PDA

View Full Version : Do we make a lot of team changes for the Celtic game?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Thoughts?

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Why would we?

Personally only change I would make is Nelson for Forster

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Why would we?

Personally only change I would make is Nelson for Forster

What about Robertson for OTJ?

hibby rae
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM
I'd quite like to see a fit Thompson starting but I've got confidence in Terry to put out a team full of fight after assessing, from the week's sessions, who deserves a start.

B.H.F.C
08-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Robertson will come back in if fit. Wouldn't surprise me if Butcher just brought him in for Handling and went with the extra man in midfield.

Hibercelona
08-12-2013, 03:56 PM
We can't really afford to sit back against Celtic. When they're on form, there's just no defending against them.

However, their own defence is nothing to write home about and can buckle under pressure.

We should really be setting out to have a go.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
What about Robertson for OTJ?Yeah, probably that or Thomson for OTJ too.

TRC
08-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Williams

Maybury Nelson Hanlon. Mcgivern

Craig. Thomson. Robertson

handling Cairney

Collins

danhibees1875
08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon McGivern
Thomson
Cairney Craig Robertson Stevenson
Collins

:aok:

hibby rae
08-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon McGivern
Thomson
Cairney Craig Robertson Stevenson
Collins

:aok:

I'd go with that. That's a battling midfield. Did anyone notice yesterday when Lewy went into a 50/50 near the half way line? It was just before their boy got injured and they absolutely clattered each other, the noise it made was unreal. But Lewy just dusted himself off and got back into the game.

NAE NOOKIE
08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Send the first team sqaud to Spain for the weekend and stick the kids in against them.

After Lennon's thinly veiled threat after the ER game we should put out a statement saying we dont want to risk injury to our best players. As soon as the game kicks off any Hibs player challenged by one of them should fall down holding his face, knee, leg, back or whatever and roll around like hes been shot.

Our fans should take huge banners with political rubbish on them that has nothing to do with football, set off flares and smoke bombs and rip the seats up. After all, the celtic fans seem to think we have a connection as clubs .... lets pay tribute to that by being just like them.

:greengrin

SouthamptonHibs
08-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I've been giving it tight to my hearts mate about the seven zero last Sunday. Hopefully hibs get something from the game but Celtic are looking good just now, hopefully max defeat 3-0

erin go bragh
08-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon Mcgivern
--------------Jones --------------------
Robertson Thomson Craig Cairney
-----------------Collins-------------------

Ggtth

Topographic Hibby
08-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I'd "change" Williams for about 20 sq.metres of breeze blocks.

Celtic are scoring goals with gay abandon right now. If Motherwell can lose 5, then I fear for our back-line. I'd be delighted if my worst fears are unfounded.

Yes, I know, the glass is half-full, but.........

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-12-2013, 08:02 PM
GK Williams

RB Maybury
CB Forster
CB Hanlon
LB McGivern

Cairney
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Cummings
Collins

Gmack7
08-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Williams

Maybury Nelson Hanlon. Mcgivern

Craig. Thomson. Robertson

handling Cairney

Collins

looks good to me

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Nelson for Forster. Would be tempted to stick Forster at RB and drop AM but can't see that happening. Would drop Jones and Handling and bring in Robbo and KT. If KT doesn't start then I'm not sure what future he has with us. This is the sort of game that he should excel in. I'd sit him in front of the defence for protection

ancient hibee
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
The game will be too fast for Thomson and Cairney and will just pass them by.

B.H.F.C
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM

Like it did for Cairney at Parkhead last year when he nutmegged Adam Matthews before scoring?

Cairney hasn't been brilliant but yeaterday was his third competitive game in 6 months. He showed glimpses yesterday. We won't get much of the ball at Parkhead so we need players who might be able to do something when they do get it.

As for Thomson his best game al year was against Celtic earlier this season. He seemed to relish it. He won't play though.

hibbysam
08-12-2013, 10:19 PM
If you stop Celtic 20-30 yards from goal you pretty much nullify them... Eg game at Easter road... Two sitting midfielders to do just that.. Sit.. Don't move! Probably Thomson and OTJ for me... With either Craig or Robertson in front of them... And Cairney and Lewis on either side... Kick lumps out them all day.. They don't like it.. If your gonna stop then stop them on halfway... Make them lump balls at us as that is Nelson hanlon and mcgivern's bread and butter... Our performance at home against them is the perfect way to play against them... Oh and take any chance we may get from set plays... There defence and more importantly there keeper is honking at balls into the box!

bigwheel
08-12-2013, 10:25 PM
I think TB has. History of keeping his team fairly settled....Handling might drop out though, and I suspect Forster didn't do himself many favours either....

Sir David Gray
08-12-2013, 10:29 PM
We should play our strongest side against them.

Celtic are by far and away the best team in the country and will most likely beat us on Saturday but I don't see why we should be fearing a rout.

Although our goals for tally has been atrocious, we haven't really been conceding a lot of goals in games this season either. Also, a lot of hammerings that Celtic have been handing out to teams have been away from home and not at Parkhead.

In all competitions this season, they've scored three or more goals on 6 occasions away from home. In contrast, they've only scored three goals in a game on two occasions at home.

The form book and history tells you that we are looking at a probable defeat on Saturday but I don't think we ought to be going there in fear of a doing.

IberianHibernian
08-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Celtic have done well in their last 2 games but we have beaten them once and drawn twice in last year so with new but very experienced manager we will presumably be hoping for at least a draw .

Jones28
08-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't think the team will change.

Jim44
09-12-2013, 12:37 AM
We have absolutely nothing to lose against them and even a heavy defeat won't lose any ground to all the other SPFL clubs who are/will be in the same boat against them. I'd like to see Butcher trying something outside the box and see if we can't catch them unawares. They're bound to be full of themselvs just now and will expect every Scottish club to be bricking themselves at the prospect of playing them. I've no idea what TB might do to upset their confidence but I've a sneaking suspicion he'll have something up his sleave.

HibsNibs
09-12-2013, 08:45 AM
We should play our under 20s in a 4-6-0 and strangle the game to death. Games against the plastics don't matter; save our efforts for matches against our peers.

3pm
09-12-2013, 08:52 AM

It's a shame Butcher just pipped you to the manager's job.

chrisski33
09-12-2013, 08:56 AM
My heart is telling me that this is the perfect time to beat celtic as they will be expected to thump us but sadly my head says we will lose but hopefully by only 1 goal.

allezsauzee
09-12-2013, 12:28 PM

Thomson was the best player on the park when we drew with them at ER

allezsauzee
09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
I think the starting XI will be

Williams

Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Tudur Jones
Craig
Stevenson
Robertson
Cairney

Collins

Brightside
09-12-2013, 01:17 PM

Williams
Mayb Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Tawio Thomson

Cairney Roberston Craig

Cummings

The young lad has the bollix to have a crack at goal with even half chances.

B.H.F.C
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM

Williams
Mayb Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Tawio Thomson

Cairney Roberston Craig

Cummings

The young lad has the bollix to have a crack at goal with even half chances.

Absolutely no chance of Collins being dropped

TheFamous1875
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
3-5-2

Williams.

Forster. Nelson. Hanlon.

Cairney. Robertson. Thomson. Craig/OTJ. Stevenson.

Cummings. Collins.

Loose formation that can easily be changed back to 4-4-2, or any variation, Stevenson can go back t LB with Forster going out to RB, giving us more options for attacking in defending. Lots of height and strength in the back 3 with Nelson there.

Thomson (fitness pending) as he knows what it means to play against them at Parkhead, he proved that the last time we met at home. Robertson is box-to-box so he'd be suited to this formation also. Craig is captain, but he's not been at the races since, so he could potentially be disposed by Tudor Jones who could (hopefully) add some steal to the midfield 5.

Cairney can use his normal game, he's getting sharper and fitter every week and is a must for this match. He has creativity and a strong midfield 3 to cover his back, and will get back when needed to add pressure to the opposition.

Collins has worked tirelessly for the cause since TB came in and is there on merit. Handling/Cummings either or, Handling as he's trying to assert himself in the team just now, but Cummings because he has that quality, he'll relish the chance to shine t Parkhead and could come up with the goods against them.

All in all, this formation is a gamble, but sometimes gambles need to be taken. Celtic are on fire just now, and their dafty manager has a grudge against us, so let's see how it goes. They played 3-5-2 against Motherwell, and they had 5 in the box on every attack, and if we can manage the formation properly like they can, then I think we may have a chance of getting something.

Either this or 6-4-0 :greengrin:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD