PDA

View Full Version : Playing in GREEN away from home.

thebakerboy
30-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Nice to see us playing in GREEN away from home. I know there was no colour clash , apart from Celtic there is none in Scotland, makes a nice change from black white or yellow . Don't know if this is down to TB or what but we seem to be playing in change strip for no reason a lot recently. Seem to remember a match away to Killie last season when they played in red and we played in black or white (can't remember which) but why I have no idea why both teams changed. HIBS PLAY IN GREEN. I do understand it is for financial reasons to get mugs to buy more than 1 strip which I think is unnecessary , we only need one strip , let the 'tic change we were the first in green.

heretoday
30-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Nice to see us playing in GREEN away from home. I know there was no colour clash , apart from Celtic there is none in Scotland, makes a nice change from black white or yellow . Don't know if this is down to TB or what but we seem to be playing in change strip for no reason a lot recently. Seem to remember a match away to Killie last season when they played in red and we played in black or white (can't remember which) but why I have no idea why both teams changed. HIBS PLAY IN GREEN. I do understand it is for financial reasons to get mugs to buy more than 1 strip which I think is unnecessary , we only need one strip , let the 'tic change we were the first in green.

I couldn't agree more. We don't need to change even against Celtic. Maybe if we played against Plymouth or Yeovil.

I hate change strips, especially those black ones. I always felt we had enough trouble finding a pass without playing in black!

LancsHibs
30-11-2013, 07:53 PM
:agree: Agree, we play in green & white, no need for change strips. We never used to change even when playing Celtic. When we change into an 'away' strip for no reason irks me for some reason!

nonshinyfinish
30-11-2013, 08:04 PM
While I'd rather we played in green, I doubt it makes any difference to the players. I'd like to think we'd have won today even if we were wearing that shan lilac top.

Plus, if wearing the away kit more often helps to sell more of them, then it's just more money for player wages/Petrie's retirement fund (delete as appropriate).

HibsNZ
30-11-2013, 08:07 PM
:agree: Totally agree, I only ever buy the home top. Always liked the away strip we had that was white body, green sleeves.

thebakerboy
30-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Just watching sportscene and seeing St Mirren and Dundee Utd playing in a change strip when there is no clash , sorry this is getting on my T&ts. We are doing this all the time yet Cardiff City fans are battling to keep their team in Blue when new owner has them in red. The BLUEBIRDS playing in red !!!!!!!!! Lets all play in our traditional colours PLEASE.

Nomeancity
30-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Ok too many shandies so another meaningless and irrelevant post - but do we not have the best strip in the world. It's green - not many teams are green. And the white sleeves have always done it for me. If only the wife would swap all that leather and chains gear for a hibs top.

JohnStephens91
30-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Just watching sportscene and seeing St Mirren and Dundee Utd playing in a change strip when there is no clash , sorry this is getting on my T&ts. We are doing this all the time yet Cardiff City fans are battling to keep their team in Blue when new owner has them in red. The BLUEBIRDS playing in red !!!!!!!!! Lets all play in our traditional colours PLEASE.

The Dundee United kit is a special edition for cup games this season, it is also why they are playing in the cups with the numbers 1-11 on the shirts

drifter533814
30-11-2013, 11:47 PM
The Dundee United kit is a special edition for cup games this season, it is also why they are playing in the cups with the numbers 1-11 on the shirts

That Dundee Utd kit always reminds me of arsenal, also whenever I play FIFA hibs always wear green, especially against the pretend greens.

HoboHarry
01-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Ok too many shandies so another meaningless and irrelevant post - but do we not have the best strip in the world. It's green - not many teams are green. And the white sleeves have always done it for me. If only the wife would swap all that leather and chains gear for a hibs top.
A couple of glasses of a decent Chardonnay inside her and my wife can be talked into wearing a Hibs top.... Heh heh heh....really cool........:greengrin