07-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Starting to look a player again.

07-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Good news, he was a cracking wee player last season

07-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Best player on the pitch today :agree: happy to have him back. Worked his socks off and never afraid to take on a man.

1 criticism would be he didn't release the ball to handling quick enough to give him a shot on goal in the first half

TheReg!
07-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi problem was that he wasn't very fit last season, he looks like he has come on it that regard and I think we will see some good performances from him now.

07-12-2013, 05:16 PM
This is good to hear :aok:

07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Glad paul is back

07-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Yup. He was good today. MOM for us followed by Lewis.

JIm
07-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Thought he started game well. Was bypassed for 80 minutes then got a few opportunities to drive at players late on. Need to get players like him on the ball more as he's one of the few who can actually create a chance.

07-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Played ok getting there but I would have given Motm to OTJ

smack
07-12-2013, 05:39 PM

Are you having a laugh? The first thing OTJ did was when he beat a couple of guys going up the left wing late on in 2nd half

07-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Defo Motm today

07-12-2013, 05:44 PM

This is a joke right???

He was honking. Shooting was abysmal. Biggest guy on the pitch but easily pushed off the ball.

He'd be a player I hope butcher gets rid off

07-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Are you having a laugh? The first thing OTJ did was when he beat a couple of guys going up the left wing late on in 2nd half

:agree: IMHO one of the worst players on the pitch. There's a big difference between trying to looking cool and controlled and being ineffective and two yards off the pace of the game. OTJ looked like he didn't a toss.

None of our midfield deserved any awards today. Osbourne bossed the midfield from start to finish.

07-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Cairney was our best player but Osbourne was the best player on the pitch. I'm assuming he doesn't play like that every week or he'll be away shortly.
Fought to the end & I'll take that for starters.

07-12-2013, 05:50 PM
This is a joke right???

He was honking. Shooting was abysmal. Biggest guy on the pitch but easily pushed off the ball.

He'd be a player I hope butcher gets rid off

It's all about opinions. He actually won most of his tackles and his passing was good and he won the foul that got the equalizer

07-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Fair enough you have your opinion of him and I mine.

Not good enough in my view.

07-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I want to see Carney back in the middle behind the strikers. We need to find wingers ASAP.

07-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I want to see Carney back in the middle behind the strikers. We need to find wingers ASAP.

That Higginbotham for them or how ever you spell his name, looks a decent winger imo:agree:

07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Yup. He was good today. MOM for us followed by Lewis.

Lewis?? I must have been at a diff game. ..bags of effort as always but couldn't hit a barn door with his crosses

07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah . Thought Paul was a bit more like his old self. Not MOM IMO. As a previous poster said - Wee Lewis for us, but overall Osbourne takes it for me.

Still feel Paul looks like his knees are tied together when he runs at times. Good to see the boy back.

Torto7062
07-12-2013, 07:38 PM

jesus what were you watching. ...my 10 yr old could do better.

He's this seasons Konte...gash

07-12-2013, 07:41 PM
It's all about opinions. He actually won most of his tackles and his passing was good and he won the foul that got the equalizer

I thought it was just me that noticed he actually had a good game.

He will never be popular as he looks like a big gangly awkward guy but I thought he was effective today.

Cairney though, I'm not convinced, don't think he was that good today.

07-12-2013, 08:06 PM

Aye ,he won most of his tackles AND headers - it's just a pity he did hee haw for the first 80 minutes though!

07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Cairney was our best player but Osbourne was the best player on the pitch. I'm assuming he doesn't play like that every week or he'll be away shortly.

Have to agree with both your points mh . Looks like we signed the wrong brother, as Osbourne ran the show all game in the midfield .
Thought when Zoubir came on we started to look more dangerous .

Purehibee_MYB
07-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah . Thought Paul was a bit more like his old self. Not MOM IMO. As a previous poster said - Wee Lewis for us, but overall Osbourne takes it for me.

Still feel Paul looks like his knees are tied together when he runs at times. Good to see the boy back.

Osbourne bossed it today.

07-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Osbourne best player on pitch - like others said - if he played like that every week he would be at an EPL club as he was everywhere and immense.

Osbourne was doing what OTJ should have been doing.

Osbourne doing this also won the midfield battle and didn't allow OTJ or Craig much of the ball.

Higginbotham was also very lively on the left wing for Thistle.

07-12-2013, 09:53 PM
jesus what were you watching. ...my 10 yr old could do better.

He's this seasons Konte...gash

you must be the arishole that was sat behind me in the west :rolleyes:

07-12-2013, 09:55 PM
A Paul Cairney with pace would be a top class player but we probably won't have seen him in a Hibs jersey.

As it is, he still looks like a player who can produce something from nothing and we don't have many others that come into that category.

07-12-2013, 10:36 PM
I've been critical of Cairney in the past but agree that he was our best player today. As regards Tudur-Jones, he looked like the new Brian Kerr.

Greendub
07-12-2013, 10:39 PM
I think he's on the way, saw some of the brilliance that made me take to him when he first signed.

07-12-2013, 10:43 PM
A Paul Cairney with pace would be a top class player but we probably won't have seen him in a Hibs jersey.

As it is, he still looks like a player who can produce something from nothing and we don't have many others that come into that category.

having watched him for 97mins today,can you please expand on your post ?

07-12-2013, 10:50 PM
having watched him for 97mins today,can you please expand on your post ?

It's self explanatory I'd have thought. He's a very good player without pace but he'd be a great player with pace but then he'd be outwith our budget. And my opinion was just not based on 90 mins today. If that's ok with you.

Curly1875
07-12-2013, 11:00 PM

Fair enough he did win quite a few tackles and headers I'll give him that but his favourite thing to do today seemed to be to make a pass then stand still and tell the player what to do next rather than help them out by moving for the next pass

07-12-2013, 11:12 PM
The only fit genuine wide player we have. Also the only player who can beat a man. His nutmeg was brilliant as well. Its just a shame that butcher's hoofball meant he wasn't as involved as he could have been.

07-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Osbourne was the best player on the park in the earlier game against PT in Glasgow too

08-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Thought Cairney player well yesterday. He looks fitter than he did at the end of last season. Hopefully, more to come from Paul.

08-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Osbourne bossed it today.

Totally :agree:

08-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Cairney looked good when we got the ball to him. Didn't do that enough. Osbourne was very good but was allowed 7 fouls before he got his final warning. If he'd been booked after 3 or 4 he might not have been as effective

08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Cairney looked good when we got the ball to him. Didn't do that enough. Osbourne was very good but was allowed 7 fouls before he got his final warning. If he'd been booked after 3 or 4 he might not have been as effective

:agree: he was lucky to evade a booking for a long as he did.

08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I think Cairney could be a good player but I'm struggling to remember one thing he did that led to anything other than him running out of steam and losing the ball.

Purehibee_MYB
08-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I think Cairney could be a good player but I'm struggling to remember one thing he did that led to anything other than him running out of steam and losing the ball.

His run down the line in the 2nd half skipping past 2 or 3 players that led to the corner Cummings should have scored from

Whataball
08-12-2013, 04:11 PM

Not a fan of Cairney. When Harris is back I think he'll struggle to start... but he at least tries to beat players instead of the sideways back sideways nonesense we have suffered for too long. He did OK yesterday. Robertson was a big miss yesterday, so far glad Butcher is bringing a higher tempo.

08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Osbourne was the best player on the park in the earlier game against PT in Glasgow tooPersonally thought Kevin Thomson and Ben Williams were better that night.

08-12-2013, 07:04 PM
His run down the line in the 2nd half skipping past 2 or 3 players that led to the corner Cummings should have scored from

Or the chance he made for handling that was blocked?

Or half the corners/free kicks he took.

08-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Thought Cairney player well yesterday. He looks fitter than he did at the end of last season. Hopefully, more to come from Paul.

The fitter he gets the more he will improve

08-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Always liked Cairney, and our best form last season coincided with his best spell. Can beat a man for fun but often doesn't have the pace to get away him properly. I've always thought that his trickery, ability to find a yard and passing and shooting ability would make him ideally suited for the number 10 role, but maybe Butcher will try that when we have Harris back out wide.

08-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Personally thought Kevin Thomson and Ben Williams were better that night.

Really? I thought our whole team was pretty poor

08-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Really? I thought our whole team was pretty poorThe rest were but Thommo and Williams done very well that night IMO

08-12-2013, 07:48 PM
The rest were but Thommo and Williams done very well that night IMO

Fair play. Just think Osbourne was a rock for Thistle on the night