PDA

View Full Version : Their Goalie

Jack
07-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Looks like a fish finger.

Tricla
07-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Made a terrific save second half from Collins volley.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I thought he milked that save from Collins. Thought at the time that JC should have done better. I was at the other end of the ground tho so might be wrong. I thought he looked suspect at crosses, shame we never tested him more

hibee
07-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Couldn't take goal kick without falling over.

Lang Toun Hibs
07-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Made a terrific save second half from Collins volley.

It was an awful 'volley' and a slow motion save for the cameras. Collins should have buried it. Would have if he hit it properly which is surely the least that we can expect from a professional striker who arrived with a bit of a reputation that he was half decent.

Brightside
07-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Just as well Collins scored as I thought he was pointless today. Loads of energy but he never wins all those punts up the park and he can't hold the ball up. Sick of seeing Williams just punting the ball up and basically giving it away with every kick. Our full backs should be wide looking for the easy ball out then playing in the midfield but we never see it. Terry has a hard job trying to change our current football style. Its awful bottom of the table stuff.

Hibercelona
08-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Our game plan seems to be to punt the ball to Handling, then hope he's able to somehow win it in the air against 2-3 defenders and then lay it off to Collins, who's being asked to play out wide on the channel, so he can then cross it into the box where they'll be no strikers to get on the end of anything. :confused:

I honestly don't know what Butcher expects from this tactic. It makes no sense to me at all.

Hibbyradge
08-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Our game plan seems to be to punt the ball to Handling, then hope he's able to somehow win it in the air against 2-3 defenders and then lay it off to Collins, who's being asked to play out wide on the channel, so he can then cross it into the box where they'll be no strikers to get on the end of anything. :confused:

I honestly don't know what Butcher expects from this tactic. It makes no sense to me at all.

The ball was getting punted to Collins, but he's not a target man and the centre half had him in his pocket so I agree, the tactic makes no sense.

Handling was just woeful.

Hibercelona
08-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Looks like a fish finger.

Fish Finger Fox

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2aaan49.jpg

Geo_1875
08-12-2013, 09:28 AM
We're playing the same tactics as before. Punting the ball but without the 10-12 passes across the back. This should catch defences before they get set but also leaves our forwards without support from midfield. It would work if had 3 midfielders that could move themselves.

RoYO!
08-12-2013, 09:51 AM
craig put every corner right on top of the goalie and he claimed zero. so many goalmouth scrambles. I was surprised to read that hes considered one of the best goalies in the league.

Jack
08-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Fish Finger Fox

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2aaan49.jpg

For those who weren't there yesterday their goalie was wearing a ginger strip :-)

Tricla
08-12-2013, 07:30 PM
It was an awful 'volley' and a slow motion save for the cameras. Collins should have buried it. Would have if he hit it properly which is surely the least that we can expect from a professional striker who arrived with a bit of a reputation that he was half decent.

It was a side on hitch kick which is a difficult skill. The ball hit the turf and bounced up forcing the keeper to make a great save. Watch the highlights.

Everyone around me thought the same.

Onceinawhile
08-12-2013, 07:44 PM
We're playing the same tactics as before. Punting the ball but without the 10-12 passes across the back. This should catch defences before they get set but also leaves our forwards without support from midfield. It would work if had 3 midfielders that could move themselves.

problem with that is that when we play celtic next week we will just be gifting them possession time and time again. Seriously worried about next week.

mutley
08-12-2013, 07:48 PM
problem with that is that when we play celtic next week we will just be gifting them possession time and time again. Seriously worried about next week.

As long as its less than 7 eh?