PDA

View Full Version : Yams A wee snippet from inside Hearts

Twa Cairpets
02-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Not earth shattering but my son (a student at HWU) has been chatting with a genuine insider in the Hearts camp.
To quote the text "Hearts players morale is completely crushed after yesterday, and they all know they're going down. They are all dreading the New Year derby as well"
I have never ever posted an ITK before, but I believe this info to be bob on the money, and thought I'd share it to add to the general mirth and merriment.

If the bit about the derby is accurate - and I suspect it is - the combo of a resurgent, Tel led Hibs, a quaking bunch of shattered fuds defecating themselves in fear and a Hibs support scenting blood for once might just make it a great start to 2014.

Ronniekirk
02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Not earth shattering but my son (a student at HWU) has been chatting with a genuine insider in the Hearts camp.
To quote the text "Hearts players morale is completely crushed after yesterday, and they all know they're going down. They are all dreading the New Year derby as well"
I have never ever posted an ITK before, but I believe this info to be bob on the money, and thought I'd share it to add to the general mirth and merriment.

If the bit about the derby is accurate - and I suspect it is - the combo of a resurgent, Tel led Hibs, a quaking bunch of shattered fuds defecating themselves in fear and a Hibs support scenting blood for once might just make it a great start to 2014.
By then the Fans won't be turning up in usual numbers as they will know they can't win that one and defiance alone was only going to motivate them until it became clear that they have nothing to play for Cheats will always get their just deserts Natural Justice will prevail

semaj64
02-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Would be a great start to the year. Been let down by Hibs so often, even when we are the favourites this time though TB will have them up for it.

DC_Hibs
02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
There will only be two derby humiliations this season and those have happened already.

A reminder that next time round we will have pretty much the same players including experienced midfield pros like Craig, Robertson (and Thomson?) who failed to take care of their kids the last two times.

A draw at St Mirren and a good win away to a poor Ross County side in the cup and suddenly Butcher is the messiah and we are back to having a "decent" squad again.

There have been small improvements yes - and Butcher will be a big improvement on Fenlon - but there is plenty work to do so dont get carried away that HoMFC will be overly concerned about the mighty Hibs because of one pumping by Celtc.

A defeat on saturday and hanlon will be back to being a softie, Stevenson mediocre and the squad still lacking pace, width and creativity due to a host of clone central midfielders.

In summary, calm doon FFS.

The_Todd
02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
We're now nailed on to lose to them now. Happens every time.

Off the bar
02-12-2013, 08:56 PM

yup exactly what I thought when I read the OP! hope we're wrong though!

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2013, 08:58 PM

A few golden showers with Gaz and morale will be sky high again.

Twa Cairpets
02-12-2013, 08:58 PM
There will only be two derby humiliations this season and those have happened already.

A reminder that next time round we will have pretty much the same players including experienced midfield pros like Craig, Robertson (and Thomson?) who failed to take care of their kids the last two times.

A draw at St Mirren and a good win away to a poor Ross County side in the cup and suddenly Butcher is the messiah and we are back to having a "decent" squad again.

There have been small improvements yes - and Butcher will be a big improvement on Fenlon - but there is plenty work to do so dont get carried away that HoMFC will be overly concerned about the mighty Hibs because of one pumping by Celtc.

A defeat on saturday and hanlon will be back to being a softie, Stevenson mediocre and the squad still lacking pace, width and creativity due to a host of clone central midfielders.

Bloody hell. A light hearted, relatively inconsequential post adding to the general fun of a day after Hearts have been humped having heard a bit of gratifyingly grim news from inside Yamdom gets your panties all in a twist.

Your reaction is way over the top, and you do seem to like to wallow in misery about what might or might not happen.

In summary, right back atcha, calm doon FFS.

Jack Hackett
02-12-2013, 09:00 PM

Not every time, but certainly more often than I care to recall :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
02-12-2013, 09:02 PM
yup exactly what I thought when I read the OP! hope we're wrong though!

On the basis I've generally always expected the worst when we play them, and its more often than not come to pass, I'm trying to be positive beforehand rather than miserable before and after.

If it is true that they're apprehensive, it'll be the first time in a while we've been a better place than them psychologically.

DC_Hibs
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Bloody hell. A light hearted, relatively inconsequential post adding to the general fun of a day after Hearts have been humped having heard a bit of gratifyingly grim news from inside Yamdom gets your panties all in a twist.

Your reaction is way over the top, and you do seem to like to wallow in misery about what might or might not happen.

In summary, right back atcha, calm doon FFS.

I wasn't "wallowing in misery". I was too busy pishing masel laughing at your thread.

Apologies, I didn't realise you were at the wind up and I should have known you couldn't have been serious!

LancsHibs
02-12-2013, 09:09 PM
It's a massive game for them on Saturday, if DU beat them convincingly I believe that will be them finished, they will have no fight. :brokenyam:

Onion
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM

:top marks Spot on. What a shocker - Hibs fans already wetting themselves about how Hibs are going to take Hearts apart because someones cousin says some Hearts youngsters are not feeling too good after a 7 goal doing. How celestial bodies are converging to ensure our next historic victory against the BDO XI.

Mikey
02-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Did you guys get today's e-mail from the club?

"Confidence" was the theme.

Take note............

Pretty Boy
02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
We'll beat them on the 2nd.

We should have beat them at Tynecastle, we were very poor that day but had a couple of decent chances and were coming into the game when we got sucker punched.

We dominated the 1st 25 mins in the cup game then got sucker punched again. A team low on confidence then went into it's shell.

TB isn't a miracle worker but there has been a noticeable improvement in only 2 games imo. We look more committed, faster, hungrier and more intent on getting forward. In another few weeks we will be ready for Hearts.

I'm going to boldly predict a comfortable Hibs victory on January 2nd.

Ryan91
02-12-2013, 09:21 PM

Take note............

Also note that the club are giving fans the opportunity to place "inspiring" messages along the walls of the tunnel

Twa Cairpets
02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
:top marks Spot on. What a shocker - Hibs fans already wetting themselves about how Hibs are going to take Hearts apart because someones cousin says some Hearts youngsters are not feeling too good after a 7 goal doing. How celestial bodies are converging to ensure our next historic victory against the BDO XI.

FFS.
My son (who I trust, oddly enough) was with a Hearts employee today who in conversation tells him what I posted. I post this with a disclaimer of "not earth shattering" in the first line, and end up getting accused of the kind of guff in your post?

Where is there anything about wetting myself? Where have I said anything about taking them apart?

It was a low key post, about something I believe to be true given the source, and it should be making us just a little happier and them just a little sadder. End of.

You need to fine tune your critical reading skills.

Ryan91
02-12-2013, 09:23 PM

We should have beat them at Tynecastle, we were very poor that day but had a couple of decent chances and were coming into the game when we got sucker punched.

We dominated the 1st 25 mins in the cup game then got sucker punched again. A team low on confidence then went into it's shell.

TB isn't a miracle worker but there has been a noticeable improvement in only 2 games imo. We look more committed, faster, hungrier and more intent on getting forward. In another few weeks we will be ready for Hearts.

I'm predicting a scrappy 1-0 win for Hibs - because derbies are mostly scrappy close affairs these days.

PatHead
02-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I was talking to the mother of one of Hearts young heroes on Friday. She told me that he and a number of other young players were "a bit fed up" just now. They aren't enjoying training or the long ball game as he wants to play football and he feels he is not getting the chance to play football with Hearts. He is a first team regular.

Yesterday didn't surprise me at all and I do think things will get worse

I don't want to name the player before anyone asks.

Flanny boy
02-12-2013, 09:33 PM

I,ll second this pb a comfortable hibs win we,ll wipe the floor with them and put them in there place in the gutter where those vermin belong :agree::agree::agree:

Jonnyboy
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
FFS.
My son (who I trust, oddly enough) was with a Hearts employee today who in conversation tells him what I posted. I post this with a disclaimer of "not earth shattering" in the first line, and end up getting accused of the kind of guff in your post?

Where is there anything about wetting myself? Where have I said anything about taking them apart?

It was a low key post, about something I believe to be true given the source, and it should be making us just a little happier and them just a little sadder. End of.

Can't believe the grief you're getting TC. No wonder folk shy away from sharing snippets at times

Kato
02-12-2013, 09:40 PM
It was a low key post....

How does that work? :wink:

For what it's worth next time we beat them it'll be more to do with our fitness and state of mind than anything to do with them.

Yesterdays game started very much like the last derby at ER, with the main exception being Celtic got the ball in the net early doors and from there their collapse was inevitable.

mutley
02-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I have absolutely dreaded any Derby match after THAT day, and I think there is something we can all agree on, no matter what circumstances, the Yams are (were) ALWAYS more up for it.

Under the leadership of TB, I can only hope and also believe that we will be a push over no more.

weonlywon6-2
02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
It's a massive game for them on Saturday, if DU beat them convincingly I believe that will be them finished, they will have no fight. :brokenyam:

I will be surprised if they get anything from the united game and it is possible gary locke may stand aside for someone else which would most probably be harry potter.if that happens he may steady the ship a bit but they will still go down.
Real test is kilie game soon,lose that and its tata

Twa Cairpets
02-12-2013, 09:51 PM

For what it's worth next time we beat them it'll be more to do with our fitness and state of mind than anything to do with them.

Yesterdays game started very much like the last derby at ER, with the main exception being Celtic got the ball in the net early doors and from there their collapse was inevitable.

I Thor-t it was lowkey. I should be Baldir in my assertions. Getting to the point I don't give a Frigg.

Actually though, I disagree, for all Hearts are clearly loathsome lowlife, they have engendered (with some justification, in fairness) a mentality that they always beat Hibs, regardless of how good or bad the respective team fortunes are at the time. If they actually are going through a bit of a confidence crisis and are apprehensive about us, then great, it may just make the difference.

Weststandwanab
02-12-2013, 09:51 PM

Take note............ Did they not mean coincidence ?

I'm going to boldly predict a comfortable Hibs victory on January 2nd. I agree a comfortable Hibs victory.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-12-2013, 09:53 PM

and no doubt Stevenson will make that last minute dramatic come back. Just in time.

Hibs will win this one though.

Phil D. Rolls
02-12-2013, 09:57 PM

Put down of the year.:not worth

poolman
02-12-2013, 09:58 PM

Exactly,could not have put it better

Let's calm doon

Hibernianinc
02-12-2013, 10:19 PM
I like Twa Cairpits post.

See if you spoke to jambos before the cup match, they were all giving it "we'll beat you" and "you bottle it" p1sh, which just so happened to be the case.

I'd like us to go into the derby on the 2nd looking to tear strips off them.

I don't want us giving them ANY respect.

I want it 100 miles and hour, men v boys, absolute tanking.

I'm sure everyone wants the same, but how about a bit of confidence on here?

They are rank-rotten.

clerriehibs
02-12-2013, 10:29 PM

What are the rest of the grumbleweeds doing these days?

Hiber-nation
02-12-2013, 10:29 PM
I like Twa Cairpits post.

See if you spoke to jambos before the cup match, they were all giving it "we'll beat you" and "you bottle it" p1sh, which just so happened to be the case.

I'd like us to go into the derby on the 2nd looking to tear strips off them.

I don't want us giving them ANY respect.

I want it 100 miles and hour, men v boys, absolute tanking.

I'm sure everyone wants the same, but how about a bit of confidence on here?

They are rank-rotten.

:agree:

No-one's daft enough to think that we're suddenly the real deal after 2 scrappy clean sheets. Loads of work to be done and new players required. However there is now a feelgood factor at the club and I can't see the problem in being confident of winning a game in which we'll be red hot favourites against a totally demoralised bunch. This isn't the 2012 Cup Final when we were on a hiding to nothing yet anyone on here predicting anything other than a Hibs win was bizarrely told to "man up".

This is different. We're due them it, we're in a decent position to do it and it has to happen.

Hiber-nation
02-12-2013, 10:31 PM
What are the rest of the grumbleweeds doing these days?

Jambos for sure.

Hermit Crab
02-12-2013, 10:35 PM
I think we will win but we've got a terrible habit of not turning up against them and bottling it. I hope butcher addresses this problem promptly as the next derby is a fantastic chance to demolish them.

We wont have any new players in time for this game and with heff likely to bet out or not quite match fit, where are the goals going to come from? Handling, Collins, Craig or cummings? I just don't see us scoring a lot of goals against them. We've not even scored against them in two attempts already this season. I reckon they will be looking forward to it more than us after all they have beaten us twice with their kids already.

Its the Hibs way to let you down badly and the final hurdle.:agree:

Paisley Hibby
02-12-2013, 10:39 PM

Exactly!

Just think, if we had scored early doors in the last derby (and we should have) then Pat Fenlon would probably still be our manager :cb

clerriehibs
02-12-2013, 10:43 PM

What they should be worried about is their next game; the Arabs at tannadice really could top the 7-0 they've just suffered. And how sweet would that be!

Hermit Crab
02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Exactly!

Just think, if we had scored early doors in the last derby (and we should have) then Pat Fenlon would probably still be our manager :cb

Every cloud and all that. :wink:

500miles
02-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Hearts got lucky twice this season. They would need earth shattering good fortune to win like those two games again. We were the better team in both, but just couldn't bury our chances.

johnrebus
02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
It must be nearly forty years since I was confident of beating Hearts.

Nothing has changed, and won't change till we actually start ****ing doing it.

End of.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I was talking to the mother of one of Hearts young heroes on Friday. She told me that he and a number of other young players were "a bit fed up" just now. They aren't enjoying training or the long ball game as he wants to play football and he feels he is not getting the chance to play football with Hearts. He is a first team regular.

Did he wet the bed last night?

FranckSuzy
02-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Did he wet the bed last night?

You get promoted to the First Team for doing that.

brog
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks to the OP for an interesting & informative post. As its panto season, boo to those posters who somehow get pleasure out of trying to belittle a genuine poster. These comments are worthy of JKB, we should be better.

Kato
02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
If they actually are going through a bit of a confidence crisis and are apprehensive about us, then great, it may just make the difference.

Yup, every little helps.

Kato
02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Exactly!

PF had already decided to go.

frazeHFC
02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
I said we'd beat them at Tynie. I then said we'd beat them at ER. Both didn't quite go to plan, but what we do know is that Butcher will have them well up for this!

Hermit Crab
02-12-2013, 11:35 PM

You're obviously getting to them as your thread has been copied and pasted on to KB and there is a feeding frenzy in progress as we speak. :greengrin

Pete
02-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Its the Hibs way to let you down badly and the final hurdle.:agree:

Part of the process of changing to a new, positive attitude around the club should be stopping the repeating of negative claptrap like this.

We've been let down a few times but we shouldn't be repeating the same old negative summations.

No offence mate but we should be losing this type of attitude from top to bottom, even in jest.

Hermit Crab
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Part of the process of changing to a new, positive attitude around the club should be stopping the repeating of negative claptrap like this.

We've been let down a few times but we shouldn't be repeating the same old negative summations.

No offence mate but we should be losing this type of attitude from top to bottom, even in jest.

Good luck with that. Seriously. Will take while for folk to change their minds. Needs more than 2 games thats for sure.

God Petrie
02-12-2013, 11:48 PM
The jambos have short memories given we horsed them last season. They've beaten us and Aberdeen, two bigger clubs than them. Well done I guess. Plucky victories for a shell of a club.

They'll get a rude awakening against TBs Hibs.

PatHead
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM

Just been told that this post has appeared on JKB. For any Jambos looking in it is true but being a decent person who supports a decent club (something you cheating, charity robbing, bar stewards know nothing about) I won't name the source but the player played in your last league game.

You better start asking your mum/lover/sister for the bus fare to Greenock next year as you are going down after a right good thrashing at New Year from Edinburgh's Premier club.

kaimendhibs
03-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Thanks to the OP for an interesting & informative post. As its panto season, boo to those posters who somehow get pleasure out of trying to belittle a genuine poster. These comments are worthy of JKB, we should be better.

Top marks. Fwiw I am 100% confident we will hammer them in January

Sent from my iphone

Twa Cairpets
03-12-2013, 06:23 AM
You're obviously getting to them as your thread has been copied and pasted on to KB and there is a feeding frenzy in progress as we speak. :greengrin

We'll that was a fun read over on Deludedville.

Again with the inability to actually interpret words and sentences.

For the benefit of any charity-fraudster looking in, no it wasn't Robbie Neilson, and no, I won't say who it was either because (a) it wouldn't be fair to the individual and (b) it's fun seeing the reaction.

I care as much as Vlad does about Hearts if you believe it or not. Fact is, things are on the floor over at the wongadome, and it is my sincere desire and increasing belief that it could (note - could, not will) result in a decent doing at ER in jan.

HibbySpurs
03-12-2013, 07:04 AM

And this is part of the problem... For years they have turned up EXPECTING to beat us, meanwhile we're already out with the excuses 5 weeks before the game.....

I fully expect us to beat them on the 2nd, I'm not expecting a barrowload of goals because that just isnt going to come from our current squad but beat them we will...

I just wish some of my fellow Hibs supporters could take the same attitude and then come KO time on the 2nd the noise from the Hibs fans will be as intimidating as facing an experienced squad who by that time will hopefully be on something of a decent run....

If we the supporters dont have any belief in the team before a game KO'S then we're already beat....

Get behind the team, believe we can win and let the players know it and it will filter down to them.

:flag:

Jack Hackett
03-12-2013, 07:09 AM

For the benefit of any charity-fraudster looking in, no it wasn't Robbie Neilson, and no, I won't say who it was either because (a) it wouldn't be fair to the individual and (b) it's fun seeing the reaction.

I care as much as Vlad does about Hearts if you believe it or not. Fact is, things are on the floor over at the wongadome, and it is my sincere desire and increasing belief that it could (note - could, not will) result in a decent doing at ER in jan.

Well put TC. Regardless of the CVA outcome,, they're totally Donald Ducked

Weststandwanab
03-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Just been told that this post has appeared on JKB. For any Jambos looking in it is true but being a decent person who supports a decent club (something you cheating, charity robbing, bar stewards know nothing about) I won't name the source but the player played in your last league game.

You better start asking your mum/lover/sister for the bus fare to Greenock next year as you are going down after a right good thrashing at New Year from Edinburgh's Premier club.What a great post.

I care as much as Vlad does about Hearts if you believe it or not. Fact is, things are on the floor over at the wongadome, and it is my sincere desire and increasing belief that it could (note - could, not will) result in a decent doing at ER in jan.I agree GGTTH

Aldo
03-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Anything negative that is written about them usually appears on Brokeback and is dissected with the usual piss bout being big club blah blah blah.

Thing is the majority still don't get it. They think that they will be back to normal as soon as everything involving the CVA etc is sorted. They still believe they will have the 3rd biggest player budget in Scotland.
Ha ****ing ha.

Where is all this money coming from.

I am happy for them to think what they want and look forward to their further demise on the park in
The coming weeks against UTD Smellic and ICT.

For all you muppets looking in

GIRFUY

Steve20
03-12-2013, 08:08 AM
We'll beat them at New Year. I have no doubts about that.

clerriehibs
03-12-2013, 08:25 AM
I have absolutely dreaded any Derby match after THAT day, and I think there is something we can all agree on, no matter what circumstances, the Yams are (were) ALWAYS more up for it.

Under the leadership of TB, I can only hope and also believe that we will be a push over no more.

Seems like the yams actually did kill off at least something of hibs that day. You should get over it, any passing yams might laugh at that tail stuck between your legs.

Personally,I think they're **** and their days of "dominance" as a result of their thieving ways are well and truly over.

rcarter1
03-12-2013, 08:27 AM
I actually feel for the Hearts players. Of all the people to blame for their overall predicament, they are last in line. Even Locke is just trying to help his club out of a deep hole. However for everyone else in the situation, nothing would be more fitting than Hibs ending very strongly against these guys. It would be great to have two really big memorable wins against them before(if) they go down. Something for the Hearts supporters to take with them when they ask was it all worth it.

clerriehibs
03-12-2013, 08:28 AM
It must be nearly forty years since I was confident of beating Hearts.

Nothing has changed, and won't change till we actually start ****ing doing it.

End of.

Forty years? Sure we were unbeaten against them last season.

O'Rourke3
03-12-2013, 08:40 AM
I Thor-t it was Loki. I should be Baldir in my assertions. Getting to the point I don't give a Frigg.

Actually though, I disagree, for all Hearts are clearly loathsome lowlife, they have engendered (with some justification, in fairness) a mentality that they always beat Hibs, regardless of how good or bad the respective team fortunes are at the time. If they actually are going through a bit of a confidence crisis and are apprehensive about us, then great, it may just make the difference.
Fixed it :thumbsup:

AndyM_1875
03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Whilst I think we'll win at New Year I'm far from convinced it will be in the slightest bit comfortable.
We'll probably be 2-0 up after an hour probably more to their ineptitude than anything and then we'll concede via some utter cock up or needless own goal with 20 minutes to go where we'll collectively soil our knickers in panic before scraping home eventually.

Any Hibs fan expecting 4-0 or something like that is living in cloud cuckoo land. Whilst they may be all but down they'll still be fighting if only for their pride.

Meanwhile this weekend, Hearts will get torn to bits by an exciting young Dundee United team.

green glory
03-12-2013, 09:42 AM
I actually feel for the Hearts players. Of all the people to blame for their overall predicament, they are last in line. Even Locke is just trying to help his club out of a deep hole. However for everyone else in the situation, nothing would be more fitting than Hibs ending very strongly against these guys. It would be great to have two really big memorable wins against them before(if) they go down. Something for the Hearts supporters to take with them when they ask was it all worth it.

I agree, especially about Gary Locke. It's not his fault HoMFC haven't got a pot to piss in.

Why would they need one anyway when they've got him. :cb

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2013, 09:59 AM
They're getting pumped on the 2nd. A brutal, dry, pounding. Justice.

ScottB
03-12-2013, 10:23 AM
They're getting pumped on the 2nd. A brutal, dry, pounding. Justice.

You better not pout, you better not cry, grit your teeth darling, I'm going in dry...

Thecat23
03-12-2013, 10:47 AM
They were so lucky in the first 30 mins of the cup game at ER not to be losing by 3 or 4. If we had Butcher in that day we wouldn't have started to play slow passing across and back. It would have been attack, attack, attack. No way would he have us let up even after they scored.

The derby in Jan is one I honestly believe will see Hearts lose by 3 or 4. Our midfield will press them right up and hopefully they chip in with a goal or two. Hearts should fear us because for once this is a team that has been battered loads this season but finally got what they deserved and that will ruin a few of them on Sunday mark my words.

Any Jambos looking in, you boys have it coming!!!

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2013, 10:54 AM

Oh no we shouldn't!

Thecat23
03-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Oh no we shouldn't!

Oh yes we should!!!!

--------
03-12-2013, 11:21 AM
On the basis I've generally always expected the worst when we play them, and its more often than not come to pass, I'm trying to be positive beforehand rather than miserable before and after.

If it is true that they're apprehensive, it'll be the first time in a while we've been a better place than them psychologically.

I agree with you, TC.

Years and years ago I was persuaded by mates to go to the Napoli game in spite of the fact that I was totally convinced we were in for another gubbing. I moaned all the way to the game, right up to the moment Bobby D's piledriver hit the back of Zoff's net.

I was really confident we would beat Dirty Leeds on the next round, and we got screwed by Crooked Clive Thomas and the Revie the Necrophiliac Undertaker.

Ever since then I've had the feeling in my gut that if I approach a Hibs game hopeful and optimistic, and say so, I'm putting the hems on them. Can't help it.

(Gloomy Doddie - Napoli - triumph; optimistic Doddie - Leeds - shafted; don't ever be optimistic again. Get it?)

Right now I'm struggling with the crazy idea that we might - just might - have a management team in place who can turn things around and get us playing again. That Rod Petrie might have made the right decision this time. That good times might be just around the corner.

In the Doddie Dimension, this does not compute. So I'm desperately fighting it, which doesn't half take the gloss off what was actually a most pleasingly Schadenfreudean weekend.

(Not only are the Jambos screaming in pain, the Huns didn't like what happened at the PBS one little bit either.)

Maybe truth is we weren't THAT good against Ross County, and they weren't that good on the day. But the team fought for one another and for the fans. Danny Handling scored a peach of a goal.

This hasn't happened that often recently, and the fact is that we got a win at a ground where we've never won before - rather than a risky replay at ER next week or even a last-minute defeat. Terry B gave a dignified and positive post-match interview, respecting the opposition and dealing with all issues in a fair-minded and mature manner. The fans were magnificent, and the events of Sunday afternoon were truly Carlsberg-brewed. So many bumptious "big teams" humbled.

Even Thomson couldn't rain on our parade. ( I DO hope he was at Tynie on the Sunday.)

We have a home draw in the next round, and while Raith will be no pushovers, we have a realistic chance of the quarters.

So like you say, let's be happy and positive and optimistic for once in our miserable lives.

(BUT - I promise I'll revert to Doom-and-Gloom on Friday evening in time for the Partick game. Just in case. :wink:)

Phil MaGlass
03-12-2013, 11:27 AM
We as fans really need to get the winning mentality, whomever we play and I include sellik in that, Im sure its one of the reasons why the windae lickers at the PBS beat us, even when they dinnae huv a team and are playing crap, they are always positive against us, whereas on too many occassions we have been apprehensive or just plain bottled it. Its no real man.

Keith_M
03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
It's up to Hibs to actually turn up and beat them.

I've watched enough derbies in the last three decades to never take that for granted.

Keith_M
03-12-2013, 11:51 AM
We as fans really need to get the winning mentality, whomever we play and I include sellik in that, Im sure its one of the reasons why the windae lickers at the PBS beat us, even when they dinnae huv a team and are playing crap, they are always positive against us, whereas on too many occassions we have been apprehensive or just plain bottled it. Its no real man.

You really need to explain your logic.

After turning up at Hampden two years in a row in fantastic numbers, and creating a great atmosphere (repeated again at home to Malmo), I see very little evidence that it has anythingto do with how positive/negative the fans feel.

MrSmith
03-12-2013, 11:54 AM
FFS.

Sometimes far easier to say nothing eh? :confused:

Ta for the info though and I'm glad to read that there sphincters may be twitching! About time!

mmmmhibby
03-12-2013, 11:54 AM

In summary, calm doon FFS. This!!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2013, 12:10 PM
It's up to Hibs to actually turn up and beat them.

I've watched enough derbies in the last three decades to never take that for granted.

Yup, no matter the state of the Yams (they've proved it this season in particular) they are capable of "roping-a-dope". Dismiss them at your peril. When their backs are to the wall they seem to put in a shift and performance. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case with us by and large in the Derbies in my time (Miller-era til now).

RoslinInstHibby
03-12-2013, 12:17 PM

i can hear them train from my office, bugged me for years hearing them laugh n joke etc......not this week, they are hurting big time :agree:
:greengrin

Weststandwanab
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
i can hear them train from my office, bugged me for years hearing them laugh n joke etc......not this week, they are hurting big time :agree:
:greengrin Could you elaborate for us ?

The Sea-gull
03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
We should be confident about playing Hearts at any time just now. Any team in the league should be. It doesn't mean that we will beat them far less pump them. Just look at the two games we have played against tehm this season. We were awful at Tynie in August (so were they just actually managed to take one of the few chances in the game) and we pounded them at ER in the cup but still conspired to lose. Either could happen again or we could play well and win.

We have had a workman like draw at St Mirren and a good but narrow win at Ross Co. It doesn't suddenly mean we are great and are guarunteed to beat anyone. We must also remember that in and around all the talk that comes out ahead of the fixtures these days of how we will pump Hearts, I think we can only justifably say we have done this twice in the last 25 years (Millenium derby and 6-2) and both of these were 13/14 years ago. History is against us as ever. Also, bear in mind that this Hearts team has only really been pumped by Celtic a team who could easily pump us or anyone else by 7 if everything went for them.

I am definitely much more confident with Terry at the helm and while we could pump them given their circumstances, I highly doubt their players are "dreading" the New Year derby.

Brightside
03-12-2013, 12:39 PM
We will batter them 3-0. They wont have a shot on goal.

Phil MaGlass
03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
You really need to explain your logic.

After turning up at Hampden two years in a row in fantastic numbers, and creating a great atmosphere (repeated again at home to Malmo), I see very little evidence that it has anythingto do with how positive/negative the fans feel.

Theres a difference between creating an atmosphere and actually believing we were going to win these games . Even the final against sellik, alot just turned up for the day out, you can believe otherwise but thats what I think.

147lothian
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
In the cup game, the first 30 minutes looked like a game between two teams from different leagues, we were quicker, stronger and were thinking faster than them, they were hemmed in their own half, if anyone of 4 or 5 good chances had gone in, i've no doubt there would only have been one team winning it.

The goal they got was a break away, you don't always get what you deserve in football, they must have been delighted because they know they got a result they didn't deserve, smaller teams only get one chance at being lucky, they have had theirs, as much as I hate Hibs being favourites I am quiety confident about Jan 2nd, its just the nature of football things, they have had their piece of luck, thats gone a new ball game and one I fully expect Hibs to win, not by a big margin but I expect a Hibs win none the less

JimBHibees
03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
In the cup game, the first 30 minutes looked like a game between two teams from different leagues, we were quicker, stronger and were thinking faster than them, they were hemmed in their own half, if anyone of 4 or 5 good chances had gone in, i've no doubt there would only have been one team winning it.

The goal they got was a break away, you don't always get what you deserve in football, they must have been delighted because they know they got a result they didn't deserve, smaller teams only get one chance at being lucky, they have had theirs, as much as I hate Hibs being favourites I am quiety confident about Jan 2nd, its just the nature of football things, they have had their piece of luck, thats gone a new ball game and one I fully expect Hibs to win, not by a big margin but I expect a Hibs win none the less

The problem with the cup game wasnt that Hearts scored on the break which can obviously happen it was how badly Hibs both players and supporters reacted to going a goal down. It was very poor and showed a real lack of confidence and mental strength. Hopefully Terry and Maurice will have the players better prepared both physically and mentally.

HibbySpurs
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
The problem with the cup game wasnt that Hearts scored on the break which can obviously happen it was how badly Hibs both players and supporters reacted to going a goal down. It was very poor and showed a real lack of confidence and mental strength. Hopefully Terry and Maurice will have the players better prepared both physically and mentally.

We dominated the game up until they scored and if it wasnt for their 'keeper we would have been out of sight.... Sadly they sneaked a goal and we fell apart, the fans, the players the whole lot.....

It was a strange one as there was just no fight left in most supporters I reckon... I've been at so many big games over the years where we go a goal down but the East reacts by roaring the team back into the game... I've seen many games turned around because the fans have encouraged and spurred the team on by generating a wall of noise...

That night, this just didnt happen, we went flat and stayed flat, as I said most likely becuase the team was at such a low ebb that we as fans had been dragged down with them and the apathy was quite scary...

That era has past and we should be looking forward to the future.... We're all a bit bruised from the last few years but to me it still has to be us that keep blind faith (I know, I know) and do everything we can from the stands to motivate and ecourage our team back to winning ways... FWIW I know we'll be doing this on the 2nd & I think this will make a difference....

:tbgwa:

johnrebus
03-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Forty years? Sure we were unbeaten against them last season.

Yes, of course.

But what I said is that I am never confident of us beating them. It's almost as though we are jinxed against them.

Never mind this season - in two games we should have pished all over them and got beat.

Last season there was the Griffith goal that never was and so on and so on down through the years.

It has to change sometime, please let it be on the 2nd of January.

And I don't want a 1-0 or a 2-1 - I want a 4 or 5 nil.

:pray:

Twa Cairpets
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
From a true trumpet called IJ on hurtingmuchback. ..it's an absolute fabrication pulled straight out of his arse by a sad, twisted old man who has known absolutely NOTHING but dry fistings from HMFC his entire adult life

My goodness they're suffering aren't they?
"Fabrication" nope, no matter how much you really, really want it to be
"Sad, twisted old man" :na na::rotflmao::shocked:
"NOTHING but dry fistings..." Apart from the 6-2 of course. Or the ten men o'connor game. Or the millennium derby, or the Casper game, or all of last season. Or don't they count?:casper::jamboclow: I could be cruel and contrast this with the fisting delivered by the supreme leader of course. Potential to be the dry reaming of all time.:titanic::Romanov:@gdown::******:

JeMeSouviens
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM
My goodness they're suffering aren't they?
"Fabrication" nope, no matter how much you really, really want it to be
"Sad, twisted old man" :na na::rotflmao::shocked:
"NOTHING but dry fistings..." Apart from the 6-2 of course. Or the ten men o'connor game. Or the millennium derby, or the Casper game, or all of last season. Or don't they count?:casper::jamboclow: I could be cruel and contrast this with the fisting delivered by the supreme leader of course. Potential to be the dry reaming of all time.:titanic::Romanov:@gdown::******:

Thing is, if you really were old you'd have been through the late 60s, the early 70s, the yo-yo years and right up to when they got back up at the 2nd attempt. Throughout that 15 years or so, we were easily Edinburgh's big team. The mantra from them in those days was that they were "potentially" Scotland's 3rd force. Looks like those days might be returning.

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Thing is, if you really were old you'd have been through the late 60s, the early 70s, the yo-yo years and right up to when they got back up at the 2nd attempt. Throughout that 15 years or so, we were easily Edinburgh's big team. The mantra from them in those days was that they were "potentially" Scotland's 3rd force. Looks like those days might be returning.

Those days will be a picnic compared to now. Stadium running costs, for example, are much higher than then. They will be gone for a very long time.

One Day Soon
03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Terry Butcher will already know that he is carrying a lot of goodwill from us partly because it hasn't been a bad start so far and partly because we are desperate for a successful manager and a successful team.

He will also know that the fastest and surest way to buy himself a lot of longer term goodwill is to take the Rover drivers to the cleaners at New Year. (can we still call them Rover drivers? Rover went bust I think and so have the the winners of WWI)

Anyway if anyone thinks that Butcher and Malpas will be planning anything other than a full on 90 minute hurricane for the yellow cardigan brigade in our next match I think they are in for a surprise. Getting the right result in that game is worth a lot more than just three points for both Butcher and Petrie.

I'm expecting Locke and those proud, proud lads to return to Bamcastle having been torn a whole new jacksie.

hibs0666
03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
He will also know that the fastest and surest way to buy himself a lot of longer term goodwill is to take the Rover drivers to the cleaners at New Year. (can we still call them Rover drivers? Rover went bust I think and so have the the winners of WWI)

When I think of them I think cardigans and slacks rather than Rovers these days.

GreenLake
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
I agree with you, TC.

Years and years ago I was persuaded by mates to go to the Napoli game in spite of the fact that I was totally convinced we were in for another gubbing. I moaned all the way to the game, right up to the moment Bobby D's piledriver hit the back of Zoff's net.

I was really confident we would beat Dirty Leeds on the next round, and we got screwed by Crooked Clive Thomas and the Revie the Necrophiliac Undertaker.

Ever since then I've had the feeling in my gut that if I approach a Hibs game hopeful and optimistic, and say so, I'm putting the hems on them. Can't help it.

(Gloomy Doddie - Napoli - triumph; optimistic Doddie - Leeds - shafted; don't ever be optimistic again. Get it?)

Right now I'm struggling with the crazy idea that we might - just might - have a management team in place who can turn things around and get us playing again. That Rod Petrie might have made the right decision this time. That good times might be just around the corner.

In the Doddie Dimension, this does not compute. So I'm desperately fighting it, which doesn't half take the gloss off what was actually a most pleasingly Schadenfreudean weekend.

(Not only are the Jambos screaming in pain, the Huns didn't like what happened at the PBS one little bit either.)

Maybe truth is we weren't THAT good against Ross County, and they weren't that good on the day. But the team fought for one another and for the fans. Danny Handling scored a peach of a goal.

This hasn't happened that often recently, and the fact is that we got a win at a ground where we've never won before - rather than a risky replay at ER next week or even a last-minute defeat. Terry B gave a dignified and positive post-match interview, respecting the opposition and dealing with all issues in a fair-minded and mature manner. The fans were magnificent, and the events of Sunday afternoon were truly Carlsberg-brewed. So many bumptious "big teams" humbled.

Even Thomson couldn't rain on our parade. ( I DO hope he was at Tynie on the Sunday.)

We have a home draw in the next round, and while Raith will be no pushovers, we have a realistic chance of the quarters.

So like you say, let's be happy and positive and optimistic for once in our miserable lives.

(BUT - I promise I'll revert to Doom-and-Gloom on Friday evening in time for the Partick game. Just in case. :wink:)

I remember watching Hibs vs Leeds in the early 70s when I could have sworn I saw Billy Bremner have nip of whiskey beside Revie during the penalty kicks. Arrogant lucky ****.

GlenrothesHibee
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I would imagine they would be wishing they could play us every week! 2 wins and no goals against. Would be very surprised if they were bricking it.

03-12-2013, 06:54 PM
I would imagine they would be wishing they could play us every week! 2 wins and no goals against. Would be very surprised if they were bricking it.

True. However, the last derby, we were all over them and the lucky *******s somehow managed to come away with a very jammy victory. Surely given the amount of luck they had that night that their all out of it by now. Butcher will have our lads right up for it and by all accounts they are right down on morale so we absolutely have to exploit that.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2013, 07:47 PM
True. However, the last derby, we were all over them and the lucky *******s somehow managed to come away with a very jammy victory. Surely given the amount of luck they had that night that their all out of it by now. Butcher will have our lads right up for it and by all accounts they are right down on morale so we absolutely have to exploit that.

After they scored in the last derby we done nowt. The heads went down and we only created 1 chance after that and it was Craig who missed badly. Butchers side have yet to go behind this season and it will be interesting to see the reaction when they do go behind.

Ronniekirk
03-12-2013, 08:07 PM
They would of if wee Pat was still in charge but by January Butcher will have us so up for it I for one can't see them making it three wins But sooner we start scoring a few goals a game happier I will be as we ain't going to keep clean sheets every week :flag::tbgwa:

SunshineOnLeith
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
If Hearts could pick a team to play next it would be us or Aberdeen.

Jack Hackett
04-12-2013, 08:36 AM

The only thing hertz can pick is peoples pockets

Liberal Hibby
04-12-2013, 12:24 PM

Shame they've got United and Celtic then...

The Voice Of Reason
04-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I think we'll beat the on the 2nd...........but after the last Derby game, anything is possible !!!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
04-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Shame they've got United and Celtic then...

What a cracking post, very insightful (as always)...........zzzzzzzz

Dashing Bob S
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
People saying anything is possible after the last two derbies. It isn't, they're *****. They were exceptionally fortunate and they know it. If they had such a big Indian sign over Fenlon's bottling teams, they wouldn't have done so poorly against them, with better resources, last season.

They WILL be bricking it, not just from us, but almost every side they face.

SlickShoes
04-12-2013, 02:25 PM

If I was a Hearts player the last thing I would be scared of is Hibs, look at our record and performances in recent years. If they stay up we will have played a massive part in that.

Twa Cairpets
04-12-2013, 02:46 PM
If I was a Hearts player the last thing I would be scared of is Hibs, look at our record and performances in recent years. If they stay up we will have played a massive part in that.

But the point is that - if my sons conversation is to be believed and as far as I'm concerned it is - that at least some of the players are needing pampers when they think about the derby then that is a good thing.

For all the keech that has been spouted about "hearts always more up for it" then for once - genuinely - we should be in a position where the balance of confidence is strongly in our favour. I happen to think it will.

While we're by no means close to the finished article, Charity Thieves FC are utterly pish at the moment.

Have a bit of faith fellow Hibbies. We may never see them again after January.

Flanny boy
04-12-2013, 02:52 PM
But the point is that - if my sons conversation is to be believed and as far as I'm concerned it is - that at least some of the players are needing pampers when they think about the derby then that is a good thing.

For all the keech that has been spouted about "hearts always more up for it" then for once - genuinely - we should be in a position where the balance of confidence is strongly in our favour. I happen to think it will.

While we're by no means close to the finished article, Charity Thieves FC are utterly pish at the moment.

I,ll second this my friend,nicely put :agree:

Hibercelona
04-12-2013, 03:11 PM
For all of you saying that you're not confident we'll beat them and that you simply "hope" we will. You're all a bunch of losers.

We're going to ****ing smash them! End of story.

GGTTH

Jim44
04-12-2013, 03:30 PM
For all of you saying that you're not confident we'll beat them and that you simply "hope" we will. You're all a bunch of losers.

GGTTH

Strong words. I think the term 'losers' can be applied more aptly to the guys on the pitch and the ones who managed them and who have constantly let us down for years. I'm as hopeful and quietly confident as the next guy that, under Butcher and Malpas, good times lie ahead for us, but I'm far from ready to shout it loudly from the rooftop.

mutley
04-12-2013, 03:45 PM

GGTTH

Deep down I want to say that you, and when I watched the start if the last derby , I thought they were in for a smashing , however, off the post, off the bar , just couldn't get that ball in the net. They have 1 lucky shot and score! Typical, so as much as I feel and want the above statement to be true, I'll never count my chickens until the final whistle blows ( and with a bit if luck that will be after giving the. A thrashing)

Hibercelona
04-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Come on. They're in a worse way than ever. The last couple of times we played them were under fenlon and we found ways to fail against just about everybody under his leadership.

Things are going to be different. Butchers going to turn this team of boy scouts into men, just watch.

clerriehibs
04-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Deep down I want to say that you, and when I watched the start if the last derby , I thought they were in for a smashing , however, off the post, off the bar , just couldn't get that ball in the net. They have 1 lucky shot and score! Typical, so as much as I feel and want the above statement to be true, I'll never count my chickens until the final whistle blows ( and with a bit if luck that will be after giving the. A thrashing)

have a look on sickbag; they have a similar thread to this.

Not ONE of them is wringing his hands, worrying about luck or whatever other *****. They are confident. Some part of that transfers to the team.

Whatever else you can say about their club, they're not publicly ****ting their pants when it comes to the derby.

So if for whatever reason anyone may be ****ing it over the next derby, either grow a pair or keep your handwringing to yourself.

SolentHibee
04-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I would suspect they are approaching the game with a spectrum of feelings. They know that they can grind out totally unexpected wins against us, but equally they know that in the last derby game they were outclassed in every department (before their goal) in a manner only replicated by Celtic last week.

If Hibs start like they did in the last game and get an early goal, they will crap themselves that the rest of the game will be like the Celtic game for them, with a real drubbing in store for them.

If, however, Hibs either start badly, or do not score whilst dominating, both they and Hibs will think 'here we go again' and then we will be in real trouble.

I find it hard to believe that their luck can continue.

HibbySpurs
05-12-2013, 08:13 AM

GGTTH

This 100%

Might not be a cricket score but we WILL win. Just wish some others on here would stop trying to wheel out excuses 4 weeks before the game.

They are ****ing gash and we are better than them, we will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

--------
05-12-2013, 03:48 PM

For all the keech that has been spouted about "hearts always more up for it" then for once - genuinely - we shouldbe in a position where the balance of confidence is strongly in our favour. I happen to think it will.

:top marks

Strong words. I think the term 'losers' can be applied more aptly to the guys on the pitch and the ones who managed them and who have constantly let us down for years. I'm as hopeful and quietly confident as the next guy that, under Butcher and Malpas, good times lie ahead for us, but I'm far from ready to shout it loudly from the rooftop.

Well, I have to plead guilty, Jim. And I have to say I'm not the only one - how often have we been at games where Hibs have been pressing hard, missing chances, and the other lot have scored against the run of play and the Hibs crowd just went silent? I know that the crowd can't win games, but I watched the Palace game on Monday evening and their supporters were fantastic - didn't stop from beginning to end. I'll be very surprised of they stay up, but it won't be for the lack of positive support from the stands.

There have been too many times in my years around ER when the place has reeked of negative thinking and defeatism.

Like you, I've no intentions of joining the Hooray Henries who come on here spouting about how we're certain to really hammer "them" - whichever "them" it happens to be - by 6 or 7 goals, but I really agree that we need to cultivate a wee bit of rational positive thinking.

Hibercelona
05-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Hearts aren't lucky against us. A team isn't simply lucky every time they play another team, it just doesn't happen.

The reason Hearts can score against us with only 1 chance in a game is because they bloody well make sure they take that chance.

We squander chances, which is why we don't deserve to win these games. All we need to do is make sure the ball goes into the net, thats it.

You can do everything else right, but if you fail to score goals, you don't deserve to win. And thats all there is to it.

SanFranHibs
05-12-2013, 04:06 PM
This 100%

Might not be a cricket score but we WILL win. Just wish some others on here would stop trying to wheel out excuses 4 weeks before the game.

They are ****ing gash and we are better than them, we will win.

I would feel better if we had a proven goalscorer.

However, Butcher has a little time to organise his team and I do feel more confident.

:flag:

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2013, 04:12 PM

I wish we could play them every game. We'd get them out our system, winning 6, drawing 3 and losing one out of every 10. Not because we're good -far from it- we'd just find out how dreadful they really are.

Cropley10
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Hearts aren't lucky against us. A team isn't simply lucky every time they play another team, it just doesn't happen.

The reason Hearts can score against us with only 1 chance in a game is because they bloody well make sure they take that chance.

We squander chances, which is why we don't deserve to win these games. All we need to do is make sure the ball goes into the net, thats it.

You can do everything else right, but if you fail to score goals, you don't deserve to win. And thats all there is to it.

Squander chances? MacDonald made a great save, and we hit the post, last time out. Apart from that what chances did we squander?

Hearts had one chance, and the tattooed freak smashes the ball in to the net, with, frankly, a wonder strike.

Winning games with one attempt on target is lucky. No doubt about that IMO.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2013, 06:30 PM
As my Jambo chum(!) pointed out after that last debacle..."If Stevenson had been fit then there's no danger he would have attempted to shoot from there. He knew he didn't have the legs to even attempt a run so he just pinged it without even looking". Them the breaks they get in these games. **** them tho, they are absolutely howling and if we can't beat them at the THIRD attempt then our players should call it a day there and then

Stax
05-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Squander chances? MacDonald made a great save, and we hit the post, last time out. Apart from that what chances did we squander?

Hearts had one chance, and the tattooed freak smashes the ball in to the net, with, frankly, a wonder strike.

Winning games with one attempt on target is lucky. No doubt about that IMO.
Agree with this 100%, we were battering them and playing the best we'd played in ages until the sucker punch by heid the baw. The exact opposite of the game against Partick thistle, we were honking and nicked 3 points..

greenpaper55
05-12-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm old enough to remember the days when the Hearts fans feared us big time, there is very little luck involved in their recent win ratio over us it's just that they have had slightly better players than us funded by borrowing and then by a loony chairman. The real world that they live in was brought home to them last Sunday-one league win in how many and out the cup with one of the biggest humpings in their history. I forgot to add our recent habit of choosing managers not up to the task which also made it so easy for them,

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Theres quite a few games to be played by both clubs between now and the 2nd of January.

If the Yams fail to turn things around between now and then they could well enter the derby bricking it. But things depend just as much on how Hibs do in that period ..... If we continue with a slow but steady improvement between now and then we may be able to live up to a favourites tag for once.

But ... I cant see our goal scoring record getting a whole lot better between now and then so its unlikely that we will be in a position to hammer any team, never mind the Yams. Hell as things stand winning a derby 2 - 0 would qualify as a doing, given that since the millennium derby we have never beaten them by more than a one goal margine.

alexedwards
05-12-2013, 08:05 PM
FFS.

You thought it worthwhile enough to base a whole thread on though - perhaps you need to think first - everybody has heard all this guff before - what were you expecting in reply when you started this thread?...or did you not bother to think? Was it really worth a thread?

Jonnyboy
05-12-2013, 08:24 PM
You thought it worthwhile enough to base a whole thread on though - perhaps you need to think first - everybody has heard all this guff before - what were you expecting in reply when you started this thread?...or did you not bother to think? Was it really worth a thread?

Isn't that what messageboards are for though? To share views and information? It's hardly surprising that folk stop posting snippets when they face responses like yours

Iggy Pope
05-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Isn't that what messageboards are for though? To share views and information? It's hardly surprising that folk stop posting snippets when they face responses like yours

It's only Alex Edwards! 8 week ban for that!

Jonnyboy
05-12-2013, 09:01 PM

:greengrin :top marks

Twa Cairpets

1) Yes, I clearly thought it worthwhile to start a thread on it, otherwise I wouldn't have started a thread.

2) I did think first. My thought was "I heard something that may be mildly interesting to other Hibs fans. I'll post it on the message board, but phrase it in such a way as to make it clear where it came from, and in what I hoped was a slightly humorous manner, what it may mean for the derby."

3) Nobody had heard this "guff" before from me, something I was at pains to point out.

4) I was hoping people might take it for what it was, an opportunity to add a bit more misery to Hearts existence.

5) As above, I did think. Do you like repeating things?

6) As above. I did think it worth a thread. You do like repeating things.

What I didn't do was claim we were definitely going to ream them, or claim a "my sisters grannies uncle heard". I absolutely believe that what I reported as being said by the Hearts employee to my son was said. Whether what was said was, in itself, true, I don't know, and it's largely moot.

If other people (and I'm guessing you may well fall into this category), choose to relinquish the ability to read or the capability to understand both content and context, or deliberately choose to use a relatively innocuous post as an opportunity to have a pop, then frankly thats not my problem, it's theirs.

Jack

Excluding European posts!

Jack
05-12-2013, 09:05 PM
1) Yes, I clearly thought it worthwhile to start a thread on it, otherwise I wouldn't have started a thread.

2) I did think first. My thought was "I heard something that may be mildly interesting to other Hibs fans. I'll post it on the message board, but phrase it in such a way as to make it clear where it came from, and in what I hoped was a slightly humorous manner, what it may mean for the derby."

3) Nobody had heard this "guff" before from me, something I was at pains to point out.

4) I was hoping people might take it for what it was, an opportunity to add a bit more misery to Hearts existence.

6) As above. I did think it worth thread. You do like repeating things.

What I didn't do was claim we were definitely going to ream them, or claim a "my sisters grannies uncle heard". I absolutely believe that what I reported as being said by the Hearts employee to my son was said. Whether what was said was, in itself, true, I don't know, and it's largely moot.

If other people (and I'm guessing you may well fall into this category), choose to relinquish the ability to read or the capability to understand both content and context, or deliberately choose to use a relatively innocuous post as an opportunity to have a pop, then frankly thats not my problem, it's theirs.

Don't worry about him. The wind was clearly blawing through his heid this morning and rattled things about.

Is that right neebour?

Iggy Pope
05-12-2013, 09:07 PM

Well I enjoyed your post and it made me feel good. Ta.

Jonnyboy
05-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Well I enjoyed your post and it made me feel good. Ta.

Ditto :agree:

scoopyboy
05-12-2013, 09:10 PM

I found it interesting.

Hiber-nation
05-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Everything Cairpets posts is worth reading, especially his momentous contributions to the Acronyms Game :wink:

Just Alf
05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Everything Cairpets posts is worth reading, especially his momentous contributions to the Acronyms Game :wink:

Agreed! :D

poolman
05-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Knickers twist your stop in a getting

Thecat23
05-12-2013, 09:28 PM

I enjoyed the post mate. Some folk will just rip anything that anyone says that they don't agree with. Trust me I know :D

HibbySpurs
05-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Ditto :agree:

Me an aw

matty_f
05-12-2013, 10:54 PM

Weren't you one of the folk going on about how lucky we were to beat Partick?

matty_f
05-12-2013, 10:55 PM
I enjoyed the post mate. Some folk will just rip anything that anyone says that they don't agree with. Trust me I know :D

Andy74
05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Weren't you one of the folk going on about how lucky we were to beat Partick?

Indeed.

erin go bragh
05-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Theres quite a few games to be played by both clubs between now and the 2nd of January.

If the Yams fail to turn things around between now and then they could well enter the derby bricking it. But things depend just as much on how Hibs do in that period ..... If we continue with a slow but steady improvement between now and then we may be able to live up to a favourites tag for once.

But ... I cant see our goal scoring record getting a whole lot better between now and then so its unlikely that we will be in a position to hammer any team, never mind the Yams. Hell as things stand winning a derby 2 - 0 would qualify as a doing, given that since the millennium derby we have never beaten them by more than a one goal margine.
We took 6 of the tramps after the millennium derby mate !

Ggtth

allezsauzee
05-12-2013, 11:40 PM
We took 6 of the tramps after the millennium derby mate !

Ggtth

did we not also beat them 2-0 to burst their wee 'we are unbeatable' bubble?

O'Rourke3
05-12-2013, 11:49 PM
My favorite thread for ages, should be promoted to three cairpits.:jamboak:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2013, 12:07 AM

The post was interesting, but the reply to the rather strange objection to the post, is pretty damn excellent!

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2013, 12:07 AM
My favorite thread for ages, should be promoted to three cairpits.:jamboak:

I'm going for 'fower cairpits'.

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2013, 08:15 AM

How much is a thread worth?

matty_f
06-12-2013, 08:20 AM
How much is a thread worth?

I think you need to be more specific and ask how much a "whole thread" is worth. :agree:

Ronniekirk
06-12-2013, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=Filled Rolls;3829291]How much is a thread worth?[/QUO
Whatever any one is willing yo pay for it when Suzy puts it up for Auction to Support Leith Links . in Paisley a sma shot is a thread that was intrinsically central to weaving the Paisley pattern The Patent on that must of been worth a bob or two

Ronniekirk
06-12-2013, 08:29 AM
What ban did big bad bobby Thompson get Remember I missed a home game against Killie to go a nice family run in the Trossachs Parked the car up (an old Mazda 326) where I could get a signal on radio and discovered we had beaten them 8. 0 and Bobby scored but seem to recall he was always getting booked and copped a lengthy one at some point

Ronniekirk
06-12-2013, 08:32 AM
We'll he is certainly not a worn thread bare stair carpet that's for sure

Ronniekirk
06-12-2013, 08:36 AM
We'll it certainly wasn't a worn threadbare carpet that's for sure

clerriehibs
06-12-2013, 10:33 AM
What ban did big bad bobby Thompson get Remember I missed a home game against Killie to go a nice family run in the Trossachs Parked the car up (an old Mazda 326) where I could get a signal on radio and discovered we had beaten them 8. 0 and Bobby scored but seem to recall he was always getting booked and copped a lengthy one at some point

I missed that game too. I tried to persuade a hun mate (whoo's been to many more hibs games than hun games) to come to ER to watch a goal feast but he persuaded me it had 0-0 all over it and we'd be better off doing a rose street pub crawl. My own fault, but I've never let him forget it.

Ronniekirk
06-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I missed that game too. I tried to persuade a hun mate (whoo's been to many more hibs games than hun games) to come to ER to watch a goal feast but he persuaded me it had 0-0 all over it and we'd be better off doing a rose street pub crawl. My own fault, but I've never let him forget it.
A rose street pub crawl Haven't done one of those since my Student days.

jdships
06-12-2013, 09:10 PM

:thumbsup::agree::top marks

hibees 7062
06-12-2013, 09:46 PM

Oh yes and one o thums on this thread :greengrin

lEXO
06-12-2013, 10:15 PM

Post what you like mate. If people don't like it they can always move on. Personally I like your posts and an insight into what goes on over there. If ,s ***** so be it. Chances are it,s not.

hibees 7062
06-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Post what you like mate. If people don't like it they can always move on. Personally I like your posts and an insight into what goes on over there. If ,s ***** so be it. Chances are it,s not.

Waxy
07-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Could you please change the spelling on the thread to Hear7s. It's still spelt the old way. Thanks

DC_Hibs
08-12-2013, 12:35 PM

I was wrong. After watching y'days game the Hertz are terrified of New Hibs!!
Much needed wake up call for some.

arf arf

mutley
08-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm kinda hoping ( and it is a big hope) that now they have had there horsing by Celtic, and another from united, and IF Yogis ICT can get a win at the PBS, THEN Celtic have another go at them. On the green side of life, ok Butcher is so far undefeated, even though by not fantastic scores , then surely we have to be favourites to give them a bit of a skelping too? I'm happy to put the last 2 derbies behind us. The word of the day seems to be "perseverance " .......... I'll still take a scrappy 1-0, but I'd die happy if there was a 5 plus score

Deansy
08-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Like the rest of us, I'd love to see us annihilate them BUT - what worries me is they know the effect of scoring against us has on our players. The last games display of spinelessness/heads-down doesn't disappear overnight. Hopefully TB points out to them that if you're better than them, man-for-man, one lucky, fluke goal doesn't mean the game's over.