View Full Version : Televised Football

IFONLY
05-12-2013, 02:54 PM
What a joke away to Aberdeen on Jan 10 ....7-45pm kick off

hibs4thecup1988
05-12-2013, 03:01 PM
What a joke away to Aberdeen on Jan 10 ....7-45pm kick off

Ridiculous

To be fair Aberdeen have came to us on a few Monday nights over the last few seasons.

Suppose a Friday people can take half days etc.

Billychaotic182
05-12-2013, 03:05 PM
I live in Aberdeen and work weekends so I'm delighted by this news

IFONLY
05-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I live in Aberdeen and work weekends so I'm delighted by this news There`s nothing quite like a bit of selfishness lol

hibee_girl
05-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Celtic game moved to Sunday 26th jan, 12.45 KO

hibs4thecup1988
05-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Celtic game moved to Sunday 26th jan, 12.45 KO

That one was a nap.

We got anymore? Is there a list somewhere?

Cheers

The Sea-gull
05-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Ridiculous

To be fair Aberdeen have came to us on a few Monday nights over the last few seasons.

Suppose a Friday people can take half days etc.

This is true people can, though football at the weekend is far more ideal for most than having to take a half day so that they can attend. Not everyone, bearing in mind other committments throughout the year that swallow up annual leave, has half days from work that they can just allocate for a football match.

hibs4thecup1988
05-12-2013, 03:23 PM
This is true people can, though football at the weekend is far more ideal for most than having to take a half day so that they can attend. Not everyone, bearing in mind other committments throughout the year that swallow up annual leave, has half days from work that they can just allocate for a football match.

I understand what you saying, however there are lots of companies that do half day Fridays as the norm. I couldn't tell you the last time I personally worked a full day friday unless it is the last working day of the month.

And I know about commitments etc, and if people can't make it then fine. People on here not that long ago were asking for the SPL to go for Friday night matches. Now there is one(no matter where it is) there are complaints.

Each to their own but I will be there because it is a Friday night. I prefer it.

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Shocking decision, unfortunately TV rules, cash is king, and sod the supporter's:rolleyes:

lord bunberry
05-12-2013, 03:28 PM
When was the last time we played aberdeen away at 3pm on a saturday?

hibs4thecup1988
05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
When was the last time we played aberdeen away at 3pm on a saturday?

9th April 2011...Akpo Sodje scored the winner 1-0 win

PatHead
05-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Matches shown as per SPFL site

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/latest-tv-selections-confirmed/

frazeHFC
05-12-2013, 04:01 PM
That's *****! Normally i'd be really pissed off but head up to it and either have a night out with my cousin in Aberdeen or back to Edinburgh for one there not too bothered about it. That's only cos i'm off on the Friday though, must be really annoying for those working.

PatHead
05-12-2013, 04:07 PM
That's *****! Normally i'd be really pissed off but head up to it and either have a night out with my cousin in Aberdeen or back to Edinburgh for one there not too bothered about it. That's only cos i'm off on the Friday though, must be really annoying for those working.

Oh to be a student eh! Only one or two classes a week, rest of time - sleeping, watching daytime telly, going to football, ogling burds, drinking, more drinking and then panicking the week before an exam.

Itsnoteasy
05-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Shockarooney

.Sean.
05-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Absolutely fantastic :rolleyes:

What promised to be a cracking day out with the boys has just been cancelled. **** the ****ty tell deal.

frazeHFC
05-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Oh to be a student eh! Only one or two classes a week, rest of time - sleeping, watching daytime telly, going to football, ogling burds, drinking, more drinking and then panicking the week before an exam.

Pretty much sums it up!

God Petrie
05-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Ffs.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2013, 05:08 PM
****ing raging. Every time we're up there it seems to get moved to a stupid time. Another one that I had planned to go to but won't be able to make it now. My mate moved up to Aberdeen last yr and we had the wkend all planned up there. Hadn't bothered to book train tickets as I had a feeling this would happen. Well, I had predicted a move to the Sunday but this is equally pish. I'm all for Fri night football, loved our trips to Motherwell but at least make it realistic for folk travelling FFS

Centre Hawf
05-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm all for friday night games but use some logic in the way we do them please! Send us to Motherwell, St Johnstone, Partick, St Mirren. Send Aberdeen to St Johnstone or Inverness and Ross County. Although yes some folk do get Half days, more do not. Trips like this should be arranged so that a fan can say come home from work at 5ish and be able to hop in the car through for an 8 start. The fact it's on the TV will put people off making a trip up also.

What do i care, it's not our gate receipts.

Gettin' Auld
05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm all for friday night games but use some logic in the way we do them please! Send us to Motherwell, St Johnstone, Partick, St Mirren. Send Aberdeen to St Johnstone or Inverness and Ross County. Although yes some folk do get Half days, more do not. Trips like this should be arranged so that a fan can say come home from work at 5ish and be able to hop in the car through for an 8 start. The fact it's on the TV will put people off making a trip up also.

What do i care, it's not our gate receipts.

Aberdeen is almost as far away from Inverness and Dingwall, as it is from Edinburgh. :wink:

Centre Hawf
05-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Aberdeen is almost as far away from Inverness and Dingwall, as it is from Edinburgh. :wink:

Give them nae night games then. Ruined it for everyone. :wink:

Hermit Crab
05-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Shocking decision by the tv fat cats. As usual the fans come second. :grr:

Saorsa
05-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Shocking decision by the tv fat cats. As usual the fans come last. :grr:fixed that for you.

Gettin' Auld
05-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Give them nae night games then. Ruined it for everyone. :wink:

:thumbsup: