PDA

View Full Version : My ears are bleeding

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Can someone show me the manual which says that shouting abuse at individual Hibs players helps them play better?

I was so disappointed that as soon as we lost a goal, the hate fest started.

"Stevenson F off". Collins, you're sheite, you're not even a football player". "How can you be coaching the kids, Maybury? You're effin useless". etc etc etc.

What are these people trying to achieve? I sincerely hope they don't have managerial responsibilities.

In the first half, when a Thistle player curled a corner straight out of play, I decided to turn the tables and give him some abuse.

"You're sheite, pal", I shouted.

It was so unusual for someone to actually be slagging off an opposition player instead of a Hibs man for a change, several folk around me laughed.

Speaks volumes.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Yesterday i decided to take a look at the game from behind the goal, and bought my ticket from the pod for the bottom tier of the FF.

We sat near the top about 8 rows down behind an old bloke and a couple of teanagers. When they scored, a bloke behind them blamed Stevenson for the goal, quite how he saw Lewis was to blame i dont know, but Stevenson got it big style from this guy.

The bloke behind me started shouting at him how it had nothing to do with Stevenson, and how it was Handling and Forster who were to blame, then the two kids started shouting at their dad telling him to shut up, and how he was a dick head. :greengrin

Probably the best entertainment of the day if i'm honest. :greengrin

aunty joyce
08-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Can someone show me the manual which says that shouting abuse at individual Hibs players helps them play better?

"Stevenson F off". Collins, you're sheite, you're not even a football player". "How can you be coaching the kids, Maybury? You're effin useless". etc etc etc.

What are these people trying to achieve? I sincerely hope they don't have managerial responsibilities.

In the first half, when a Thistle player curled a corner straight out of play, I decided to turn the tables and give him some abuse.

It was so unusual for someone to actually be slagging off an opposition player instead of a Hibs man for a change, several folk around me laughed.

Speaks volumes.

Totally agree with you 100%

I cannot believe how quickly these people turn against OUR OWN PLAYERS especially at a time when the team needs the support to get right behind them.

My highlight was knowing that the grown men sitting behind me with their young kids (yet were still hurling abuse at individual players) left before we scored our equaliser . . . Just deserts I think.

matty_f
08-12-2013, 09:56 AM
I don't know when it changed but I certainly remember standing in the old East and giving the opposition more stick than the Hibs played got.
Easter Road used to be a fairly hostile place for visiting teams but we're more hostile to our own players these days, which is just stupid.

I'm_cabbaged
08-12-2013, 09:59 AM
It's getting increasingly worse, that bad where we sit my son and I spend half the time ripping them to ourselves :)
Edit: the idiotic "fans" not the players :)

Stuarty27
08-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't personally shout at players but don't blame anyone who does as we have had to put up with some terrible performances over the last few years. There is no value in paying to watch some of our players at the minute.

Personally I am sick and tired of paying silly money to watch horrendous football. I actually came me away yesterday in a bad mood from freezing my band off watching players who can't do the simple things like pass the ball 3 yards or make the right runs off the ball.

mikethehibee69
08-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Why oh why, do so called Hibs fans berate and boo the team!! Yes it's frustrating, but FFs seriously booing players who are trying but are short on confidence is totally detrimental to the team, regardless of how bad we have played, I've never ever boo'd, only time I boo is at the refs!!:grr::grr:

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't personally shout at players but don't blame anyone who does as we have had to put up with some terrible performances over the last few years. There is no value in paying to watch some of our players at the minute.

Personally I am sick and tired of paying silly money to watch horrendous football. I actually came me away yesterday in a bad mood from freezing my band off watching players who can't do the simple things like pass the ball 3 yards or make the right runs off the ball.

I would blame someone who abuses the team while they are playing the game, by all means let them know how you feel after the game, but shouting abuse at the team or an individual player does no help at all.

If you feel you are getting no value watching the team, don't go.

happiehibbie
08-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Lets look at it a different way PEOPLE are fed up with the same rubbish performance week after week who ever the manager is. I agree that Stevenson was not to blame but Handling ( i can't understand people think he has a future in the game) his touch passing where awful. but forget all this. WTF was the tactics today Lumping the ball from the front to the back to collins who for me tried like a bear but did not get a decent pass all day. I now understand how the best player we have is sitting in the dug out. If he continues with this Lumping method then get Tudor Jones up front. I did feel that she Nelson came on we looked more comfortable / dangerous.

best quote of the day from the west "Terry ! Stevenson has saw of more managers than Petrie" made me chuckle.

its early days and I hope we improve the diffrence was that MP and TB kept us going to the last

clerriehibs
08-12-2013, 10:23 AM

Speaks volumes.

what were you turning the tablea on in the 1st half, if the hate fest only started after they scored (in the 2nd half)?

hibby rae
08-12-2013, 10:28 AM
A couple seasons back we had to move seats in the East just because the guys behind us were so negative, I really didn't understand what they got out of coming to watch us. As a comparison, what's the support generally like away from home? Similar, better or worse? I go to every home game but rarely get away. Butcher, in his BBC interview states "You can see the confidence isn't great at home." How important a factor are we to the players confidence? I think some will brush it off, but others need backing. I think Collins might fall into that bracket. The worst thing, in my opinion, is when people get on the youngsters back. It's tough enough to make it in the first team and they need nurtured (on a side note, if you go on Maybury's twitter, you can see the way he drives the young players, a fantastic guy to have as a youth coach in my opinion).

J-C
08-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Don't think I've ever shouted abuse at any individual player, I've moaned to the person next to me but never shouted directly at any player, never seen the point in that.

IndieHibby
08-12-2013, 10:38 AM
what were you turning the tablea on in the 1st half, if the hate fest only started after they scored (in the 2nd half)?
The 'hate fest' has been going on for a lot longer than the last 45mins of football at Easter road! :wink:

Col2
08-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Funnily enough my ears are actually bleeding, or one of them is. I was a little rushed shaving and managed to nick one of my ears in 3 places and it wont stop bleeding although it has slowes down!!

Now THATS a real problem!

hfc rd
08-12-2013, 10:51 AM
A couple seasons back we had to move seats in the East just because the guys behind us were so negative, I really didn't understand what they got out of coming to watch us. As a comparison, what's the support generally like away from home? Similar, better or worse? I go to every home game but rarely get away. Butcher, in his BBC interview states "You can see the confidence isn't great at home." How important a factor are we to the players confidence? I think some will brush it off, but others need backing. I think Collins might fall into that bracket. The worst thing, in my opinion, is when people get on the youngsters back. It's tough enough to make it in the first team and they need nurtured (on a side note, if you go on Maybury's twitter, you can see the way he drives the young players, a fantastic guy to have as a youth coach in my opinion).

Our away form has been better than our home form. Pretty much explains it. Only two home wins in 2013. Last week at County, all the fans got right behind the players from the first whistle to the last. If a Hibs player made a mistake, everyone started encouraging him to keep their head up and forget about it. The support certainly did help the players and the players appreciated it at the FT whistle. The only person on the pitch that was getting abuse was Craig Thomson and at times Derek Adams.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 10:55 AM

That's a strange thing to take exception to, but in the interests of clarity, I'll try to explain.

I was turning the tables on the usual behaviour of certain Hibs fans.

I'm accustomed to hearing Hibs fans berate, and thereby demotivate, their own players. It's less usual to hear opposition players getting stick.

The hate fest certainly moved up several gears after we lost the goal, but it wasn't all sweetness and light beforehand.

However, feel free to delete the words "turn the tables" from my post. My intended meaning won't be affected.

hibsbollah
08-12-2013, 10:56 AM
There is a angry touretttes boy behind me who is seriously forcing me to consider moving seats. If we actually start playing well you can tell he'd be disappointed.

Irish_Steve
08-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Yesterday i decided to take a look at the game from behind the goal, and bought my ticket from the pod for the bottom tier of the FF.

We sat near the top about 8 rows down behind an old bloke and a couple of teanagers. When they scored, a bloke behind them blamed Stevenson for the goal, quite how he saw Lewis was to blame i dont know, but Stevenson got it big style from this guy.

The bloke behind me started shouting at him how it had nothing to do with Stevenson, and how it was Handling and Forster who were to blame, then the two kids started shouting at their dad telling him to shut up, and how he was a dick head. :greengrin

I know exactly who you mean!! We used to have season tickets beside him but his constant moaning led to us moving away a few rows - the guy is on Stevenson`s back from the out-sett and it proves how much he actuallys knows about football when he was blaming lewis for the first goal, when Lewis was probably in the opposite corner!

Hiber-nation
08-12-2013, 10:58 AM
This clown around East BB 45-50 (sorry if that's your seat and you're not a clown :wink:) was unreal. Standing up to sarcastically applaud Maybury after his first bad pass - "f***** international class Maybury" shouts the brainless git.

And I moved at half time to get away from this other buffoon 2 seats along who just shouted abuse for the whole game.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Funnily enough my ears are actually bleeding, or one of them is. I was a little rushed shaving and managed to nick one of my ears in 3 places and it wont stop bleeding although it has slowes down!!

Now THATS a real problem!

Should we call you Vincent now? :wink:

Northernhibee
08-12-2013, 11:01 AM
The lovely chaps around me yesterday really showed their support for the team - giving it tight to Handling after eight minutes, screaming "You're so ***** it's unbelievable" at a player after he had a shot saved (I think it was Collins or Jones), giving it tight to any players in a green and white shirt who came near us the whole game.

Butcher has it spot on when he approaches everything in a positive manner, but apparently he's "clueless" according to those ********s as well.

I don't know how we improve this at the ground - it can't do any good for players confidence. I have Dundee Hibs and sheep supporting mates who have dragged me along to games vs our neighbours a couple of times we really are the worst for abusing our own players and getting on their backs.

Paisley Hibby
08-12-2013, 11:02 AM

It's like night and day. Away matches are much more enjoyable because we really get behind the team. Last season at Rugby Park in the cup was particularly good - and it certainly helped the team that day. It must be hellish for our players at ER - negativity just oozes out of the stands.

Jack
08-12-2013, 11:04 AM
I don't know when it changed but I certainly remember standing in the old East and giving the opposition more stick than the Hibs played got.
Easter Road used to be a fairly hostile place for visiting teams but we're more hostile to our own players these days, which is just stupid.

Ah the good old days when we got opposition players booked for being ugly :-)

Saorsa
08-12-2013, 11:04 AM
There is a angry touretttes boy behind me who is seriously forcing me to consider moving seats. If we actually start playing well you can tell he'd be disappointed.Maybe it's no their really fault, maybe they get picked on in the hoose :greengrin and take it oot at the fitba :greengrin

It's no to bad where I sit, there were a few dick heids but they seem te have disappeared, hopefully they winnae come back when the fitba gets better.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2013, 11:08 AM
I think it's time that folks got with the programme - Terry's laid out what he's demanding from the players and given us what he needs from us. That doesn't include abusing players. Those that continue need to think where they're headed.

There are no excuses any more - these tired excuses have been run dry since JC left. If you cannot get inboard with Terry - an experienced manager in the Scottish game compared with the rest (perhaps bar Hughes) it's time to change mode, change the record. It won't happen overnight.

If folks still insist on "abusing". OUR players I suggest they pay to get in the away end.

weonlywon6-2
08-12-2013, 11:26 AM

Speaks volumes.

I was at Paisley a couple of weeks ago and a group of guys,not one wearing any hibs colours I may add just slated the team the entire game, pointless and crazy.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Maybe it's no their really fault, maybe they get picked on in the hoose :greengrin and take it oot at the fitba :greengrin

Many a true word spoken in jest. :agree:

Why do some fans keep encouraging players when they make a mistake whilst others shout abuse at them?

I'm certain the behaviour of fans at football matches would be a great subject for a psychology PhD.

NOLA
08-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Our poor home form the last few years hasn't helped create a feelgood factor about going to home games to start with, so when the team are crap yet again week after week you can see how it can demoralise fans to the point they take it out on our own players, its a viscious circle, play well = happy fans. Play crap = angry fans who yet again feel shortchanged by professional footballers earning a good wage. I've been going to ER since the early 80's and we have always had players we pick on so its not exactly a new thing, I remember McLeish saying he wished fans weren't so quick to shout at michael renwick, boo boys will always be there just some are louder than others ;)

Bronson
08-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I understand and share most of the frustrations but I can't help but feel some people do buy a season ticket to have a right good moan for 90 mins, very tiresome.

Nevi_SOL
08-12-2013, 11:51 AM
It's getting increasingly worse, that bad where we sit my son and I spend half the time ripping them to ourselves :)
Edit: the idiotic "fans" not the players :)

I'm in the same boat as yourself mate.

lord bunberry
08-12-2013, 11:54 AM
I very rarely hear any sort of abuse being dished out to our own players from were I sit. Abusing players is never going to help their performance levels, but I find these threads by the same people most weeks blaming the supporters for all our problems nauseating. A fair few fans having a go aren't regular attendees, but are on here after most home games having a go at people who do go.

GreenLake
08-12-2013, 11:55 AM
I like when I hear jambos directing abuse at their players and it's obviously better not to reciprocate.

JJP
08-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Can we start some sort of vigilante against these people? They do my head in. Totally ruin games for me. Before, it was Vine, yesterday it was OTJ. I dont understand these clowns! Why make an arse of yourself in public like that? It's not like it helps our team at all. These people would laugh at the thought that they are costing the team points at home but they absolutely are if you ask me.

jonty
08-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Sadly its been happening for years (ever since we moved from West to the old East) and it was a major factor in not renewing. I don't want to have 90 minutes of abuse being shouted the team we're supposedly there to support.

If I want to hear abuse and be demotivated and fed-up, I'll stay at home with the missus and ask her opinion on some recent task she's given me. (and if I watch it on the TV/listen on radio, then I'm at least warm, comfy and have decent food. There's no queue for the loo and it has running hot water).

Actually, what IS there at a game to actually enjoy anymore? Even the pubs before and after are heaving. Trains are always full.
The only plus side is Edinburgh buses are usual decent, the buzz when walking round the corner to set eyes on ER and clapping the players when they first come out (keeps hands warm).
It goes downhill shortly after with a guaranteed "Oh fer fluck sake, why is he starting"

Signed
V Meldrew.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I very rarely hear any sort of abuse being dished out to our own players from were I sit. Abusing players is never going to help their performance levels, but I find these threads by the same people most weeks blaming the supporters for all our problems nauseating. A fair few fans having a go aren't regular attendees, but are on here after most home games having a go at people who do go.

Can you see a link?

but are on here after most home games having a go at people who do go.

How can that be? Are they just guessing about what happened at the game?

QMU-1875
08-12-2013, 12:16 PM
To be fair I think this is common in all football grounds in Scotland. Home fans tend to expect more from the players so think they are more vocal in their criticism compared to when they are in the away end.

Brizo
08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately its always been the way. Guys liked Joe Tortalano, Benny Brazil, Brian Hamilton got slaughtered every home game... often even before the game began. There was no golden era of unconditional support. Im currently re reading Lawrie Reillys autobiography and he talks about being barracked by fans during one match. If true legends like Lawrie were getting it tight 60 years ago we cant expect anything different nowadays. Football has and always will be an outlet for angry men to take their anger out on someone who cant answer back.

I'm_cabbaged
08-12-2013, 12:22 PM
This clown around East BB 45-50 (sorry if that's your seat and you're not a clown :wink:) was unreal. Standing up to sarcastically applaud Maybury after his first bad pass - "f***** international class Maybury" shouts the brainless git.

And I moved at half time to get away from this other buffoon 2 seats along who just shouted abuse for the whole game.

I'm a couple of rows in front, he's a serial offender. I'm actually thinking about moving seats because of this clown. :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
08-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Can you see a link?

How can that be? Are they just guessing about what happened at the game?

No they're making a general point that the fans at easter road are the reason our home form is so poor.
I've been going to ER for nearly 30 years now and the abuse from the fans isn't any worse than it was back then. The reason we don't win enough games is down to the players and the manager, not the supporters.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 12:35 PM
No they're making a general point that the fans at easter road are the reason our home form is so poor.
I've been going to ER for nearly 30 years now and the abuse from the fans isn't any worse than it was back then. The reason we don't win enough games is down to the players and the manager, not the supporters.

There have always been players the fans didn't like, but I've been going for over 40 years, and the level and frequency of abuse is a lot greater nowadays, imo.

In fact, I'd say it was one of the main factors which spoil the match day experience.

mutley
08-12-2013, 12:45 PM
It's like night and day. Away matches are much more enjoyable because we really get behind the team. Last season at Rugby Park in the cup was particularly good - and it certainly helped the team that day. It must be hellish for our players at ER - negativity just oozes out of the stands.

I concur, I think I enjoy away games more these days, purely because the fans seem to be " more at one" and make noise that encourages the team. The negativity at ER is unreal at times.

I'm guessing if we go on a bit if a run then that might change things a bit, and lets see what bit if business is conducted in the January window

lord bunberry
08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
There have always been players the fans didn't like, but I've been going for over 40 years, and the level and frequency of abuse is a lot greater nowadays, imo.

In fact, I'd say it was one of the main factors which spoil the match day experience.

If the abuse is spoiling your match day experience maybe you should move your seat to a part of the stadium were the supporters are more positive. In an ideal world all supporters would be right behind the team for 90 mins but I don't see that happening any time soon.

lyonhibs
08-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Can we start some sort of vigilante against these people? They do my head in. Totally ruin games for me. Before, it was Vine, yesterday it was OTJ. I dont understand these clowns! Why make an arse of yourself in public like that? It's not like it helps our team at all. These people would laugh at the thought that they are costing the team points at home but they absolutely are if you ask me.

Errr, whilst I agree entirely with the sentiment that abusing your own players during the game is pointless and the behaviour of an ********, people shouting abuse are not directly costing our team points at home. They aren't helping, but what has cost us points at home has been the shan defending, dire finishing and general plodding, easy to counter, style of play we use. Even if every Hibs fan in the stadium was a model of happiness and joy at all times, a pish thump up the park remains a pish thump up the park and awful cross #7007 of the game still remains an awful cross.

No points are given out or lost based on the calibre of the fans in the stands.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Agree 100%, its utterly pathetic.

4/5 guys around me in the upper famous five moaned and gave our players abuse for 90 minutes and then left before we scored. Just before HT I told one of them to be quiet and start supporting the team but it made no difference, still giving Maybury abuse, still calling Collins ***** like he does every week, worst part is that he is pretty much wrong in all his criticisms and is probably the most ignorant person in the world when it comes to defending, basically he is a moron, Hibby or not.

People like this don't help the team win in any way, they are hindering our players and its pathetic. No wonder we win more away games, ER is toxic to play in when things aren't going well.

Hiber-nation
08-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm a couple of rows in front, he's a serial offender. I'm actually thinking about moving seats because of this clown. :rolleyes:

It's all you can do really as idiots like that won't be told. Plenty of free seats back in EE up to the back.

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Our away form has been better than our home form. Pretty much explains it. Only two home wins in 2013. Last week at County, all the fans got right behind the players from the first whistle to the last. If a Hibs player made a mistake, everyone started encouraging him to keep their head up and forget about it. The support certainly did help the players and the players appreciated it at the FT whistle. The only person on the pitch that was getting abuse was Craig Thomson and at times Derek Adams.

Away supports always get more behind teams than home only fans, some of whom use football as personal therapy, or ways to let off steam. It's quite comical to observe and it only really gets annoying or noticeable when performances on the park are poor.

I seldom give Hibs players abuse and dislike it when others do, though I acknowledge their right to do this.

ackeygraham
08-12-2013, 01:37 PM
I find it funny as every hibs fan has played at the highest level hence why they give "their own" team it tight. They have that right :greengrin

Yours Pele.

PatHead
08-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Last season I moved from FF to West as there were some guys who really got on my nerves with their constant moaning at Wotherspoon, before that it was Nish. They shout out expert tactics telling the players what to do as though it will make a difference and they will make the player change everything done in training all week because that guy from the FF said so.

These "experts" really don't realise how much of an arse they are making of themselves and how much they are ruining it for others.

Perhaps if this guy is ruining it for so many it might be worth dropping an email to the club naming the seat and asking a steward to have a word with him. If all three of you it I am sure the club would do something.

majorhibs
08-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately its always been the way. Guys liked Joe Tortalano, Benny Brazil, Brian Hamilton got slaughtered every home game... often even before the game began. There was no golden era of unconditional support. Im currently re reading Lawrie Reillys autobiography and he talks about being barracked by fans during one match. If true legends like Lawrie were getting it tight 60 years ago we cant expect anything different nowadays. Football has and always will be an outlet for angry men to take their anger out on someone who cant answer back.

Beat me tae it. Alan Sneddon, the unforgettable Duncan Lambie (John Lambie, then the coach's laddie, I believe) got absolute pelters, just nae net for some tae get thegither & report/moan about it, but its always been there, some mair deserved than others but its certainly no new.

Hibercelona
08-12-2013, 04:55 PM

Agree with what you say, except from the last part.

Players can answer their critics back, by proving that they are something better than what they're being made out to be.

When players choose to take the huff, or give up trying, because they're being criticised. That's not going to save them from criticism, regardless of who they play for.

The only way to truly beat the critics is to prove them wrong. Any professional should know that.

Crossgates Hibs
08-12-2013, 05:10 PM

Agreed we wouldn't have won that game if it hadn't been for the support we just willed them on and each time they came back we wouldn't let up. One of the best away days I've had:flag:

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2013, 05:31 PM

I'm guessing it started before Benny Brazil and Joe Tortalano played.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2013, 05:47 PM
But sometimes we just have limited players, who are just doing the best they can and maybe aren't quite at the standard that some people would like to see. Nothing they do will get the abusers off their backs. And the abuse is aimed wrongly in these cases - if a player isn't great but is clearly playing to the best of his ability and putting all of his effort in then why should he get abused just for not being good enough?

Stevenson is never going to take on two or three players and smash the ball into the net. But he does the best he can in other areas and tries his hardest. Whether this is good enough or not might be a point of debate but he certainly doesn't deserve abuse for it.

Collins was getting shouted at for not winning enough headers, completely ignoring that he is not a target man and said himself that he isn't great at playing the target man role. It's not his fault that everything is getting launched up the park and easily swept up by defenders. He just has to make do with what he is given and he doesn't stop trying for 90 mins.

If players were getting abuse who were lazy or uncommitted then maybe it's up to them to prove people wrong, but getting abuse for trying to do a job to the best of their ability, whatever ability that might be, is uncalled for in my opinion.

:top marks

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 05:51 PM
But sometimes we just have limited players, who are just doing the best they can and maybe aren't quite at the standard that some people would like to see. Nothing they do will get the abusers off their backs. And the abuse is aimed wrongly in these cases - if a player isn't great but is clearly playing to the best of his ability and putting all of his effort in then why should he get abused just for not being good enough?

Stevenson is never going to take on two or three players and smash the ball into the net. But he does the best he can in other areas and tries his hardest. Whether this is good enough or not might be a point of debate but he certainly doesn't deserve abuse for it.

Collins was getting shouted at for not winning enough headers, completely ignoring that he is not a target man and said himself that he isn't great at playing the target man role. It's not his fault that everything is getting launched up the park and easily swept up by defenders. He just has to make do with what he is given and he doesn't stop trying for 90 mins.

If players were getting abuse who were lazy or uncommitted then maybe it's up to them to prove people wrong, but getting abuse for trying to do a job to the best of their ability, whatever ability that might be, is uncalled for in my opinion.

Excellent points.

SouthamptonHibs
08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
I think we have the best fans! Reason in the last three years we must of won less than ten home games in the league. To get 9 to 10,000 most home games has been great. The fans are entitled to have a moan at what's on offer. I watched yesterday's game on bbc alba, I thought it was a decent game much better than the three games I've been to so far this season Malmo tynie and ict at home.

Alfred E Newman
08-12-2013, 06:07 PM

That's a great idea and one way of getting the crowds down.

Twa Cairpets
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM

Spot on. Excellent post.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 06:45 PM

Top post :agree:

hibbymick
08-12-2013, 06:49 PM

If I knew you were coming I wouldve given you a freebie for the top o the famous five. Let me know when your coming up Gaz and If I have a spare its yours.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Cheers pal, i was with Paul as well he has a season ticket for the FF now.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2013, 07:43 PM

If players were getting abuse who were lazy or uncommitted then maybe it's up to them to prove people wrong, but getting abuse for trying to do a job to the best of their ability, whatever ability that might be, is uncalled for in my opinion.This 100%, top post.

Green Fish
08-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Have to admit I did moan a bit yesterday which isn't the norm but out of sheer frustration that otj wasn't hooked. However the guy next to me, HH 100 ish in FF, if hibs were a fraction as good as he was with his persistent bleating and commentary we would be world beaters! Just gonna no!!!!

SuperAllyMcleod
08-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Aye, there was Stuart Turnbull before that - that said, he deserved it. I've yet to see a worse player in a Hibs jersey.

S.sct
08-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Not saying that OTJ had a particularly good game yesterday but can't belive the pelters he got for his 3 attempts on goal. OK not great but if you don't shoot you can't score. :-(

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Not saying that OTJ had a particularly good game yesterday but can't belive the pelters he got for his 3 attempts on goal. OK not great but if you don't shoot you can't score. :-(

First attempt was excellent and forced a good save. The other two, well ...........:greengrin

Green Fish
08-12-2013, 08:01 PM

Wasn't his shots that wad the problem imo, totally ineffective and lethargic. Just my opinion of course.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Aye, there was Stuart Turnbull before that - that said, he deserved it. I've yet to see a worse player in a Hibs jersey.

Nobody deserves to be abused at their work

mutley
08-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Wasn't his shots that wad the problem imo, totally ineffective and lethargic. Just my opinion of course.

I'd go with that, his shots fair enough but at times he just stood about looking at the ball, as if it would magically come to him, a little bit of attention to what was going on would have been nice.

hibby rae
08-12-2013, 08:09 PM

However, do you think Stuart Turnbull was worse than Konte?

Or Kuqi?

Ross Chisholm was awful.

SuperAllyMcleod
08-12-2013, 08:15 PM

I never dished out the abuse as I think whoever is wearing the Hibs jersey should be supported throughout the whole 90 mins. There's plenty of time afterwords to debate how good/bad they were.

That said, he was truly awful.

Hedlund12
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM

LB, can I ask where you sit?

I'd love to sit in a section of the ground where abuse is rarely dished out at the players. I've only been back for two seasons (after having a break to have my kids). I don't recall ever hearing the amount of abuse I hear now.

I attend the games with my son. I'm sick of the abuse directed at Alan Maybury by some fans..... There is not a game goes by when some HIBS player is not given pelters.....

When Hibs lost their goal yesterday a guy two rows behind me was venomous, arrogant, vile and totally blew his top at the team (If you are reading this you know who you are.... West Lower.... I'm the person who was scowling at you and probably looked like I was wishing you'd find the exit and GTF!.....my ear drums and head couldn't take much more of your encouraging behaviour towards the team!!!).

Frogga
08-12-2013, 09:18 PM
My personal favourite was a guy screaming at Liam Craig to "get back to Pittodrie". Was tempted to correct him but didn't think he'd appreciate that :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Maybe the Hibernian Community Foundation could run some anger management sessions.
I'm kinda serious about this. Life is tough, everyone's situation is different but maybe there's something in offering something like this through the foundation. They run the healthy Hibee (which I can recommend!) it's kinda related to your mental well being.
on second thoughts maybe the resolution for some would be to stay away from ER ;) good for the ears and wellbeing - bad for the club ;)

Frogga
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM

Who is Stuart Turnbull, purely out of interest?

Frogga
08-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Maybe the Hibernian Community Foundation could run some anger management sessions.
I'm kinda serious about this. Life is tough, everyone's situation is different but maybe there's something in offering something like this through the foundation. They run the healthy Hibee (which I can recommend!) it's kinda related to your mental well being.
on second thoughts maybe the resolution for some would be to stay away from ER ;) good for the ears and wellbeing - bad for the club ;)

I was saying that to someone yesterday - play some soothing music at half-time maybe to calm people down?!

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2013, 09:23 PM
I was saying that to someone yesterday - play some soothing music at half-time maybe to calm people down?!

Aromatherapy In the bogs - "smell to get well" - V. Reeves ;)

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 09:29 PM

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6281

SuperAllyMcleod
08-12-2013, 09:30 PM

He played for Hibs in the early eighties if I remember rightly (it may have been earlier) - a midfielder who convinced me he was colour blind as he never passed to a green jersey.

down-the-slope
08-12-2013, 09:31 PM
I have to say that yesterday the support in our area of West Lower was pretty supportive - yes some groaning and moaning but no abuse...mostly disappointment that we never quite got the fluency we were hoping for

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 09:47 PM

I'd love to sit in a section of the ground where abuse is rarely dished out at the players. I've only been back for two seasons (after having a break to have my kids). I don't recall ever hearing the amount of abuse I hear now.

I attend the games with my son. I'm sick of the abuse directed at Alan Maybury by some fans..... There is not a game goes by when some HIBS player is not given pelters.....

When Hibs lost their goal yesterday a guy two rows behind me was venomous, arrogant, vile and totally blew his top at the team (If you are reading this you know who you are.... West Lower.... I'm the person who was scowling at you and probably looked like I was wishing you'd find the exit and GTF!.....my ear drums and head couldn't take much more of your encouraging behaviour towards the team!!!).

Which section of West Lower were you?

Your experience sounds similar to mine.

B.H.F.C
08-12-2013, 10:00 PM
I have to say that yesterday the support in our area of West Lower was pretty supportive - yes some groaning and moaning but no abuse...mostly disappointment that we never quite got the fluency we were hoping for

Yep I agree with that. There was frustration at times which is always going to happen if you're losing a game.

IMO I dont think the abuse is anywhere as bad as what people make out.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Yep I agree with that. There was frustration at times which is always going to happen if you're losing a game.

You may be more tolerant or maybe you don't witness it, but it's exactly as bad as people make out.

Long term supporters have said that it's one of the things that stops them from going to games.

That means it's bad.

Hibby 2005
08-12-2013, 10:20 PM
You may be more tolerant or maybe you don't witness it, but it's exactly as bad as people make out.

Long term supporters have said that it's one of the things that stops them from going to games.

That means it's bad.

I was at the game, sitting in the FF, and I was surprised at how quiet the Hibs support were given it was Butcher's first home game.

I also didn't hear much abuse of players, more a general acceptance of what was on display.

B.H.F.C
08-12-2013, 10:43 PM

That means it's bad.

All about opinions (and tolerance levels) but I just don't see it. Admittedly there was quite a few times it got heated when Fenlon was there but I've never seen anything that would make me want to stop going.

I can understand the football stopping folk going but people in the crowd moaning and abusing players I don't get. It all stems from what we are watching. If the results turn around and we are winning and playing well on a regular basis I'm sure the same people will all come back.

soda70
08-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Lets start a thread after every home game, which will be for specifically to name and shame the seat number of all the stupid people who abuse their own players. :agree:

lord bunberry
08-12-2013, 11:23 PM

I sit up the back of the east in section 24, just along from the section 23 guys. The atmosphere there is generally quite positive. Every now and again someone will lose the plot but its pretty rare. I've got a feeling that that area is mostly populated by walk up fans so we're not subjected to the same people moaning week after week.

Hibrandenburg
09-12-2013, 06:32 AM

It's always been the same at Easter Road, I can remember Turnbull's Tornadoes getting it hard from the old west enclosure when I started going to the games. I never understood it but always thought that those who did abuse their own were transferring their frustration from real life problems onto our players.

Me, I've got a punch bag at home with a Hearts strip on who gets a regular pummeling.

greenpaper55
09-12-2013, 06:53 AM
I would think we must have some of the best supporters in the land when we can get 10k turning up week after week after the nonsense that has been served up !.

Jack
09-12-2013, 07:15 AM
In the past threads like this would attract those who think its their right to abuse players having paid their 22 quid.

Could it be the reaction they got here from decent supporters means they're now staying away from this thread in fear they themselves would be subject to abuse, folk questioning their actions?

A typically cowardly reaction and definitely worth a try to challenge these numpties at matches.

In the early days of Sect43 there were some numpties who were challenged by a few brave soles and the reaction of others backing them up made getting rid of them easier. Its a very positive part of the ground to be in these days. Peer pressure is a powerful thing.

Of course now the numpties are in other parts of the ground is all Sect43s fault ;-)

Ronniekirk
09-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Aromatherapy In the bogs - "smell to get well" - V. Reeves ;)
That reminds me you could hardly breathe in the bogs on saturday Passive Smoking Kills.Just saying like.

Hibbyradge
09-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I would think we must have some of the best supporters in the land when we can get 10k turning up week after week after the nonsense that has been served up !.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'best', but they're certainly loyal.

There's not been much joy at Easter Road for a good few years. If the fans can tolerate that, they're going to be ecstatic when things start improving.

Of course, all Hibs supporters are the best. :agree:

matty_f
09-12-2013, 08:17 AM

No, Joe T was in the team when I started going but at least there was more abuse directed at the opposition than there was at Joe, and that's saying something.

hibsbollah
09-12-2013, 08:20 AM

Self evidently that depends where you sit. I can tell you for a fact the bellend behind me is spoiling the matchday experience for lots of people. The question for me now is what I do about it.

jane_says
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
The lovely chaps around me yesterday really showed their support for the team - giving it tight to Handling after eight minutes, screaming "You're so ***** it's unbelievable" at a player after he had a shot saved (I think it was Collins or Jones), giving it tight to any players in a green and white shirt who came near us the whole game.

Butcher has it spot on when he approaches everything in a positive manner, but apparently he's "clueless" according to those ********s as well.

I don't know how we improve this at the ground - it can't do any good for players confidence. I have Dundee Hibs and sheep supporting mates who have dragged me along to games vs our neighbours a couple of times we really are the worst for abusing our own players and getting on their backs.

Sometimes it's unbelievable the stuff these experts come out with. The only time one has shut up was when a guy near me started giving a boo boy it tight back, sarcastically applauding his backing for the team. The guy didn't say a peep after that

jane_says
09-12-2013, 08:43 AM

In all seriousness LB, where do you sit? I want to take my 9 year old brother to a game but no way is he coming and sitting where I sit.

Brightside
09-12-2013, 08:51 AM
West Lower near the away end is normally all right.. there is the occasional FFS... but nothing too bad. Quite a few families in that area. There was also loads of space when half of the stand left at 85 mins!!

matty_f
09-12-2013, 08:59 AM
West Lower near the away end is normally all right.. there is the occasional FFS... but nothing too bad. Quite a few families in that area. There was also loads of space when half of the stand left at 85 mins!!

That's where I sit . There's one guy that pins a flag up right at the back that just gets on everyone's case but he's called down a bit since Wotherspoon left. A few folk have had a go at him to get him to stop moaning but he generally gets aggressive with the folk that do. Apart from him that area is good. Had season tickets there for a few years now.

lord bunberry
09-12-2013, 10:02 AM
In all seriousness LB, where do you sit? I want to take my 9 year old brother to a game but no way is he coming and sitting where I sit.

Up the back of the east in section 24

Hedlund12
09-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Which section of West Lower were you?

Your experience sounds similar to mine.

West Lower Row Q 156.... I'm hoping the eardrum killer was a one off! If not I'll be moving seats....(The Maybury bashing is not a one off but when it gets too much I let the guys know!!)

s.a.m
09-12-2013, 11:09 AM
West Lower Row Q 156.... I'm hoping the eardrum killer was a one off! If not I'll be moving seats....(The Maybury bashing is not a one off but when it gets too much I let the guys know!!)

I know who you mean, though I sit nearer the front, so I've never actually seen him. Very angry man, with a particular (and exceptionally LOUD) grievance against Maybury. Needs to take up yoga.:agree:

flash
09-12-2013, 11:14 AM
I know who you mean, though I sit nearer the front, so I've never actually seen him. Very angry man, with a particular (and exceptionally LOUD) grievance against Maybury. Needs to take up yoga.:agree:

If that's the boy that called Maybury "a Hertz b....ard" on Saturday then his time is coming.

IWasThere2016
09-12-2013, 11:36 AM

Speaks volumes.

:top marks It's of no value to anyone tbh!

I was in the FF lower too - row H - I heard some abuse of the players but it was a lot less than I expected.

Diclonius
09-12-2013, 11:39 AM
There was a period in the second half where someone made a comment about Handling along the lines of "why does he even ****in' get a game for us, Butcher".

I dunno, so he could score the winner for us last week? **** off.

B.H.F.C
09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
There was a period in the second half where someone made a comment about Handling along the lines of "why does he even ****in' get a game for us, Butcher".

I dunno, so he could score the winner for us last week? **** off.

It's all about opinions though. If someone is sitting at a game and thinks a player is performing poorly then they are entitled to voice their opinion. However, if someone is throwing personal abuse at a player then that's a different story. If nobody voiced there opinions at football game the it would be a pretty boring place. And hibs.net wouldn't exist.

I agree that there will always be people going a bit over the top. I reckon in the majority of cases it's just frustration because people want us to do better.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Linked...?

smoking ban
Hibs poor form
Increase in twallies

The solution?
... Obvious - Bring back smoking ;) [ps. i say this for comedic value as a non-smoker]

lord bunberry
09-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Linked...?

smoking ban
Hibs poor form
Increase in twallies

The solution?
... Obvious - Bring back smoking ;) [ps. i say this for comedic value as a non-smoker]

You might be on to something there

Sammy7nil
09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
I would blame someone who abuses the team while they are playing the game, by all means let them know how you feel after the game, but shouting abuse at the team or an individual player does no help at all.

If you feel you are getting no value watching the team, don't go.

A lot of people have already decide to do just that a few years back and the crowds have not yet recovered.
I am not sure Hibs can afford for many more to stop going.

--------
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Linked...?

smoking ban
Hibs poor form
Increase in twallies

The solution?

I seem to remember some years ago detecting wafts of a somewhat exotic fragrance exuding from the ranks of the Famous Five Stand at half-time.

Smoking? Yup. Tobacco? Maybe, but then again, maybe not. But something. :wink:

Maybe the club should issue happy pills at the turnstiles - make a rule that you have to take them as a condition of entry.

Purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
A lot of people have already decide to do just that a few years back and the crowds have not yet recovered.
I am not sure Hibs can afford for many more to stop going.

I certainly wont go now if i think the product on show is not worth the time and effort, and i think more and more people are thinking this way.

marinello59
09-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I certainly wont go now if i think the product on show is not worth the time and effort, and i think more and more people are thinking this way.

When you start describing a Hibs match as 'product' you are lost anyway. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2013, 05:19 PM
When you start describing a Hibs match as 'product' you are lost anyway. :greengrin

:greengrin Aye i probably should have used another word, but i do feel that more folk are thinking this way these days, probably because of price and what they are getting for their money.

The products been pish for too long, it needs to improve. :wink:

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 08:51 PM
If that's the boy that called Maybury "a Hertz b....ard" on Saturday then his time is coming.

Good to hear it :agree:

s.a.m
09-12-2013, 08:58 PM

:agree: That's the fellae.

Islington Hibs
10-12-2013, 09:35 AM
There are many reasons one goes to the football. For some it is family tradition, for other a few beers with mates and take the game in, yet more a few hours away from the wife. What is clear however (and it ain't rocket science) is that when the team plays well crowds go up! So entertainment and having a good time are a large part of it.

My entertainment is absolutely spoiled if there is a negative vibe. I don't want to be around people shouting abuse. Sure watching Hibs can be frustrating and at times soul destroying but lets at least go and try and have a good time. The Cup Final was a great example of a positive vide. yes we lost but I'll bet most us enjoyed the day- I certainly did. Same reason people enjoy away games as there is usually a good vibe. For some people (a small minority) to shout abuse constantly is creating a really poor home vibe and to do it during Butcher's very fist home game is frankly bizarre. Football is about confidence and these boo boys are ruining it for others and ruining the teams confidence.

I have a couple of suggestions either please don't attend or perhaps the club should open a special booing pen where these morons can abuse each other. Stewards could then frogmarch offenders elsewhere to the booing section where the rest of us can jeer them. It is a serious suggestion.

Newcastlehibby
10-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Enforcement of the ground rules may be the answer as follows: No 10-

spectators persisting in the use of foul and abusive language etc are liable to be ejected and even banned.

Removing a few of the offenders would soon get the message across.

RIP
10-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I have a couple of suggestions either please don't attend or perhaps the club should open a special booing pen where these morons can abuse each other. Stewards could then frogmarch offenders elsewhere to the booing section where the rest of us can jeer them. It is a serious suggestion.

Enforcement of the ground rules may be the answer as follows: No 10- spectators persisting in the use of foul and abusive language etc are liable to be ejected and even banned. Removing a few of the offenders would soon get the message across.

I will raise these ideas at the get-together with Hibs management at the Hibs Club on Thursday.

It's high time we had proper stewarding at ER, there's zero crowd control. On Saturday we had maybe 200 Jags fans yet dozens of polis, 2 police cordon vans, police horses etc. Stewards and polis getting paid for doing hee haw in my opinion

lord bunberry
10-12-2013, 12:34 PM

spectators persisting in the use of foul and abusive language etc are liable to be ejected and even banned.

So we're going to start chucking people out for swearing. I suspect that the amount of people who are seriously annoyed by some idiot shouting abuse is far less than the amount of idiots shouting the abuse. Maybe if it's such a problem having to listen to people shouting at a football match then perhaps*it's them who should have their own section where there's no swearing allowed, in fact I find it quite strange that such a section doesn't already exist. Other than on here I've never spoken to anyone who has an issue with other fans at easter road, I wonder how much of an issue it actually is.

B.H.F.C
10-12-2013, 12:36 PM

If you tried to stop people swearing at football you would end up halving the crowds

hibby rae
10-12-2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-22265109

Apparently this works at uni during exams, they're doing it again this year. Anyone getting a bit too stressed should be taken to the side and given a puppy for a couple of minutes! :greengrin

Hedlund12
11-12-2013, 12:13 PM
So we're going to start chucking people out for swearing. I suspect that the amount of people who are seriously annoyed by some idiot shouting abuse is far less than the amount of idiots shouting the abuse. Maybe if it's such a problem having to listen to people shouting at a football match then perhaps*it's them who should have their own section where there's no swearing allowed, in fact I find it quite strange that such a section doesn't already exist. Other than on here I've never spoken to anyone who has an issue with other fans at easter road, I wonder how much of an issue it actually is.

I can cope with shouting and swearing...I'm sure everyone does it at some point. (You hear swearing in songs at the footie). What I don't like is constant (aggressive) abuse directed at certain players and the team.

I'd love to see one of the players jump the fence and react to one of the culprits.

Like another poster has said the aggressive/swearing/loud mouth type of behaviour breeds negativity, if I leave ER in a bad mood I don't want it being because of a loud mouthed know it all two rows behind me.

One other ST holder has already indicated to me he is seriously considering moving seats. He comes to the games on his own. I'm not suggesting this problem is bigger than it really is but IMHO as a ST holder it's defo worse now than it was for me 10 years ago. I will move seats though if I have to.

Fergus52
11-12-2013, 12:36 PM

No one once said that.

Try reading the posts properly next time :aok:

lord bunberry
11-12-2013, 01:00 PM
No one once said that.

Try reading the posts properly next time :aok:

Maybe no one said that in this thread, but ive read on numerous occasions that our poor home record is down to the negative nature of the fans.

Islington Hibs
11-12-2013, 03:57 PM
:

I don't mind a bit of swearing, although I do think there should be a no swearing family section. What I object to is the negativity of some guys. A key ingredient is confidence and one aspect of that is encouragement. If a player is barracked he closes up every time he gets the ball. Sure there is more to it than that but the atmosphere at ER can be very unforgiving and can turn very quickly if thing start to go wrong.

Sure I have sworn myself (although not very often :wink: ) but constant booing and picking on player not only hits confidence it ruins the game for others. Think about it if you were attending for the very first time and al you heard was a negative atmosphere would you o back? Probably not. The footie can't be guaranteed but lets at least try and have a good time.

Northernhibee
11-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Maybe no one said that in this thread, but ive read on numerous occasions that our poor home record is down to the negative nature of the fans.

But would you agree on any level that it doesn't help the situation?

I understand you don't think the abuse towards players has gotten worse, but why can't we look to make it better?

lord bunberry
11-12-2013, 05:12 PM
But would you agree on any level that it doesn't help the situation?

I understand you don't think the abuse towards players has gotten worse, but why can't we look to make it better?

I totally agree with you that abusing our own players is counterproductive, I just don't think its gotten any worse recently. When the team is doing badly the atmosphere is poor so you tend to hear these people a lot more. I also don't think it's the fans that are at fault for our poor home record as some have suggested.

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM

I'd say 99% of the folk are saying its part of the problem, it does not help wouldn't you agree?

Northernhibee
11-12-2013, 05:35 PM
In TB's first interview with Hibs TV he said that everyone at the club needs to up their game - including the Hibs TV interviewer! Has to be said, there's more interviews and updates on Hibs TV since he joined the club too.

I'm probably not the best positioned to suggest how we do it (I work in a job where I get one or two weekends off a month and use these to go to games and see family on the way back so don't attend as many games as I'd like) but I'd love us to do something as fans to show we're doing the same - new management, new mindset in every single corner of our stadium and East Mains too.

TB's all about positivity and I'd love to run with that mindset. See what we can all achieve.

lord bunberry
11-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I'd say 99% of the folk are saying its part of the problem, it does not help wouldn't you agree?

I certainly do agree. What I don't agree with is that it's anymore part of the problem now than it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago. There's been a suggestion by a few posters on other threads that our poor home from is because the players don't like playing at easter road. The fact is most punters haven't liked the dross we've had to watch for the last few years, but the vast majority of us have been either supportive or remained quiet, it's a tiny minority of fans who are shouting abuse at the players.

Hedlund12
12-12-2013, 09:49 AM
I will raise these ideas at the get-together with Hibs management at the Hibs Club on Thursday.

It's high time we had proper stewarding at ER, there's zero crowd control. On Saturday we had maybe 200 Jags fans yet dozens of polis, 2 police cordon vans, police horses etc. Stewards and polis getting paid for doing hee haw in my opinion

Gogs, Good suggestion...can you let me know outcome of you raising your points at meeting please. Thanks

RIP
12-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I certainly do agree. What I don't agree with is that it's anymore part of the problem now than it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago. There's been a suggestion by a few posters on other threads that our poor home from is because the players don't like playing at easter road. The fact is most punters haven't liked the dross we've had to watch for the last few years, but the vast majority of us have been either supportive or remained quiet, it's a tiny minority of fans who are shouting abuse at the players.

I agree with you about size and scale. 40 years ago we heard sang IRA songs at Easter Road, people drank out of Export cans then used them to pee and at Weegie away games your bus windaes were at risk from bricks. Football has mostly moved on and now there's better behaviour, more families and more wummin at games.

We wouldnae get away with swearing out loud in the pictures or swearing at the band at a gig. Abuse in a nighclub is usually dealt with by ejection. It's all about not spoiling other peoples enjoyment and avoiding personal abuse directed in peoples lugs

Gogs, Good suggestion...can you let me know outcome of you raising your points at meeting please. Thanks

Aye - will do summary notes from this get-together :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Personally I dont abuse individual players.

There are a few folk who have equated our poor home form with the negative crowd at ER whereas our away form is better with a supportive Hibs crowd in the grounds.

For me this goes back to the ER singing section who are having little impact stuck up in the East. At away matches the by definition most enthusiastic supporters are congregated into one section of the groung and as a result its easier to get singing and chanting going and keep it going.

In the East you have a few hundred in sect 43 who I've no doubt are hardly encouraged by the fact that the songs they start are rarely taken up by the 3 or 4 thousand in the stand. Having the singing section in the FF would IMO make a huge difference. Unfortunately I cant see this happening because I dont think the club are up for it.

I have to admit at this point that for a number of reasons I have had little involvment with the fans looking into this since my initial input. So my last sentence is based on a feeling rather than any actual information.

Hedlund12
12-12-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree with you about size and scale. 40 years ago we heard sang IRA songs at Easter Road, people drank out of Export cans then used them to pee and at Weegie away games your bus windaes were at risk from bricks. Football has mostly moved on and now there's better behaviour, more families and more wummin at games.

We wouldnae get away with swearing out loud in the pictures or swearing at the band at a gig. Abuse in a nighclub is usually dealt with by ejection. It's all about not spoiling other peoples enjoyment and avoiding personal abuse directed in peoples lugs

Aye - will do summary notes from this get-together :thumbsup:

Green Bum GrassyAss!!

p.s. saw Judy Murray was at ER at the weekend supporting the cabbage... could you imagine her sitting in the crowd at Wimbledon watching Andy.... some demented fan turns on him and starts giving him verbal diarrhea because they are unhappy with his perfomance! Just wouldn't happen would it so why should we put up with it at ER!!