PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher

Alex Trager
02-12-2013, 09:15 AM
What a complete and utter turn around, this team looks like a team I've never seen before. We all say how Stevenson always puts in 100% but I think all this time he hasn't been doing so. What I saw from him on Saturday, and everyone in the team, I was so impressed by. Bursting each and every gut to get to each and every first second third and fourth ball.

I think he Is a great manager, every interview he does, even though he's saying the same old stuff, he has me hanging on his every word. And we can only get better. As we get fitter and sharper we will be a much better side.

A very happy hibby today.

You to me are everything a sweeter song I couldn't sing, oh terry! Oh terry!

southsider
02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Me too ! May be the best piece of business Rod has ever done.

scott7_0(Prague)
02-12-2013, 09:38 AM
What a complete and utter turn around, this team looks like a team I've never seen before. We all say how Stevenson always puts in 100% but I think all this time he hasn't been doing so. What I saw from him on Saturday, and everyone in the team, I was so impressed by. Bursting each and every gut to get to each and every first second third and fourth ball.

I think he Is a great manager, every interview he does, even though he's saying the same old stuff, he has me hanging on his every word. And we can only get better. As we get fitter and sharper we will be a much better side.

You to me are everything a sweeter song I couldn't sing, oh terry! Oh terry!

NAH not buying that he is an old pish stained Hun and English to boot, give me Gary Locke and Billy Brown any day of the week. :greengrin:greengrin

ahibby
02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
I don't want to be a party pooper and I think we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground. Some teams often get a lift from a new manager as they try to impress him. This is perhaps what we are seeing here. Time is the best measure and if they are still working as hard as this come February/March then we can say he has made a lasting improvement with the same players and not just a burst of eagerness to impress. Signs are good though and Maurice should take credit too.

Alex Trager
02-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't want to be a party pooper and I think we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground. Some teams often get a lift from a new manager as they try to impress him. This is perhaps what we are seeing here. Time is the best measure and if they are still working as hard as this come February/March then we can say he has made a lasting improvement with the same players and not just a burst of eagerness to impress. Signs are good though and Maurice should take credit too.

This is it though I don't think he's one to allow them to perform like that and then lapse if they do others will be brought In?
Here's hoping anyway

offshorehibby
02-12-2013, 10:21 AM

How many new managers have we had and nothing changes. It sounds like TB & MM have got the guys training a lot better which is showing on the park already.
Your right only time will tell but if this is the change in a couple of weeks i can't wait to see difference this time next year. Lets hope the can steer clear of our usual second half of the season collapse.

bighairyfaeleith
02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
This is it though I don't think he's one to allow them to perform like that and then lapse if they do others will be brought In?
Here's hoping anyway

I agree, lets not get carried away, obviously I am hopeful but El Tel will be the first to admit there is a long way to go yet.

Speedway
02-12-2013, 10:23 AM
We appear to be enjoying 'New Manager Bounce' effect.

Far too early to judge as to how this will pan out. We still don't like we can score more than one goal a game for instance.

wick hibby
02-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Lets c what happens after jan ps Hearts have no more cans of 7 UP:greengrin

Ringothedog
02-12-2013, 10:27 AM
How many new managers have we had and nothing changes. It sounds like TB & MM have got the guys training a lot better which is showing on the park already.
Your right only time will tell but if this is the change in a couple of weeks i can't wait to see difference this time next year. Lets hope the can steer clear of our usual second half of the season collapse.

Let's hope so, I don't think I could cope with the second half of the season collapsing the same as the first half of the season. **** that would mean a whole season collapse.
:greengrin

Onion
02-12-2013, 10:32 AM

:agree: Totally agree. Change was needed but we are miles away from claiming TB as a success yet. All it would take is another defeat to a Hearts Youth Team on 2 Jan to put the breaks on this. Yogi and Fenlon had us top of the league and where are they now ?

Beefster
02-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Given what came before Big Terry, performances improving wasn't the most unexpected event in history.

flash
02-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Given what came before Big Terry, performances improving wasn't the most unexpected event in history.

Yet they didn't under the previous manager so its no given.

JimBHibees
02-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Looks encouraging but very early days however there appears to be more energy and application in the team so that is a start IMO. It will take time however promising. Two clean sheets in a row are not to be sniffed at.

Pretty Boy
02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
I think i'm slowly falling in love.

His reaction post game on Saturday was great, got almost as big a cheer as the goal.

Craig_in_Prague
02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm delighted we managed to recruit TB (and MM and SM). They had it good up in Inverness.
Says a lot about them IMO, that they want to take on the challenge at Hibs & give up something good.
His enthusiasm, determination, confidence and general will to win, is infectious. I really think this is the best appointment, in a very long time. He will sort the club out properly, not the chit chat stuff we had from Fenlon, but a manager that has delivered in this league and will finally utilize the resources at the club.

A couple of signings in Jan would be nice, as I said already, TB's success this season could be really limited as the players at his disposal is not very good... the squad lacks too many things.
However, he's got my love for Hibs coming back again & for that alone, I am really happy.

The fact the next cup game is in Feb, is a good thing for us. He'll have a few months to work with what he's got and potentially add to it.

In the meantime, some very decent home league performances and some wins, will continue to build the feel good factor.

Saorsa
02-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Seems tae be an almost universally popular appointment with most folk taking tae him despite his background before Hibs. Perhaps it may eventually put tae bed the auld weegie media myth about Mogadon and Mr. Blooby being disliked because of their previous history instead of what they were really disliked for, boring, boring, boring fitba.

Treadstone
02-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Seems tae be an almost universally popular appointment with most folk taking tae him despite his background before Hibs. Perhaps it may eventually put tae bed the auld weegie media myth about Mogadon and Mr. Blooby being disliked because of their previous history instead of what they were really disliked for, boring, boring, boring fitba.

Myths sometimes helped along by people sho should have known better. It was always a go to ploy of Dougie Cromb whenever Alex Miller was under pressure. Backfired one time when Lawrie Reilly branded it as a 'smokescreen'.

Alex Trager
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
To be honest boys it's just refreshing to see the same players taking such a different approach to their games. I'm not saying we're great and glorious to watch. But what I am
Seeing is pure commitment. And if that continues I'll be happy. And for me it's only going to get better. Now I'm not saying we're going to get better but their fitness and approach will only get better. And it's so refreshing , like seven up

IFONLY
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM

You to me are everything a sweeter song I couldn't sing, oh terry! Oh terry!Did you make up the lyrics yourself

Alex Trager
02-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Did you make up the lyrics yourself

Hehe yes. Quite original don't you think?

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Yes, it's an irrelevance. TB might have been an "English Hun" but he so evidently has a Hibernian personality. Miller and Williamson had very much Hun/SFA personalities.

Islington Hibs
02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Far to early to say but his interviews/ demeanour have been hugely impressive and he does seem the real deal. Time will tell but this seems the best chance we have had for a very long time.

Baader
03-12-2013, 10:04 AM
It's the difference between someone who joins Rangers as a career move and someone who is Scottish, Hun loving and has been been brought up in that dour, sectarian, self righteous, humourless WATP crap and the ugly stuff that goes with it (and of which there are many in the game...)

lobster
03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Absolutely first class so far on the basis of instilling pride confidence and enthusiasm at the club. Clearly its very early days but what a turnaround from the dread and fear under Calderwood and Fenlon. Tbh I was a little sceptical that TB would firstly come and could replicate his success at ICT here but he's came in like a breath of fresh air and the early signs are very good indeed.
Happy days! :aok: