PDA

View Full Version : The Butcher effect.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I dont know what the crowd was yesterday, but it seemed to be a little more than normal? Looking at the official site, our crowds against the the teams other than Hear7s Aberdeen and Celtic who bring bigger numbers than the rest of them has been around 9-9500.

Yesterday looked to me to be above 11k, so many of those who said they wouldn't be back have returned. :thumbsup:

3pm
08-12-2013, 12:56 PM
SSN had it around 10.5K.

Emerald
08-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I dont know what the crowd was yesterday, but it seemed to be a little more than normal? Looking at the official site, our crowds against the the teams other than Hear7s Aberdeen and Celtic who bring bigger numbers than the rest of them has been around 9-9500.

Yesterday looked to me to be above 11k, so many of those who said they wouldn't be back have returned. :thumbsup:

10,400 was the crowd but I thought it looked more than that.

Wheat Hound
08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I see a definite positive effect already on the team. Baby steps but I reckon we're heading the right way.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2013, 01:00 PM
10,400 was the crowd but I thought it looked more than that.

I'm surprised it was that low, it certainly looked bigger to me. :confused: Well nearly 1k more than normal, lets try for 2k more at the next game. :thumbsup:

mutley
08-12-2013, 01:06 PM
BBC says 10,431. I thought it looked a lot more than that, east was pretty busy, west seemed to have a few more than usual as did the FF. there wasn't a lot of away fans though

GreenOnions
08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm surprised it was that low, it certainly looked bigger to me. :confused: Well nearly 1k more than normal, lets try for 2k more at the next game. :thumbsup:

Only 200-300 Jags fans so over 10,000 Hibbies is a start

Hibernia Na Eir
08-12-2013, 01:24 PM
remember it was Hibs kids day as well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Defo looked more than 10,400. Busiest the West has looked for a while. Demand is still there if we can get things sorted on the park

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 07:57 PM
A whole row close to where I sit is usually pretty much empty but yesterday there was not a seat to be had. Definitely a good sign IMO :agree:

mutley
08-12-2013, 08:10 PM
remember it was Hibs kids day as well.

Do they not get counted thought? I'd swear that there were more than 10.5k on Saturday, I could be wrong though but it certainly looked a lot more

silverhibee
08-12-2013, 08:18 PM
A whole row close to where I sit is usually pretty much empty but yesterday there was not a seat to be had. Definitely a good sign IMO :agree:

You looked like you were enjoying that pizza as you walked up the stairs before the game. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 08:21 PM
You looked like you were enjoying that pizza as you walked up the stairs before the game. :thumbsup:

Indeed. That was lunch and it tasted better than it looked :greengrin

jdships
08-12-2013, 08:22 PM
It'll only get better as he brings in his own players.

:thumbsup:
It will take more than three games to turn things around .
For me there is a lack of quality in key positions plus we were spoiled with having LG to score goals and get us out of trouble :greengrin
I am quietly confident that come the end of the season we will be in a much stornger position to chalenge for honours next season .

s.a.m
08-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Defo looked more than 10,400. Busiest the West has looked for a while. Demand is still there if we can get things sorted on the park

I thought so too. East looked much busier than normal as well.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2013, 08:33 PM

I thought they had a lot more than that

erin go bragh
08-12-2013, 08:46 PM

It looked like they had more than that , id say at least 500 .
But it also looked like we had more than 10.000 .

Ggtth

VivaHiberņa
08-12-2013, 09:04 PM
All great to hear, sounds like I should buy my new year's derby ticket pronto to be on the safe side... :tbgwa:

down-the-slope
08-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Do they not get counted thought? I'd swear that there were more than 10.5k on Saturday, I could be wrong though but it certainly looked a lot more

:agree: i''l eat lat weeks undies if it was not more than that....Much more in East & FF than normal..

Put it this way - if that was a true figure there was space for 10K more :rolleyes: don't think so

Peevemor
08-12-2013, 09:53 PM
:agree: i''l eat lat weeks undies if it was not more than that....Much more in East & FF than normal..

Put it this way - if that was a true figure there was space for 10K more :rolleyes: don't think so

You"ll have to take them off first!

Flanny boy
08-12-2013, 09:59 PM
I thought around 11,500.if we can see the team
Is making progress the fans will come back,simple :flag:

down-the-slope
08-12-2013, 10:17 PM
You"ll have to take them off first!

I'm quite flexible :greengrin

IberianHibernian
08-12-2013, 11:27 PM
After a month without a home weekend match crowds normally go up so yesterday`s crowd was disappointing but not surprising .

Ronniekirk
09-12-2013, 09:01 AM
All great to hear, sounds like I should buy my new year's derby ticket pronto to be on the safe side... :tbgwa:
Ditto the East will be a sell out but if we don't start scoring more than one goal a game then a lot of the other stay always might wait till that changers .There's lots of alternative entertainment these day s just. Ask the bored hibs kids from Saturday.My two are in there twenties and it gets harder to keep that interest going .But they were both at Firhill when we won and yet we played far better on Saturday so at least they can see an improvement Rome wasn't built in a day.

happiehibbie
09-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I hope really hope that things improve I agree that Butcher has had a good effect on us but watching us LUMP the ball up the park the whole game was torture I know know why Thomson is not playing he would not get a kick of the ball we just niss the whole midfield out

I live in hope GGTTH

MB62
09-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Whilst I understand and agree that there is a 'feel good factor' being attempted to being built with a new manager, I wonder just how many of the 'returnees' will be encouraged back after watching 90 minutes of that hoof ball?
Butcher has a BIG rebuilding job on his hands, mainly because we don't have the players up front to do any damage.
I thought Zoubir did ok when he came on and made a difference in actually managing to beat some defenders, and young Cummings at least got in to good scoring positions. Hopefully Alex Harris will help the cause too when he returns and maybe one or two youngsters will make the breakthrough.

The crowd on Saturday would also be helped by the Hibs Kids but it will be interesting to see what the crowd is against St. Johnstone, especially after our trip to Darkheid on Saturday.

Golden Bear
09-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Whilst I understand and agree that there is a 'feel good factor' being attempted to being built with a new manager, I wonder just how many of the 'returnees' will be encouraged back after watching 90 minutes of that hoof ball?
Butcher has a BIG rebuilding job on his hands, mainly because we don't have the players up front to do any damage.
I thought Zoubir did ok when he came on and made a difference in actually managing to beat some defenders, and young Cummings at least got in to good scoring positions. Hopefully Alex Harris will help the cause too when he returns and maybe one or two youngsters will make the breakthrough.

The crowd on Saturday would also be helped by the Hibs Kids but it will be interesting to see what the crowd is against St. Johnstone, especially after our trip to Darkheid on Saturday.

I was one of "the returnees" on Saturday and while the football was ugly, it was at the same time eminently watchable and a big improvement on the sheer boredom we've become accustomed to in the last couple of seasons.

TB will have realised the shortcomings in the playing squad and will no doubt be addressing the lack of balance and quality in the next few months. In the meantime performances like Saturdays will not prevent me from attending on a more regular basis.

green glory
09-12-2013, 10:44 AM
10,400 v Partick while the Yams only managed 10,600 v Celtic. A sign of the times.

Hearts the big team? My hairy sack!

cleanyman
09-12-2013, 10:51 AM
10,400 v Partick while the Yams only managed 10,600 v Celtic. A sign of the times.

Hearts the big team? My hairy sack!

That's only one game though.

Their average is 14,598 this season compared to our 10, 450

MB62
09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I was one of "the returnees" on Saturday and while the football was ugly, it was at the same time eminently watchable and a big improvement on the sheer boredom we've become accustomed to in the last couple of seasons.

TB will have realised the shortcomings in the playing squad and will no doubt be addressing the lack of balance and quality in the next few months. In the meantime performances like Saturdays will not prevent me from attending on a more regular basis.

Good to hear that G.B. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 09:43 PM

I agree it was anything but pretty MB but I was heartened by the fact that we didn't just roll over after going a goal down. :agree:

Small steps my friend :aok:

Alfred E Newman
09-12-2013, 09:48 PM

::thumbsup:

Andy74
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I agree it was anything but pretty MB but I was heartened by the fact that we didn't just roll over after going a goal down. :agree:

Small steps my friend :aok:

Surprised to hear a lot of comment about a new found spirit. We might have lacked pace, creativity and certainly confidence at times but I don't think we've lacked any effort or desire.

We came from behind to beat Killie and St Johnstone away and to get a draw against Dundee Utd didn't we?

3pm
09-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Surprised to hear a lot of comment about a new found spirit. We might have lacked pace, creativity and certainly confidence at times but I don't think we've lacked any effort or desire.

We came from behind to beat Killie and St Johnstone away and to get a draw against Dundee Utd didn't we?

The increase in confidence gives you the extra step.

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 09:59 PM

Yes we did, you're right. Maybe I should qualify what I said by adding 'something we didn't do often enough'

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Yes we did, you're right. Maybe I should qualify what I said by adding 'something we didn't do often enough'

We didn't john, and even now i'm not convinced we will do much better than what we were under Fenlon.

Although he does have a transfer window coming up to try and address the awful team Fenlon took 2 years to assemble, and hopefully he can bring enough quality in and we can scrape into the top 6.

Ordinarily 6th place wouldn't bother me, but the less money the gimps get would be the only bonus i see from pipping St Johnstone, in reality the only club i think we might catch?

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
We didn't john, and even now i'm not convinced we will do much better than what we were under Fenlon.

Although he does have a transfer window coming up to try and address the awful team Fenlon took 2 years to assemble, and hopefully he can bring enough quality in and we can scrape into the top 6.

Ordinarily 6th place wouldn't bother me, but the less money the gimps get would be the only bonus i see from pipping St Johnstone, in reality the only club i think we might catch?

It's not been pretty to watch Gary but it's only three games so he's hardly had a chance to work with the players. The sad fact is that despite claims we have a good squad we don't really. TB needs to strengthen and I'm sure he will :agree:

Dashing Bob S
09-12-2013, 11:24 PM
It's not been pretty to watch Gary but it's only three games so he's hardly had a chance to work with the players. The sad fact is that despite claims we have a good squad we don't really. TB needs to strengthen and I'm sure he will :agree:

Yes, I'm certainly looking forward to anticipating Hibs games on a Saturday as much as I now do Hearts ones.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2013, 11:29 PM

Only been 3 times this season John, but have watched quite a lot of games on the telly. I thought on Saturday we actually created chances, and we put them under periods of sustained pressure.

Now thats something i have not seen in a while, i agree it was not the prettiest, but it is better and we are playing the game much further up the park.

Butcher as you and i agree does need more quality, i can see him replacing quite a few players in the summer. It wouldnt surprise me if we see 2 new full backs and another centre half for starters, and we desperately need more quality wide too, Harris might give us that but is still a kid with less than 10 games for the club.

This squad is still a long way from a team that would qualify for Europe through a league position, i do think Terry knows this. :pray:

B.H.F.C
09-12-2013, 11:46 PM

Think you are right about only catching St Jonstone, if anyone. Beyond that there is an 8 point gap to Motherwell.

Finishing 5th or 6th doesn't particularly bother me. All that really gets us is a few extra quid which I suppose would help come the summer window. Main thing I want to see is us winning a reasonable amount of games at Easter Road and a some form of improvement in the way we play. Saturday wasn't easy to watch but I'm sure he doesn't intend to play that way long term. I think he's just trying to go back to basics. I definitely think there is a bit more intensity about our play going forward just in the sense that we are getting a lot more crosses in to the box and trying to get more shots away. Problem we have is the quality. Crossing was ok from dead balls but poor from open play too often. We should have scored more than the one we managed at the weekend though.

I think we will see a couple of changes to the squad in January but nothing drastic. Even with that I still fancy Butcher to squeeze a bit more out of the current lot than Fenlon did.

alnewhaven
09-12-2013, 11:46 PM
One positive surely is not watching ball played to midfield only to be passed all the way back to Williams

Jones28
10-12-2013, 12:03 AM
That's only one game though.

Their average is 14,598 this season compared to our 10, 450

A cup game as well so would be asking some to re-buy seats.

At this time of year too.

Tbf to the ****bos they've turned out in decent numbers.

Mind you, so would we in their situation.