon, Stalin, Dubya, Nobby Stiles, Alan Ball ...

But I LIKE Fat Sam - he's an old-fashioned football manager. The new breed I don't trust - too smooth and slithery by half.

Fat Sam's the sort of guy who call's a spade a ******* shovel.

Hibercelona
10-12-2013, 07:50 PM
He's correct and also a complete hypocrite.

There's never a correct age to be overly obese.

--------
11-12-2013, 11:55 AM
He's correct and also a complete hypocrite.

There's never a correct age to be overly obese.

"Overly" obese?

You mean that there's an "acceptable" level of obesity that Sam's exceeded? :confused:

johnrebus
11-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Well, at least President Soapy has the nous to leave all the health stuff to Nicola Sturgeon and other cronies.

:agree:

essexhibee
11-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Being a student I've really been able to see exactly why so many young people are overweight. Obviously a lack of exercise etc are massive factors but for example in co op a bag of onion rings are a quid. Whereas veg is double the price for a portion for one person. Not only is it a lot cheaper to buy unhealthier good it also means no moaning from the kids.

It needs to be addressed in this country that good food is so much more expensive than unhealthier foods.

lapsedhibee
11-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Being a student I've really been able to see exactly why so many young people are overweight. Obviously a lack of exercise etc are massive factors but for example in co op a bag of onion rings are a quid. Whereas veg is double the price for a portion for one person. Not only is it a lot cheaper to buy unhealthier good it also means no moaning from the kids.

It needs to be addressed in this country that good food is so much more expensive than unhealthier foods.

But good everything, not just good food, is more expensive than crap. It's not rocket surgery: Spend less of your available funds on bunkum technology upgrades and more of them on proper food!

pacorosssco
11-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Not west ham class. Big sam out fenlon.... wait a minute

Jonnyboy
11-12-2013, 09:45 PM
But good everything, not just good food, is more expensive than crap. It's not rocket surgery: Spend less of your available funds on bunkum technology upgrades and more of them on proper food!

New one on me, that one :greengrin

--------
12-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Very similar to "brain science", John, I think. :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
12-12-2013, 08:40 AM
:faf:

allezsauzee
12-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Kids spend most of their time in front of their computer or gaming console and their parents are scared to let them go out and play to burn off their energy because they've been convinced by the media that there's a pedophile at every corner. They are bound to put on weight. Kids aren't all of a sudden eating junk. I did the same when i was a kid, the difference was that I went out every day and burnt it off.

Mr White
12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Kids spend most of their time in front of their computer or gaming console and their parents are scared to let them go out and play to burn off their energy because they've been convinced by the media that there's a pedophile at every corner. They are bound to put on weight. Kids aren't all of a sudden eating junk. I did the same when i was a kid, the difference was that I went out every day and burnt it off.

:agree: seems a long time since I saw jumpers being put to their proper use as goalposts.

heretoday
12-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Some folk have really got it in for Big Sam. I remember Strachan saying Sam looks like a drunken uncle at a wedding! He could do with losing a few pounds but being a coach he must have more knowledge about physical fitness than most.

Golden Bear
12-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Football mascots definitely seem to be getting fatter these days.

:coffee:

HibbyAndy
12-12-2013, 06:52 PM
He'l be getting his good looks shortly. West ham are pish.

O'Rourke3
12-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Never my favorite manager. Something about him rubs my rhubarb.... Son in Bung Honeytrap. His reaction, I'm not speaking to the BBC. Within on season his ban had gone. At least Fergie waited until he was forced to do interviews with TV sponsors, now he has a book to sell, never off the BBC.....