PDA

View Full Version : kicking the ball away

matty_f
08-12-2013, 12:16 AM
I lost count of the number of times Partick kicked the ball away when fouls were given against them today yet it took until well into the second half for the ref to do anything about it.

Contrast that with the urgency of the tit of a referee last week who couldn't book Cairney quickly enough for knocking the ball a few yards away. It's no wonder we question that Bawbag's integrity.

WestEndHibee
08-12-2013, 01:26 AM
I lost count of the number of times Partick kicked the ball away when fouls were given against them today yet it took until well into the second half for the ref to do anything about it.

Contrast that with the urgency of the tit of a referee last week who couldn't book Cairney quickly enough for knocking the ball a few yards away. It's no wonder we question that Bawbag's integrity.

I was thinking the same thing today. Surely rules like this aren't open to interpretation. Having said that though I'd opt for thompson's approach. I'd prefer players were booked for any sort of time wasting.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-12-2013, 01:37 AM
All that's needed is consistency in the implementation of these rules.

We are never going to get that from the SFA or their chief muppet Craig Thomson.

I think last week would have been the final straw for those on .net who only question his poor standard of refereeing opposed to a bias against us

Eyrie
08-12-2013, 10:50 AM
I was thinking the same thing today. Surely rules like this aren't open to interpretation. Having said that though I'd opt for thompson's approach. I'd prefer players were booked for any sort of time wasting.

Except Craig Henry Edward Albert Thomson's approach is only applied when it's a Hibs player.

There is something to be said for a consistently strict approach which eliminates any discretion, and over time players will learn to adapt. In the short term though there would be squeals of outrage when players are booked for breaking the new rule.

matty_f
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Most of the Partick ones were "nothing" incidents, they didn't really hold things up and went really that bad, though it got more noticeable later in the game. I wouldn't have booked them for the early ones but I wouldn't have booked Cairney either. Still think his first booking last week was scandalous.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Most of the Partick ones were "nothing" incidents, they didn't really hold things up and went really that bad, though it got more noticeable later in the game. I wouldn't have booked them for the early ones but I wouldn't have booked Cairney either. Still think his first booking last week was scandalous.

:agree: You hardly ever see a player getting booked for the incident that Cairney was involved in last week, unless they've done it on numerous occasions throughout the game and they've already been warned by the referee.

That didn't apply to Cairney.

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2013, 07:50 PM
His first yellow last week looked like it was more down to the actions of the Ross county player waving his arms all over the place greetin, look what he did Mr thomson

VivaHiberņa
08-12-2013, 08:57 PM
All that's needed is consistency in the implementation of these rules.

We are never going to get that from the SFA or their chief muppet Craig Thomson.

I think last week would have been the final straw for those on .net who only question his poor standard of refereeing opposed to a bias against us

:agree:

Any benefit of the doubt I gave him has vanished.