PDA

View Full Version : NHC Aaron Ramsey...........

theonlywayisup
30-11-2013, 06:59 PM
..........is he the English Premier League player of the season so far, in your opinion?

15 goals from 25 EPL, Champions League, League Cup and World Cup Qualifiers - not bad for a midfielder.

If not, who is?

Col2
30-11-2013, 07:13 PM
..........is he the English Premier League player of the season so far, in your opinion?

15 goals from 25 EPL, Champions League, League Cup and World Cup Qualifiers - not bad for a midfielder.

If not, who is?

Has to be Ramsay. Arsenal are a joy to watch and have some fantastic players from midfield to front. I would love it if they stayed the distance. They need a top striker to mitigate any injuries to front players.

Paperboy
01-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Different class. Loved it how he didn't celebrate when he scored and Cardiff fans gave him a standing ovation. Then when he scored his second he did that Cardiff celebration thing.

On a whole Arsenal have improved massively, especially Ramsey nd Cszny in goal. Not got a team dwn south but I hope they win the league.

hibbydog
01-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Different class. Loved it how he didn't celebrate when he scored and Cardiff fans gave him a standing ovation. Then when he scored his second he did that Cardiff celebration thing.

On a whole Arsenal have improved massively, especially Ramsey nd Cszny in goal. Not got a team dwn south but I hope they win the league.

Great show of mutual respect between Ramsey and the Cardiff fans. With there being so many negative things about footballers nowadays (high earnings, bad attitudes, ill advised tweets etc) it's good to see a bit of class still remains.

HibbyAndy
01-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Ramsay is the best player in the EPL right now.

I hope Arsenal win it.

lapsedhibee
01-12-2013, 07:31 AM

If not, who is?

Never seen a player show so much improvement in 12 months. He honked regularly this time last year - fans wanted him dropped, sold, etc. Perhaps shows just how long it can take to rebuild confidence after a bad injury.

HibbyAndy
01-12-2013, 07:41 AM
I was in my burds house the night Ramsey got his leg broken at Stoke.That durty **** Shawcross left his leg hanging off..It was sickening to watch and can remember thinkin thats it career over, Massive bottle courage and dedication to get back even a better player to date. The guys a class act.

Weststandwanab
01-12-2013, 09:21 AM

If not, who is?By far the best and in my opinion will be the first £100m transfer,

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Brilliant and only going to improve. Poetic justice that Ramsey is leading Arsenal to the top of the league while Stoke are leaking goals and struggling.

Ell_Chrisso
01-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I was in my burds house the night Ramsey got his leg broken at Stoke.That durty **** Shawcross left his leg hanging off..It was sickening to watch and can remember thinkin thats it career over, Massive bottle courage and dedication to get back even a better player to date. The guys a class act.

Was literally 25 yards from the incident, being an Arsenal fan stuck in the Stoke end. Completely horrific incident and it didn't take long to see the extent of the damage of the tackle. Aaron has been on fire this year, may it continue!

Fergus52
01-12-2013, 12:19 PM
:agree:

James70
01-12-2013, 01:31 PM
If Man U. don't win the league this season I would really love Arsenal to do it.

I love watching them and Swansea too but closer to home Dundee Utd are a breath of fresh air.

If only Hibs could put a team like that on the park again.

Jonnyboy
01-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Nobody comes close to him at the moment :agree:

theonlywayisup
08-01-2014, 08:01 PM

If not, who is?

Think Yaya Toure must be a good bet for player of the season so far. He has been a bit special tonight.

Him, Suarez and Ramsey must be the best players so far.

Vault Boy
08-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Suarez would take it at this moment in time IMO, no doubting Ramsey's incredible performances and goal tally so far though.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Is Ramsey still getting a game? I've not heard him mentioned for ages.

Vault Boy
08-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Is Ramsey still getting a game? I've not heard him mentioned for ages.

Injured.

hfc rd
08-01-2014, 08:11 PM
For me thus far, it is Yaya Toure for player of the season. The best CM in the league. Don't really understand how Barca let go of him in favour of Sergio Busquets. Imagine Toure, Xavi and Iniesta as a midfield 3?

jacomo
08-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Think Yaya Toure must be a good bet for player of the season so far. He has been a bit special tonight.

Him, Suarez and Ramsey must be the best players so far.

:agree: all three have been simply brilliant so far

jacomo
08-01-2014, 08:16 PM
For me thus far, it is Yaya Toure for player of the season. The best CM in the league. Don't really understand how Barca let go of him in favour of Sergio Busquets. Imagine Toure, Xavi and Iniesta as a midfield 3?

Toure had his head turned by colossal wage offer from City did he not?

Haymaker
08-01-2014, 08:16 PM

They had that midfield 3.

Apparently a lazy work ethic in training (same as his brother) and he can lose concentration in the defending aspect of his role. Going forward though he is just awesome.

Judas Iscariot
08-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Wouldn't get a game for City...

Chump
08-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Not for me....he is having a fabulous season, scored some great goals and is far and away the more improved person but SUAREZ is out there on his own for me with Yaya a close second.

I don't think Ramsay is or will be in the same bracket as either of these two.....I have a feeling he is on a high and long may it continue but I just can't see him ever being a world class talent IMO.....and definitely not a £100m player fwiw!!

HibernianJK
08-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Sergio Busquets is a world class player, most underrated player i've seen. Makes Barca tick.

Jonnyboy
08-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Sergio Busquets is a world class player, most underrated player i've seen. Makes Barca tick.

This although I think Xavi and Iniesta do the ticking thing :greengrin

HibernianJK
08-01-2014, 09:47 PM
This although I think Xavi and Iniesta do the ticking thing :greengrin

Yes hat is true actually :na na: but with both not getting any younger and Busquets not even in him prime he will be the constant in their team for years to come.. Cant say Toure would have been the same.

MWHIBBIES
08-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Wouldn't get a game for City...:faf: Twice the player Nasri is.

Holmesdale Hibs
08-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Suarez would take it at this moment in time IMO, no doubting Ramsey's incredible performances and goal tally so far though.

Agree. Suarez by some distance with Ramsey second.

jgl07
08-01-2014, 10:15 PM
For me thus far, it is Yaya Toure for player of the season. The best CM in the league. Don't really understand how Barca let go of him in favour of Sergio Busquets. Imagine Toure, Xavi and Iniesta as a midfield 3?Barcelona often played him in central defence! They rarely if ever used him as an attacking midfielder that City have done to great effect on occasions.

J-C
08-01-2014, 10:15 PM
He was till his injury, I'd say Negredo at Man City is close to being the top guy at the moment, seemingly unplayable tonight and deadly in front of goal.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2014, 10:19 PM
He was till his injury, I'd say Negredo at Man City is close to being the top guy at the moment, seemingly unplayable tonight and deadly in front of goal.

I think I could be deadly playing against the Irons

Speedy
08-01-2014, 10:31 PM

Suarez has been the best.

Toure wouldn't be anywhere near as effective in that role.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Suarez has been phenomenomenomenal as a goalscorer, but Ramsey is definitely the most improved player this season. He honked for a fair bit of 2012-3.

J-C
08-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I think I could be deadly playing against the Irons

True but the commentators on the radio said he was so clinical when he got the chances, also how surprised he's fitting into Premiership football so quickly, what every team needs, a big strong fast CF who's lethal in front of goals.

heretoday
08-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Barkley of Everton must rank pretty high. Hazard of Chelsea? Do defenders get a mention? Mertesacker has been outstanding.

green.and.white
08-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Suarez has been phenomenomenomenal as a goalscorer, but Ramsey is definitely the most improved player this season. He honked for a fair bit of 2012-3.

In terms of improved players, Jordan Henderson has been outstanding for Liverpool this season as well

NOLA
08-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Aaron Ramsey has been brilliant this season, he's fully recovered from his bad injury and is playing with alot more maturity, delighted for him.

Ritchie
09-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Ramsay is the best player in the EPL right now.

I hope Arsenal win it.

If Arsenal want to win it they should be knocking on PSG's door and offering the world for Zlatan!

If they sign him then the league is guranteed IMO. :agree: