PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

hibsbollah
07-12-2013, 06:46 PM
A largely disappointing performance from everyone, especially after all the optimism after Ross County. Happily take the point and move on.

Williams 7 MOTM. Some important early saves made up for some wayward distribution, and it says something that the best deliveries from free kicks today, and the one that led to the goal, was from our keeper.

Maybury 4
Hanlon 4 kris Doolan dominated him all day. Distribution poor.
Forster 4 started well but the mistake for the goal seemed to affect his confidence.
McGivern 4 good strike from distance aside, I thought he was poor throughout.

Cairney 6 Doesn't look fit yet, but just has a better weight of pass than we've been used to recently.
Jones 4 Gets bullied a lot for someone of his size. One nice run second half.
Craig 5 Not up to his usual standards.
Stevenson 6 Our best player early on. Obviously been told to get forward more under Butcher.

Handling 4 Barely noticed him
Collins 4 Pretty dire for 89 minutes. Just can't seem to bring others into the game either. Stunned and delighted when he scored and I just hope he gets confidence from it.

Subs
Cummings. looks really dangerous running with the ball. One Shocking miss but I'd be tempted to start him soon.

Zoubir. Bullied off the ball again and again.

Nelson. Good to see him back.

Ref-best I've seen for a while. Let the game flow.
Butcher watch-I liked all the subs. Moving to 4-3-3 worked well. Worried by some of the aimless punts upfield though.

Andy74
07-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Craig is wasted centrally.

Interesting to hear Jackie NcNamara today saying it was crucial when pushing forward that his two sitting midfield players didn't get dragged too far in to the attacking third.

Maybury had one of those days.

Cairney had some decent runs.

Stevenson should play full back or not at all.

Handling..I still don't see it.

Not much to say on the others.

Overall it's nice to see the ball in the box a bit but I don't think we need to be quite so long and early the whole time.

bingo70
07-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Disagree with a fair chunk of that Tbh.

Thought hanlon had a decent game, it was Forster that had a mare.

OTJ had a good second half, couple of awful shots but at least he was trying to drive forward, certainly wasn't bullied at any stage of that game.

Stevenson tries but if that was him trying to get forward more then he needs to give up trying to play that position, he never did anything?!

Collins worked hard but the service he got was rotten, we spent the game lumping balls into him that were a piece of piss for there defence

Handling, I noticed him plenty, just a shame it was normally for him giving the ball away, had an absolute shocker.

Bobby's Cinema
07-12-2013, 06:59 PM
A largely disappointing performance from everyone, especially after all the optimism after Ross County. Happily take the point and move on.

Williams 7 MOTM. Some important early saves made up for some wayward distribution, and it says something that the best deliveries from free kicks today, and the one that led to the goal, was from our keeper.

Maybury 4
Forster 4 started well but the mistake for the goal seemed to affect his confidence.

Cairney 6 Doesn't look fit yet, but just has a better weight of pass than we've been used to recently.
Stevenson 6 Our best player early on. Obviously been told to get forward more under Butcher.

Collins 4 Pretty dire for 89 minutes. Just can't seem to bring others into the game either. Stunned and delighted when he scored and I just hope he gets confidence from it.

Subs
Cummings. looks really dangerous running with the ball. One Shocking miss but I'd be tempted to start him soon.

Butcher watch-I liked all the subs. Moving to 4-3-3 worked well. Worried by some of the aimless punts upfield though.
I'd agree with the 6. But his weight of pass let him down in the first half, Handling should have been through with the keeper.Looks promising though :agree:

Up The Bracket
07-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Williams - 7 - Few good saves early on, helpless at the goal

Maybury - 4 - Torn apart in the first half, less so in the second but still wasteful

Hanlon - 6 - Pretty solid, covered for Forster all game

Forster - 3 - Far from good enough today, at fault for the goal and I'd bring Nelson back in next week

McGiven - 3 - Wasteful, all over the place at the back, really needs to buck up his ideas, it's not enough to turn up once every 4 weeks.

Cairney - 5 - Poor first half, better second, was baffled by him being picked for MoTM but he wasn't the worst today

Tudur Jones - 4 - Anonymous

Craig - 4 - See Tudur Jones

Stevenson - 5 - Gave his all but he's not a LM for me

Collins - 7 - Fed off scraps, worked hard with no service, probably should have scored before but he got his goal eventually and hopefully he kicks on from here

Handling - 4 - Lightweight, created nothing, wasn't there last week to see his "improved" performance but I just don't see it with the him, would love to be proved wrong

Tyler Durden
07-12-2013, 07:23 PM

Maybury - 4 - Torn apart in the first half, less so in the second but still wasteful

Forster - 3 - Far from good enough today, at fault for the goal and I'd bring Nelson back in next week

McGiven - 3 - Wasteful, all over the place at the back, really needs to buck up his ideas, it's not enough to turn up once every 4 weeks.

Cairney - 5 - Poor first half, better second, was baffled by him being picked for MoTM but he wasn't the worst today

Collins - 7 - Fed off scraps, worked hard with no service, probably should have scored before but he got his goal eventually and hopefully he kicks on from here

Handling - 4 - Lightweight, created nothing, wasn't there last week to see his "improved" performance but I just don't see it with the him, would love to be proved wrong

I agree with majority of this although think you're slightly harsh on Cairney.

Totally disagree on the centre backs though. For me Hanlon was the bigger culprit for their goal, his attempt to stop Doolan was pathetic. Symptomatic IMO of his general lack of heart and aggression. Nelson in his place next week for me.

Agree re Collins though, not sure what people expect when he is getting punts into his head all game. Handling was very disappointing after last week.

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't think handling is good enough, he'll grab the odd goal but he can't go passed anyone and definitely isn't strong enough.

Forster had a poor game but this was crystallised by one bad mistake.

Jones is a big fairy. He can't it chooses not to run and doesn't impose himself, look at Isaac Osborne today, ran the midfield and was everywhere.

Stevenson was poos as well but I reckon this is an area we are looking at.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Crab apple
07-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Disagree with a fair chunk of that Tbh.

Thought hanlon had a decent game, it was Forster that had a mare.

OTJ had a good second half, couple of awful shots but at least he was trying to drive forward, certainly wasn't bullied at any stage of that game.

Stevenson tries but if that was him trying to get forward more then he needs to give up trying to play that position, he never did anything?!

Collins worked hard but the service he got was rotten, we spent the game lumping balls into him that were a piece of piss for there defence

Handling, I noticed him plenty, just a shame it was normally for him giving the ball away, had an absolute shocker.

That's pretty much how I saw it. Handling losing possession started the move that led to the Thistle goal. Cairney was decent and offers a different option for us but TB is still working with a team that lacks pace, width and creativity. Good to see Nelson back on the pitch. I thought Osbourne was the best player on the field today and their left back was decent too.

1875er
07-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Yep agreed re Osbourne thought he was best player on the park today. Thought OTJ, very very poor.

Hiber-nation
07-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Craig is wasted centrally.

Interesting to hear Jackie NcNamara today saying it was crucial when pushing forward that his two sitting midfield players didn't get dragged too far in to the attacking third.

Maybury had one of those days.

Cairney had some decent runs.

Stevenson should play full back or not at all.

Handling..I still don't see it.

Not much to say on the others.

Overall it's nice to see the ball in the box a bit but I don't think we need to be quite so long and early the whole time.

Spot on :agree:

Hiber-nation
07-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Yep agreed re Osbourne thought he was best player on the park today. Thought OTJ, very very poor.

Yep it summed the game up perfectly that a player who can't control or pass a ball all that well was man of the match by a mile. Won everything in midfield.

hibbymick
07-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Williams -6

Maybury - 5

Hanlon - 6

Forster - 6

McGiven - 5

Cairney - 5

Tudur Jones - 4

Craig - 5

Stevenson - 5

Collins - 5

Handling - 4

hibees 7062
07-12-2013, 09:01 PM

Liked what ive seen of him today and on telly :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Handling was actually at fault for the goal with that brutal touch from the throw. Still can't believe we went from a throw right in their corner to losing a goal in about 10 seconds!
I really like Lewis but I would have a starting midfield of Craig...KT...Robbo...Cairney if all fit. Craig is better on the left

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Osbourne got emptied from Aberdeen cause he wasn't very good. Probably poorer than his brother. Completely dominated us from start to finish today though

Hibeez Boy!xx
07-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Jason Cummings looks a player.
Threatening with the ball at his feet. Think he is a one to watch - and keep from the weegies

number9dream
07-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Osbourne got emptied from Aberdeen cause he wasn't very good. Probably poorer than his brother. Completely dominated us from start to finish today though

Dons wanted to keep him but he knocked them back to return south, couldn't find a club and ended up at Firhill on half the wage he was on at Pittodrie. Best player on show today...

jodjam
07-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Dons wanted to keep him but he knocked them back to return south, couldn't find a club and ended up at Firhill on half the wage he was on at Pittodrie. Best player on show today...

Curious as to how you know he's on half his wage he was on at dons.

wookie70
07-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Williams 7 Couple of good saves in first half. No fault for goal but wasn't too involved

Maybury 4 Worse I have seen him play for a good while. He couldn't get close to Higginbottom while he was on. One really bad error trying to be too clever
Hanlon 6 Thought he played well. Some great passes and never done too much wrong
Forster 4 Should have halved the boy for their goal and taken the booking. Never looked comfortable after that error
McGivern 5 I still think his positional play is poor but worked hard and tried to get forward which led to one superb strike

Cairney 7 My MOTM. Looks like he could get back to last seasons form. Some nice wee runs and looks one of our few creative players
Jones 6 Over shadowed by Osborne but still think OTJ had a decent game breaking up play. One squiggler nearly went in but two other shots went off the radar screen.
Craig 5 Never really involved. I liked him better out wide
Stevenson 6 Tried hard but crossing was poor. Does huge amounts of work to collect the ball only to knock the ball back to McGivern. I think he should take more chances in the oppositions half

Handling 4 First touch really poor and nothing really worked for him
Collins 5 Aimless, lost ball nearly every time he had it. I can't see a player their at all. Scored with his third really good chance and marks awarded for the goal. really can't fault his effort but I would rather he took a rest at times so he could make some quality runs rather than chasing shadows.

Subs
Cummings. Judging by the form of our other strikers he deserves a start or more time. Shocking miss but I think he was still trying to remember the instruction from TB to sort the shape of the team out.

Zoubir. Showed a couple of flashes

Nelson. Nice to see the big man back

Ref-Can't remember shouting at him so he must have had a good game.

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2013, 10:28 PM

Agree with all that, bar Hanlon. He was terrible, I'd give him a 3, and I'd give Cairney one of Collins 7.

Northernhibee
07-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Williams - 7

Maybury -6
Hanlon - 7
Forster - 5 Not his best game
McGivern - 6 Gets into some really good positions

Cairney - 8 Wants the ball and looks tricky.
Jones - 6 Good solid performance
Craig - 6
Stevenson - 5 Not at his best

Handling - 5
Collins - 7 Great work ethic and nicely taken goal.

Zoubir 4 - Needs to learn to take one less touch each time and do the basics right
Cummings - 5
Nelson - 7

500miles
07-12-2013, 10:42 PM
We had the most chances on target, off target, possession, corners missed sitters and had a stonewall pen turned down. Patrick better than us? Nonsense.

ehf
07-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Agree with all that, bar Hanlon. He was terrible, I'd give him a 3, and I'd give Cairney one of Collins 7.

Carney deserves his 7 because he turned the game. About 10 mins before the end he got the ball on left touch line and drove forward with grit and guts, beat about three players. Before then, we were flagging and dispirited, but after that, we threw everything at them and got our reward.

Collins is being forced to play a role that he's not suited suited for: we wouldn't expect Heff or Super Leigh to do that. Should have bought Higdon if that's the sort of striker we wanted.

Having said all that, Osbourne, Higginbottom and Doolan were all a cut above anything we had to offer, which is worrying but just part of the Fenlon legacy, I suppose.

hibees 7062
07-12-2013, 11:21 PM

Sure he played RB when i watched him and played really well

Davy Mac
08-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Williams - 6 Solid enough and celebrated the equaliser like everyone else

Maybury - 5 Experienced defending at times but disnae half go walkabout sometimes
Hanlon - 6 Did well initially, fell out the game/should have taken a booking for the team
Forster - 5 Like Hanlon patchy, and perhaps a bit side tracked with his new contract
McGivern - 6 Good forward positions but needs to whip in the crosses with more pace rather than hinging in the air ones

Cairney - 7 Hungry and determined, looking really good at the moment and deserved his MOM
Jones - 3 Not for me, this guy should be dominating his area, looked lazy and one paced.
Craig - 2 No leadership qualities shown on today's evidence and hugely disappointed with his performance, expected much more
Stevenson - 5 Crunching tackle and always looking for a opening but lacks belief within himself

Handling - 3 Well off the pace today, he'll be back I'm sure but TB will rotate until he is happy with his best 11
Collins - 6 Never gave up and deserved his goal, we still need a penalty box striker imo

Zoubir 2 - Sadly quite timid, easily brushed off the ball
Cummings - 4 Looked lively and injection of pace, look forward to seeing him more often
Nelson - 3 - Great to see him back, hopefully back in the starting line up next week

Ref - 7 decent
Fans - 5 Quiet but torture for the fans to watch

Drewster
08-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Thomson to replace OTJ is a no brainer, and Zoubir will become another Ricardo Vaz te
for Hibs unless he is given some proper game time and a chance to adjust!!?

He was fouled off the ball a couple of times today when he came on, but his close
control and creativity was sorely lacking before his introduction today!!!

Pretty Boy
08-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Williams 6

Maybury 6
Hanlon 6
Forster 5
McGivern 6

Tudor Jones 1 1st half 5 2nd
Stevenson 5
Craig 5
Cairney 7

Handling 4
Collins 5

Zoubir 2
Cummings 2
Nelson 5

GreenOnions
08-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Disagree with a lot of what's been said.

I thought Hanlon and Forster both defended well. Their goal is the first time I've seen Forster make an important mistake since he came into the first team.

Both our full backs were very poor today - particularly going forward. McGivern's passing and crossing was exceptionally poor. I think our full backs need to offer much more in an.attacking sense if we are to progress

Our midfield was completely brushed aside by Osbourne. Stevenson was our best midfielder today. We were a man fewer in midfield in order to accommodate Handling as a second stiker. This was inneffective as Danny did not justify his selection.

Craig worked hard and I felt Cairney looked dangerous but wasn't given the ball enough. ITJ struggled against their superior numbers.

Collins worked very hard but nissed another couple of sitters.Delighted to see him score though.

Cummings looked very promising when he came on.

Best for us on the day were Williams, Hanlon, Forster (apart from the goal), Stevenson and The little cameo from Cummings.

500miles
08-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Hibs had 16 shots at goal today, and a good few of them from just in front of the box. Please tell me how good he was at screening the defence, which is his job?

Saorsa
08-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Handling - 4 - Lightweight, created nothing, wasn't there last week to see his "improved" performance but I just don't see it with the him, would love to be proved wrongAgree with this, cannae believe that some folk think Hanlon was worse the Forster and it was Forster's mistake that cost the goal

truehibernian
08-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Agree with this, cannae believe that some folk think Hanlon was worse the Forster and it was Forster's mistake that cost the goal

Bit harsh on the pair of them DD - it was quite simply a wonderful goal. Doolan was just too skilful, it happens.

Thought we sat off Thistle at times when they had the ball - Craig and Jones weren't effective enough.

Love the directness of Cummings too - exactly what the front line needs.

hibsbollah
08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Bit harsh on the pair of them DD - it was quite simply a wonderful goal. Doolan was just too skilful, it happens.

Thought we sat off Thistle at times when they had the ball - Craig and Jones weren't effective enough.

Love the directness of Cummings too - exactly what the front line needs.

It was a brilliant goal. And although both Hanlon and Forster could have done better, it was their alround play throughout the game that nade me mark them down. Poor Distribution, powderpuff tackling, sclaffed clearances. Nelson please.

Gustavo Fring
08-12-2013, 12:24 PM
williams - 6.5 few good saves

maybury - 6 a bit slow but used the ball better than the other defenders
forster - 4 was all over the place and easily beaten for their goal
hanlon - 6 a bit shaky defending but got on the end of a few of our corners and set up the goal
mcgivern - 5 didnt think he was as bad as some are saying

cairney 7 - best hibs player
craig 5 - wasnt involved enough but hit a few decent corners
jones 6 - didnt think he was as bad as some are saying - put in a good shift
stevenson 5 - wasnt his best game

handling 3 - waste of a jersey , did nothing but lose the ball

collins 7 - ran cairney close for motm , ran himself into the ground and took his goal well

zoubir 6 - caused partick problems
cummings 5 - missed a sitter but still he looked lively and got into good positions

GreenOnions
08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
It was a brilliant goal. And although both Hanlon and Forster could have done better, it was their alround play throughout the game that nade me mark them down. Poor Distribution, powderpuff tackling, sclaffed clearances. Nelson please.

I agree that Doolan did very well for the goal and made the absolute most of the two Hibs errors that led to it (Handling and then Forster).

I don't understand the comments though that indicate Hanlon and Forster played poorly. I thought the opposite in fact.

I sense that much of the criticism results from the second half long balls up to Collins rather than actual defending reasons.

I'm not really convinced that they should take sole responsibility for this though. Our midfield were outnumbered and Osbourne was bossing the centre. Equally importantly - our full-backs were offering very little going forward in wide areas. Generaly I don't really remember many of our players offering shorter passing options to Hanlon and Forster after Thistle scored (except Zoubir).

I can't remember Forster making a mistake that led to a goal in any previous first team game so it would be very harsh to drop him after yesterday.

I'd like us to develop a settled central defensive partnership and with a bit of pace about it and hope TB sticks with Hanlon and Forster as a result

NAE NOOKIE
08-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Williams ............ 7 ...... solid as ever and no fault at the goal.

Maybury .......... 5 ....... Was OK but never going to offer anything in the other teams half.

Hanlon ............. 6 ...... Wasnt terrible, but needs to dominate more.

Forster ............ 5 ...... Not his best game, but he's still a kid and will get better.

McGivern ......... 5 ....... I expect more from him TBH he was OK but no real impact.

OTJ ............... 5 ........ He wasnt as honking as some are making out and I for one have no problem with a player shooting 10 yards wide, at least he was trying to score. He has the build and hight to dominate midfield, but just seems to struggle to get into games.

Craig ............ 5 ......... I expect a lot more from him ... just not in it yesterday, very little impact.

Cairney ........ 6 .......... Tried hard to get involved, but for me there wasnt enough end product ... he will get better.

Stevenson .... 5 ........ 100% effort as usual .... but I'm bewildered as to what he offers apart from that.

Handling ....... 4 ......... Dont know what was up yesterday ... no impact at all, he has a long way to go to convince me he is a starting option.

Collins ......... 6 .......... Ran and ran, got into scoring positions and deserved his goal ... needs to be more clinical when the chances come though.

Subs:

Zoubir ... 3 ... Needs to find space better, he will be more effective if he has a few yards to start his run in instead of standing with 3 players around him.

Nelson ... 4 ... chucked on as an extra forward and threw himself into it.

Cummings ... 5 ... Like his movement and he seems to make good runs .... I would love to see him get 90 minutes, this guy could be a star in the making. Dont ask me why I just have a really good feeling about him.

Shrekko
08-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Zoubir, for a guy that's still trying to adapt seems to take a lot of stick. I genuinely think he's capable of something when he came on and his control is normally spot on. He could come good.

On the other side of things, I just do not see what a lot of others are seeing in Handling at this point. Never seems in control of the ball or his body for that matter. Link up play non-existent for someone playing behind the striker, and like a lot of our forwards, loves a backwards pass.

bookert
08-12-2013, 09:37 PM

Maybury 4

Subs

Just saw this, can you tell me when Doolen dominated hanlon, I was at the game and the only time doolen got the better of hanlon was at the goal and that wad because forster let him turn and run of him

steviehibsleith
08-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Just watched there goal and agree with stuart lovell the fault lies with Hanlon , Forster was rash and a big mistake but this was just inside the Hibs half Hanlon allowed him to run all the way to the box with no challange at all . Forster or Hanlon will make way for Nelson next week Butcher wont accet that.

twiceinathens
08-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Just watched there goal and agree with stuart lovell the fault lies with Hanlon , Forster was rash and a big mistake but this was just inside the Hibs half Hanlon allowed him to run all the way to the box with no challange at all . Forster or Hanlon will make way for Nelson next week Butcher wont accet that.

The whole thing began because the ball was given away with a sloppy throw in as we were attacking

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Williams - 7

Maybury - 4
Hanlon - 4
Forster - 4
McGivern - 3.5

Cairney - 6
OTJ - 3
Craig - 5
Stevenson - 5

Handling - 4

Collins - 4.5

Brightside
09-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Just saw this, can you tell me when Doolen dominated hanlon, I was at the game and the only time doolen got the better of hanlon was at the goal and that wad because forster let him turn and run of him

Exactly. I do wonder what game people watch sometimes. Centre Midfield was out biggest problem on Sat, created nothing and didnt fight hard enough to win the ball. Craig needs Robertson in there.

hibbysam
09-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Hanlon got too square, but what you wanted him to do was risk being red carded in the first 5 minutes of the second half to tackle someone? Of anyone Forster should have taken the booking on halfway but once your one on one with the defender he cannot tackle you without the risk.. He still had to beat Williams! Although apart from that one incident I thought they were both solid... Danny handling was poor, but after last week and the confidence he had I'm more than prepared to put it down to an off day!

hibbeedavid
09-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Williams - 7 - good saves, not a lot he could have done with goal, not keen on continual humping ball forward

Maybury - 5 - not Alan's finest game, one of his poorer games in a Hibs shirt

Forster - 5 - not his best day, poor at their goal

Hanlon - 5 - still far too soft defensively, I can't see any SPFL striker shaking in their boots at the thought of facing this boy, I'd have Forster and Nelson, positive was he done well to set up goal

McGivern - 6 - not his best/ not his worst game, I rate him as a player but he's going through a patch of relatively poor form

Cairney - 7 - not afraid to take someone on, not often we can say that about a Hibs player

Craig - 5 - did he play?! Most involvement was during the coin tossing

Tudor-Jones - 4 - ran about and done a couple of clearances 30 yards from their goal (surely they weren't shots?!), poor overall IMHO

Stevenson - 6 - not his best game, never a wide player, his versatility is his own downfall at times along with his own self belief

Handling - 4 - one to forget for Danny, still young and learning, showed he isn't ready for week in week out starting place

Collins - 7 - ran about, scored the goal, still got a long way to go to convince me he's the answer, feel he should have scored with bicycle kick effort

Zoubir - 5 - I don't see it with this boy, nice footwork, and a couple of runs, don't see point in this guy on loan, feel it would take him best part of a season or even longer to adapt properly

Cummings - 5 - that chance will probably haunt him in his sleep, if Collins hadn't saved us he might have received more flak for it, not saying it makes him a bad player, just young and needs a hell of more playing time

Brightside
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM
McGivern was easily our worst defender. To rate the CHs below him is a shocker and cannot be based on what you actually see on the park. I'd be putting Lewis back at LB ASAP. Was interesting that Terry put Forster out to RB when Nelson came on... shape of things to come?

allmodcons
09-12-2013, 12:42 PM
We had the most chances on target, off target, possession, corners missed sitters and had a stonewall pen turned down. Patrick better than us? Nonsense.

:agree: Most on this board find it hard to take positives from a game. Always looking for the negatives. Some of the comments regarding OTJ's performance are hard to believe. I thought he did OK today, but looks like he'll be next scapegoat on Hibs.net.

truehibernian
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
McGivern was easily our worst defender. To rate the CHs below him is a shocker and cannot be based on what you actually see on the park. I'd be putting Lewis back at LB ASAP. Was interesting that Terry put Forster out to RB when Nelson came on... shape of things to come?

I've seen Ryan have much worse games - to be honest I didn't think he was that bad on Saturday.

Maybury was getting the run around for a period of the first half from young Higginbotham - Ryan's strike from distance was a peach too, caught it perfect, forcing a good save from Fox.

I've been championing young Andy Back for right back and I think he would suit the system Terry is playing - Andy has an engine on him like no other young full back I've seen and he fairly shifts the gears up and down the flank. Good delivery too. I've little or no time for Clancy I'm afraid.

Jonnyboy
09-12-2013, 09:53 PM
I've seen Ryan have much worse games - to be honest I didn't think he was that bad on Saturday.

Maybury was getting the run around for a period of the first half from young Higginbotham - Ryan's strike from distance was a peach too, caught it perfect, forcing a good save from Fox.

I've been championing young Andy Back for right back and I think he would suit the system Terry is playing - Andy has an engine on him like no other young full back I've seen and he fairly shifts the gears up and down the flank. Good delivery too. I've little or no time for Clancy I'm afraid.

Yip, Andy's a goodie but I'm not sure he's ready for the SPFL yet.