PDA

View Full Version : Question Weekend games at risk ?

Craig_in_Prague
06-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Very windy here, I believe Scotland even worse.

Football is rarely (if ever) cancelled coz of high winds, but if it makes the game almost farcical, surely has to be postponed?
I know grounds are somewhat covered, but still......

How's it looking?

lord bunberry
06-12-2013, 09:59 AM
It a beautiful day in edinburgh

Phil D. Rolls
Very windy here, I believe Scotland even worse.

Football is rarely (if ever) cancelled coz of high winds, but if it makes the game almost farcical, surely has to be postponed?
I know grounds are somewhat covered, but still......

How's it looking?

No wind today, everything back to normal.

Hibs7
Bright and sunny with no wind and to get milder tonight ...so no worries for tomorrow at Easter Rd. :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Weather is fine in Edinburgh and Berwick today so far. No games will be under threat due to wind.

Craig_in_Prague
06-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Bright and sunny with no wind and to get milder tonight ...so no worries for tomorrow at Easter Rd. :thumbsup:

great !

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-12-2013, 11:03 AM
The baws round, it's supposed to roll. The wind is nae bother to Butchers boys

Geo_1875
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
The forecast is "good" for the weekend.

Was there not a televised game (St Johnstone?) in the last couple of years which was a complete farce because of the wind? Keeper couldn't get goalkicks out of the penalty area if I remember correctly.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm having sprouts for my tea tonight, could get very windy tomorrow.

Craig_in_Prague
06-12-2013, 11:47 AM
The forecast is "good" for the weekend.

Was there not a televised game (St Johnstone?) in the last couple of years which was a complete farce because of the wind? Keeper couldn't get goalkicks out of the penalty area if I remember correctly.

pretty sure at high school there were some games the goalie would kick the ball out and it would go in for a goal, or a corner lol

or we'll be 'awright' 2nd half, we have the wind with us!
8-0 down at HT and winning 9-8 etc.......