PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

Bracksy
04-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Read somewhere that Stevenson is to make his 200th appearance on saturday - he has been a true servant to the team and really hopes he gets a goal to mark it! He deserves it more than most!

hibsbollah
04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Now he's settled down to married life and his coke fuelled nights of passion in front of Nigella Lawson's Aga are a thing of the past, he should definitely be able to push on and be the next Phillippe Lahm.

Vault Boy
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Really happy for Lewis, he's a good player who has always given everything for the club, and I think there is yet more to come from him in midfield (Butcher thinks (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-hails-honest-pro-stevenson-1-3219941) so too).

However, Lewis scoring would be a thing of legend. :greengrin

Bracksy
04-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Really happy for Lewis, he's a good player who has always given everything for the club, and I think there is yet more to come from him in midfield (Butcher thinks (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-hails-honest-pro-stevenson-1-3219941) so too).

However, Lewis scoring would be a thing of legend. :greengrin

Him scoring would be like when Tony Hibbert scored his first ever goal for Everton - fans invading the pitch! Would suit though!

Billy Whizz
04-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Him scoring would be like when Tony Hibbert scored his first ever goal for Everton - fans invading the pitch! Would suit though!

He should have scored on Saturday at Dingwall

Iggy Pope
04-12-2013, 06:44 PM

I do recall him scoring a delightful volley in a friendly at Forfar.
I would have invaded the pitch, but I was molesting a bridie at the time.

hibby rae
04-12-2013, 06:45 PM
He scored against Caley, last year I think it was.

The Sea-gull
04-12-2013, 06:50 PM
He scored against Caley, last year I think it was.

Yeah he did. Feb 2011 it was though.

hibsbollah
04-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah he did. Feb 2011 it was though.

It was a deflection to boot.

Say what you like, but Lewis hates the Hearts. And Charles Saatchi.

jdships
04-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Read somewhere that Stevenson is to make his 200th appearance on saturday - he has been a true servant to the team and really hopes he gets a goal to mark it! He deserves it more than most!

Couldn't have put it better - we should put our hands together for him on Saturday.
Gey few players rack up 200 appearances for one club these days

:hibees:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2013, 07:49 PM
A dedicated professional.......Like Lewis as a player......Many more games to come for him hopefully.....

Centre Hawf
04-12-2013, 07:57 PM
a true Servantson :tin hat:

All seriousness we should recognise this is a great achievement, especially in this day and age where players move around so often. Anyone know who the last player was to make this milestone for us? (without having to return to do so)

Ronniekirk
04-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes we'll done Lewis Let's hope he can rediscover his 2007 form with tell praising his work rate and professionalism and saying he will play him in same midfield position How refreshing to here a Manager say that .Something wee Pat dinnae seem to grasp

Viva_Palmeiras
04-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Pleased for Lewis, I said to him at the Hibs kids event in CCs era that I hoped he'd be back in the team in the new year and he had a wry smile on his face but as the true profession he is said nothing.

As has been said countless times before - if we had a team with the attitude and work ethic of Lewis we wouldn't have been in the mire we got bogged down over the years.

Ill now settle down to playing Lewis bingo:

limited ability
lives off the back of the 2007 MOM award
if he's what we aspire to then were in trouble
i don't understand the Lewy-love-in

PeterboroHibee
04-12-2013, 08:07 PM
I really like Stevenson and Im pleased for him to be reaching this landmark. As suggested above, it is something that should be celebrated. Also, on the article with quotes from Butcher in the Scotsman, it is clear he rates him as a player and also the attitude he brings to the club as a whole.

Pretty Boy
04-12-2013, 08:07 PM
200 games for one club is a great achievement these days. Several managers have seen something in Lewis so he must be doing something right. I quite like him, steady and reliable.

Good on him.

wazoo1875
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
I do recall him scoring a delightful volley in a friendly at Forfar.
I would have invaded the pitch, but I was molesting a bridie at the time.

I misread your last sentence there. Apologies ;-)
Well done to lewis on quite an achievement in this day and age

Onceinawhile
04-12-2013, 08:10 PM
It was a deflection to boot.

Say what you like, but Lewis hates the Hearts. And Charles Saatchi.

Remember shouting at him not to shoot, cos he would never score. Looked a right eejit. Great goal by callum booth that day too.

Aldo
04-12-2013, 08:11 PM
A definite and well earned achievement

Well done that man.

HibbyAndy
04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Great wee player.

GreenLake
04-12-2013, 08:16 PM
I like him playing in all aspects except his final pass or cross and hope TB and MM have some good training exercises for this.

My_Wife_Camille
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Brilliant thread. Delighted that Lewis is starting to get the credit he deserves again!

For someone that grew up as a Rovers fan, the guy is absolutely Hibs daft. He even sang along to Sunshine on Leith at his wedding :hibees

Here's to the next 200:aok:

Bracksy
04-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Brilliant thread. Delighted that Lewis is starting to get the credit he deserves again!

For someone that grew up as a Rovers fan, the guy is absolutely Hibs daft. He even sang along to Sunshine on Leith at his wedding :hibees

Here's to the next 200:aok:

Never knew this! Different class from him!

GreenCastle
04-12-2013, 08:42 PM
MOM in the 2007 Cup Final - for that alone he deserves credit for playing his part in that great day. :agree:

He is never going to be a top 3 player in the SPFL but he does a job for the club and someone who is versatile which helps if we have players out injured etc. I always think good players can play several positions and he has done that..

Right back..
Left back..
Center Midfield..
Left Midfield..

He's only ever score 1 goal for the club...hopefully he can improve his goal ratio and would be fitting if he scored in his 200th game.

Considering some of the guys who have made headlines for the wrong reasons at Hibs - Lewis has always stayed out the limelight and just tried to get on with his job.

Who was the last Hibs player to make 200 games? :confused:

hibby rae
04-12-2013, 08:57 PM
MOM in the 2007 Cup Final - for that alone he deserves credit for playing his part in that great day. :agree:

He is never going to be a top 3 player in the SPFL but he does a job for the club and someone who is versatile which helps if we have players out injured etc. I always think good players can play several positions and he has done that..

Right back..
Left back..
Center Midfield..
Left Midfield..

He's only ever score 1 goal for the club...hopefully he can improve his goal ratio and would be fitting if he scored in his 200th game.

Considering some of the guys who have made headlines for the wrong reasons at Hibs - Lewis has always stayed out the limelight and just tried to get on with his job.

Wikipedia lists Pat McGinlay as having played 176 times in the league during his second spell with the club. So he's maybe a good shout for the last player to have done it?

Bostonhibby
04-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Great servant to the Hibs, never gives up and you get the feeling he'd play any position just to get a game. For me that's what separates him from some of those he has outlasted. Surely all those managers who have picked him can't be wrong. I think its because they see it in how he behaves and trains. I like his attitude.

Well done son.

Jonnyboy
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Wikipedia lists Pat McGinlay as having played 176 times in the league during his second spell with the club. So he's maybe a good shout for the last player to have done it?

Willie Miller 301
Graham Mitchell 307
Alan Sneddon 372

My_Wife_Camille
04-12-2013, 09:05 PM

Both Garry O'Connor and Derek Riordan played 200+ games for Hibernian:not worth

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Both Garry O'Connor and Derek Riordan played 200+ games for Hibernian:not worth

Not in 1 stint though

My_Wife_Camille
04-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Not in 1 stint though
Yes I know, Ian Murray would fall into the same category

Wotherspiniesta
04-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Congratulations to wee Lewis. Great achievement :aok:

jakeshibs
04-12-2013, 09:57 PM
well done and well deserved..

GreenCastle
04-12-2013, 10:08 PM

Cheers

Was in one stint without leaving I meant.

Whose the next player behind Lewis still at Hibs?

Libby Hibby
04-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Good achievement for wee Marmite...out of interest, does anyone know how many apps for Paul Hanlon? I'll go for more than Lewis.

GreenCastle
04-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Good achievement for wee Marmite...out of interest, does anyone know how many apps for Paul Hanlon? I'll go for more than Lewis.

172 - he went on loan and played 3 games for St J also = 175:agree:

Libby Hibby
04-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Surprised at that but another good servant to the club, if we get a good cup run, Hanlon may not be far behind 200 by end of season

GreenCastle
04-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Surprised at that but another good servant to the club, if we get a good cup run, Hanlon may not be far behind 200 by end of season

Hanlon is still 23 and Lewis is 25 - so if Hanlon stays chances are he will pass it.

erin go bragh
04-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Murray coudnt have been far away from 200 in his first stint with us .

Ggtth

Jonnyboy
04-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Murray coudnt have been far away from 200 in his first stint with us .

Ggtth

I make it around 150 but ma counting isnae great :greengrin

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6413

Purple & Green
04-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Hibs player appearances in the last twenty years:

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_records_filtered.php?opposition=0&from=19&to=143&competition=0&venue=0&update=Update

Which I think means it's pat mcginlay in one spell.

Incredible change in turnover of players post Alex miller - BF :)

Fergus52
04-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Here's to another 200 and hopefully another cup :greengrin

:flag:

Fergus52
04-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Hibs player appearances in the last twenty years:

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_records_filtered.php?opposition=0&from=19&to=143&competition=0&venue=0&update=Update

Which I think means it's pat mcginlay in one spell.

Incredible change in turnover of players post Alex miller - BF :)

Never knew Liam Craig had a 1 in 3 goals per game ratio, that's pretty good going!