PDA

View Full Version : Robertson

Hibs1992
08-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Thought one thing that was glaringly apparent yesterday was how important Scott Robertson is to our team. He has been our best player this season in my opinion, but I didn't realised how important he was until we actually played a game without him. The central pairing of Jones and Craig was totally lacking in pace and energy and was left chasing shadows by the Partick midfield for a lot of the game.

Robertson has also been the midfielder most likely to pick up the ball in the centre of the park and drive forward with it, something that nobody in the team did at all today apart from Cairney on a couple of occasions and Cummings once when he came on and strecthed their defence straight away. Whether we would have been better with Taiwo is hard to say as he's been disappointing this season, but he at least offers a bit more urgency and energy than Jones and Craig.

Anyway, was good to see the team grind out some sort of result after a bad day at the office. Reckon that goal could be important in the context of our season, another home defeat without scoring a goal would have been really demoralising and brought any momentum under Butcher to a halt, so hopefully the team can put in a decent show at Celtic no matter the result and then come back to Easter Road with a lot more confidence than has been on show at home this season.

:flag:

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Need Robertson back pronto!!

hfc rd
08-12-2013, 09:22 AM
I agree with the OP. Robertson was a big miss yesterday. Hope he's back for the match at Darkheid against the smellies next week.

Steven_Hibs
08-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Still think another CM isn't what we are missing. It's width and creativity. None of our players have this maybe apart from zoubir. But once he gets the ball, he's got no one to pass to for linking up.

Ozyhibby
08-12-2013, 09:54 AM
100% agree with the OP. He was a big miss yesterday.

hibsbollah
08-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I thought the same thing throughout. Good post.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Robertson is a midfielder that makes things happen for us. The replacements for him are by in large midfielders that stop things happening to us.

Leithenhibby
08-12-2013, 11:11 AM
OP is spot on. :agree:

He was a big miss yesterday and the way that PT ran the centre mid was so easy for them at times. Progress is being made, still undefeated under TB :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chris-Paterson-Signed-Scotland-Rugby-World-Cup-Shirt-/181276587038

Borderhibbie76
08-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Thought one thing that was glaringly apparent yesterday was how important Scott Robertson is to our team. He has been our best player this season in my opinion, but I didn't realised how important he was until we actually played a game without him. The central pairing of Jones and Craig was totally lacking in pace and energy and was left chasing shadows by the Partick midfield for a lot of the game.

Robertson has also been the midfielder most likely to pick up the ball in the centre of the park and drive forward with it, something that nobody in the team did at all today apart from Cairney on a couple of occasions and Cummings once when he came on and strecthed their defence straight away. Whether we would have been better with Taiwo is hard to say as he's been disappointing this season, but he at least offers a bit more urgency and energy than Jones and Craig.

Anyway, was good to see the team grind out some sort of result after a bad day at the office. Reckon that goal could be important in the context of our season, another home defeat without scoring a goal would have been really demoralising and brought any momentum under Butcher to a halt, so hopefully the team can put in a decent show at Celtic no matter the result and then come back to Easter Road with a lot more confidence than has been on show at home this season.

:flag:

Great post and 100% agree robbo has been our best player by far this season and he offers us a drive that none of our other cm's offer. I also think that last min goal may well turn out to be an important turning point in our season