PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think we will sign in January?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Bit premature for this kind of thread i suppose, but more to talk about i guess! So, who do you think we'll sign/who who would you like us to sign? (Realistic) :greengrin

Oh, and will anyone leave?

SteveHFC
09-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Nick Ross on a pre-contract :greengrin

frazeHFC
09-12-2013, 12:41 AM
There's players i'd like to see come, but whether or not we could afford them that's another matter. Hoping TB can do what he's done at Inverness and find talent down South that can rise to the challenge, ie he got Mackay from Northampton.

hibees 7062
09-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Billy McKay :agree:

Heisenberg
09-12-2013, 01:08 AM
I think we'll sign some players we've never heard of before. We might try and offer a contract or two out to ICT players that can speak to us but I can't see there being any chance of us signing their players still on longer contracts.

hibees 7062
09-12-2013, 01:11 AM
I think we'll sign some players we've never heard of before. We might try and offer a contract or two out to ICT players that can speak to us but I can't see there being any chance of us signing their players still on longer contracts.

Yogi might not like them though mate :dunno:

SteveHFC
09-12-2013, 01:14 AM
[/B]Yogi might not like them though mate :dunno:

:greengrin

hibees 7062
09-12-2013, 01:27 AM
We could buy McKay and he could use the money for Smith , Hogg , Thicot , Miller, Mcbride , Nish and Benji

Bad Habits
09-12-2013, 01:47 AM
I seem to remember an interview with Steve Marsella where he said they were given a very tight budget, so he had to scrape around the conference etc. and he then mentioned there was more scope for him to look at players with a bit more of a price tag. the good thing that I see is there are probably a lot of players he has been scouting/scouted for Inverness that they maybe couldn't match their wage demands that we could now at hibs, just a thought :dunno:

in terms of who they might be, I can see us turning into a bit of a Peterborough. buying players like Dwight Gayle from Dagenham and Redbridge, watching him play well for a year and then selling them on for a lot of profit. who knows, then we might be able to get the corners of the stadium filled in. :na na:

SteveHFC
09-12-2013, 01:59 AM
We could buy McKay and he could use the money for Smith , Hogg , Thicot , Miller, Mcbride , Nish and Benji

De Graaf? :greengrin

GreenLake
09-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Wilfred Zaha and Darren Fletcher on loan.

jeffers
09-12-2013, 05:12 AM
Kenny Miller & a couple of overlapping fullbacks.

DAVE1875
09-12-2013, 05:21 AM
Some un-heard-of players including a right winger who can burn past opposition before always picking out Collins or some other tall player of ours with an expert cross.

And a striker who doesn't need to be 3 yards from goal before shooting and actually has a decent shot on him (anyone else think Marc McNulty of Livi might be a worthwhile target?)

After that.... if we can find one; a RB that is similar to when Steven Whittaker was at him very best for us. And one or two other players, maybe a CB on loan to cover for McPake.

California-Hibs
09-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Hopefully money will be made available, that's my only concern...

spike220
09-12-2013, 05:55 AM
I seem to remember an interview with Steve Marsella where he said they were given a very tight budget, so he had to scrape around the conference etc. and he then mentioned there was more scope for him to look at players with a bit more of a price tag. the good thing that I see is there are probably a lot of players he has been scouting/scouted for Inverness that they maybe couldn't match their wage demands that we could now at hibs, just a thought :dunno:

in terms of who they might be, I can see us turning into a bit of a Peterborough. buying players like Dwight Gayle from Dagenham and Redbridge, watching him play well for a year and then selling them on for a lot of profit. who knows, then we might be able to get the corners of the stadium filled in. :na na: is that you Rod?

spike220
09-12-2013, 05:56 AM
Hopefully money will be made available, that's my only concern... Is that you Terry?

GreenLake
09-12-2013, 06:00 AM
Is that you Terry?

Is that you Tom?

cocopops1875
09-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Young McNulty at Livvy

Hibbyradge
09-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Hopefully money will be made available, that's my only concern...

Money has always been made available.

My concern is that there may be no suitable players available at a price we can afford.

3pm
09-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Someone who isn't afraid to play at Easter Road.

yekimevol
09-12-2013, 08:41 AM

in terms of who they might be, I can see us turning into a bit of a Peterborough. buying players like Dwight Gayle from Dagenham and Redbridge, watching him play well for a year and then selling them on for a lot of profit. who knows, then we might be able to get the corners of the stadium filled in. :na na:

When he was talking about the budgets, I thought he was talking about his time at ICT ??

Ronniekirk
09-12-2013, 09:08 AM
:not worth
Someone who isn't afraid to play at Easter Road.:not worth
Agree what is it that is so Intimidating about playing at home .Frightened to look at our record over past three years but it must be one of the worst for home wins ,

matty_f
09-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Is that you Tom?

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

keep the faith
09-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Kenny Miller is a must. Higginbotham from Partick and at least another full back (we cant go on with mcgiverns woeful distribution) would be perfect.

The Gorf
09-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Money has always been made available.

My concern is that there may be no suitable players available at a price we can afford.

Correct. While money's always been available it's never been enough. Maybe Tel has the kahoonies to fight Rod for more. I think he'll probably be better at " negotiating" with Rod than his predecessors.

matty_f
09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Wilfred Zaha and Darren Fletcher on loan.

:faf: Aye, I can see them being keen on 6 months in the spfl!

DAVE1875
09-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Correct. While money's always been available it's never been enough. Maybe Tel has the kahoonies to fight Rod for more. I think he'll probably be better at " negotiating" with Rod than his predecessors.

I find him more convincing than our last few managers. Also seems out most intimidating manager in a while

Bad Habits
09-12-2013, 10:24 AM
When he was talking about the budgets, I thought he was talking about his time at ICT ??

Yeah he was, should have probably mentioned that :agree:

Godsahibby
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Someone who isn't afraid to play at Easter Road.

Elton John never crumbled under the pressure!

Posh Swanny
09-12-2013, 10:41 AM
in terms of who they might be, I can see us turning into a bit of a Peterborough. buying players like Dwight Gayle from Dagenham and Redbridge, watching him play well for a year and then selling them on for a lot of profit.

It's a policy that works well but we normally have to stump up a fair wedge of cash with the initial purchase - they're rarely "cheap". CMS was £150k, McLean £150k, Tomlin £100k, Boyd £260k, Bennett £500k, Gayle £700k. Most of those went for many multiples of the initial fee though. Only Boyd went on a free but we got a couple of "loan fees" for him so still made a profit. Tomlin will be the last to go - probably to Celtic in January so you'll all get to marvel at how such a fat ******* can be so talented! Not sure who the next gem is - Assombalonga doesn't count as we paid £1.5m for him with the money we fleeced from Palace for Gayle!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mark79
09-12-2013, 10:41 AM

The pitch did though.

lapsedhibee
09-12-2013, 10:47 AM

It's a policy that works well but we normally have to stump up a fair wedge of cash with the initial purchase - they're rarely "cheap". CMS was £150k, McLean £150k, Tomlin £100k, Boyd £260k, Bennett £500k, Gayle £700k. Most of those went for many multiples of the initial fee though. Only Boyd went on a free but we got a couple of "loan fees" for him so still made a profit. Tomlin will be the last to go - probably to Celtic in January so you'll all get to marvel at how such a fat ******* can be so talented! Not sure who the next gem is - Assombalonga doesn't count as we paid £1.5m for him with the money we fleeced from Palace for Gayle!

We already did!

Piqué
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Heard that Malpas told Josh Meekings that he hopes to bring him here before he left Caley

hibees 7062
09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
De Graaf? :greengrin

Gow , Barr :greengrin

jacomo
09-12-2013, 01:26 PM

Watched Everton highlights last night, their fullbacks play like wingers but they have intelligent midfielders such as Barry who can cover for them when they bomb forward.

It would make all the difference to us if we had some genuine width.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Graeme Shinnie
Josh Meekings
Paul McGowan

inglisavhibs
09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Bit premature for this kind of thread i suppose, but more to talk about i guess! So, who do you think we'll sign/who who would you like us to sign? (Realistic) :greengrin

Oh, and will anyone leave?
Allan Wells, George McNeil and Drew McMaster.

truehibernian
09-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Allan Wells, George McNeil and Drew McMaster.

One of the best after dinner speakers on the circuit - hugely entertaining man is George :agree:

GreenLake
09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
:faf: Aye, I can see them being keen on 6 months in the spfl!

If they had had the Internet back in 1979 and someone had put on a thread similar to this that George Best would be signed for Hibs, I would have laughed a lot harder!:greengrin

hungryhibs
09-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Young McNulty at Livvy

am told we where in for him at the start of the season but it never materialized

Hibdan12
09-12-2013, 06:15 PM

kenny miller would be amazing! but the main thing we need is pace!

Nevi_SOL
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
kenny miller would be amazing! but the main thing we need is pace!

I think Kenny has some pace doesn't he? Chases down everything and know where the net is sound like butchers ideal man with his work ethic and experience

Hibdan12
09-12-2013, 07:05 PM
I think Kenny has some pace doesn't he? Chases down everything and know where the net is sound like butchers ideal man with his work ethic and experience

no i know he does but i mean we pace in other areas in the team as we have none.

Nevi_SOL
09-12-2013, 07:09 PM
no i know he does but i mean we pace in other areas in the team as we have none. :aok:

Cletus
09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Adam Rooney :)

mutley
09-12-2013, 07:55 PM
It'll be interesting to see the pull of TB though, I'm sure he will have a lot more influence on players than what PF did. Rod's purse strings will take a pounding too !