PDA

View Full Version : Celtc shut out the Green Brigade and other boring celic stuff

Barney McGrew
09-12-2013, 04:12 PM
As it says on the tin, Celtc have taken action following their fans ripping up Fir Park...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25306198

Viva_Palmeiras
09-12-2013, 04:21 PM
As it says on the tin, Celtc have taken action following their fans ripping up Fir Park...

No room for complacency - the debates on here within the last couple of month indicated that pleas regarding smoke bombs/flares may go unneeded because its what some folks are just intent on doing cos it adds to the atmosphere and it harmless...

Glad to see that allocated ticketing and seated stadia being used for part of its purpose - to identify potential perpetrators and take action otherwise its a bit pointless IMO.

CB_NO3
09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Fair play to Celtic for taking action.

GreenCastle
09-12-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm all for atmosphere at games but what happened on Friday night was a disgrace and they should be hammered for it from their own club and the Scottish FA.

Several mindless neds - causing unnecessary damage!
Earlier in the season Celtic changed their mind and reopened Section 111 - after closing it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/23/celtic-park-stadium-green-brigade

Will be interesting to see if they stick to this latest announcement and if it's the end of this yob culture which is bad enough as it is already in Scotland. :rolleyes:

3pm
09-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Is this why the Edinburgh police would not allow Friday night fitba?

Leishy1995
09-12-2013, 05:07 PM
The green brigade issued a statement saying that they were aware that what happened was behind their banner but wasn't their members, and would work with the club to solve this.

Hopefully they do. Otherwise Celtic park turns into a boring place again.

weonlywon6-2
09-12-2013, 05:14 PM

I believe hearts are disappointed there was no damage last week as they could have done with the extra money

3pm
09-12-2013, 05:21 PM
The green brigade issued a statement saying that they were aware that what happened was behind their banner but wasn't their members, and would work with the club to solve this.

Nae offence but who cares!! :greengrin

Saorsa
09-12-2013, 05:23 PM

Hopefully they do. Otherwise Celtic park turns into a boring place again.:hilarious

They were in our bit but it wisnae us, aye right :hilarious where were their members? Behind somebody else's banner :hilarious

Just Alf
09-12-2013, 05:24 PM
"Whilst it was not members of our group behaving in this manner, we accept the fact that these actions took place behind our banner in what was an unofficial 'Green Brigade section' and furthermore that the fans within this area are associated to our group whether they are members or not." - GB spokesman

Just Alf
09-12-2013, 05:25 PM
to be fair... he goes on to say...

""It is particularly disappointing given how hard we have worked as a member organisation of Fans Against Criminalisation and of our own accord to fight the criminalisation of football supporters.

"Ultimately, we should have had greater control of the bodies present within our block and our failure to do so has resulted in events which are unacceptable and we will strive to ensure that such scenes are not repeated."

Keith_M
09-12-2013, 05:26 PM

I read their statement and it sounded pathetic to me.

They're just trying to pass the buck, with a defence of 'it wiznae me guv'.

neilmartinrocks
09-12-2013, 05:27 PM
:hilarious

They were in our bit but it wisnae us, aye right :hilarious where were their members? Behind somebody else's banner :hilarious

Maybe it was the Real Green Brigade or the Provisional Green Brigade?

Aldo
09-12-2013, 05:29 PM
"Whilst it was not members of our group behaving in this manner, we accept the fact that these actions took place behind our banner in what was an unofficial 'Green Brigade section' and furthermore that the fans within this area are associated to our group whether they are members or not." - GB spokesman

Really - so the organisers of the Green Brigade can confirm that NO members of their group were involved.

Bet CCTV proves otherwise.

As for evening games involving them with another Scottish team... This latest incident proves why their games should not be at this time. Dens park last season being the other game.

Further to that - I wonder how many of the 100 or do banned are part/members of the Green Brigade

erin go bragh
09-12-2013, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=Leishy1995;3832605]The green brigade issued a statement saying that they were aware that what happened was behind their banner but wasn't their members, and would work with the club to solve this.

Hopefully they do. Otherwise Celtic park turns into a boring place again.[

Couldnt give a flying duck about their grounds atmosphere . Just hope the Hibs end is bouncing on sat .

Ggtth

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2013, 05:36 PM
You would be looking to change the seats anyway, after that had sat in them for 90 minutes or so.:sick:

weonlywon6-2
09-12-2013, 05:57 PM
:hilarious

Celtic fans for many years have had problems with the truth !

weonlywon6-2
09-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Is this why the Edinburgh police would not allow Friday night fitba?

I think there is more chance of games happening on a friday now there is one police force as resources can be used from elsewhere
Doubt we will see a cat a game on a friday for a while though

weonlywon6-2
09-12-2013, 06:01 PM
to be fair... he goes on to say...

""It is particularly disappointing given how hard we have worked as a member organisation of Fans Against Criminalisation and of our own accord to fight the criminalisation of football supporters.

"Ultimately, we should have had greater control of the bodies present within our block and our failure to do so has resulted in events which are unacceptable and we will strive to ensure that such scenes are not repeated."

Yeah right then

Hibdan12
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
there is a positive to come out of this: Motherwell can finally do something about that disgrace of a stand!

ancient hibee
09-12-2013, 06:54 PM

Pompous pretentious tosh-it's a group of guys going to the fitba ffs.

givescotlandfreedom
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Fair play to Celtic for taking action.

I suspect they're bring seen to take action to try to avoid further punishment from the SPFL.

NAE NOOKIE
09-12-2013, 09:15 PM
You cant help thinking that certain sections of the Celtic support are acting a wee bit like bored kids. The trouble with following a team which wins all the time and is going to be a shoe in to win the league for the rest of the decade is that its probably gets to be as tedious as following a team who lose every other Saturday.

So what happens .... Half of them decide that they are some sort of half assed political party and the rest rip up stands belonging to clubs whos net worth is about half of the transfer value of their right back.

Proof, if proof were needed that the two sides of the Glasgow hate fest need each other and could it be ( bless em ) miss each other.

All together now ............... Aaaaaaawwww.

leggeto
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
What ever happened to the odd bogroll hurling down from the top of the terrace good harmless fun

Pretty Boy
09-12-2013, 09:22 PM
200 damaged seats, 18 smoke bombs and a flare was the 'crime count' according to todays papers. Add to that the dozens of people in that middle section behind the goals who were crammed in and standing on staircases and you have a potentially dangerous situation.

If the Green Brigade want to stop being treated as criminals then they should stop breaking the law. I've got no issue with people wanting to campaign for standing at the football (i'd quite like a standing area) or people wanting an area where they can use smoke bombs (not my cup of tea but not totally against the idea) but taking the law into your own hands isn't the answer. If anything that will make the authorities come down even harder and make any campaign for safe standing by those of us able to behave even more futile.

poolman
09-12-2013, 09:29 PM

Ridiculous actions by Celtic FC

They're the best fans in the world

jacomo
09-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Maybe it was the Real Green Brigade or the Provisional Green Brigade?

:greengrin

Spot on. They seem very fond of evoking the language of the Troubles.

jacomo
09-12-2013, 09:37 PM
200 damaged seats, 18 smoke bombs and a flare was the 'crime count' according to todays papers. Add to that the dozens of people in that middle section behind the goals who were crammed in and standing on staircases and you have a potentially dangerous situation.

If the Green Brigade want to stop being treated as criminals then they should stop breaking the law. I've got no issue with people wanting to campaign for standing at the football (i'd quite like a standing area) or people wanting an area where they can use smoke bombs (not my cup of tea but not totally against the idea) but taking the law into your own hands isn't the answer. If anything that will make the authorities come down even harder and make any campaign for safe standing by those of us able to behave even more futile.

:agree:

Pretty much my thoughts. Being compelled to sit at the fitba is rubbish and a bit of pyro can enliven long winter days and evenings. But bursting seats and other criminality is unacceptable.

Hermit Crab
09-12-2013, 09:52 PM
All this mayhem and damage at the game but no arrests from the police??

cabbageandribs1875
09-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I believe hearts are disappointed there was no damage last week as they could have done with the extra money

is it even possible to make the Asbestos Arena look even worse than it presently does :dunno: would any damage have even been noticed ?

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Thugs plain and simple. Did the GB's spokesman explain where the Green Brigade stickers attached to many of the vandalised seats came from?

As for the Fans against Criminalisation tosh. Don't break the law and problem solved

hibby rae
09-12-2013, 10:04 PM

If Celtic know who to ban then surely the police should be charging folk with criminal damage? I can't believe it wouldn't be caught on cctv.

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 10:07 PM

Am sure I read or heard that a positive decision NOT to start hauling folk out was made because of fears that violence would erupt

Skol
09-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Arguably if Celtic had taken a stronger stance a long time ago, things wouldnt be as they are.

The action being taken now I agree entirely with, but is too late

weecounty hibby
09-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Bunch of fannies who think they are above the law and bigger than the club they say they support. Seems to me they have a political agenda to follow and see Celtic as a vehicle for this. Well done to celtic (sticks in my throat that) for banning them. Hopefully the police will be chapping their doors as well. Was glad to hear other celtic fans on the radio slating them and not giving them any backing

Saorsa
09-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Am sure I read or heard that a positive decision NOT to start hauling folk out was made because of fears that violence would eruptIf it'd been anybody bar them they would have been in there, they always are.

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 10:36 PM
If it's been anybody bar them they would have been in there, they always are.

Agreed J. A bit of a cowardly decision IMO :agree:

Saorsa
09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Agreed J. A bit of a cowardly decision IMO :agree::agree:

Dashing Bob S
09-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Hearts should house them the Asbo stand next home game, where their rioting would cause several thousand pounds worth of improvements.

BurghHibby
09-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Did they not make a song and dance a few seasons ago that they would bring their own stewards to away grounds so the would effectively be "self-stewarding" at theses games in order to minimise damage etc? see that worked well recently then!
btw I think Hibs made them buy tickets for their stewards as well, go on the tache!

Jones28
10-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Celtic fans for many years have had problems with the truth !

No they haven't.

They took 4 million fans to the uefa cup final dont you know?

:greengrin:

Jones28
10-12-2013, 12:08 AM
If it'd been anybody bar them they would have been in there, they always are.

In a fairness, the Motherwell fans that were causing bother in the cup game at new Douglas park weren't touched because of it.

Mob mentality can be dangerous - police officers know that and just because they're police officers doesn't mean they wouldn't get a kicking.

Agree that 99 times out of 100 other fans would get lifted because of it though.

Jonny1875
10-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Over here in Belfast all the 16 year old 'Green Brigade' members are raging and writing "**** the board" on Facebook. Gotta just laugh.

The Gorf
10-12-2013, 09:12 AM
While insisting that none of its members were involved in Friday's events, the Green Brigade admitted that it had happened in an "unofficial Green Brigade section".

And the band played "believe it if you like".

leggeto
10-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Hearts should house them the Asbo stand next home game, where their rioting would cause several thousand pounds worth of improvements.

if a flare hit that stand you could be talking of another Bradford type disaster,it needs to be knocked down now,how are the health and safety reps not taping that off and condem it

Pretty Boy
10-12-2013, 10:14 AM
if a flare hit that stand you could be talking of another Bradford type disaster,it needs to be knocked down now,how are the health and safety reps not taping that off and condem it

Asbestos doesn't burn.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I have to laugh at the Green Brigade's statement trying to say that the people involved in the violence on Friday night were in an "unofficial Green Brigade area"!! Who do they think they are? Since when did a fans' group have an "official" area of a stadium, set aside just for them, especially at an away game!? Oh and I suppose the perpetrators just nicked all the Green Brigade stickers which were plastered all over the broken seats as well?

The Green Brigade, in my opinion, is nothing more than a bunch of hooligans who use football as a platform to carry out their criminal acts.

These folk are deluded and dangerous. The scenes of the aftermath from Friday night were utterly shameful and if the SFA had any backbone, they would handing Celtic a massive fine and a suspended points deduction.

lobster
10-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Arguably if Celtic had taken a stronger stance a long time ago, things wouldnt be as they are.

The action being taken now I agree entirely with, but is too late

Agreed on the stronger stance, like after trashing Firhill after a youth game along with their blue chums but they thought they could sweep it under the carpet. The old Halo seems to be slipping from 'the greatest fans in the world' these days but I think the issue needs more debate. The Green Brigade may have overcome some notorious difficulties with spelling and hanging their banners the right way round but they have improved the atmosphere at games and raised some prickly political and social issues which although I dont necessarily agree with does, along with the noise, bring the life to back to football. Smashing up seats is bull**** but atmosphere is essential.
Just heard on Radio Scotland this morning that 'a cancer was returning to football in Scotland'. What a load of ***** frankly.

Hermit Crab
10-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Am sure I read or heard that a positive decision NOT to start hauling folk out was made because of fears that violence would erupt

Retrospective action?

Hermit Crab
10-12-2013, 11:17 AM
While insisting that none of its members were involved in Friday's events, the Green Brigade admitted that it had happened in an "unofficial Green Brigade section".

And the band played "believe it if you like".

Not seen or heard that saying since my old man caught me lying years ago. Haha. :D

silverhibee
10-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Scottish Police basically admitted that on the radio last night, a spokesman for them said they didn't have enough officers at the game to move in and stop the trouble, it was felt by the Police that by going in and making arrests would only inflame the situation so it was decided to film the culprits and take action at a later date, Tom English pointed out to the spokesman that there was families in the crowd complaining to officers to do something about the bother but the officers told the folk complaining that the offenders were being recorded and detained at a later date, imo i think the GB new what they were up to on Friday night and were hoping that the Police did way in and be heavy handed so that they could claim that they were victims and show that the Police have it in for them.

The big worry for me is heading to darkheid this weekend, there will be a huge Police presence at the game and they will be out to show who is in charge at football games, maybe the club should consider putting someone from the club in the away end to make sure that the fans travelling to the game are treated fairly by stewards and Police during the game, ffs the last time i was there my son was told to sit in his seat rather than leaning on it or he would be ejected from the ground, the game hadn't even started yet :rolleyes:, i had a word with the steward and told him to behave and grow up, he was adamant if my son didn't stop leaning on the seat then the steward would get the polis to eject him from the ground, got to be one of the worst grounds to go to for an away supporter and be treated like animals.

weonlywon6-2
10-12-2013, 01:08 PM
If it'd been anybody bar them they would have been in there, they always are.

There was no need to go in.Too many fans involved and it would have just started a riot.Nobody injured and pick up the pieces after.You will find arrests will no doubt follow after cctv is viewed

The Gorf
10-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Not seen or heard that saying since my old man caught me lying years ago. Haha. :D
Yeah well I can double your age unfortunately. Haven't used it in years.

Saorsa
10-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Scottish Police basically admitted that on the radio last night, a spokesman for them said they didn't have enough officers at the game to move in and stop the trouble, it was felt by the Police that by going in and making arrests would only inflame the situation so it was decided to film the culprits and take action at a later date, Tom English pointed out to the spokesman that there was families in the crowd complaining to officers to do something about the bother but the officers told the folk complaining that the offenders were being recorded and detained at a later date, imo i think the GB new what they were up to on Friday night and were hoping that the Police did way in and be heavy handed so that they could claim that they were victims and show that the Police have it in for them.

The big worry for me is heading to darkheid this weekend, there will be a huge Police presence at the game and they will be out to show who is in charge at football games, maybe the club should consider putting someone from the club in the away end to make sure that the fans travelling to the game are treated fairly by stewards and Police during the game, ffs the last time i was there my son was told to sit in his seat rather than leaning on it or he would be ejected from the ground, the game hadn't even started yet :rolleyes:, i had a word with the steward and told him to behave and grow up, he was adamant if my son didn't stop leaning on the seat then the steward would get the polis to eject him from the ground, got to be one of the worst grounds to go to for an away supporter and be treated like animals.I have a solution tae that :wink: :greengrin

frazeHFC
10-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I have a solution tae that :wink: :greengrin

Sit in the home support? You nawty man DD!

:wink:

ancient hibee
10-12-2013, 06:39 PM
It's an interesting state of affairs that clubs pay the police to keep order and the police then decide that they're not actually going to carry out their duties.I hope that we are one of the few countries in the world where when a crime is taking place the police,instead of stopping it,make a movie of it-Oscar category Best Foreign Film?

matty_f
10-12-2013, 06:58 PM
It's an interesting state of affairs that clubs pay the police to keep order and the police then decide that they're not actually going to carry out their duties.I hope that we are one of the few countries in the world where when a crime is taking place the police,instead of stopping it,make a movie of it-Oscar category Best Foreign Film?

That's harsh, I think the police made a sensible call on it. As it was we are talking about seats being broken, rather than people.

Aldo
10-12-2013, 07:29 PM

As it has already been mentioned why cause a riot. The seats can get fixed at the cost of the clubs whose fans wrecked them.

This way no one gets hurt.

Question for you ancient

Would you go in about that lot and try and arrest/detain a group of those responsible. Bearing in mind some would of been in the beer most of the day.

Don't think so.

No one in their right mind (unless someone was being attacked or injured) would go in about that lot and risk injury for a few damaged seats.

Ronniekirk
10-12-2013, 07:45 PM
:greengrin

Spot on. They seem very fond of evoking the language of the Troubles.
Yes it was only a matter of time before trouble FLARED up But the Sands of Time have finally caught up with them and Bobby was no where to be seen. Clampdown was inevitable after that as it Tarnishes the name of Football but Celtic football club have Flirted with this issue for ages and must accept partial blame for courting and pandering to them in the first place

Carheenlea
10-12-2013, 09:55 PM
It was interesting to listen to a caller from Belfast on a phone-in on Radio Scotland this morning on this subject. He was surprised that The Green Brigade had not taken the message from when they played Cliftonville in Belfast back in August they were told in no uncertain terms that many of their banners and songs would be unacceptable there in 2013, and this from a club who`s support traditionally would follow Celtic keenly as well.

Also, some good comment from Irishman Tom English on The Green Brigade, taken from his column in Sundays SoS - " A section of the Celtic support now think they are above the club, that normal behaviour rules don`t apply to them because they are the mighty Green Brigade, protector of the match-day atmosphere at Celtic Park and defenders of their Irish identity, which in song and in their visual displays, they seem to see as beginning and ending with war - or terrorism. These Bhoys should take a trip to Ireland sometime. They`ll find that there is just a little bit more to the place than singing songs about Bobby Sands. When displays of republicanism are the sole manifestation of your Irish heritage, as it seems to be with these fans, then it betrays a desprately grim and narrow view of what it is to be Irish. Quite frankly, if it wasn`t so pathetic it would be laughable."

Jonnyboy
10-12-2013, 09:58 PM

Sorry auld yin (you've no idea how much I enjoy using those words :greengrin) but I think they got it spot on (the police not those nutters of the Green Brigade). Non intervention avoided the possibility of violence and since the match the police have used their data to set about arresting the individuals concerned. Sensible approach IMO

weecounty hibby
10-12-2013, 10:42 PM
It was interesting to listen to a caller from Belfast on a phone-in on Radio Scotland this morning on this subject. He was surprised that The Green Brigade had not taken the message from when they played Cliftonville in Belfast back in August they were told in no uncertain terms that many of their banners and songs would be unacceptable there in 2013, and this from a club who`s support traditionally would follow Celtic keenly as well.

Also, some good comment from Irishman Tom English on The Green Brigade, taken from his column in Sundays SoS - " A section of the Celtic support now think they are above the club, that normal behaviour rules don`t apply to them because they are the mighty Green Brigade, protector of the match-day atmosphere at Celtic Park and defenders of their Irish identity, which in song and in their visual displays, they seem to see as beginning and ending with war - or terrorism. These Bhoys should take a trip to Ireland sometime. They`ll find that there is just a little bit more to the place than singing songs about Bobby Sands. When displays of republicanism are the sole manifestation of your Irish heritage, as it seems to be with these fans, then it betrays a desprately grim and narrow view of what it is to be Irish. Quite frankly, if it wasn`t so pathetic it would be laughable."
Spot on from Tom English. Unfortunately I would change the word pathetic to dangerous in his final sentance. It is easy for these people within the GB to use support for terrorists and their republican politics in football stadiums in Scotland. I work beside a Celtic fan who is originally from NI and he hates all that **** as he says 99% of the people singing these songs and glorifying the troubles don't have to live there and haven't seen it first hand and lived it on a daily basis. They are a dangerous bunch and god knows what will happen when the OF meet again in a competitive match. Green Brigade v The Union Bears!! X rated viewing at best, riot and possible bloodbath at worst. Both clubs should be trying to stamp that nonsense out and it looks like Celtic at least are willing to start

alnewhaven
11-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Heard from a colleague that a couple of guys he knows got letters from Celtc re their attendance at the Motherwell game. Thing is they couldn't sit in the seats allocated as the green brigade had already taken the area over.

Sir David Gray
11-12-2013, 12:32 AM
[/B]
[/U]Spot on from Tom English. Unfortunately I would change the word pathetic to dangerous in his final sentance. It is easy for these people within the GB to use support for terrorists and their republican politics in football stadiums in Scotland. I work beside a Celtic fan who is originally from NI and he hates all that **** as he says 99% of the people singing these songs and glorifying the troubles don't have to live there and haven't seen it first hand and lived it on a daily basis. They are a dangerous bunch and god knows what will happen when the OF meet again in a competitive match. Green Brigade v The Union Bears!! X rated viewing at best, riot and possible bloodbath at worst. Both clubs should be trying to stamp that nonsense out and it looks like Celtic at least are willing to start

Celtic have no intention of stamping out any of the songs that you hear from the Green Brigade, or any of their other fans for that matter.

They are only acting now because their fans are now causing criminal damage during matches and throwing smoke bombs and flares etc. They are quite happy to see the IRA stuff continue, even if they do say otherwise.

It's too lucrative to them. Sevco is the same.

Bishop Hibee
11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
I've heard conflicting reports from two Celtc fans. First one ST holder who goes to most away games and is in Barca but couldn't make Friday night's game. He's 100% behind what the club has done and says the goose was cooked after the banner at the Ajax game. The other, an ST holder who was at Fir Park at the front of the upper tier who says the place was chaos with the stewards basically letting anyone sit anywhere and all the neds piling into the one area whether Green Brigade members or not. She also claimed. and I've no reason to believe she's lying, that Celtc fans were pelted with bottles etc as they went down the lane as you leave the stand.

Celtc board had to take the stance they did although it's sad that the reaction from the Daily ****** etc means safe standing areas look a million miles away now regardless of the fact they are perfectly safe if managed properly.

neilmartinrocks
11-12-2013, 12:42 AM
[/B]
[/U]Spot on from Tom English. Unfortunately I would change the word pathetic to dangerous in his final sentance. It is easy for these people within the GB to use support for terrorists and their republican politics in football stadiums in Scotland. I work beside a Celtic fan who is originally from NI and he hates all that **** as he says 99% of the people singing these songs and glorifying the troubles don't have to live there and haven't seen it first hand and lived it on a daily basis. They are a dangerous bunch and god knows what will happen when the OF meet again in a competitive match. Green Brigade v The Union Bears!! X rated viewing at best, riot and possible bloodbath at worst. Both clubs should be trying to stamp that nonsense out and it looks like Celtic at least are willing to start

I can mind a few years back me and a few friends went on a fishing trip to Ireland. 3 days in the counties and then the rest in the republic.
While in a pub in Derry I was pulled up by a couple of older guys about my top barely visable under my jersey and was asked if it was a Celtic strip.
After showing them it was a Hibs top ( the black away chatty ) all was well as it seems they don't like Scottish Celtic fans due to the bother they cause when they are there. And it was a nationalist area as well.

Chuck Rhoades
11-12-2013, 06:37 AM
I've heard conflicting reports from two Celtc fans. First one ST holder who goes to most away games and is in Barca but couldn't make Friday night's game. He's 100% behind what the club has done and says the goose was cooked after the banner at the Ajax game. The other, an ST holder who was at Fir Park at the front of the upper tier who says the place was chaos with the stewards basically letting anyone sit anywhere and all the neds piling into the one area whether Green Brigade members or not. She also claimed. and I've no reason to believe she's lying, that Celtc fans were pelted with bottles etc as they went down the lane as you leave the stand.

Celtc board had to take the stance they did although it's sad that the reaction from the Daily ****** etc means safe standing areas look a million miles away now regardless of the fact they are perfectly safe if managed properly.

Large group of Motherwell fans attacked some Celtic on the way out at the bottom of the hill. Bottles, metal bars the lot. No mention of it anywhere.

marinello59
11-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Large group of Motherwell fans attacked some Celtic on the way out at the bottom of the hill. Bottles, metal bars the lot. No mention of it anywhere.

Given the Celtic fans capacity to bleat about their constant victimisation and the fact that despite their adopted rebel persona they are an Establishment club that is very surprising. Especially as their usual tactic is to justify all their bad behaviour by deflecting the blame on to others.

marinello59
11-12-2013, 07:04 AM

You are right about safe standing areas now being further away. The authorities were coming on board with them. You are wrong to blame the press though. Blame those who want to cause trouble at games. They are the ones that **** it up for the majority.

Brizo
11-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Those of us who went to games 70s and 80s will remember the polis wading into the terracings to pull out troublemakers in an all standing, drink fuelled and much more violent atmosphere than today. 21st century fitba policing seems to me to be to let the trouble run its course and then do the physical policing retrospectively via CCTV. While I can understand the tactical reasons for this, id guess if folk are intent on misbehaving many will take the gamble that the CCTV wont pick them up. That doesnt help any innocent folk caught up in the trouble at the time its taking place.

The GB are stuck in a 1970s timewarp and neddery dressed up in pseudo political mumbo jumbo is still neddery. Celtc should have dealt with them ages ago but as always they have been too slow to deal with an element who are summed up perfectly in Tom Englishs excellent article.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Heard from a colleague that a couple of guys he knows got letters from Celtc re their attendance at the Motherwell game. Thing is they couldn't sit in the seats allocated as the green brigade had already taken the area over.

Ouch - got to feel for this guy.

Hopefully CCTV can clear this situation up

Just Alf
11-12-2013, 08:49 AM

Just been told that this morning as well... Apparently the GB guys put some "toughs" around "their area" and only let in their guys regardless of the ticket allocation... Mate says it's like they want to act all paramilitary and he's seen a few guys getting sore faces for insisting in sitting in the seats they've paid for in recent months. Funnily enough he goes to a lot less away games just now.

Saorsa
11-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Just been told that this morning as well... Apparently the GB guys put some "toughs" around "their area" and only let in their guys regardless of the ticket allocation... Mate says it's like they want to act all paramilitary and he's seen a few guys getting sore faces for insisting in sitting in the seats they've paid for in recent months. Funnily enough he goes to a lot less away games just now.But, but, but...... it wisnae our members involved said a spokesman for the green brigade. :hilarious

Deansy
11-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Celtic have no intention of stamping out any of the songs that you hear from the Green Brigade, or any of their other fans for that matter.

They are only acting now because their fans are now causing criminal damage during matches and throwing smoke bombs and flares etc. They are quite happy to see the IRA stuff continue, even if they do say otherwise.

It's too lucrative to them. Sevco is the same.

Nails it !!

frazeHFC
11-12-2013, 10:41 AM
She also claimed. and I've no reason to believe she's lying, that Celtc fans were pelted with bottles etc as they went down the lane as you leave the stand

Definitely not lying anyway, got text the same from a Celtic fan who was there and wouldn't lie. In my opinion waiting to launch a bottle at someone or bat them over the head with a pole is a lot worse than breaking a few seats and setting off a flare, but as mentioned above not seen that mentioned anywhere in the papers.

silverhibee
11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Still nothing in the papers about the celtc/GB fans pelting the stewards and police with coins and other items as they stood pitchside, one of these item was a disco ball, how do they get that in to the ground, also a spokesman for Motherwell said that they were puzzled as to where the metal fittings for the seats had disappeared too as they were not inside the ground, would suggest that the celtc fans were tooled up for leaving the ground.

essexhibee
11-12-2013, 01:48 PM
About time! How they got away with numerous politically motivated banners etc for so long was a farce!

Cannot believe the police and stewards just stood there doing nothing at the front rows which were smashed up. Must have been right in front of them!

edinburghhibee
11-12-2013, 03:54 PM
According to a couple of guys I know close to the club the Celtc board are sick of the GB and have been waiting for this sort of event to happen so they can close the section they sit in.

The guy who I know told me that the GB believe they are bigger than the club and have too much of a say in things off the pitch. Most of there own fans hate them I believe.

yeezus.
11-12-2013, 04:43 PM

Yeah apparently the Green Brigade were intimidating people out of their seats - including parents with kids. Glad to see Septic have taken some action.

ancient hibee
11-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry auld yin (you've no idea how much I enjoy using those words :greengrin) but I think they got it spot on (the police not those nutters of the Green Brigade). Non intervention avoided the possibility of violence and since the match the police have used their data to set about arresting the individuals concerned. Sensible approach IMO

The point is that the police are there to keep order and the clubs have to pay a substantial fee to have them there.What is the point if they don't keep order.Some of them should have been in the back of the stand in the first place.I don't believe it's about arresting people-it should be about stopping it before it starts-prevention better than cure(as my old mum-100 and still going strong says)

Someone asked if I would like to have to go in among them and sort it out-well it's not my job i sit-but it is the police's job to stop misbehaviour -if they don't fancy doing it then they're in the wrong job.

Chuck Rhoades
11-12-2013, 06:30 PM
According to a couple of guys I know close to the club the Celtc board are sick of the GB and have been waiting for this sort of event to happen so they can close the section they sit in.

The guy who I know told me that the GB believe they are bigger than the club and have too much of a say in things off the pitch. Most of there own fans hate them I believe.

Lawell was in record saying before that he would "give them enough rope to hang themselves".

It appears that's exactly what's happened.

edinburghhibee
11-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Lawell was in record saying before that he would "give them enough rope to hang themselves".

It appears that's exactly what's happened.

Sounds about right Ross

Chuck Rhoades
11-12-2013, 09:17 PM
GB members and others in section 111 kept outside the Nou Camp tonight by police. Then escorted into an entirely different section away from the rest of the Celtic support.

Ronniekirk
11-12-2013, 09:35 PM

They might have shut out the green brigade as thread title says BUT they couldn't Shut Out Barca:not worth

Jack
11-12-2013, 10:09 PM
They might have shut out the green brigade as thread title says BUT they couldn't Shut Out Barca:not worth

Yes, there have been a number of out lying results this season. Hibs as usual lead and the rest of Scotland follows.

It would have been nice not to in this case :'-(

CRAZYHIBBY
13-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Upload you photos of the best fans in the world

Ronniekirk
13-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Are they no extras from that Zombie film that was shot in Glasgow starring Brad Pitt

macca70
13-12-2013, 07:30 PM
http://youtu.be/wifVuCYpdME

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25373147

Celtic have been fined £42,000 (50,000 euro) by Uefa for "illicit" banners at the home defeat by AC Milan.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2013, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRbpuWHPDmE

If anyone thinks celtic are any better than sevco, just watch that video.

Onion
13-12-2013, 07:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25373147

Celtic have been fined £42,000 (50,000 euro) by Uefa for "illicit" banners at the home defeat by AC Milan.

And for some unknown reason, the BBC News have shown extensive footage of the banners at least 3 times today. If you could buy ad space on the BBC that would cost you a fortune. Feel like writing to Points of View to ask them why they think it was important to actually show the "illicit" banners ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-12-2013, 08:17 PM
'Tandoori Tony' is a Celtic fan.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJYaBvSeokU#

Carheenlea
13-12-2013, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksRMKsdF2do

One Day
13-12-2013, 08:57 PM
is it even possible to make the Asbestos Arena look even worse than it presently does :dunno: would any damage have even been noticed ?

A bomb dropping on tynecastle would only cause improvement

Hibernia Na Eir
13-12-2013, 09:04 PM
hibs ccs ccs yl l

Jack
13-12-2013, 09:18 PM
And for some unknown reason, the BBC News have shown extensive footage of the banners at least 3 times today. If you could buy ad space on the BBC that would cost you a fortune. Feel like writing to Points of View to ask them why they think it was important to actually show the "illicit" banners ?

Why shouldn't they?

sadtom
13-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Why the hell have EUFA/FIFA done sweet FA over numerous clubs who fly a variety of banners with fascist/nazi emblems. Swastikas, 'sunwheels', lightning flashes etc all over (particularly mainland europe? Some have done it for decades and continue to do it with impunity. Often accompanied with racist chants and fascist salutes.
Also we see regular pitch invasions, flares and fireworks galore and extensive violence in and around the grounds yet nowt is ever done about it
Yet one or two poxy banners and a handful of flares in our games and its like the crime of the century.
Clubs in these islands appear to be the only ones who adhere to the rules or have them applied.
Its a bag o $heite.

matty_f
13-12-2013, 10:00 PM
hibs ccs ccs yl l

Good point, well made.

weonlywon6-2
13-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Why the hell have EUFA/FIFA done sweet FA over numerous clubs who fly a variety of banners with fascist/nazi emblems. Swastikas, 'sunwheels', lightning flashes etc all over (particularly mainland europe? Some have done it for decades and continue to do it with impunity. Often accompanied with racist chants and fascist salutes.
Also we see regular pitch invasions, flares and fireworks galore and extensive violence in and around the grounds yet nowt is ever done about it
Yet one or two poxy banners and a handful of flares in our games and its like the crime of the century.
Clubs in these islands appear to be the only ones who adhere to the rules or have them applied.
Its a bag o $heite.

Very good point and im guessing celtic are asking the same queation

LancashireHibby
14-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Clubs on the continent are routinely fined, but it's only a pittance compared to risking alienating their main core support.

macca70
14-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Why shouldn't they?

Because its a political message and has no place at a football match, TV or media shouldn't give it any publicity, by giving the message the publicity they are will only encourage future messages as its the cheap way to get your message broadcast on a platform being viewed by Millions.

Diclonius
14-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Clubs on the continent are routinely fined, but it's only a pittance compared to risking alienating their main core support.

If the core support are like the points listed above then UEFA should be forcing them into the following - either shut the **** up and behave or enjoy watching your team fighting relegation and being immediately banned from all cup competitions on the continent seeing as you clearly aren't grown up enough to participate in them.

Bigotry/racist chanting/pitch invasions/whatever in European competitions should first be a warning/stadium closure. If they do it again, they're expelled from that year's competition and the next.

As for domestically, three points deducted for every time an incident occurs, automatic relegation if it happens a set number of times per season (i.e. three or five). A whole load of Rangers fans would either shut the **** up or not attend games if they knew they'd be going back down as quickly as they came back up if they tried any of their *****.

Too many people - here and on the continent - think they can turn up at the football and do whatever they want. They only think that way because the authorities let them.

Ronniekirk
14-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Because its a political message and has no place at a football match, TV or media shouldn't give it any publicity, by giving the message the publicity they are will only encourage future messages as its the cheap way to get your message broadcast on a platform being viewed by Millions.
Will be interesting today what atmosphere is like if any banners appear anti the board and what songs are sung and if whole stadium gets behind it Could be interesting side show especially if we can contain the team and they don't score early

green&left
14-12-2013, 10:01 AM

That needs to be consistant across the board though. How on one hand can clubs have soldiers marching up and down pitches, poppys on jerseys, minutes silences for political figures etc, all of which are political, but on the other hand tell fans to leave politics at the turnstile?

And uefa can f*** off with their fines, Celtic get 50k fine for Bobby Sands banners, yet Lazio get a 32k fine for 90 minutes of monkey noises at Spurs last year. Ajax got fined 8.5k for their fenian *******s banner but also fined the same for their "against modern football" banners against Man City (Clicky (http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2013/1/18/1358516098018/Ajax-fans-show-the-banner-008.jpg))? While Porto and the Spanish FA both got 17k fines for racially abusing Balotelli..?

Regards to pyro, no secret that clubs and their fans/ultras in the continent have agreements in place, particular for Uefa matches, i.e flares/smoke bombs only in certain areas, at certain times, none to be thrown etc. Fans know that if a flare is thrown on the pitch, or at opposing fans or set of during the game theres an automatic fine for the club, hence you'll see most pyrotechnic shows for uefa matches will take place 5 mins before the fans enter the field of play... There's obviously dialogue between the supporters and clubs. Here though we'll just threaten to jail folk, then jail folk, which is currently proving to solve sweet f*** all.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-12-2013, 10:47 AM

easily pass as jumbos.

Jack
14-12-2013, 11:12 AM

I get you're point, and agree to a extent, but are the news channel not there to report it as it is? (a fine sentiment)

I know they don't show blood or dead bodies on the news in this country but how far is that going down the line towards censorship and who decides where that line is? The football authorities? The TV companies (together/individually)? The government?

Callum_62
14-12-2013, 03:50 PM
From what im seeing - 15-20,000?

Glory Lurker
14-12-2013, 03:53 PM
But surely they are Celtc supporters, faithful through and through?

essexhibee
14-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Crowd looks awful.

Gus Fring
14-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I'd be very surprised if it's half full

Onion
14-12-2013, 03:56 PM
From what im seeing - 15-20,000?

Irish Sea a bit too choppy :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
14-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Far too wet for them...

Might get a bit of a wash

WindyMiller
14-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Crowd looks awful.

Look on the bright side, at least there's not as many as usual.

:wink:

GreenCastle
14-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Looked terrible and surely one of the lowest of the season from them!

11,950 at the PBS - surprised if it was that many and still a long way from a sell out!

WindyMiller
14-12-2013, 05:08 PM

11,950 at the PBS - surprised if it was that many and still a long way from a sell out!

That will include all 10k S.T.'s!

Glory Lurker
14-12-2013, 05:10 PM

:agree: Hearts' lowest SPFL attendance, and third drop in a row. At this rate they'll be under 10,000 by mid-January, which would be a terrible shame :boo hoo:

Hibs Class
14-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Less than half full, I'd say. At least one area blocked off and every other that I could see had more empty seats than people.

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Att: 46,065 apparently

Barney McGrew
14-12-2013, 05:16 PM

:fibber:

God Petrie
14-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Rank support from the lessers. Hibs end was the only area that was over 50% full.

Gus Fring
14-12-2013, 05:17 PM
That will include all 10k S.T.'s!

:agree: It does.

GreenCastle
14-12-2013, 05:26 PM

Never....

They must count ST also ?

Keith_M
14-12-2013, 05:30 PM
If any of the Hibs attendees took photos, it would be interesting if they posted them on here, to get a more accurate idea of the crowd than the 'official' attendance.

Gus Fring
14-12-2013, 05:34 PM
A few pictures from people inside Celtic Park today

adhibs
14-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Haha looked more like 15, 000 to me. From what I seen on tv anyway, sure people there could give a better judgment

Barney McGrew
14-12-2013, 05:35 PM

Glory Lurker
14-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Going by the photos, the queues for the bogs and the pies must have been brutal!

nonshinyfinish
14-12-2013, 05:39 PM

:faf:

Lucky if it was half that.

At least when Hertz make up an attendance, it's halfway plausible.

NAE NOOKIE
14-12-2013, 06:29 PM
No reason to get exited by this.

About 100 or so were banned.
Many ferries from Ireland would be cancelled.
The winter fuel payments will be out by now so Christmas shopping time.
Being top of the league is worthless without The Rangers.
A humping in midweek. Losing to a club with 10 times the budget of yours is hard to take ... Its no fair :dummytit:

But heres the real reason:

A league totally dominated by two clubs is a bore for everybody apart from the two clubs involved ... A league totally dominated by one club is a disaster. The Thiellic will never be allowed into the EPL. The biggest joke there is the sizeable chunk of the their support who's actions are making it more and more unlikely that the EPL would ever allow them in. For any current buns being smug about that one .......... Manchester.

As the years go on their 'fans' will get more and more bored winning the league every year. But its not worth spending the millions required to make the latter stages of the Chumpions League when you can easily service the bread and butter stuff for a hell of a lot less.

The other 11 SP clubs will probably not lose any more fans than they have already because they have never had any prospect of winning the league. But for the lesser Greens the annual fight with The Rangers is what keeps folk coming and makes it interesting for their fans. Without that whats the point.

It seems to me that as the years go on the 60,000 capacity Parkhead is going to look more and more like a massive white Elephant as the self styled greatest fans in the world start to drift away.

Biggie
14-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Greatest fans in the world ?...my arse, they disappear faster than snow off a dyke, after a couple of disappointing results....the fact is the Celtc couldn't handle competition that they supposedly crave for......they're so used to winning....it's pathetic.

God Petrie
14-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I was intrigued with the banner at Parkhead today which contained the above "motto". I almost thought it was an excellent parody given it's dripping with subtle irony.

Given they are obviously trying to draw parallels to Barcelona (who pumped them 6-1 midweek) with a poor *******isation of the "mes que un club" slogan of a genuinely unique club, I don't see how they can consider themselves "like no other".

An added bonus is they were playing the club which they were literally based on. If you were formed due to wanting to imitate the club you are playing, a banner saying "a club like no other" is maybe a touch ignorant and crude.

To be fair it could be due to their overly sentimental renditions of "You'll never walk alone". I can't think of any other clubs who do that.

They only other thing I can think of is they are a unique club in that their relative success is due to a bizarre commercialisation of Glaswegian bigotry. Unfortunately though, a wee team in blue can also claim that trait.

Jones28
14-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Celtic fans are like Americans - irony is totally wasted on them.

rcarter1
14-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Celtic fans are like Americans - irony is totally wasted on them.

:tee hee:

Islington Hibs
14-12-2013, 07:23 PM
No reason to get exited by this.

About 100 or so were banned.
Many ferries from Ireland would be cancelled.
The winter fuel payments will be out by now so Christmas shopping time.
Being top of the league is worthless without The Rangers.
A humping in midweek. Losing to a club with 10 times the budget of yours is hard to take ... Its no fair :dummytit:

But heres the real reason:

A league totally dominated by two clubs is a bore for everybody apart from the two clubs involved ... A league totally dominated by one club is a disaster. The Thiellic will never be allowed into the EPL. The biggest joke there is the sizeable chunk of the their support who's actions are making it more and more unlikely that the EPL would ever allow them in. For any current buns being smug about that one .......... Manchester.

As the years go on their 'fans' will get more and more bored winning the league every year. But its not worth spending the millions required to make the latter stages of the Chumpions League when you can easily service the bread and butter stuff for a hell of a lot less.

The other 11 SP clubs will probably not lose any more fans than they have already because they have never had any prospect of winning the league. But for the lesser Greens the annual fight with The Rangers is what keeps folk coming and makes it interesting for their fans. Without that whats the point.

It seems to me that as the years go on the 60,000 capacity Parkhead is going to look more and more like a massive white Elephant as the self styled greatest fans in the world start to drift away.

Spot on. There is no way the EPL will take then. So if we had balls all clubs in Scotland would resign the league leaving Celtic and Rangers to play each other each week which even they would get bored of sooner or later. Then we would have really competitive league with around 6 or 7 clubs genuinely capable of winning it! Sure TV interest might drop but I suspect crowds and might be a lot higher than expected and to be honest money for the SPL is so much lower than the EPL the gap couldn't really get much wider anyway. They haven't the balls to do it but they should.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Celtic: A club like no other

Yes indeed.

The only club that is similar is the team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers.

Baader
14-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Every club thinks they're special. Celtic can't seem to come to terms with the fact they are an irrelevance outside of Scotland.

BurghHibby
14-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Celtic - a club with no original thought!
:na na:

greenginger
14-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Crowd today 20,000 absolute maximum. Celtic include all season ticket holders in their attendance figure whether they attended or not. :confused:

They even included the hundred odd Green Brigade that they banned from attending. :confused:

Winston Ingram
14-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Crowd today 20,000 absolute maximum. Celtic include all season ticket holders in their attendance figure whether they attended or not. :confused:

They even included the hundred odd Green Brigade that they banned from attending. :confused:

Everyone could have fitted into ER easily

pedroorange1875
14-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Sat in hospitality today at the game and sitting amongst those cretins thank god there is no other club like them. At most 20K there and nearer then end when we were definitely on top there was about 10K. Greatest support in the world were like morgue dwellers. And they have really bought into this Lennon idea that they are pushed about unfairly. Utter cretins the lot of them

BH Hibs
14-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Can't think of another club that have thieved their history, songs and even their strips from others

Gatecrasher
14-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Celtic: A club like one other

Crab apple
14-12-2013, 10:16 PM
I was intrigued with the banner at Parkhead today which contained the above "motto". I almost thought it was an excellent parody given it's dripping with subtle irony.

Given they are obviously trying to draw parallels to Barcelona (who pumped them 6-1 midweek) with a poor *******isation of the "mes que un club" slogan of a genuinely unique club, I don't see how they can consider themselves "like no other".

An added bonus is they were playing the club which they were literally based on. If you were formed due to wanting to imitate the club you are playing, a banner saying "a club like no other" is maybe a touch ignorant and crude.

To be fair it could be due to their overly sentimental renditions of "You'll never walk alone". I can't think of any other clubs who do that.

They only other thing I can think of is they are a unique club in that their relative success is due to a bizarre commercialisation of Glaswegian bigotry. Unfortunately though, a wee team in blue can also claim that trait.

Best fans in the world my arse. Witnessed a bit of boxing on London Road after the game started by the self proclaimed best fans in the world. Inside the ground the Celtic sections were like a library.

Glory Lurker
15-12-2013, 12:40 AM
If it winds up the OF fans, frankly I don't care what we sing. We're above their garbage. Suggesting that we can't wind up one side of the botty cheek with a song from the other side just sooks us in to their warped view of reality. A plague on both your houses.

.Sean.
15-12-2013, 12:51 AM
You're lucky if there was 20,000 there.

Sunday papers: Att. - 49544

neilmartinrocks
15-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Best fans in the world my arse. Witnessed a bit of boxing on London Road after the game started by the self proclaimed best fans in the world. Inside the ground the Celtic sections were like a library.

Best Christmas shoppers in the world today it would seem :greengrin