PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtc Postpone Killie match

ronaldo7
02-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Celtc take the option to have a winter break.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/celtic-postpone-kilmarnock-game-for-winter-break-1-3217393

Billy Whizz
02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Celtc take the option to have a winter break.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/celtic-postpone-kilmarnock-game-for-winter-break-1-3217393

Noticed that myself. Hibs are due at Aberdeen that weekend, wonder if we're thinking about this, though I think Butcher and Co will want to keep the momentum going. Celtic season ticket holders won't be too happy with the game getting moved from a Saturday 3pm to a Wednesday night

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
cant blame them with having played extra European games and all that, but wouldn't surprise me if they line up a glamour tie against a top side(like hertz) during this 'break'

ronaldo7
02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Noticed that myself. Hibs are due at Aberdeen that weekend, wonder if we're thinking about this, though I think Butcher and Co will want to keep the momentum going. Celtic season ticket holders won't be too happy with the game getting moved from a Saturday 3pm to a Wednesday night

It was agreed that clubs could postpone matches on Jan 11th or 18th, so if we followed suit, it would be against St Mirren on the 18th. I wouldn't be happy if we moved a Saturday 3pm kick off to a midweek game.

I think you're correct and Tel will want to keep the momentum going after beating Aberdeen the week before:wink:

Diclonius
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Didn't even know the SFA were implementing an optional winter break, I actually quite like it. Fair play.

However if we cancelled any of our games, I'd be raging. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
So which glamour tie, which continent will the players be "showcased" in?

FIFA says to teams aspiring to top table...
Splash the cash
Visit foreign destinations
Build business links overseas in target growth markets
Create brand awareness and franchise opportunities overseas

Power, Corruption and Lies - a few cracking tunes from New Order including "Your Silent Face" with the lyric "You caught me at a bad time, so why don't you hi55 off!"

ma6mkd
03-12-2013, 05:30 PM
I hope the game's not moved from the 18th. I booked my travel for the St. Mirren match about a month ago thinking there was little chance of the game being moved for television and now there's the possibility of an optional break!!! It will be the first time I get to see the team under Butcher as well and by 18th Jan they should be firing on all cylinders :agree:

green&left
17-12-2013, 02:58 PM
cant blame them with having played extra European games and all that, but wouldn't surprise me if they line up a glamour tie against a top side(like hertz) during this 'break'

Got it in one. Nice wee winter break for them arranged with the SPFL..... Just in time for them to take part in the Antalya Winter Cup. With Galatasary, Trabzonspor and wait for it... Ajax!!

No issues with clubs wanting a winter weekend or two off, particularly those who have been competing in European competitions. But to be allowed to cancel a league match (again) to play a friendly is nothing short of farcical, especially to their own season ticket holders who have had a Saturday 3pm kick-off switched to a Tuesday/Wednesday night.

PeterboroHibee
17-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I personally disagree with the idea of an 'optional' break. If all teams in the league agree to it then fair enough, but I find it a bit strange that only two teams have opted to have the break.

Also, I wonder if Killie had a say in it? Ive absolutely no doubt Celtic are doing this as they will be jetting off to some exotic location to play a pointless friendly (some break...), but I couldnt see in the article if Killie also agreed with it.

Hibee87
17-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I personally disagree with the idea of an 'optional' break. If all teams in the league agree to it then fair enough, but I find it a bit strange that only two teams have opted to have the break.

Also, I wonder if Killie had a say in it? Ive absolutely no doubt Celtic are doing this as they will be jetting off to some exotic location to play a pointless friendly (some break...), but I couldnt see in the article if Killie also agreed with it.

They have, as the poster abovce has said - they are jetting off to turkey to play in a tournament with galatasary, trabzon and ajax

silverhibee
17-12-2013, 03:25 PM
If they plan to take the option to have a break then that is fair enough, to then go and play a game abroad is just booting the arse out of it imo, just spoke to my brother-in-law who is a ST holder at darkheid and he ain't happy about this decision.

More than likely it will only be celtc who take this option with it being forced on Killie as that is who they are playing, celtc have the money to take there squad to hotter climates to train/play in glamour friendly, as for the rest of us we just have to get on with it and play the games as we can't afford to piss off the fans.

Haymaker
17-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Bit of a joke.

Billy Whizz
17-12-2013, 04:41 PM
They are discussing this at the moment on Talksport, and Adrian Durham is ripping into Celtic

Leithenhibby
17-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Bit of a joke.

Surely they (Celtic), are well within their rights to take this break if they feel the need.
It's been agreed with everyone, and everyone does have the option. I don't see the fuss to be honest.

Parkhead would be half empty anyway :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
17-12-2013, 06:36 PM
nice wee away day for the wicked Green Brigade! Ajax boys will be rubbing their hands too you'd think.

Ronniekirk
17-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Surely they (Celtic), are well within their rights to take this break if they feel the need.
It's been agreed with everyone, and everyone does have the option. I don't see the fuss to be honest.

Agree there crowds are well down and they can't afford to bring in the same quality Is that the rangers effect . And all those fans just can't be bothered turning up

marinello59
17-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Agree there crowds are well down and they can't afford to bring in the same quality Is that the rangers effect . And all those fans just can't be bothered turning up

Definitely. We no longer have a two horse race. It's a one horse race. That does make it much harder to attract quality players to both Celtic and our league in general.

Eyrie
17-12-2013, 07:56 PM
The entire league should either take a break or play on. There shouldn't be an option for one game to be postponed, and certainly not so that the club involved can chase some extra cash. If the SPFL had any balls it would announce that, as they are not taking a break, Septic will be expected to fulfil the fixture as originally scheduled and if they don't then Kilmarnock will be awarded a 3-0 win.

Hmmm - there's something in that last sentence that's doesn't look right :confused:

Haymaker
18-12-2013, 04:19 AM

It's the arranging a friendly that's a joke.

lucky
18-12-2013, 05:43 AM
This is about money nothing else. On Saturday there was around 23000 at Parkhead, they know they are struggling to keep fans interested so they ate looking to maximize their income outside Scotland.