PDA

View Full Version : Switch dugouts back to how they were a couple of years ago?

hibby6270
08-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Reading another thread on the Forum about playing down the slope in the second half of games made me think about this.
Not sure if it's ever been raised before but.................Get the home dugout back to where it belongs. :greengrin :aok:

Colin Calderwood changed them, Butcher should bring tradition back and return the home dugout to be on the home fans side of the pitch - i.e. - nearest to the FF stand.

Never understood why Calderwood changed them in the first place but 'tradition is tradition' and for the 50+ years I've been going to ER, the Hibs dugout/technical area has always been on the Hibs' fans side - the left hand side if you're looking at the East stand from the West stand side.

Does anyone else agree?

bigwheel
08-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Reading another thread on the Forum about playing down the slope in the second half of games made me think about this.
Not sure if it's ever been raised before but.................Get the home dugout back to where it belongs. :greengrin :aok:

Colin Calderwood changed them, Butcher should bring tradition back and return the home dugout to be on the home fans side of the pitch - i.e. - nearest to the FF stand.

Never understood why Calderwood changed them in the first place but 'tradition is tradition' and for the 50+ years I've been going to ER, the Hibs dugout/technical area has always been on the Hibs' fans side - the left hand side if you're looking at the East stand from the West stand side.

Does anyone else agree?

Was it not Yogi who changed them? I quite like how it is now as I don't sit far from the away dugout....good banter at times ....

mutley
08-12-2013, 11:24 PM
We got told during one of the stadium tours, the reason they swapped was due to where the 4th official sits ( seat attached to that side of the dug out)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Saorsa
08-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree :agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

hibbysam
08-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I could be wrong but didn't Mowbray sit where the dugouts are now? Remember aguiar scoring and celebrating with his bench at the FF side of the tunnel... Then yogi moved it to be next to the fourth official... Then calderwood changed it back to where it is now.. Maybe to be able to shout at the lino who is at that side? Sure that's how I see it anyways

JMac
08-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Who cares? I can't say I've even noticed... Tradition obviously does matter, but this is not a tradition. It's just pointless.

hibby6270
08-12-2013, 11:48 PM
I agree :agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Thanks DD :thumbsup:

hibby6270
08-12-2013, 11:54 PM
I could be wrong but didn't Mowbray sit where the dugouts are now? Remember aguiar scoring and celebrating with his bench at the FF side of the tunnel... Then yogi moved it to be next to the fourth official... Then calderwood changed it back to where it is now.. Maybe to be able to shout at the lino who is at that side? Sure that's how I see it anyways

Must admit - don't recall them being switched as frequently as that over the past 5 years or so. Just always thought it was one of many things CC did that didn't make sense or work in his favour.

PatHead
08-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Stops the opposition bench influencing the linesman by being in their current position.

hibby6270
08-12-2013, 11:59 PM
We got told during one of the stadium tours, the reason they swapped was due to where the 4th official sits ( seat attached to that side of the dug out)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Jings!! That's a revelation. :confused:
The 4th official sits down? Never seen that. They're forever pointing out that someone has stepped over the line of the technical area.:wink:
It's a reason but not a very good one imo.
Move them back to the way they were.

hibbysam
09-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Must admit - don't recall them being switched as frequently as that over the past 5 years or so. Just always thought it was one of many things CC did that didn't make sense or work in his favour.

I do know Mowbray sat where they are now... And I do know they were changed so that one of our managers could sit beside fourth official... So it must have been swapped back again for them to be where they are now.

Frazerbob
09-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Stops the opposition bench influencing the linesman by being in their current position.

This is the reason IIRC.

eastterrace
09-12-2013, 07:51 PM

yes your spot on mowbray did use it were its at now.

Jack
09-12-2013, 08:33 PM
I was just up from the away dugout on Saturday for a wee change (visiting from the East) and got myself a bit confused :-/

I thought it was Yogi that changed it so he could keep an eye on the opposition subs warming up.

tamig
09-12-2013, 09:01 PM
I was just up from the away dugout on Saturday for a wee change (visiting from the East) and got myself a bit confused :-/

I thought it was Yogi that changed it so he could keep an eye on the opposition subs warming up.

Yogi did change them and they were changed back after he left. He came up with some weird Yogi-ism as to why he changed them. I think most folk shrugged at the time but I can't remember what his reasoning was.

Gus Fring
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Yogi did change them and they were changed back after he left. He came up with some weird Yogi-ism as to why he changed them. I think most folk shrugged at the time but I can't remember what his reasoning was.

This is how I remember it. They were the current way when both Collins and Mixu were in charge because they used to sit on the wee fence that was beside the tunnel IIRC. Yogi changed them and their was rumours he was going to put some sort of exercize bike down in front of the FF to help with warm ups?

nonshinyfinish
09-12-2013, 09:56 PM
I think we should avoid confusing 'it was this way for a long time' with 'club tradition'.

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Some footballers aren't the brightest so a five word plaque for inside the tunnel might say "Turn right at the end"

3pm
09-12-2013, 10:22 PM
I prefer the TV cameras in the east. :agree:

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 10:27 PM
I prefer the TV cameras in the east. :agree:

Agreed. It's traditional :agree: