PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle v West Brom

The Harp Awakes
01-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I was at St James Park last night and was really impressed by the Newcastle support. There is no doubt they wouldn't have won that game if it hadn't been for the backing and noise from their fans. As soon as West Brom equalised the noise went through the roof and the Newcastle players got a lift and scored again.

If we could get a quarter of that backing at Easter Road I'm sure it would turn around our home form.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2013, 01:58 PM
I was up in Dingwall and the Hibs fans were in fine voice there throughout the game!

Pretty Boy
01-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I was up in Dingwall and the Hibs fans were in fine voice there throughout the game!

Indeed.

We more than played our part yesterday. I think yesterday proved both fans and players can play their parts, we took energy from the efforts of the players and they fed off what we gave them back.

weonlywon6-2
01-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Newcastle have a very good and loyal support and yes they really get behind their team

The Harp Awakes
01-12-2013, 02:30 PM

Glad to hear it although our away support has always been good at getting behind the team IMO.

At home there's not been the same backing admittedly because the performances have been rank for ages. Now we're in a new era with TB hopefully things change, starting on Saturday.

Piqué
01-12-2013, 03:55 PM
That winning goal cost me 600 quid from a fiver. Gutted

superbam
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
I was at St James Park last night and was really impressed by the Newcastle support. There is no doubt they wouldn't have won that game if it hadn't been for the backing and noise from their fans. As soon as West Brom equalised the noise went through the roof and the Newcastle players got a lift and scored again.

If we could get a quarter of that backing at Easter Road I'm sure it would turn around our home form.

Interesting - was at Toon v Norwich last weekend and was amazed how passive the home fans were, hardly any noise at all - maybe it was because they cruised that match.

hail1875hail
01-12-2013, 05:58 PM
i often go down to newcastle games aswell! support is almost always great, good crowds and atmosphere, plus you see some cracking goals down there. its amazing the crowds they get considering newcastle is a smaller city than Edinburgh! just shows you that if the quality is right and the tickets arent a rip off (its more expensive tickets wise for us to go to Easter Road than St. James) then the crowds will come!

snooky
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
i often go down to newcastle games aswell! support is almost always great, good crowds and atmosphere, plus you see some cracking goals down there. its amazing the crowds they get considering newcastle is a smaller city than Edinburgh! just shows you that if the quality is right and the tickets arent a rip off (its more expensive tickets wise for us to go to Easter Road than St. James) then the crowds will come!

Only one big team in Newcastle and there's two in Edinbur.......oh wait a minute ;-)

geordie_hibs
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
I've given up a ticket for Newcastle v Arsenal on Dec 29th to come up for Hibs v Kilmarnock & I simply can't wait......

johnrebus
01-12-2013, 06:30 PM

Was there last night too.

The first twenty minutes of the second half was electric. Fabulous stuff.

At long last the Toon are gelling as a team rather than a collection of talented individuals

Arsenal at end of the month should be a cracker.