PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson?

keep the faith
30-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Was KT injured today or is he not even making TB's squad?

Callum_62
30-11-2013, 11:54 PM
remember just after Butcher joined, someone posted a rumour saying KT and him fell out over the new style TB wanted to introduce

Wonder if there was any truth in that...

NOLA
01-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Too many midfielders and not enough places in the team, im not so sad that he is missing out mind.

Hibercelona
01-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Butcher picks players to play based on the level of effort they show during training sessions. He monitors how much effort each individual player is putting into their training sessions very closely along with Malpas.

Butcher isn't the kind of man that will "fall out" with players, although some players that have issues with a high work efficiency may take issue with him.

Thomson is still very much a squad player, as long as he's willing to work his damn hardest to be a part of it.

If Butcher feels that any player is holding back at all, then he won't hesitate to drop them out of the main squad.

pacorosssco
01-12-2013, 09:20 AM
I think and I am only reading between lines that KT isnt the hero a lot on here think he is. For a player which once showed high abilty to be right out the squad speaks volumes. I was never keen on him coming back and never thought of him as captain material. He has done little second time around to coo over and I have long suspected he is not a team player and maybe has been disrupted behind scenes. He has always like to be managers pet and has history of falling out with managers when things not going his way. To go to Fenlon to get Collins subbed was poor and not the type of team mate you want when at a new club struggling for form. I wont miss him and think he is already toast. He wouldnt be here had he had other decent offers .

Jim44
01-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Butcher picks players to play based on the level of effort they show during training sessions. He monitors how much effort each individual player is putting into their training sessions very closely along with Malpas.

....... and which makes Ross Caldwell's squad selection and subsequent removal for lack of effort a bit contradictory.

Beefster
01-12-2013, 09:28 AM
I think and I am only reading between lines that KT isnt the hero a lot on here think he is.

I think the opposite. I think there are lots of posters who can't wait to put the boot into Katie as soon as possible.

Tyler Durden
01-12-2013, 09:30 AM
I think and I am only reading between lines that KT isnt the hero a lot on here think he is. For a player which once showed high abilty to be right out the squad speaks volumes. I was never keen on him coming back and never thought of him as captain material. He has done little second time around to coo over and I have long suspected he is not a team player and maybe has been disrupted behind scenes. He has always like to be managers pet and has history of falling out with managers when things not going his way. To go to Fenlon to get Collins subbed was poor and not the type of team mate you want when at a new club struggling for form. I wont miss him and think he is already toast. He wouldnt be here had he had other decent offers .

What a lot of predictable pish. Would you care to elaborate on this long history of falling out with managers? One of his ex managers called him into the Scotland squad only 2 months ago.

There could be any number of perfectly reasonable explanations as to why he missed out. Do people really think some hard work on the training ground is gonna bother Thomson, who played for Walter Smith for years?

It's also well known he did have offers to play in the Championship (Yeovil amongst others I believe). Butcher hasn't picked him yet, doesn't mean he hasn't still got a big part to play. But don't let that stop you slating the player.

Weir7
01-12-2013, 09:48 AM

Butcher isn't the kind of man that will "fall out" with players, although some players that have issues with a high work efficiency may take issue with him.

Thomson is still very much a squad player, as long as he's willing to work his damn hardest to be a part of it.

If Butcher feels that any player is holding back at all, then he won't hesitate to drop them out of the main squad.

Are you terry butcher that you know this?

My mate was playing at east mains yesterday. Thomson was getting treatment for a knock. Will be back in today

lucky
01-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I think its just down to the style of play that TB wants to play. KT slows play down and wants to play a passing game whilst TB likes a high tempo more direct style.

Weir7
01-12-2013, 09:51 AM

History of falling out with managers? Please spill the beans. How many mangers?

pacorosssco
01-12-2013, 09:52 AM
What a lot of predictable pish. Would you care to elaborate on this long history of falling out with managers? One of his ex managers called him into the Scotland squad only 2 months ago.

There could be any number of perfectly reasonable explanations as to why he missed out. Do people really think some hard work on the training ground is gonna bother Thomson, who played for Walter Smith for years?

It's also well known he did have offers to play in the Championship (Yeovil amongst others I believe). Butcher hasn't picked him yet, doesn't mean he hasn't still got a big part to play. But don't let that stop you slating the player.

No it wont. He hasnt done it this time. Predictable.... id say that was your reply. Every player could still haven a part to play and if any Hibs player proves me wrong I am more than happy but don't think that will be the case. Dont think hell ever be asked back to a Scotland squad again either just Strachan having his own look to see if he is still up to it.

pacorosssco
01-12-2013, 09:55 AM
History of falling out with managers? Please spill the beans. How many mangers?

Collins and Mowbray . Defend asking for a teammate to be subbed.

Jack
01-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Are you terry butcher that you know this?

My mate was playing at east mains yesterday. Thomson was getting treatment for a knock. Will be back in today

With Hibs PR in overdrive the last couple of weeks with TB maybe they've forgotten to mention KT has been out injured?

Maybe Hibs PR will let us know when he's due to return?

Weir7
01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
I think its just down to the style of play that TB wants to play. KT slows play down and wants to play a passing game whilst TB likes a high tempo more direct style.
Butcher does play a different style and KT may have to adjust his game.

Don't agree with slow down. He tries to pass to a green shirt but under Fenlon too many hid and dint show for ball

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2013, 10:04 AM

:agree: Its this 100%. Thomson would not fit into this high pressure pressing game, its just not the way he plays.

Hibbyradge
01-12-2013, 10:06 AM
:agree: Its this 100%. Thomson would not fit into this high pressure pressing game, its just not the way he plays.

I heard that Butcher thinks there's only room for one hun at the club...:wink:

Weir7
01-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Collins and Mowbray . Defend asking for a teammate to be subbed.
Did he ask for collins to be subbed? Think not.my season ticket is next to hibs dugout. I fall out with my bosses all the time.

Arguments every day in football. Just with webs sites and the internet people get leeds united over it.

Purple & Green
01-12-2013, 10:08 AM
With Hibs PR in overdrive the last couple of weeks with TB maybe they've forgotten to mention KT has been out injured?

Maybe Hibs PR will let us know when he's due to return?

Fwiw I heard he was injured too. Maybe terry didn't want to give Ross county a jump on his plans by not going public, or he was maybe touch and go until Friday?

hibbymick
01-12-2013, 10:20 AM
The positive side to it is we dont seem to be missing him.

Beefster
01-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Fwiw I heard he was injured too.

That can't possibly be correct. He's been dropped after calling Big Terry a bawbag and punching Malpas in the coupon - FACT.

oldbutdim
01-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Been carrying an injury for a few weeks.
Perhaps Butcher doesn't like fielding players who aren't 100%

Ronniekirk
01-12-2013, 10:31 AM
The positive side to it is we dont seem to be missing him.
If Cairney is suspended for next game we will see how he changes line up or who comes in for him If it not on bench then must be something up so if injured you would think it would get a mention somewhere. the P R machine has Been upbeat so if there has Ben a falling out they are not going to want that to come out .But we are speculating time will tell and big tell will tell when time is right . He did say everyone would get a chance at some point in run up to transfer window to help determine who moves on But as folk were saying on these threads for ages we had to many midfielders and we lacked creativity going forward and ball wasn't getting played quick enough . big tell is addressing this so we can't complain really

Thecat23
01-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Whoever posted about Thomson falling out with Butcher was telling the truth. Although it was more MM that he had an argument with and Butcher didn't like that.

Thomson could be gone in Jan!

pacorosssco
01-12-2013, 10:43 AM
the positive side to it is we dont seem to be missing him.

fact

Billy Whizz
01-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Whoever posted about Thomson falling out with Butcher was telling the truth. Although it was more MM that he had an argument with and Butcher didn't like that.

As long as we get a transfer fee

Thecat23
01-12-2013, 10:46 AM
As long as we get a transfer fee

I just hope he sorts it out and he stays. Yes he does often slow us down but he's still got great talent.

SuperAllyMcleod
01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
If Cairney is suspended for next game we will see how he changes line up or who comes in for him If it not on bench then must be something up so if injured you would think it would get a mention somewhere. the P R machine has Been upbeat so if there has Ben a falling out they are not going to want that to come out .But we are speculating time will tell and big tell will tell when time is right . He did say everyone would get a chance at some point in run up to transfer window to help determine who moves on But as folk were saying on these threads for ages we had to many midfielders and we lacked creativity going forward and ball wasn't getting played quick enough . big tell is addressing this so we can't complain really

Cairney's red was for two yellows so he will be suspended for the next cup game and be available for Saturday.

Thomson is one of the best passers at the club and I hope he will be delighted to see Hibs players in front of him to pass to rather than behind. If TB can improve every player like he has with Collins then Thomson will be back to his best.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
I just hope he sorts it out and he stays. Yes he does often slow us down but he's still got great talent.

Of course he's a great talent, but he's not the Manager, needs to play how Butcher/MM want him to play.
Think Craig is wasted as a deep sitting midfielder, so this position is up for grabs

SMAXXA
01-12-2013, 10:53 AM

No falling out that I have heard about with either, no injury either. What did surprise me was that he didnt travel to the game yesterday.

Ronniekirk
01-12-2013, 10:54 AM
What's that got to do with anything.We need to focus on performances and winning games .Thompson was gutted he didn't captain hibs when they won the league cup and he came back and played for nothing because of his affection for the club We don't need to keep casting up that players who are good enough move on to the old firm to improve get more money and more success If we could have provided that he may not of moved on is your middle name Attila .

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2013, 11:00 AM

What's that got to do with anything.We need to focus on performances and winning games .Thompson was gutted he didn't captain hibs when they won the league cup and he came back and played for nothing because of his affection for the club We don't need to keep casting up that players who are good enough move on to the old firm to improve get more money and more success If we could have provided that he may not of moved on is your middle name Attila .

Good catch Dave. :greengrin

Thecat23
01-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Of course he's a great talent, but he's not the Manager, needs to play how Butcher/MM want him to play.
Think Craig is wasted as a deep sitting midfielder, so this position is up for grabs

I agree with you. I'm right behind the manager and if KT doesn't fit round his plans then he will be let go.

Thecat23
01-12-2013, 11:06 AM
No falling out that I have heard about with either, no injury either. What did surprise me was that he didnt travel to the game yesterday.

Defo a row with MM. Was told this last night by one of the boys. Apparently it wasn't that major either. So no idea if anything else has happened or if he just isn't working hard enough in training?

Hibbyradge
01-12-2013, 11:07 AM

:faf:

Hibbyradge
01-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Good catch Dave. :greengrin

:tee hee:

An unexpected bonus!

Purple & Green
01-12-2013, 01:51 PM
That can't possibly be correct. He's been dropped after calling Big Terry a bawbag and punching Malpas in the coupon - FACT.

Much better explanation :)

Tyler Durden
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM

According to Butchers Hibs TV interview today Thomson picked up an injury last Thursday and should come back into the squad this weekend.....

angus hibee
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM

The cat crept in to hibs.net, crapped then crept out again

Pray4Marc
03-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Was KT injured today or is he not even making TB's squad?

To be honest, we all said at the start of this season that we had to many centre midfielders.

My main issue with Kevin Thomson is that he provides nothing going forward and continually slows the game down. Iam actually delighted he isn't in the team. His obsession with slowing the game down infuriates me.

keep the faith
03-12-2013, 07:35 PM
To be honest, we all said at the start of this season that we had to many centre midfielders.

My main issue with Kevin Thomson is that he provides nothing going forward and continually slows the game down. Iam actually delighted he isn't in the team. His obsession with slowing the game down infuriates me.

Best midfielder we have and once he is playing as the holding man without another 3 holding midfielders around him then this will be clear. Terry saying he has been injured also knocks some of the conspiracy theories on the head too. Look forward to seeing KT in Butchers side soon.

SMAXXA
03-12-2013, 08:12 PM
The cat crept in to hibs.net, crapped then crept out again

Dinny listen to the feline, there's definitely not been a fall out however there is every chance KT may leave I'm Jan I'm afraid. He has interest here and abroad and I believe a certain 7 nil winning team are keeping tabs on the situation with a certain wee baldy captain trying to engineer something. Nothing official from any club just to be clear but this is what I'm hearing.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Dinny listen to the feline, there's definitely not been a fall out however there is every chance KT may leave I'm Jan I'm afraid. He has interest here and abroad and I believe a certain 7 nil winning team are keeping tabs on the situation with a certain wee baldy captain trying to engineer something. Nothing official from any club just to be clear but this is what I'm hearing.

SMAXXA, do you think he can still play at that level, I'm not convinced he can

SMAXXA
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
SMAXXA, do you think he can still play at that level, I'm not convinced he can

Spl yeah but CL no not for me. Seemingly Kayal has a broke foot and Ledley still hasn't agreed a new deal so would probably be a squad player and a good one to have at that. We will see if anything comes of it I guess.

Jonnyboy
03-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Spl yeah but CL no not for me. Seemingly Kayal has a broke foot and Ledley still hasn't agreed a new deal so would probably be a squad player and a good one to have at that. We will see if anything comes of it I guess.

Can you imagine the abuse he'd get? He gets it tight from some on here because of his comments when he left. The Rangers fans will have a ball if he joins Celtic!

edinburghhibee
03-12-2013, 08:48 PM

Not anymore KT had his chance and trained with them last summer he didn't show enough and Celtic moved on.

SMAXXA
03-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Not anymore KT had his chance and trained with them last summer he didn't show enough and Celtic moved on.

Means nothing

Billy Whizz
03-12-2013, 08:50 PM

Would be a bit part player for them. I think injuries have taken their toll on Kevin. Might be better moving across the Atlantic

Marty-Hibee
03-12-2013, 08:52 PM
There seems to be a confusion with folk between "slowing the game down" and "not panicking on the ball", Thompson falls into the latter. Would be a major loss if he was to go, just now we aren't remotely strong enough to bin a player like that.

As mentioned though, thankfully it seems it's an injury rather than a mythical bust up

Scooter
03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Defo a row with MM. Was told this last night by one of the boys. Apparently it wasn't that major either. So no idea if anything else has happened or if he just isn't working hard enough in training?

Defo a fall out good source told me he's asked for his contract to be terminated. I hope it's been knee jerk and they can work it out

Dashing Bob S
03-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Great football player in terms of passing and vision, but has no pace anymore, can't get forward quick enough to link with the attackers, and TB (thankfully) is done with a string of midfielders sitting in front of the defence. If he's looking for the ball to be moved around quicker and more pace in the team, KT is the obvious place to start.

Ronniekirk
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Great football player in terms of passing and vision, but has no pace anymore, can't get forward quick enough to link with the attackers, and TB (thankfully) is done with a string of midfielders sitting in front of the defence. If he's looking for the ball to be moved around quicker and more pace in the team, KT is the obvious place to start.
If he isn't in squad at weekend and no official comment on being injured then there must be something in.this As I have said before big tell won't want adverse publicity at this stage and Caldwell already put a wee spanner in the works so may take longer for this one to break

SMAXXA
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Defo a fall out good source told me he's asked for his contract to be terminated. I hope it's been knee jerk and they can work it out

Not a fall out, they've just not hit it off since day 1 but no been any fall outs or bust ups. TB and MM want the team to be I quote 'fit as ****' with 'non stop running' and don't think Kev is enjoying it from what I hear. Lazy bassa lol

SouthamptonHibs
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
KT is still a very good player, I agree with a few of the posters earlier who can see that he keeps possesion we'll and doesn't give the ball away needlessly, there is defo a place in the team for him, he is defo one of our better players, hopefully Tel will sign a few more players in Jan to help KT. The problem we have is creating chances, I'm sure we will start creating more chances when we play with two pacey wide men hail hail

Stevie Reid
03-12-2013, 10:01 PM
KT is still a very good player, I agree with a few of the posters earlier who can see that he keeps possesion we'll and doesn't give the ball away needlessly, there is defo a place in the team for him, he is defo one of our better players, hopefully Tel will sign a few more players in Jan to help KT. The problem we have is creating chances, I'm sure we will start creating more chances when we play with two pacey wide men hail hail

I really like Kevin and hope we keep him in the squad, but he's given the ball away needlessly loads of times this season.

SMAXXA
03-12-2013, 10:06 PM
I really like Kevin and hope we keep him in the squad, but he's given the ball away needlessly loads of times this season.

Long time no hear Stevie lad, will keep you I the loop on this on email bud :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM

I think it's more down to the quality of player he is playing with now, hibs have been a poor team since he has arrived back, he has been one of the bright spots in a poor 18+ months. If big Tel can add a few better players in January KT will be an asset to the team IMO

Stevie Reid
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I think it's more down to the quality of player he is playing with now, hibs have been a poor team since he has arrived back, he has been one of the bright spots in a poor 18+ months. If big Tel can add a few better players in January KT will be an asset to the team IMO

No doubt he is playing with poorer players than his previous spell, but that doesn't excuse his inability to find them with a pass.

I definitely agree he could be an asset to us in the future, but don't think he can have any complaints if he isn't first pick (when fit).

Stevie Reid
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Long time no hear Stevie lad, will keep you I the loop on this on email bud :wink:

Cheers Gary lad!

Alex Trager
03-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Tell Celtic they can have him. IN return for £100k and Ledley for free. Otherwise Ledley can come here regardless

edinburghhibee
04-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Means nothing

Means Celtic aren't interested.

Thecat23
04-12-2013, 06:47 AM

There was a fall out mate. KT wasn't happy about it either was MM. It wasn't huge though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Suppose we either trust Butcher or we don't. If he isn't playing the way that the boss wants him to, then he can't expect to play. That should be the rule of thumb, irrespective of the name that is on the back of the shirt.

cleanyman
15-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Delivered the ball of the match yesterday, showed great urgency when he came on and if we had a goalscorer we would have got a point.

Keith_M
15-12-2013, 03:46 PM
I agree with the comments about not playing with three defensive midfielders but that doesn't mean we should have none. KT has skill and composure and as his cameo yesterday proved, he still has something to offer.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-12-2013, 03:47 PM
If he goes in Jan, get Claros back :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
15-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Suppose we either trust Butcher or we don't. If he isn't playing the way that the boss wants him to, then he can't expect to play. That should be the rule of thumb, irrespective of the name that is on the back of the shirt.

Who woulda thunk that getting rid of Paul Wright and bringing in Keith would have had such a massive impact on the club...?

J-C
15-12-2013, 04:59 PM
I agree with the comments about not playing with three defensive midfielders but that doesn't mean we should have none. KT has skill and composure and as his cameo yesterday proved, he still has something to offer.

:agree::top marks

No matter how good Craig and Robertson are, you cannot play with to attack minded midfielders and not have defensive cover there too, Thomson beside Robertson and Craig in front linking with the striker.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-12-2013, 05:39 PM
I've said this before...he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet if I was boss. I'd have a midfield of Cairney/Harris on the right, KT and Robbo in the centre and Craig left. Or Cairney right, KT, Robbo and Craig centre, Harris left and one up top. Basically, I'd defo play Thomson

Greenworld
15-12-2013, 09:19 PM
:agree::top marks

No matter how good Craig and Robertson are, you cannot play with to attack minded midfielders and not have defensive cover there too, Thomson beside Robertson and Craig in front linking with the striker.

Im going to stick with tb and mm loads of opinions but we need to move on

Swedish hibee
15-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Sad to read all this.

Pretty Boy
15-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Agree.

I like the way Dundee Utd play with the 2 defensive midfielders, 1 striker and 3 attacking midfielders supporting.

It doesn't have to be like Fenlon had us playing with 2 defensive midfielders and not a lot else.

Something like:

........Thomson.....Robertson......

...Harris.....Cairney.........Craig

............Heffernan/Collins....

CB_NO3
15-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I have mixed feelings towards KT. On his day he can be a class player but we dont see it enough IMO. The 1-1 draw with Celtic this season KT was excellent. The 1-0 loss to Hearts KT was the worst player on the park IMO. Looked as if he thought he was better than everyone else but got made to look a fool that day. Butcher is doing the right thing IMO. He is making him show his worth and if he wants a new deal he has to earn it.

Hibercelona
16-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Thomson is certainly good enough to play in this Hibs team. But he needs to knuckle down and gain a bit of consistency. But that all starts on the training field.

Still think he has a big part to play in this squad. But in the end, it will all come down to himself.

happiehibbie
16-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Its really simple to work out why our best player is not playing TB, ATM ! is missing out the midfield with high balls into the box or up top Collins to comtrol hold up and let the rest catch up . MM said get the ball in the box as often as we can and we will eventually score.

How we can say KT has no place in the Hibs team is beyond me he is by far the most experianced, skill full , talented and reader of the game we have in the squad

I hope TB will get us up to the transfer window and pull in some players that can fill in the gaps and start playing the game on the grass rather than in the AIR
GGTTH

Ronaldo9
16-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Its really simple to work out why our best player is not playing TB, ATM ! is missing out the midfield with high balls into the box or up top Collins to comtrol hold up and let the rest catch up . MM said get the ball in the box as often as we can and we will eventually score.

How we can say KT has no place in the Hibs team is beyond me he is by far the most experianced, skill full , talented and reader of the game we have in the squad

I hope TB will get us up to the transfer window and pull in some players that can fill in the gaps and start playing the game on the grass rather than in the AIR
GGTTH

This! Agree 100% only so long this will be accepted by people. Take Tony Pulis at Stoke for example. Fair enough it's a different level completely but he was pretty much hounded out due to his style of football.

number9dream
16-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Agree.

I like the way Dundee Utd play with the 2 defensive midfielders, 1 striker and 3 attacking midfielders supporting.

It doesn't have to be like Fenlon had us playing with 2 defensive midfielders and not a lot else.

Something like:

........Thomson.....Robertson......

...Harris.....Cairney.........Craig

............Heffernan/Collins....

Big difference at the moment is that United have two full-backs bombing up and down, with Robertson in particular a major attacking threat. Our full-backs rarely get beyond the halfway line.

Pray4Marc
16-12-2013, 03:52 PM

GGTTH

Kevin Thomson has talented attributes, but continually slowing the game down is not the way TB wants hibs to play. He provides nothing going forward.

Iam delighted he isn't getting in the team. His style of play infuriates me.

B.H.F.C
16-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Kevin Thomson has talented attributes, but continually slowing the game down is not the way TB wants hibs to play. He provides nothing going forward.

In the first half on Saturday I would rather have had Thomson 'slowing the game down' than us continually giving the ball away.

Clearly Thomson doesn't fit in with what the new management team want which I think is a shame as he's a good player. Despite doing his cruciate a couple of times and breaking his leg he's probably achieved more in his career than the rest of our squad ever will.

keep the faith
16-12-2013, 04:50 PM

Is mcGivern heaving it long to the opposition more to your taste? Give me Thomson in theteam every week.

Alfred E Newman
16-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Im going to stick with tb and mm loads of opinions but we need to move on

Aye, lets get rid of our 29 year old international mid fielder with EPL experience. Great idea.

Billy Whizz
16-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Aye, lets get rid of our 29 year old international mid fielder with EPL experience. Great idea.

I don't think Hibs are getting rid of anyone, all this seems to be coming from Thomson

Craig_HFC
16-12-2013, 05:24 PM

I'm going to trust our manager and his assistant who between them racked up 132 senior international caps with Butcher even captaining his country in a World Cup semi-final.

The manager and his team are the ones who see the players in training everyday and are the ones who will decide who fits the style of play they want to implement and who doesn't.

We as a support need to trust them. The name on the front on the shirt is much more important than the name on the back, no matter who it is.

Butcher & his team need to be trusted by the support to make these decisions or we're never going to progress.