PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Forster signs new deal

Bronson
05-12-2013, 11:10 AM
As it says on the tin, Forster signs new deal till summer 2016 :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131205/forster-agrees-new-contract_2262950_3562691

Scònaldò
05-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Brilliant news.

Hopefully Williams is the next to sign.

LioNeilMessi
05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Great news. Well done to Jordan!

The Sea-gull
05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
As it says on the tin, Forster signs new deal till summer 2016 :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131205/forster-agrees-new-contract_2262950_3562691

Good news. Haven't really been fussed by JF one way or the other thus far but one thing I would say is that, is it just me or does he have the perfect build for a centre half? Tall, strong and athletic looking at a very young age. If he can keep his fintess levels up, he can only improve with experience as he looks like he has all the physical attributes in place to be a success.

IFONLY
05-12-2013, 11:15 AM
That's good news, good player with a great future.

The Harp
05-12-2013, 11:17 AM
That's great to hear. Really rate young Jordon. A future Hibs captain IMO.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Great news, happy for him!!

Brightside
05-12-2013, 11:27 AM

Great news for us and him. Fantastic to have two of the best technical CHs in the country in our team long term.

essexhibee
05-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Really rate the guy. Thought he strolled the scottish cup final. Yes we lost three goals and he's a CH but can't remember any being his fault. Just showed I thought that he has real talent and a future.

Jones28
05-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Really good news

SMAXXA
05-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Great news for us and him. Fantastic to have two of the best technical CHs in the country in our team long term.

Whens the other guy you mention making his debut? :wink:

Weststandwanab
05-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Thank you Mr. Forster. I look forward to many future great performances.

Northernhibee
05-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Never looked uncomfortable - Hanlon and him are a perfect pairing.

Gatecrasher
05-12-2013, 11:55 AM
always good news to see a promising youngster signing a new contract

oconnors_strip
05-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Brilliant deal done by butcher!!

Well done jordon, the hard work is paying off

frazeHFC
05-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Think he has been really good the last 2 games since he got back in the team. Really like the look of him. Well done Jordon. :thumbsup:

Andy74
05-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Brilliant deal done by butcher!!

Well done jordon, the hard work is paying off

Rod surely?

GreenOnions
05-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Great news. It's also relatively unusual for Hibs to produce someone for that position from within. We're traditionally better at bringing through more attacking players. It's usually our neighbours who are more likely to bring through their own defenders.

No doubt Jordon still has much to learn but I'm delighted to see that Butcher must rate him highly and IMO Jordon is definitely in the team on merit at the moment. I hope he keeps up his form and stays in the team with Paul Hanlon for the season. I like the idea of a quality home grown central defensive partnership. When was the last time we had that for any length of time?

Bishop Hibee
05-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Good. In the team on merit. He will make mistakes as he learns but looks a great prospect.

NadeAteMyLunch!
Harris next please!!

Bishop Hibee
Harris next please!!

Yup and Williams.

Baader
05-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Good news. Really rate Forster. Looks a class act.

green.and.white
05-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Excellent news :thumbsup:

patlowe
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM
He comes across extremely well in this article: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-jordon-s-back-at-the-for-front-1-3221407

Seems like a very level-headed guy.

GreenCastle
05-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Good news :agree: He showed last season he has quality - comfortable on the ball also and will get better.

Hopefully Williams and Harris next :agree:

hhibs
05-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Most pleased.Forster has the makings of a very good centre half,glad to see this positive action being taken.

--------
05-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Rod surely?

Well, in neither the announcement on the official site nor the interview in the EEN is he quoted as saying that he's really really keen to carry on for a club prospering under the steady financial stewardship of Mr Rod Petrie.

In both he's talking about how good things are under Butcher and Malpas, and about his development and ambitions as a footballer.

I'm sure Rod Petrie was involved - the deal would have to be approved by him, after all - but I'm pretty certain that what brought him to the point of signing a three-year extension to his contract was the prospect of working with Terry and Mo.

This is a very good bit of news - finally we're planning a little more than one year ahead. Now I want to see Danny Handling, Alex Harris and Ross Caldwell doing likewise, and a few senior players like Craig and Williams doing the same.

erin go bragh
05-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Great bit of news . Forster looks a class act and can imo only get better . Now Hibs should do all they can to get Williams and Harris signed up asap .

Ggtth

Andy74
05-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Well, in neither the announcement on the official site nor the interview in the EEN is he quoted as saying that he's really really keen to carry on for a club prospering under the steady financial stewardship of Mr Rod Petrie.

In both he's talking about how good things are under Butcher and Malpas, and about his development and ambitions as a footballer.

I'm sure Rod Petrie was involved - the deal would have to be approved by him, after all - but I'm pretty certain that what brought him to the point of signing a three-year extension to his contract was the prospect of working with Terry and Mo.

This is a very good bit of news - finally we're planning a little more than one year ahead. Now I want to see Danny Handling, Alex Harris and Ross Caldwell doing likewise, and a few senior players like Craig and Williams doing the same.

Ah so we need quotes to be able to give Rod a bit of praise in getting a deal done. I trust you will factor that in you the criticism side of things?

Vault Boy
05-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Good to hear, Forster looks like the real deal in every aspect of his play in his position and I'm excited to see where he will go from here. I should think Danny Handling will be handed a new contract too, especially as Terry has been speaking so highly of him. I hope Butcher is given enough information about Harris and sees enough of him when he is phased back into training to get him signed up before January too.

--------
05-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Ah so we need quotes to be able to give Rod a bit of praise in getting a deal done. I trust you will factor that in you the criticism side of things?

I don't need a quote - just the fact that in the last ten years Hibs have hardly managed to keep a manager more than 18 months, or to appoint a manager worth keeping even that long.

Or the fact that we could have run a fair-sized power-station with the rotational energy of the revolving door on the first-team changing room.

He seems to have made a decent appointment this time, but it's early days and while I have no doubts about Butcher and Co, the jury's still out regarding Petrie.

And don't pretend you weren't fishing for an argument about your favourite Tashman, Andy; have you ever thought that if the sun DOES shine so brightly out of RP's backside as you seem to think it does, he's the man who's solely responsible for global warming and the melting of the ice-caps?

:wink:

PeterboroHibee
05-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Delighted with this, he looks like a really good player and its good to have him signed up on a longer term deal (hopefully if he keeps playing well that may even be extended!).

As others have said, hopefully we see Harris and Williams with new deals soon as well!

Johnny_Leith
05-12-2013, 04:45 PM
He is very raw but had all the physical attributes required for his position. He has a long way to go but if anyone can make him a quality centre half it's Butcher and Malpas I suppose. Good luck to the lad.

Jack Hackett
05-12-2013, 05:31 PM

Great news. Happy for us......I have a thinly disguised selfish streak :greengrin

Ronniekirk
05-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Delighted with this, he looks like a really good player and its good to have him signed up on a longer term deal (hopefully if he keeps playing well that may even be extended!).

As others have said, hopefully we see Harris and Williams with new deals soon as well!
Agree we would want Big Ben tied up by Big Tell.As we have struggled to that position filled by a competent keeper for too long Harris I think needs to get fit and back in team don't think there is same need to rush that one unless just give him another yearWould argue Jordan has been more consistent performer when given his chance but under new management hopefully Harris will prosper He is a Hibby so shouldn't be hard to deal him in

Pretty Boy
05-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Good news.

Guy has bags of potential.

PeterboroHibee
05-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Agree we would want Big Ben tied up by Big Tell.As we have struggled to that position filled by a competent keeper for too long Harris I think needs to get fit and back in team don't think there is same need to rush that one unless just give him another yearWould argue Jordan has been more consistent performer when given his chance but under new management hopefully Harris will prosper He is a Hibby so shouldn't be hard to deal him in

Not sure I agree with that, Harris was excellent last season and it was only in the three games he played this season, where Fenlon seemed to see him as our sole creative force going forward, that he was marked out of games and fairly ineffectual. Theres always a risk giving a player a long contract, but I personally see it as poor management that both him and Forster werent offered more than a one year deal at the end of last year - thankfully at least one of them has been signed up longer term!

jdships
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Harris next please!!

Yeah he is the one I am worried about !!
I think his contract is up end of December or possibly January :confused:

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm sure Boozy's contract is the summer but he can talk to others from Jan. He done more than enough last season to warrant a new deal

Jonnyboy
05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Congratulations Jordon - well deserved :thumbsup:

BH Hibs
05-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Great news would like to see Williams signed up asap before Celtc come sniffing if as is to be believed their keeper is away. Personally rate Big Ben more than FF anyway.

hfc rd
05-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Great to get Forster signed up on a long term deal. Just really hope now that Williams & Harris are signed up on similar long term deals too as there are definitely going to be other clubs looking at these two.

Squealing pig
05-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Great news, does this mean we kin sell hanlon please.

Northernhibee
06-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Great news, does this mean we kin sell hanlon please.

Jesus Christ almighty.

Squealing pig
06-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Jesus Christ almighty.

Is that hanlons replacement?

Steven_Hibs
06-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Is that hanlons replacement?

He canny be any worse :greengrin

Squealing pig
06-12-2013, 04:15 AM
He canny be any worse :greengrin

Marsella will see right through this imposter :) keep wakin up to a nightmare he is still here next season. He would struggle to get in any other team in premiership. We need to set the bar higher .

Northernhibee
06-12-2013, 08:53 AM
We need to find someone who can deal with crosses for a start.

Dunderhall
06-12-2013, 09:11 AM
We need to find someone who can deal with crosses for a start.
I thought you had the answer.

Jesus Christ almighty.

Andy74
06-12-2013, 09:24 AM
By the way, the Scotsman report this moring mentuions that this renewal was agreed when Fenlon was still here.

Billy Whizz
06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
By the way, the Scotsman report this moring mentuions that this renewal was agreed when Fenlon was still here.

I'm pretty sure it was, these sort of deals don't just agreed in a few days!

Andy74
06-12-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty sure it was, these sort of deals don't just agreed in a few days!

Some people were certain it was all about Butcher however. :wink:

Billy Whizz
06-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Some people were certain it was all about Butcher however. :wink:

Andy, you mean like a love in?

Jones28
06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Already Butcher has come in and put his faith in younger players so it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he was the main man behind the deal.

HappyHibby93
06-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Cracking news to see him signed up, seems like very decent player, very comfortable on the ball as well which is nice to see at the back.

:tbgwa::flag::flag::tbgwa:

HappyHibby93
06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't need a quote - just the fact that in the last ten years Hibs have hardly managed to keep a manager more than 18 months, or to appoint a manager worth keeping even that long.

Or the fact that we could have run a fair-sized power-station with the rotational energy of the revolving door on the first-team changing room.

He seems to have made a decent appointment this time, but it's early days and while I have no doubts about Butcher and Co, the jury's still out regarding Petrie.

And don't pretend you weren't fishing for an argument about your favourite Tashman, Andy; have you ever thought that if the sun DOES shine so brightly out of RP's backside as you seem to think it does, he's the man who's solely responsible for global warming and the melting of the ice-caps?

:wink:

Is this not a thread about a talented youngster committing his future to Hibs, why does criticism for Petrie come into to this?

--------
06-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Is this not a thread about a talented youngster committing his future to Hibs, why does criticism for Petrie come into to this?

I just made a passing comment about what Jordon himself said in the two articles quoted, then Andy started schmoozing Petrie and I corrected him, and it all went on from there.

Forster's been an obvious candidate for an extended contract for months now, but nothing happened until Butcher and malpas arrived, so it's logical to assume that they, and Butcher in particular, were influential in persuading him to sign. How much financial wizardry do you think's involved in financing a deal like this?

So Petrie agreed with his new manager that Forster deserved an extension and allowed the deal to go ahead? Wow! the man's a genius. Praise him with the big loud trumpets, why don't we?