View Full Version : Cum on Feel the Noize!

30-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I would just like to say to whoever penned today's foul mouthed ditty I had my family at the game today........and we loved it. :thumbsup:

30-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Girls grab the boys

30-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Lyrics?

30-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Wasn't overly fond of it in pub, at game, again in pub then on the train. What's more annoying the damn thing is stuck in my head now!

30-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Wasn't overly fond of it in pub, at game, again in pub then on the train. What's more annoying the damn thing is stuck in my head now!

Aye, my first reaction was how annoying. But it stuck in my head too. Sign of a good chant I reckon .

30-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Lyrics?

Something like

Come On Butchers Boys
We Make a Noise (?)
**** the Hearts!

30-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Heard this in the pub before the game too. Can't get it out of my head:greengrin

TheFamous1875
30-11-2013, 09:36 PM
"So you think you've got a CVA, well I'll tell you jambos!" - hope that's one of the lyrics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DanTheMan
30-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Something like

Come On Butchers Boys
We Make a Noise (?)
**** the Hearts!

I think it's this-

Come On Butchers Boys
We'll make all the noise*
**** the Hearts!

30-11-2013, 11:45 PM
It was a great wee ditty.

Couple of very confused Latvians trying to work it out on our train home.

01-12-2013, 12:37 AM
loved SLADE in my yoof :thumbsup: was quite baffled why the DJ guy was playing 'cum on feel the noise' just before the team came out a few weeks back (against caley i think)

nickwhibs
01-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Any vids?

01-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Oasis version is better ;)

01-12-2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCIW85Mxbs&sns=em

nickwhibs
01-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Brilliant!

01-12-2013, 11:46 AM
It's in my head. And has been all night. I personally think it's a brilliant chant. Same with the Maurice Maurice Maurice song

01-12-2013, 11:49 AM

That's an absolute cracker!

01-12-2013, 12:02 PM
That's superb, shouldn't have watched that video as it's going to be in my head all day!!

01-12-2013, 01:43 PM

Support was excellent yesterday - credit to everyone who made the trip and got fully behind the team :agree::aok:

h1bs4life
01-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Great atmosphere yesterday from start to finish. Small compact stand close to the pitch with most of the support standing.
Been a long time since I have stood for 90 minutes at a game.

KdyHby
01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFqS19gDKuU

01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
http://youtu.be/1Y9xlQlLqZk

TheFamous1875
01-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Funnily enough, Hull City were also singing it at their game today...

Northern Hibby
02-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Only had to travel from Inverness, and was working at 6 but what a great shift, taxi back with 5 County supporters was quality :greengrin

Hal Jordan
02-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Oasis version is better ;)

:crazy:

Aye right.

02-12-2013, 10:00 AM
loved SLADE in my yoof :thumbsup: was quite baffled why the DJ guy was playing 'cum on feel the noise' just before the team came out a few weeks back (against caley i think)

Think i remember seeing them play the old Empire (now Festival Theatre). Got grounded as gig didnt start until the bingo finished at around 11pm. Lota skinhead fans.

maturehibby
02-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Suggested word changes - cut out the swearing - we all want to sing this catchy tune(even old foggies like me) but by including the sweary words in it you are encouraging youngsters/ ladies / older people to use words that is not in their vocabulary .
I noticed in the U Tube video a lot of young men who were looking about furtively whilst singing along - perhaps hoping their parents would not not see them singing but not wanting to be different from the other people all around let us get our point across without looking like and sounding like Football Hooligans .
I am no prude having worked in an industry that uses industrial language all the time and was able to hold my own with my colleagues without resorting to swearing at them .
There is quite a few who are on this website who can verify this statement :agree:

02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Suggested word changes - cut out the swearing - we all want to sing this catchy tune(even old foggies like me) but by including the sweary words in it you are encouraging youngsters/ ladies / older people to use words that is not in their vocabulary .
I noticed in the U Tube video a lot of young men who were looking about furtively whilst singing along - perhaps hoping their parents would not not see them singing but not wanting to be different from the other people all around let us get our point across without looking like and sounding like Football Hooligans .
I am no prude having worked in an industry that uses industrial language all the time and was able to hold my own with my colleagues without resorting to swearing at them .
There is quite a few who are on this website who can verify this statement :agree:

Tommy Boyd still remembers what you called him :)

linlithgowhibbie
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM

But you were a referee surely folk swore at you?????

yerauldda
02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Funnily enough, Hull City were also singing it at their game today...

Think ManUre started it first singing 'So come on Davie Moyes, play like Fergies boys..'

I actually agree with one of the previous posts about a change of words. Maybe 'we're green and white' to replace **** the hearts..?

02-12-2013, 04:24 PM
:crazy:

Aye right.

Opinions eh :greengrin

02-12-2013, 04:25 PM

You're not wrong there MH. An arguement about footy followed by take a seat was the killer to most folk :wink::greengrin

maturehibby
02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
But you were a referee surely folk swore at you?????

Only if they wanted ti be first in the Bath

maturehibby
02-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Tommy Boyd still remembers what you called him :)

still was not a sweary word

maturehibby
02-12-2013, 05:19 PM
You're not wrong there MH. An arguement about footy followed by take a seat was the killer to most folk :wink::greengrin

Not true only the Hibs supporters got away early I must not have known what team you supported ???

02-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Not true only the Hibs supporters got away early I must not have known what team you supported ???

Haha not me. I'm referring to my Jambo colleagues who were told to take a seat. Still laugh about fox and the champagne spraying story to this day. :top marks

02-12-2013, 05:32 PM

I'm glad someone else said this first; I wasnt enjoying getting abuse for being PC Brigade/prude/atmosphere destroyer/prawn sandwich muncher :greengrin But my daughter likes joining in with the singing and it'd be a shame if the new songs excluded those like her who don't do swearing...

02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm glad someone else said this first; I wasnt enjoying getting abuse for being PC Brigade/prude/atmosphere destroyer/prawn sandwich muncher :greengrin But my daughter likes joining in with the singing and it'd be a shame if the new songs excluded those like her who don't do swearing...

What's a lassie doing at the fitba anyway ;-)

02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
What's a lassie doing at the fitba anyway ;-)

Tutting at the f and c words, most of the time :greengrin

02-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Think ManUre started it first singing 'So come on Davie Moyes, play like Fergies boys..'

I actually agree with one of the previous posts about a change of words. Maybe 'we're green and white' to replace **** the hearts..?

That could work :agree:

:singing: Come on Butcher's boys
We'll make all the noise
We're green and white
And Hearts are ***** :singing:

MurrayfieldHibs
02-12-2013, 06:15 PM

We'll make all the noise
We're green and white

yerauldda
02-12-2013, 06:17 PM

We'll make all the noise
We're green and white
Perfect!

02-12-2013, 06:51 PM

We'll make all the noise
We're green and white

Yeah, that could work brilliantly

02-12-2013, 07:01 PM

We'll make all the noise
We're green and white

Winner!

(The non-swearers can sing: 'We're green and white, Nade's not light'.)

WestEndHibee
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Winner!

(The non-swearers can sing: 'We're green and white, Nade's not light'.)

Thanks mate! :aok:

02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Think i remember seeing them play the old Empire (now Festival Theatre). Got grounded as gig didnt start until the bingo finished at around 11pm. Lota skinhead fans.

i was too young to see them live, but i remember myself and a few mates going to the old cinema in Rodney street(long LONG gone) to watch their film titled "Slade in Flame" mid-70's :greengrin

02-12-2013, 07:24 PM

We'll make all the noise
We're green and white

this, make it so

ZS DOOM
02-12-2013, 09:47 PM

We'll make all the noise
We're green and white

I thought the whole idea was to remove the swearing?

Amit
02-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Keep the first two lines... Last two lines could be something like "we bleed green and white"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

02-12-2013, 10:42 PM
When has a song ever taken off from here. The lyrics won't change

wearethehibs
03-12-2013, 06:34 AM
Lets add more sweary words just for kicks :)
Come on tae **** Butchers boys
We'll make all the ****ing noise
We'll sing **** the h****s

Only 1 word that should be blurred out in that song!

03-12-2013, 07:23 AM
i was too young to see them live, but i remember myself and a few mates going to the old cinema in Rodney street(long LONG gone) to watch their film titled "Slade in Flame" mid-70's :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLsw668PVyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cO_y9tmGC4&list=RDVLsw668PVyY

Remember seeing the film there, which was a lot of keek, but remember seeing them live at the Leith Town Hall before that.

At the start of the concert, Noddy said, "The council said we were banned from playing Edinburgh, we said F*** them. Everyone down the front, clap your hands, stamp your feet" and started playing Mama weer all crazee now. The first three rows of seats were totally destroyed. Great gig.

03-12-2013, 09:55 AM

saved for nostalgia reasons :) ta muchly

Remember seeing the film there, which was a lot of keek, but remember seeing them live at the Leith Town Hall before that.

At the start of the concert, Noddy said, "The council said we were banned from playing Edinburgh, we said F*** them. Everyone down the front, clap your hands, stamp your feet" and started playing Mama weer all crazee now. The first three rows of seats were totally destroyed. Great gig.

only ever been to two gigs in my entire life and that was to see The Boomtown Rats...twice :)

03-12-2013, 10:32 AM
only ever been to two gigs in my entire life and that was to see The Boomtown Rats...twice :)

But why would you go back?

03-12-2013, 10:39 AM
But why would you go back?

enjoyed the gig that much in the Glasgow Apollo we just had to see them again in the Playhouse

HFC07
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM

We'll make all the noise
We're green and white

:top marks Ace, far better......

Roll on Saturday :flag:

brian6-2
03-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Original, aired on saturday is how it should stay. why anyone would want to change it is beyond me.

**** the hearts.

03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Original, aired on saturday is how it should stay. why anyone would want to change it is beyond me.

Ehhh..........because they are not you, I guess? :greengrin

Came over loud and clear on the Tellybox - normally they muffle oot the sweary words

brian6-2
03-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Ehhh..........because they are not you, I guess? :greengrin

Came over loud and clear on the Tellybox - normally they muffle oot the sweary words

exactly why it should stay the same to be honest :wink:

**** the hearts.

03-12-2013, 04:48 PM

**** the hearts.

I concur!

03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
The original should stay but I get what people are saying. Why not have another version that can be sung in tandem?

"we hate hearts" or something like that would fit.

04-12-2013, 09:44 AM

**** the hearts.

100% agree.

EH54
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Bit daft to change the words because of this. You take people to a football game where all sorts happen. Should we reword the We hate glasgow rangers song because it says *****? and We'll support you ever more! get on with it.

yerauldda
04-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Bit daft to change the words because of this. You take people to a football game where all sorts happen. Should we reword the We hate glasgow rangers song because it says *****? and We'll support you ever more! get on with it.

I just think it sounds a bit naff! not bothered about the words but don't think it has a ring to it but each to their own.

EH54
04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
I just think it sounds a bit naff! not bothered about the words but don't think it has a ring to it but each to their own.

Don't mind that if it has to be changed to sound better or a better option is put forward that sounds better but to want to change the words so its more family friendly is daft. I think anyway each to there own.

04-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Great gig by a superb live band. The fighting between the YLT and the niddrie lot was tasty too. :greengrin

04-12-2013, 07:07 PM

Yes - it should be "We hate Sevco Rangers".

04-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Great gig by a superb live band. The fighting between the YLT and the niddrie lot was tasty too. :greengrin

That might be YNT then? Terror as I recall...

04-12-2013, 07:44 PM
We think the **** are obsessed by us by mentioning us in almost all their songs. Do we need to mention them in this. Make it a pro Hibs song and don't give them the time of day.Just my opinion.

CapitalHibs
05-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Could you no say "Screw the Hertz..." Still a sweary word but a bit less offensive (to some!) than the F-word...

green.and.white
05-12-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't mind swearing in chants but it's better when there is none, that is what makes the Allez Au chant so brilliant - not only is it extremely catchy, a lot more folk are willing to join in, creating a better atmosphere.

06-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Could you no say "Screw the Hertz..." Still a sweary word but a bit less offensive (to some!) than the F-word...

Your having a laugh surely?

06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
That might be YNT then? Terror as I recall...

I'm 53 now, and racked my brains to remember wtf they were called but couldn't remember? Saying that, i cant even remember what i had for dinner yesterday. :greengrin

06-12-2013, 11:58 PM
I remember there were a group of kids in the ff stand joining in with the old ivan Sproule song but they changed the words. They sang

"He's here he's there but were no aloud to sware ivan Sproule ivan Sproule"

Thought it was very clever

07-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I remember there were a group of kids in the ff stand joining in with the old ivan Sproule song but they changed the words. They sang

:top marks:greengrin

07-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Found a solution:

Come on butchers boys
Well make all the noise
Singing allez allez oh
Allez allez oh oi oi oi

Break into allez allez oh as desired. Done.

WestEndHibee
07-12-2013, 08:09 PM

ZS DOOM
07-12-2013, 08:18 PM

So inventive. I've never heard that before

marti1875
10-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Found a solution:

Come on butchers boys
Well make all the noise
Singing allez allez oh
Allez allez oh oi oi oi

Break into allez allez oh as desired. Done.

Eh???? really?? 😄

10-12-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm 53 now, and racked my brains to remember wtf they were called but couldn't remember? Saying that, i cant even remember what i had for dinner yesterday. :greengrin

You're lucky, I cannae remember what I had for dinner today :greengrin

10-12-2013, 10:55 PM

Dinner?

When's dinner?

11-12-2013, 06:12 AM

Don't Meals on Wheels provide weekly menus you could look back at?:greengrin

11-12-2013, 07:49 AM

11-12-2013, 11:11 AM

Coming back to Gothenburg after getting thumped, the train was ringing out wi "Mixu Patteleinen, get effin signing". One of the boys says to the wee man, all of 8 at the time, "son, d'ye ken the words tae this? Does yer Dad let ye sing it?" Before I could react, he was away "Mixu Patteleinen, get BLEEPIN signing". Worked it out for himself. Mair brains at 8 than his auld man's ever had. Plenty folk offended on others behalf s on here, I started goin to E.R. at 8 myself, got hooked & kept comin back. One of the biggest laughs for me & my young amigos at the time was when some adult nearby lost it & went into a rant & let loose, it happened then like it happens now, mind in they days if you didn't like it on the terraces you just wandered off somewhere else. No got that option nowadays, unfortunately.

11-12-2013, 08:53 PM

I would if I could remember where I put them :greengrin

19-12-2013, 06:46 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/135305-New-Year-Derby/page__view__findpost__p__3957196

This is funny. Copying basturt

19-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Dont get all this nonsense about the F word - after all there are a lot of words commonly used in every day language that are worse --- "Dead" for example ---- Well, what would you rather be ? Dead or F***** ?