Pretty Boy
07-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Starting to look a player again.

Jones28
07-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Good news, he was a cracking wee player last season

MyJo
07-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Best player on the pitch today :agree: happy to have him back. Worked his socks off and never afraid to take on a man.

1 criticism would be he didn't release the ball to handling quick enough to give him a shot on goal in the first half

TheReg!
07-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi problem was that he wasn't very fit last season, he looks like he has come on it that regard and I think we will see some good performances from him now.

Swedish hibee
07-12-2013, 05:16 PM
This is good to hear :aok:

Squealing pig
07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Glad paul is back

Tricla
07-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Yup. He was good today. MOM for us followed by Lewis.

JIm
07-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Thought he started game well. Was bypassed for 80 minutes then got a few opportunities to drive at players late on. Need to get players like him on the ball more as he's one of the few who can actually create a chance.

lucky
07-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Played ok getting there but I would have given Motm to OTJ

smack
07-12-2013, 05:39 PM

Are you having a laugh? The first thing OTJ did was when he beat a couple of guys going up the left wing late on in 2nd half

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Defo Motm today

mcfly
07-12-2013, 05:44 PM

This is a joke right???

He was honking. Shooting was abysmal. Biggest guy on the pitch but easily pushed off the ball.

He'd be a player I hope butcher gets rid off

Onion
07-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Are you having a laugh? The first thing OTJ did was when he beat a couple of guys going up the left wing late on in 2nd half

:agree: IMHO one of the worst players on the pitch. There's a big difference between trying to looking cool and controlled and being ineffective and two yards off the pace of the game. OTJ looked like he didn't a toss.

None of our midfield deserved any awards today. Osbourne bossed the midfield from start to finish.

Malthibby
07-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Cairney was our best player but Osbourne was the best player on the pitch. I'm assuming he doesn't play like that every week or he'll be away shortly.
Fought to the end & I'll take that for starters.
GG

lucky
07-12-2013, 05:50 PM
This is a joke right???

He was honking. Shooting was abysmal. Biggest guy on the pitch but easily pushed off the ball.

He'd be a player I hope butcher gets rid off

It's all about opinions. He actually won most of his tackles and his passing was good and he won the foul that got the equalizer

mcfly
07-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Fair enough you have your opinion of him and I mine.

Not good enough in my view.

Brightside
07-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I want to see Carney back in the middle behind the strikers. We need to find wingers ASAP.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I want to see Carney back in the middle behind the strikers. We need to find wingers ASAP.

That Higginbotham for them or how ever you spell his name, looks a decent winger imo:agree:

Borderhibbie76
07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Yup. He was good today. MOM for us followed by Lewis.

Lewis?? I must have been at a diff game. ..bags of effort as always but couldn't hit a barn door with his crosses

ALF TUPPER
07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah . Thought Paul was a bit more like his old self. Not MOM IMO. As a previous poster said - Wee Lewis for us, but overall Osbourne takes it for me.

Still feel Paul looks like his knees are tied together when he runs at times. Good to see the boy back.

GGTTH

Torto7062
07-12-2013, 07:38 PM

jesus what were you watching. ...my 10 yr old could do better.

He's this seasons Konte...gash

bingo70
07-12-2013, 07:41 PM
It's all about opinions. He actually won most of his tackles and his passing was good and he won the foul that got the equalizer

I thought it was just me that noticed he actually had a good game.

He will never be popular as he looks like a big gangly awkward guy but I thought he was effective today.

Cairney though, I'm not convinced, don't think he was that good today.

brianmc
07-12-2013, 08:06 PM

Aye ,he won most of his tackles AND headers - it's just a pity he did hee haw for the first 80 minutes though!

erin go bragh
07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Cairney was our best player but Osbourne was the best player on the pitch. I'm assuming he doesn't play like that every week or he'll be away shortly.
GG

Have to agree with both your points mh . Looks like we signed the wrong brother, as Osbourne ran the show all game in the midfield .
Thought when Zoubir came on we started to look more dangerous .

Ggtth

Purehibee_MYB
07-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah . Thought Paul was a bit more like his old self. Not MOM IMO. As a previous poster said - Wee Lewis for us, but overall Osbourne takes it for me.

Still feel Paul looks like his knees are tied together when he runs at times. Good to see the boy back.

GGTTH

Osbourne bossed it today.

GreenCastle
07-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Osbourne best player on pitch - like others said - if he played like that every week he would be at an EPL club as he was everywhere and immense.

Osbourne was doing what OTJ should have been doing.

Osbourne doing this also won the midfield battle and didn't allow OTJ or Craig much of the ball.

Higginbotham was also very lively on the left wing for Thistle.

jabis
07-12-2013, 09:53 PM
jesus what were you watching. ...my 10 yr old could do better.

He's this seasons Konte...gash

you must be the arishole that was sat behind me in the west :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
07-12-2013, 09:55 PM
A Paul Cairney with pace would be a top class player but we probably won't have seen him in a Hibs jersey.

As it is, he still looks like a player who can produce something from nothing and we don't have many others that come into that category.

Eyrie
07-12-2013, 10:36 PM
I've been critical of Cairney in the past but agree that he was our best player today. As regards Tudur-Jones, he looked like the new Brian Kerr.

Greendub
07-12-2013, 10:39 PM
I think he's on the way, saw some of the brilliance that made me take to him when he first signed.

jabis
07-12-2013, 10:43 PM
A Paul Cairney with pace would be a top class player but we probably won't have seen him in a Hibs jersey.

As it is, he still looks like a player who can produce something from nothing and we don't have many others that come into that category.

having watched him for 97mins today,can you please expand on your post ?

Golden Bear
07-12-2013, 10:50 PM
having watched him for 97mins today,can you please expand on your post ?

It's self explanatory I'd have thought. He's a very good player without pace but he'd be a great player with pace but then he'd be outwith our budget. And my opinion was just not based on 90 mins today. If that's ok with you.

Curly1875
07-12-2013, 11:00 PM

Fair enough he did win quite a few tackles and headers I'll give him that but his favourite thing to do today seemed to be to make a pass then stand still and tell the player what to do next rather than help them out by moving for the next pass

Onceinawhile
07-12-2013, 11:12 PM
The only fit genuine wide player we have. Also the only player who can beat a man. His nutmeg was brilliant as well. Its just a shame that butcher's hoofball meant he wasn't as involved as he could have been.

Jonnyboy
07-12-2013, 11:57 PM
GG

Osbourne was the best player on the park in the earlier game against PT in Glasgow too

theonlywayisup
08-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Thought Cairney player well yesterday. He looks fitter than he did at the end of last season. Hopefully, more to come from Paul.

ALF TUPPER
08-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Osbourne bossed it today.

Totally :agree:

Geo_1875
08-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Cairney looked good when we got the ball to him. Didn't do that enough. Osbourne was very good but was allowed 7 fouls before he got his final warning. If he'd been booked after 3 or 4 he might not have been as effective

matty_f
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Cairney looked good when we got the ball to him. Didn't do that enough. Osbourne was very good but was allowed 7 fouls before he got his final warning. If he'd been booked after 3 or 4 he might not have been as effective

:agree: he was lucky to evade a booking for a long as he did.

ancient hibee
08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I think Cairney could be a good player but I'm struggling to remember one thing he did that led to anything other than him running out of steam and losing the ball.

Purehibee_MYB
08-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I think Cairney could be a good player but I'm struggling to remember one thing he did that led to anything other than him running out of steam and losing the ball.

His run down the line in the 2nd half skipping past 2 or 3 players that led to the corner Cummings should have scored from

Whataball
08-12-2013, 04:11 PM

Not a fan of Cairney. When Harris is back I think he'll struggle to start... but he at least tries to beat players instead of the sideways back sideways nonesense we have suffered for too long. He did OK yesterday. Robertson was a big miss yesterday, so far glad Butcher is bringing a higher tempo.

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Osbourne was the best player on the park in the earlier game against PT in Glasgow tooPersonally thought Kevin Thomson and Ben Williams were better that night.

Onceinawhile
08-12-2013, 07:04 PM
His run down the line in the 2nd half skipping past 2 or 3 players that led to the corner Cummings should have scored from

Or the chance he made for handling that was blocked?

Or half the corners/free kicks he took.

One Day
08-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Thought Cairney player well yesterday. He looks fitter than he did at the end of last season. Hopefully, more to come from Paul.

The fitter he gets the more he will improve

Stevie Reid
08-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Always liked Cairney, and our best form last season coincided with his best spell. Can beat a man for fun but often doesn't have the pace to get away him properly. I've always thought that his trickery, ability to find a yard and passing and shooting ability would make him ideally suited for the number 10 role, but maybe Butcher will try that when we have Harris back out wide.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Personally thought Kevin Thomson and Ben Williams were better that night.

Really? I thought our whole team was pretty poor

MWHIBBIES
08-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Really? I thought our whole team was pretty poorThe rest were but Thommo and Williams done very well that night IMO

Jonnyboy
08-12-2013, 07:48 PM
The rest were but Thommo and Williams done very well that night IMO

Fair play. Just think Osbourne was a rock for Thistle on the night