PDA

View Full Version : The future's bright (if the kids Panto is anything to go by)

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Took my boy along to the Panto and would like to thank Sue McLernon and her team and the volunteers for putting on another special, entertaining day for the kids.

The place was packed out with kids so full marks for the parents supporting this great initiative from the club.

Craig, Tudor-Jones, Forster and Collins were present. All quite engaged and chatty although TJ was a little quiet.

Full marks again to the club for collecting for charity and to Collins for reminding folks about the donation (not always the case in previous years). James comes across as a confident guy and old head on young shoulders - not a hint of billy big balls I'm sure he'll come good for us.

Salisbury Hibby
08-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I was impressed with his reaction after the goal. Yes, you could see it meant a lot to him, but he stopped himself whipping off the top (just in time). No need for silly bookings.

Carheenlea
08-12-2013, 04:57 PM
My daughters third pantomime, and she had a great time. Liam Craig took time out to ask if she enjoyed it and posed for photo. One surprise was that the Club Shop was closed, but after looking in yesterday there was not really too much of note anyway, pretty sparse.

wazoo1875
08-12-2013, 04:57 PM
My boy and his pals had a great time today. Sue does a lot of work and it's nice that she gets praise from time to time. She asked us to stay back at the end to get Photos for the news which the kids were thrilled about. The players looked genuinely happy to be engaging with the kids and as we were leaving I noticed Liam Craig was still getting photos in the street with fans. A great day for the kids. Well done to Sue and the club!!

Glory Lurker
08-12-2013, 05:19 PM
I'd echo all the above. Well done, and thanks, to Sue, her team, and the players. Great stuff.

hibsbollah
08-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I was thinking the opposite. Would have been a good booking to take. ;) Was Chris Killen the last player to give us a bit of shirtless action at Easter Road? :greengrin

Theres no place for this kind of blatant sexism :protest:he's not a piece of meat FFS :grr:

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh no it's not

gav71
08-12-2013, 07:50 PM
10 out of 10 to Liam Craig for taking the time to hang around and sign autographs for the second lot of kids just a pity the other three couldn't follow there captains lead GGTTH

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Good to read these positive comments about Sue and I'm sure they are all merited. Sue does a power of work behind the scenes at Hibs and it's great that she's getting such praise

ozzie
08-12-2013, 08:31 PM
10 out of 10 to Liam Craig for taking the time to hang around and sign autographs for the second lot of kids just a pity the other three couldn't follow there captains lead GGTTH
Was Craig the only player signing autographs after the 2nd panto?

Green Fish
08-12-2013, 08:58 PM

Sammy, Lewis, Alex Harris and Paul hanlon showed for the second panto, they were all superb. A really good time was had by all, thanks to all those involved in putting this on.

TB134
08-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all that, I was there helping Sue out and it's been the biggest number we've ever had at the events. Liam Craig was there for the signings for the first panto, and took the time to go right along the line of folks queueing for the second show. Now that was Hibs class. Lewis Stevenson, Paul Hanlon, Alex Harris & Sam Stanton came along to do the signings and photos with the kids - and parents! - from the second group.
Some of the other helpers were from the FFiT and F4C lads and women on the Healthy Hibee programmes.We all had a ball, too! Looking forward to the HIbs Kids football tournament next weekend!

down-the-slope
08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
I was thinking the opposite. Would have been a good booking to take. ;) Was Chris Killen the last player to give us a bit of shirtless action at Easter Road? :greengrin

:halowitch:I hope James Mum warned him about certain types of women...

Hibbibri
09-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Over 350 kids at the 2 sittings and Santa said 'Happy Hibby Christmas' to every one of them.

That's the most times Santa has had to say that for many a year, trust me I'm in the know there :agree:

A lot of the time the volunteers (and Sue) don't get any credit where it's due, so as one of those volunteers can I say a big thank you for this thread as these days it seems it's easier to complain than it is to praise :aok:

Oh and a Happy Hibby Christmas to you all :xwave

gav71
09-12-2013, 09:44 AM

The players from the first panto Liam Craig was immense but the other 3 signed two three autographs before making a run to the car GGTTH

Brightside
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Looking forward to the footie tournie next weekend. Hopefully a fair few of the players will be there.

hibeelin
09-12-2013, 10:29 AM
The players from the first panto Liam Craig was immense but the other 3 signed two three autographs before making a run to the car GGTTH

My 3 year old granddaughter was in tears and refused to go near Sunshine, Santa or any of the players, but when we were getting back into the car James Collins passed and asked if she was ok now, she gave him a smile. He has a wee fan there. :wink:

ps She loved the panto. Thanks to Sue and everybody who helped make it a great day for the kids. :top marks

Makaveli
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Just want to add our thanks to all the volunteers involved and the players in attendance yesterday.

Everyone has their own family to be with on a Sunday and the players didn't have to be there at all so it's harsh to have a go at some for not staying all afternoon. We were at the 1pm panto and as said Craig, Jones, Collins and Forster were all very friendly with smiles and time for everyone, and they'll all be there again on Thursday night for the calendar signing.

My niece was a mascot on Saturday as well and was made to feel very welcome by everyone then, too. Sue and everyone else at Hibs do really well with this stuff. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-12-2013, 12:21 PM

They normally change over for the second panto so players are not expected to stay for the full period which I think is fine as has already been mentioned many will have family to spend time with (and Christmas shopping to do... although the Hibs shop was closed)

GREEN WARLORD
09-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Yes well done to Sue and everyone one else involved, my lad had a great time. Had his photo taken with Sunshine, Santa and the four players. Just a pity the shop wasn't open, as i still have a few presents to get and it would have been perfect for them to get some cash in the till. I remember last year, we had to leave through the shop but hey ho, still a good day.

The Voice Of Reason
09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
The Panto was great and my wee boy had a ball !

Well done Hibs and thank you to all involved :top marks

:flag: