PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's post match comments

theonlywayisup
30-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Terry (http://asia.eurosport.com/football/john-terry_prs3265/person.shtml) Butcher was a happy man after Hibernian knocked Ross County out of the Scottish Cup thanks to a Daniel Handling goal for the Leith side's first victory in seven attempts against the Highland club.It was also Butcher's first win in Dingwall. The former Inverness Caledonian Thistle boss was delighted to break his duck and get a pleasing performance from his new charges.He said: "It wasn't the best of football matches - it was a gritty cup tie, but I'm delighted with the win."Hibs, who had to play the last 20 minutes with 10 men after Paul Cairney was sent off, deserved to win.Butcher added: "The players showed a level of fitness today and they showed some skill as well, when they get the ball down and pass it. We've seen different qualities in the side today we didn't know were there. They keep on surprising us."In a match which did not produce much in the way of chances, Hibs took the one that mattered just after the half hour mark when Handling struck.Bucher said: "Ross County had one chance when Luckassen hit the post, while Ben Williams hasn't got a save to make."For the second week running he's been kept inactive, and we've kept a clean sheet."On the sending off, he added: "I thought Paul Cairney's second yellow was extremely harsh. It was a goal kick or a penalty, and that's it. There was contact, he's got a big mark on his shin where contact was made."

HFC07
30-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Bloody right there was contact I was standing inches away from it. Shocking stuff from Thompson.

aljo7-0
30-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Bloody right there was contact I was standing inches away from it. Shocking stuff from Thompson.
Shock, horror, gasp. :rolleyes: The man is a muppet who will be delighting in the fact that he has managed to wind us up again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I wasnae inches away, maybe 10m, but, I thought he was already on his way down before contact was made.

cleanyman
30-11-2013, 07:19 PM
I wasnae inches away, maybe 10m, but, I thought he was already on his way down before contact was made.

I thought similar at the time, I wouldn't have even risked going down when on a yellow

HibbyAndy
30-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Lets hope Sportscene make a big issue of the penalty incident tonight.

CRAIG THOMPSON YOU ARE ONE CHEATING HEARTS BARSTEWARD

Ronniekirk
30-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Lets hope Sportscene make a big issue of the penalty incident tonight.

CRAIG THOMPSON YOU ARE ONE CHEATING HEARTS BARSTEWARD
Depends who pundits are Although Mikey Stewart has been pro Hibs since Butcher was being touted for the job Haven't seen it but Cairney can be clumsy and he does anticipate getting tackled in the box