PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yams 2013 class of 0-7 v Cis WINNERS 2007

Itsnoteasy
02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Just done a calculation based on starting line ups between Yams 2013 class of 0-7 and Mowbrays young swashbuckling team that lifted the CIS. Average age of team Yams 22.18yrs. 2007 Cis winners 22.8. Not even a year of a difference. Just another bull etihS excuse from these srekcuF

weonlywon6-2
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Just done a calculation based on starting line ups between Yams 2013 class of 0-7 and Mowbrays young swashbuckling team that lifted the CIS. Average age of team Yams 22.18yrs. 2007 Cis winners 22.8. Not even a year of a difference. Just another bull etihS excuse from these srekcuF

Thats quite incredible really.
They are milking this kids thing arent they!!!

Jonnyboy
02-12-2013, 09:54 PM

Ably assisted by BBC Sport, Gorgie Branch and that carrot heided fantasist Banderson

Weststandwanab
02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Not sure milking the kids is a P.C. comment to make :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM

Next they'll be wheeling out Hansen to say "you win nothing with kids" ;)

Itsnoteasy
02-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Not sure milking the kids is a P.C. comment to make :greengrin

:xlol:xlol:xlol

Wotherspiniesta
02-12-2013, 10:32 PM
That canny be true. Golden shower Gaz says his team were only 19.

Pretty Boy
02-12-2013, 10:49 PM
I've made this point across several threads recently.

It's not the age of their team that's the problem, it's the quality.

We were forced to play a young team due to financial constraints. We reached a final, finished 3rd and reached a semi final, finished 4th and reached another semi final and then won a trophy and reached another semi final.

They are bottom of the league and even without the 15 point deduction would still be in big trouble.

The 'poor young laddies' nonsense is a myth being peddled by a poor manager and a BBC dominated by well kent Hearts faces.

FranckSuzy
02-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Ably assisted by BBC Sport, Gorgie Branch and that carrot heided fantasist Banderson

:faf:

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Enjoying the recent comparisons showing up their 'young lads' myth to be a load of bollocks. Been saying it for weeks. Nowt to do with age and all to do with the fact that they are pish. Can someone work out DU's average age? Would be pleasing if they pump the jumbos on Sat with a younger team

Ronniekirk
02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I've made this point across several threads recently.

It's not the age of their team that's the problem, it's the quality.

We were forced to play a young team due to financial constraints. We reached a final, finished 3rd and reached a semi final, finished 4th and reached another semi final and then won a trophy and reached another semi final.

They are bottom of the league and even without the 15 point deduction would still be in big trouble.

The 'poor young laddies' nonsense is a myth being peddled by a poor manager and a BBC dominated by well kent Hearts faces.
Let's see how many of the Golden Generation have to be sold in January and how Mutch they go for.We can give them Mullen back to make up the numbers so they still have a team to put out in the Derby

wazoo1875
02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
That canny be true. Golden shower Gaz says his team were only 19.
They would've needed mair than 19 in their team to win that game yesterday :aok:

jacomo
02-12-2013, 11:38 PM

Wasn't Mowbray's team that lifted the CIS.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Enjoying the recent comparisons showing up their 'young lads' myth to be a load of bollocks. Been saying it for weeks. Nowt to do with age and all to do with the fact that they are pish. Can someone work out DU's average age? Would be pleasing if they pump the jumbos on Sat with a younger team

Average age of Dundee Utd's starting XI against Kilmarnock on Friday night - 23.3
Average age of Hearts' starting XI against Celtic yesterday - 22.1

JeMeSouviens
03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Here's their starting XI from Sunday ...

01 MacDonald
30 McGhee
03 McHattie
02 Hamill
05 McGowan
04 Wilson
08 Robinson
17 Smith
12 Paterson
07 Stevenson
14 Walker

The "basically under 20s" stuff is pish. Out of that lot, only McGhee and Smith weren't first team regulars last year. Fair enough, when you get to their bench you really are looking at "sponsored by clearasil" but given they can put out a team sprinkled with the greatest youngsters ever in the history of world football with a season or more behind them, they really should be pushing for a euro spot by now. :wink:

Mr White
03-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Here's their starting XI from Sunday ...

The "basically under 20s" stuff is pish. Out of that lot, only McGhee and Smith weren't first team regulars last year. Fair enough, when you get to their bench you really are looking at "sponsored by clearasil" but given they can put out a team sprinkled with the greatest youngsters ever in the history of world football with a season or more behind them, they really should be pushing for a euro spot by now. :wink:
:agree:
I like how wilson is always ignored when they mention their 3 senior players, despite having played top level football for 4 seasons including premiership and champions league. Mcdonald hammil wilson and stevenson is a respectable spine by spl standards but they love putting the u20s spin on it.

Pray4Marc
03-12-2013, 09:50 AM
"We would have won if Holt was playing"

I hope the Juventus and Real Madrid scouts weren't in attendance on Sunday, the young galacticos deals will be in jeopardy.

Itsnoteasy
03-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Wasn't Mowbray's team that lifted the CIS.

Your spot on. Mowbray brought them on and JC finished it off. Credit to both.

Elephant Stone
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-boss-gary-locke-accuses-2877805

He [Locke] said: “You have to try to look after our young players in Scotland.

“I’m not making any excuses but we’re not getting any help. I’ve known all along that we need
some experienced players to help these young guys.
“One of my worries is that if we’re on the end of a couple of heavy defeats it can only damage their confidence.
“The club has been mismanaged, there is no doubt about it. The most disappointing thing is it’s like they are punishing the wrong people sometimes or the fans who are trying to keep this club afloat.
“They’re the people who deserve to see a stronger Hearts team."

This sense of entitlement is making their ****ness all the more delightful. Keep it coming, Gary. Tell us more about how good Hearts are entitled to be.

Ell_Chrisso
03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
And yet, they still managed to beat us.....

Go figure

Sergio sledge
03-12-2013, 10:30 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-boss-gary-locke-accuses-2877805

“I’m not making any excuses but we’re not getting any help. I’ve known all along that we need
“One of my worries is that if we’re on the end of a couple of heavy defeats it can only damage their confidence.
“The club has been mismanaged, there is no doubt about it. The most disappointing thing is it’s like they are punishing the wrong people sometimes or the fans who are trying to keep this club afloat.

This sense of entitlement is making their ****ness all the more delightful. Keep it coming, Gary. Tell us more about how good Hearts are entitled to be.

Do the press even check facts?

Locke has been left with a squad made up of mostly teenagers

Not true. According to the birth dates of the squad on Hearts official Website, 13 of the squad of 24 are 20 or over. (I'm assuming Liam Gordeon and Liam Gordon are the same person)

We have 14 outfield players

Not according to your own official site Gary, the squad lists 21 outfield players and 3 goal keepers.

the average age is just 19

Not according to your own official site Gary, the average age of the squad is 20.91. The average age of outfield players is 20.54.

Beefster
03-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Aye but when Skacel signs in January/February/May/June/September, they'll be awesome.

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Time the lad from Loanhead to start thinking before he speaks. He seems to have the gift of contradicting himself in the space of a sentence.

Hes setting himself up as a target for he boo boys with some of the clap trap he's been spouting. How can he see they should take their punishment, then say the punishment is unfair?

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2013, 10:38 AM
And yet, they still managed to beat us.....

Go figure

What can we do to change this?

Beefster
03-12-2013, 10:39 AM

Given the Hearts fans' (and Hearts FC's, for that matter) views on Sevco, it's very hypocritical to start the sob stories now.

03-12-2013, 11:18 AM
First we were getting "best crop of youngsters in the country, they will rise to the challenge and surge towards safety"

Now its "oh but but we just have young laddies, only got a young inexperienced team, not fair . . ."

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM

“I’m not making any excuses but we’re not getting any help..

insert 'scratching head smilie'

Dashing Bob S
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
insert 'scratching head smilie'

Apart from anything else, it's simply not true. They've had enormous help, both in League and cup competitions, from us this season. Without our largesse they would be dead in the water.

Leithenhibby
03-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Aye but when Skacel signs in January/February/May/June/September, they'll be awesome.

:greengrin