PDA

View Full Version : Yams Thomson

Dashing Bob S
30-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Why the SFA let that clown officiate in the first place is an unfathomable mystery. How he is allowed to look after Hibs games with his track record is nothing short of an abomination.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2013, 04:06 PM
GIRFUY ya cheating Hearts fud.

Not even subtle now.

Tricla
30-11-2013, 04:11 PM
He's a fud.

Hibs History
30-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Why the SFA let that clown officiate in the first place is an unfathomable mystery. How he is allowed to look after Hibs games with his track record is nothing short of an abomination.

Totally agree.

The club officials have voiced their concerns (through the correct channels - not complaining in the papers) about his refereeing before (notably before the ref appointment before the Hearts final) but it continues to fall on deaf ears.

Not sure what more the club can do

Diclonius
30-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Totally agree.

The club officials have voiced their concerns (through the correct channels - not complaining in the papers) about his refereeing before (notably before the ref appointment before the Hearts final) but it continues to fall on deaf ears.

Complain about it in papers. Put it out there and get some public pressure on Thomson.

It worked for Neil Lennon for far less.

Saorsa
30-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Totally agree.

Not sure what more the club can doRefuse tae play when he's appointed tae our games, it may cost us points and fines but it'll embarrass him and the SFA more. Ever since Hibs complained about him before the cheat, cheats final we've been given him for important games. Off course Petrie winnae be wanting tae harm his position in the SFA.

Keith_M
30-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Does anyone have the stats on Hibs games ref'd by Thomson? Number of games, yellows, reds

Heisenberg
30-11-2013, 04:17 PM
It's mental that he still gets our games.

Scott Allan Key
30-11-2013, 04:20 PM
GIRFUY ya cheating Hearts fud.

Not even subtle now.

I second that emotion. Hope the Ross County player recovers, but a bit of justice when it went to 10 v 10. Nobody up there likes the Yam cheat.

Gordy M
30-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Has there ever been a case where a certain team doesn't get a certain referee?

hibees 7062
30-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Complain about it in papers. Put it out there and get some public pressure on Thomson.

It works for Neil Lennon for far less.

Sorted

Pretty Boy
30-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Has there ever been a case where a certain team doesn't get a certain referee?

There was a Spanish referee who wasn't allowed to officiate Barcelona games, unofficially.

Itsnoteasy
30-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Hope he isnae doing the final this year

Saorsa
30-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Wonder who'll be the 1st along tae say it's just incompetence. One again he just incompetently took every opportunity tae book and send off our players despite the number of fouls committed by them.

brog
30-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Wonder who'll be the 1st along tae say it's just incompetence. One again he just incompetently booked and sent off our players despite the number of fouls committed by them.

I'll oblige you Dan. Ask Dortmund or Malaga, France or Bosnia if he's biased against them or if he's just incompetent. You may also remember the infamous Real Madrid game when their players were deliberately getting booked & CT was the only person in the stadium who didn't know what was happening! Even in the game at Pittodrie when he wrongly gave a penalty to Dons he partially balanced it up by wrongly sending Pawlett off! He's an arrogant, incompetent idiot but I really doubt he deliberately goes out to punish us.

Treadstone
30-11-2013, 04:49 PM

Better one than that Bob.

Make two monumental cock-ups in showpiece final and several minor ones.
Punishment : get the gig for next national final.

Ye couldnae make it up.

HibbyAndy
30-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Lets be brutally honest here , Their is poor refereeing and their is downright cheating.

Craig Thompson is a cheating Hearts barsteward and everyone knows it.

Kato
30-11-2013, 04:50 PM
but I really doubt he deliberately goes out to punish us.

Sorry, but you're doubts are misplaced - he does.

HibbyAndy
30-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Better one than that Bob.

Make two monumental cock-ups in showpiece final and several minor ones.
Punishment : get the gig for next national final.

Ye couldnae make it up.

Nah make two monumental cock ups in a final and get him THE VERY NEXT GAME...First game of the season away at Tannadice.

Thomson is a cheating hearts ****.

LeithBoozy
30-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Wonder who'll be the 1st along tae say it's just incompetence. One again he just incompetently took every opportunity tae book and send off our players despite the number of fouls committed by them.

BBC stats =Ross C 15 fouls, 1 last min booking. Hibs 12 fouls 3 bookings and one sent off ? :confused:

Fergus52
30-11-2013, 04:53 PM
I'll oblige you Dan. Ask Dortmund or Malaga, France or Bosnia if he's biased against them or if he's just incompetent. You may also remember the infamous Real Madrid game when their players were deliberately getting booked & CT was the only person in the stadium who didn't know what was happening! Even in the game at Pittodrie when he wrongly gave a penalty to Dons he partially balanced it up by wrongly sending Pawlett off! He's an arrogant, incompetent idiot but I really doubt he deliberately goes out to punish us.

You look at the stats for every game where he's reffed us (apart from the league games last season, where he was treading carefully) and you'll see that he does.

Before the 2012 cup final, if you look at every game where he reffed us, we always had a key player booked in the first ten minutes. We often had a player sent off and in around every second game we would have a penatly against us.

Also the fact one of our directors used to be his boss is quite interesting too.

Onceinawhile
30-11-2013, 04:53 PM
The dortmund malaga game was down to the incompetence of his linesman. What else was he to do in the real madrid game? Not book the players for excessive time wastig?

TomoHFC
30-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Can't post pictures on my ipod but there's a picture of PSG midfielder Marco Verratti the fingers at Craig Thomson.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Sorry, but you're doubts are misplaced - he does.

This.

He's a cheat. He may well be incompetent as well but there is no doubt in my mind that when it comes to Hibs he is first and foremost a cheat.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-11-2013, 04:57 PM
He's an utter weapon

haagsehibby
30-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm amazed that he didn't disallow the goal for Handling in the box !! :cb

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Also, that's him now booked Sparky and Cairney for diving-neither were dives. Yet he's given at least two penalties against us after utterly blatant dives. No one is just that bad at their job-no one

lord bunberry
30-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I was working today so I missed what happened, what did he do this time?

Kato
30-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Also, that's him now booked Sparky and Cairney for diving-neither were dives. Yet he's given at least two penalties against us after utterly blatant dives. No one is just that bad at their job-no one

Exactly when it comes to important decisions they always seem to go against us.

If he was incompetent, like many of his peers, these would, as the saying goes, "even themselves up". They don't, he cheats us more often than not.

I bet he's gutted tonight that we are still in the competition and I hope Butcher or Malpas takes the opportunity to point out his bias in the press. Since the Fletcher sending off in the SC game at ER this has gone on too long.

HibbyAndy
30-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Aye the Fletchers sending off was a total shocker..Berra Actually snapped Fletch.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Does anyone have a link to the dossier we put together on this **** before the 2012 final. I remember reading it. Would like to update it

green.and.white
30-11-2013, 05:09 PM
http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/df76b26c59dd11e3ac3512b9a4187780_8.jpg

:greengrin :thumbsup:

Tricla
30-11-2013, 05:10 PM
http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/df76b26c59dd11e3ac3512b9a4187780_8.jpg

:greengrin :thumbsup:

rofl!

Makaveli
30-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Thing is, the SFA taking him off Hibs games would be an admission of bias.

Won't happen even though it's plain to see he's a cheat. He's so brazen about it as well.

Ronniekirk
30-11-2013, 05:31 PM
He's a fud.
Total and utter

Saorsa
30-11-2013, 05:37 PM
I'll oblige you Dan. Ask Dortmund or Malaga, France or Bosnia if he's biased against them or if he's just incompetent. You may also remember the infamous Real Madrid game when their players were deliberately getting booked & CT was the only person in the stadium who didn't know what was happening! Even in the game at Pittodrie when he wrongly gave a penalty to Dons he partially balanced it up by wrongly sending Pawlett off! He's an arrogant, incompetent idiot but I really doubt he deliberately goes out to punish us.I have absolutely nae doubt he's incompetent and useless but there's a onesidedness in our games and it goes beyond that IMO. How many players did they get wrongly booked or sent off? Odd that all his 'incompetent' decisions in our games are against us!

brog
30-11-2013, 05:40 PM
You look at the stats for every game where he's reffed us (apart from the league games last season, where he was treading carefully) and you'll see that he does.

Before the 2012 cup final, if you look at every game where he reffed us, we always had a key player booked in the first ten minutes. We often had a player sent off and in around every second game we would have a penatly against us.

Also the fact one of our directors used to be his boss is quite interesting too.

I looked at the 2 seasons up to that game & I'm afraid the stats don't match your claim. He reffed us 11 times & in only 3 did he book a player in the 1st 10 mins tho 2 of those games were against them! He only sent one player off in those 11 games. I can't comment on pens as I used the excellent Hibs stats for my info. I repeat, I think he's a clown but I doubt he really tries to harm us. If that was case why would he wrongly send Pawlett off?
I am intrigued however as to the frequency of him reffing us & in particular that 3 of his 7 times in charge in 2011/2012 were against them. That seems disproportionate.

Ryan69
30-11-2013, 05:41 PM

Hannover also. Vs Fc Twente last year with the phantom penalty.

Stax
30-11-2013, 05:42 PM

100 % agree with this, he overcompensated with decisions in favour of us (iirc 1st game he took us again was against Dundee utd after the final) for a while, he soon reverted to type though. Complete and utter walloper and wouldn't surprise me if he still harbours some petty grudge against a former boss.

oldbutdim
30-11-2013, 05:47 PM
100 % agree with this, he overcompensated with decisions in favour of us (iirc 1st game he took us again was against Dundee utd after the final) for a while, he soon reverted to type though. Complete and utter walloper and wouldn't surprise me if he still harbours some petty grudge against a former boss.

Who is his former boss?

:confused:

brog
30-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Hannover also. Vs Fc Twente last year with the phantom penalty.

I'd forgotten that one. An absolute classic!

Sir David Gray
30-11-2013, 06:07 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that when it comes to Craig Thomson and Hibs, it goes well beyond incompetence and that he is, in fact, a cheat.

I have never liked when Celtic do it but if a referee had treated them like Thomson has treated us over the last few years, they would be hounding the press and the authorities to make sure that they never officiated at another game of theirs again.

Hibs should be demanding that the SFA never appoint Thomson to any of our games again.

The man is a disgrace to his profession.

hibsbollah
30-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I looked at the 2 seasons up to that game & I'm afraid the stats don't match your claim. He reffed us 11 times & in only 3 did he book a player in the 1st 10 mins tho 2 of those games were against them! He only sent one player off in those 11 games. I can't comment on pens as I used the excellent Hibs stats for my info. I repeat, I think he's a clown but I doubt he really tries to harm us. If that was case why would he wrongly send Pawlett off?
I am intrigued however as to the frequency of him reffing us & in particular that 3 of his 7 times in charge in 2011/2012 were against them. That seems disproportionate.

Last season we had an excellent record with him as ref. Won 3 and gave us some big decisions in our favour. At Tannadice springs to mind. I'm not saying he isnt biased against us ( could be him overcompensating after the 5-1), just putting it out there.

Greenblood70
30-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Lets be brutally honest here , Their is poor refereeing and their is downright cheating.

Craig Thompson is a cheating Hearts barsteward and everyone knows it.

This, Craig Thompson is a cheat, plain and simple.

The club needs to come out In the papers and list his utterly bizarre decisions against us and ensure he never officiates one of our games again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Ritchie
30-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Has anyone at Hibs said anything about his performance today?

Flanny boy
30-11-2013, 06:56 PM
The guy is a cheating **** who hates hibs.
he should never be allowed to ref a hibs game again

Craig_in_Prague
30-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Has anyone at Hibs said anything about his performance today?

Or this even?

Eyrie
30-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Or this even?

Looking at that picture, Craig Henry Edward Albert Thomson is clearly unsighted by the mass of bodies in the way and so had no way of knowing that the foul took place outside the box. Only an incompetent cheat could give that as a penalty if he had a good view of the incident.

Can we appeal Cairney's red card, or is that only possible for a straight red and not a second yellow? I'd be tempted to make an appeal anyway just to focus attention on the incident. Butcher is quoted as saying that "There was contact, he's got a big mark on his shin where contact was made."

DaveF
30-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm amazed that he didn't disallow the goal for Handling in the box !! :cb

:faf:

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Thomson is a fud. They all are and he's more of a fud than any of them. No question.

But.

How is Paul Cairney not getting any flak? I am glad to see him back and there was flashes of what we had at the start of last year.

That first yellow card should get him a serious boot in the nads. Inexcusable. Thomson might also have booked the RC man involved, but Cairney was being a hole.

The second - from where I was sitting far left of the goals I couldn't see if he took a dive. If he did, the punishment he gets from the club should be the maximum.

And if Thomson had been out to really screw us today he could have done Collins (excellent performance otherwise) two or three times for simulation.

Carheenlea
30-11-2013, 08:45 PM
He was very fortunate in the immediate aftermath of the controversial red card (and I suppose as a club we were as well..) that he avoided being struck by the numerous missiles that whizzed closely either side of his head.
The telling thing for me was shortly after that he gave us the softest of free kicks on the half way line, which hit home that he was taking the puss and making a fool of us.

Diclonius
30-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Or this even?

Every time I see that I just get angrier.

They were probably going to win that game but the **** made it an absolute certainly with that decision.

Argylehibby
30-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Thomsons record when refereeing us was pretty decent until the semi final v Dunfermline (06/07) when he turned down a stone wall penalty for us only to gift them one a couple of minutes later. From then on his record until last season was appalling. Ironically that replay loss was the only game he refereed that season we lost but I have thought for some time that Hibs must have been highly critical of his performance in that semi final and he has held a grudge ever since.

Up to and including that final he had referred 39 of our games with us winning 14 and losing 18. However 10 of those wins were up to that semi final v Dunfermline.

Last season was all about keeping a low profile and now it's a case of normal service being resumed.

Scott Allan Key
30-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Can we appeal Cairney's second yellow card?

matty_f
30-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Can we appeal Cairney's second yellow card?

Should be appealing the first as well. Nonsense booking, seem players get away with much worse against us this season.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Thomson is a fud. They all are and he's more of a fud than any of them. No question.

But.

How is Paul Cairney not getting any flak? I am glad to see him back and there was flashes of what we had at the start of last year.

That first yellow card should get him a serious boot in the nads. Inexcusable. Thomson might also have booked the RC man involved, but Cairney was being a hole.

The second - from where I was sitting far left of the goals I couldn't see if he took a dive. If he did, the punishment he gets from the club should be the maximum.

And if Thomson had been out to really screw us today he could have done Collins (excellent performance otherwise) two or three times for simulation.

EDIT: 2nd is never a booking.

Should be appealing the first as well. Nonsense booking, seem players get away with much worse against us this season.

Nah.

Seveno
30-11-2013, 10:07 PM
What a cheat. Cairney should not have received either yellow card. Thomson clearly couldn't wait to send him off.

poolman
30-11-2013, 10:09 PM

But.

Bollox

KingFranck
30-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Watched the incident about 5 times and how that Muppet thinks it's a dive is astonishing Hibs need to question why a hearts fan is allowed to ever ref us and make these decisions he clearly hates us as much as we hate him are you listening SPFL and SFA Referees Association?

Heisenberg
30-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Both bookings for Cairney were hilariously bad.

Jonnyboy
30-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Watched the incident about 5 times and how that Muppet thinks it's a dive is astonishing Hibs need to question why a hearts fan is allowed to ever ref us and make these decisions he clearly hates us as much as we hate him are you listening SPFL and SFA Referees Association?

He couldn't get his cards out quick enough. PC was still hitting the dirt when Thomson started reaching for his pocket. As to the first yellow, how come it was OK for the County player to physically manhandle Cairney?

Hibtastic
30-11-2013, 10:14 PM

But.

Having just seen the "incidents" on tv I cant agree with you at all. Didnt see Cairney do much wrong. Thomson is a fud!

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Bollox

I've changed my opinion on the second yellow on a previous post - as I said I couldn't see clearly at the game. Bit like yourself?

The only argument about the first yellow is that the Ross Co man never got one too.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Having just seen the "incidents" on tv I cant agree with you at all. Didnt see Cairney do much wrong. Thomson is a fud!

He picked up the ball, walked away with it then dropped it and rolled it away with his foot.
Players should always be getting boked for these offences.
Admittedly Thomson won't miss this chance against us, but that hardly absolves Paul Cairney - the first yellow was deserved I think.

SaulGoodman
30-11-2013, 10:20 PM
I've changed my opinion on the second yellow on a previous post - as I said I couldn't see clearly at the game. Bit like yourself?

The only argument about the first yellow is that the Ross Co man never got one too.

That St Mirren boy put it perfectly, Cairney takes 3 steps with the ball in his hands before dropping it (which I've seen hundreds of players do) it lets other players get into positron and stops a quick free kick.

He then drops the ball, the County player hauls him back and gives him a push, which Cairney doesn't react to yet Cairney's the one getting booked?

Thecat23
30-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Thomson is a ****. Fact!!!!

matty_f
30-11-2013, 10:21 PM
He picked up the ball, walked away with it then dropped it and rolled it away with his foot.
Admittedly Thomson won't miss this chance against us, but that hardly absolves Paul Cairney - the first yellow was deserved I think.

That's rubbish, you see players doing that week in/week out without getting booked. Never a yellow card, the Ross County player should have picked up a yellow though.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 10:23 PM
That St Mirren boy put it perfectly, Cairney takes 3 steps with the ball in his hands before dropping it (which I've seen hundreds of players do) it lets other players get into positron and stops a quick free kick.

He then drops the ball, the County player hauls him back and gives him a push, which Cairney doesn't react to yet Cairney's the one getting booked?

I don't disagree that both should get a yellow card.
The bit in bold, is and always should be, a yellow.

matty_f
30-11-2013, 10:23 PM

:agree: joke of a booking from a bigger joke of a ref.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 10:24 PM
That's rubbish, you see players doing that week in/week out without getting booked. Never a yellow card, the Ross County player should have picked up a yellow though.

Which bit is rubbish? Do you enjoy seeing players do this every week? It is a yellow card offence.
Both players should have been booked.

SaulGoodman
30-11-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't disagree that both should get a yellow card.
The bit in bold, is and always should be, a yellow.

I agree, it should be.

But, again. I've seen hundreds of players do this and never seen them get booked. How funny that it's a Hibs player with that prick as the ref when it finally happens.

Pete
30-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Both incidents are debatable and the correct decision in each instance was probably a neutral one.

To give the harshest punishment on each occasion was ridiculous.

I don't believe Thomson has any pro hearts bias. He just doesn't like us and let's his mask slip on occasions...just enough that it effects us yet doesn't get him flagged up.

It just didn't work this time.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 10:26 PM
I agree, it should be.

But, again. I've seen hundreds of players do this and never seen them get booked. How funny that it's a Hibs player with that prick as the ref when it finally happens.

I have said this and agreed with others already about the personality in question.
It is a booking though.

ehf
30-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Thomson is a ****. Fact!!!!

Extremely well put! I sit just behind the tunnel at ER and remember clearly the look on his face at the end of the game when we beat Dundee Utd last October. He was still hamstrung by his larceny in the Cup Final but did all he could to help Utd under the radar. You could see he was absolutely gutted that we won. Just ignored Skacels antics, too.

Absolute abomination of a man.

matty_f
30-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Which bit is rubbish? Do you enjoy seeing players do this every week? It is a yellow card offence.
Both players should have been booked.

It was a nothing incident until the Ross County player got involved with it. I don't think players should be getting booked for that. If they go overboard with it then it's fair enough to book them but Cairney's done next to nothing there.

Saorsa
30-11-2013, 10:40 PM
It's about time people at ER grew a pair and started turning up the heat on that prick, ****in' cheat.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2013, 10:40 PM
It was a nothing incident until the Ross County player got involved with it. I don't think players should be getting booked for that. If they go overboard with it then it's fair enough to book them but Cairney's done next to nothing there.

I haven't heard Terry Butcher complaining about the first yellow and neither am I.

matty_f
30-11-2013, 10:41 PM
It's about time people at ER grew a pair and started turning up the heat on that prick, ****in' cheat.

:agree: He doesn't even try to hide it.

matty_f
30-11-2013, 10:43 PM
I haven't heard Terry Butcher complaining about the first yellow and neither am I.

He maybe will complain about it when he's had a chance to see it again. I could understand someone thinking it was a booking at the time but I think most rational people would change their mind upon second viewing.

Saorsa
30-11-2013, 10:46 PM
I haven't heard Terry Butcher complaining about the first yellow and neither am I.I maybe wouldnae complain about either it if it happened tae every player and every time it was done but it disnae, it happened with the cheat and our player, perfect opportunity for him tae send him of later. The second decision was absolutely farcical and he had the cards out his pocket before Cairney hit the ground. Not a penalty IMO but never in yer ****in' nelly was it a dive.

Posh Swanny
30-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I have said this and agreed with others already about the personality in question.
It is a booking though.

Thomson only decided to book him after the County player hauled him round the neck though. Until he did that, Thomson was unmoved. That's what annoyed me about the decision.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

matty_f
30-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Thomson only decided to book him after the County player hauled him round the neck though. Until he did that, Thomson was unmoved. That's what annoyed me about the decision.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

By which time Cairney had long since dropped the ball.

Bishop Hibee
30-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Thomson could hardly contain his glee at the second yellow. Utter tube whose attempts to appear 'strong' under the abuse Hibs fans justifiably give him only leads him to make more wrong decisions.

HibeeMG
01-12-2013, 04:03 AM
It is a booking though.

It's not a booking. A competent referee would take the player aside and have a stern word. It's not as if PC had been doing it all game or it was in the final minute.

Unfortunately, CT isn't and never will be a competent referee.

Thecat23
01-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Extremely well put! I sit just behind the tunnel at ER and remember clearly the look on his face at the end of the game when we beat Dundee Utd last October. He was still hamstrung by his larceny in the Cup Final but did all he could to help Utd under the radar. You could see he was absolutely gutted that we won. Just ignored Skacels antics, too.

Absolute abomination of a man.

I sit near you mate, I'm right behind the home dugout. Skacel was out of order walking off that day and I can honestly say I wanted to knock the **** out him. Thomson like you said did nothing!

gorgie greens
01-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Totally agree.

one guy who did this all the time was Alex Ferguson,he would talk to the press before a big game and say that the ref would have to be on top of his game and all the cameras on him blah,blah,but it worked his team never got done over time n time again.

Carheenlea
01-12-2013, 06:39 AM
There was a humorous moment yesterday when Thomson kicked the ball back for a free kick or goal kick, and it looked like he was trying to stick it in the net!

God Petrie
01-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Cheating hearts ****

Eyrie
01-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Both yellows were bad decisions which could only be given by an official who is incompetent and/or biased.

How often do we see players booked for walking away with the ball? It's not even as if Ross County were taking a quick free kick. Thomson then rubbed it in by not booking their player for grabbing Cairney.

And there was plenty of contact with the keeper at the second one. A booking there should only be given when the player is already on their way down before reaching the keeper.

Winston Ingram
01-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Thing is, the SFA taking him off Hibs games would be an admission of bias.

Won't happen even though it's plain to see he's a cheat. He's so brazen about it as well.

If we were on OF side they would. The clamber in the press would be too loud to ignore :agree:

truehibernian
01-12-2013, 09:47 AM
As JB says, Thomson couldn't wait to card Paul and almost had his hand in his pocket before Paul tumbled.

What struck me was the complete inconsistency, a point I think Maybury was making to him after the game. The RC player laid hands on Paul, attempted to turn him round forcibly, yet is allowed to walk away without so much as a verbal warning.......Thomson was carding Paul because (I believe) he was on the end of some nasty wee words from PC.

Then he sends him off for 'simulation' (I presume trying to win a penalty). Clearly there was contact, but clearly Brown took the ball first too. Later on in the game a RC player goes down dramatically in the box after being 'pushed' by Ryan McGivern - he appeals for a penalty and runs towards the ref. Is that not the same ? No card issued from what I saw ?

He is an awful referee, full stop. Even when he over compensated for his final display in the 3-0 Tannadice defeat last season, he gave decisions to Hibs that were so awful if I were a United fan I would have been fuming. But hey, his job was done in May :cb

Calum Murray and Steven McLean are by far and away the best refs in the league. Calm, talk to the players, keep up with play and don't allow themselves to be centre of attention.

Anyway, he who laughs last laughs loudest and all that......get it up ye Thomson :na na::greengrin:aok:

Winston Ingram
01-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Every time I see that I just get angrier.

They were probably going to win that game but the **** made it an absolute certainly with that decision.

The forearm smash on back of LG's heid by Ian Black makes me even angrier:agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Complete and utter farce that Cairney was booked for taking 3 steps with the ball in his hands yet the RC boy grabs him round the neck-right in front of that ****-and he completely ignores it. Fuming. As others have said, the second yellow was out his pocket before Cairney hit the deck! He wanted to send him off.
What are the club going to do about this ****?? We can't just ignore it any longer

lucky
01-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Cairney's first yellow was a bigger disgrace than the second one. Thompson's performances have now gone beyond incompetence, he is just a cheat

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Just watched it on tv and the first booking is a stonewaller, especially considering who the ref was.

The second one is never a booking in my opinion, he's clearly caught by the keeper who also gets a slight touch on the ball.

A penalty maybe, a goal kick maybe, a sending off never.

If you watch Thomson during the incident, he can't wait to get his card out. I think this man is 100% a cheat.

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Craig Thomson, paedophile?

Craig Thomson, cheat?

Craig Thomson, jambo.

h1bs4life
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
1st booking not to sure but if you book Cairney Ross County player should get booked as well. 2nd booking , view we had from behind the goals wasnt sure if penalty / dive etc. Watched the highlights which showed Thomson had the perfect view never a dive or booking the cheating #### couldnt wait to get the card out.

GreenCastle
01-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Terrible ref - add this incident to all the others including several high profile Champions League games he's messed up.

Flanny boy
01-12-2013, 01:38 PM
1st booking not to sure but if you book Cairney Ross County player should get booked as well. 2nd booking , view we had from behind the goals wasnt sure if penalty / dive etc. Watched the highlights which showed Thomson had the perfect view never a dive or booking the cheating #### couldnt wait to get the card out.
Absaloutly spot on IMHO mate

RickyS
01-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Just watched it on tv and the first booking is a stonewaller, especially considering who the ref was.

The second one is never a booking in my opinion, he's clearly caught by the keeper who also gets a slight touch on the ball.

If you watch Thomson during the incident, he can't wait to get his card out. I think this man is 100% a cheat.

agree with all of that 100%, is there not a way we can request not to have him because we believed he was biased?

Sas_The_Hibby
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm not usually one to accuse refs of cheating - it usually appears more a matter of incompetence IMO.

Thomson's a different case and I could believe he has got it in for us. On yesterday's shocking display, the only thing that makes me question that is the fact he didn't give County a penalty when he had the chance, when the County boy went down under a challenge from McGivern.

Could it just be that, like a lot of Scottish referees, he's so full of himself that, having perhaps got a mouthful from Cairney in the first booking incident, he was desperate to teach him a lesson personally? :dunno:

EuanH78
01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Never attribute malice to what can easily be explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice either.

Or something like that. ..

Aldo
01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Again just because he didn't think it was a penalty doesn't mean to say it was a dive.

Keepers momentum taking out player after getting the ball what's the player to do??

Hibs Class
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
After yesterday's Hibs' victory (despite his valiant efforts) and then today's horsing of his boys, it has most definitely not been a Carlsberg weekend for him. #prayforcraig

Iggy Pope
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
just watched it on tv and the first booking is a stonewaller, especially considering who the ref was.

If you watch thomson during the incident, he can't wait to get his card out. I think this man is 100% a cheat.

agree

1st booking not to sure but if you book cairney ross county player should get booked as well. 2nd booking , view we had from behind the goals wasnt sure if penalty / dive etc. Watched the highlights which showed thomson had the perfect view never a dive or booking the cheating #### couldnt wait to get the card out.

agree

Kojock
01-12-2013, 07:14 PM
What annoys me is Hibs players shaking Thomsons hand at the end of the match. Every Hibs player to a man should make it obvious they are ignoring the cheat and refuse the handshake whilst making a point shaking hands with the assistant referees.

Jonnyboy
01-12-2013, 07:16 PM
What annoys me is Hibs players shaking Thomsons hand at the end of the match. Every Hibs player to a man should make it obvious they are ignoring the cheat and refuse the handshake whilst making a point shaking hands with the assistant referees.

Excellent idea.

EuanH78
01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Never attribute malice to what can easily be explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice either.

Or something like that. ..

Eyemouth Hibby
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
/Fantastic Idea - I was incredulous watching this clown yesterday & I was only watching the highlights. An out and out cheating ****bag who definitely has it in for Hibs. I'm surprised so many fans made the trip north when this cheat was announced as the referee. Fair play to them all and even more so for not jumping the advertising boards and lamping the blundering big eared balloon when he sent off Cairney. Would have liked to have seen that though. :wink:

Sir David Gray
01-12-2013, 07:35 PM

I was saying this on my way to the car last night.

No way I would have shaken Thomson's hand at the end.

Carheenlea
01-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I know I`m not alone in looking forward to the next time Thomson takes charge of our game :wink:...

Providing we can win despite him, the haranguing of Thomson and his mental decisions for 90 minutes can be entertaining in it`s own way, and certainly gives an extra zip to the match-day atmosphere!

Billy Whizz
01-12-2013, 07:49 PM
I know I`m not alone in looking forward to the next time Thomson takes charge of our game :wink:...

Providing we can win despite him, the haranguing of Thomson and his mental decisions for 90 minutes can be entertaining in it`s own way, and certainly gives an extra zip to the match-day atmosphere!
Carheenlea, we did this yesterday, gave him pelters for most of the game.

Maybe a couple of bars of "There's only one Craigie Thomson" might have the desired effect.

Nah, don't think I could sing this

renato
01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Just seen the highlights, first yellow was harsh whilst the second one was appalling. As S Thompson says in the after match analysis, "never a dive, never." Another very poor decision from Thomson.

Anyone have their hands on that compilation that was put together, with all the shockers Thomson's had against us over last 5 or so years? Likely Butcher won't know the history but someone should send the link onto him...

God Petrie
01-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Thomson was like a wee bairn who couldn't wait to open his Christmas presents when he had the opportunity to give Cairney a 2nd yellow.

kaimendhibs
01-12-2013, 09:03 PM

Have thought this for ages. Our players should just blank the bawbag

Sent from my iphone

TheFamous1875
01-12-2013, 09:07 PM

End of the highlights last night showed Alan Maybury shaking his hand whilst giving him a less than courteous mouthful. Hibs class!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jonnyboy
01-12-2013, 09:11 PM
End of the highlights last night showed Alan Maybury shaking his hand whilst giving him a less than courteous mouthful. Hibs class!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Would have been better warmly shaking him by the throat

The_Sauz
02-12-2013, 02:23 AM
After looking at the highlights a few time! CT was not going to book PC until he knocked the guys hand away (also it was never a foul in the first place)
As to PC 2nd booking, there was more contact in that indecent, than there was in the two other penalty claims, yet he only booked PC :confused: (watch RM telling CT what he thinks of him after he sent off PC :greengrin)

02-12-2013, 08:40 AM
This utter utter joke of a referee and an embarrassment to scottish football, he doesn't even make his dislike for us subtle anymore, he just blatantly cheats and shafts us at every opportunity! he couldn't ****ing wait to send a hibs man off, must have really been sticking in this throat that we were winning. Now I am not and never have been one of those parnoid supporters who, after a few bad decisions thinks the whole world is conspiring against us blah blah blah but every man and his dog can see just how awful this clown is against us.

Absolute joke and should never be anywhere near a hibs game as he is too unprofessional to keep his jambo affections out of his job.

**** off Thompson, a shambles and an embarrassment just like your club!

Geo_1875
02-12-2013, 08:55 AM
He is a blatant cheat who will happily give Hibs decisions in the middle of the park. However, just watch the amount of ridiculous decisions he gives against Hibs around either penalty area. He will give numerous free kicks against us in very dangerous positions while allowing opponents to kick, push and trip anybody in green. He will also give us dubious decisions when we're 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go, unless we're playing them.

JimBHibees
02-12-2013, 09:03 AM
I sit near you mate, I'm right behind the home dugout. Skacel was out of order walking off that day and I can honestly say I wanted to knock the **** out him. Thomson like you said did nothing!

Yeo compare and contrast with how Cairney was treated on Saturday. He let Skacel away with murder that game and again showed his bias IMO.

Boyle89
02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
It's not just us though. He makes abysmal decisions in almost every game he is in charge of!! Several in the champions league and international games. How he is paraded as, one of, if not the top ref in Scotland is a sick joke!!
Funny how his decisions against us are always game changers.... Utter cock!

mutley
02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
On a plus point, for all his hard work CT must be spewing that we still won

Greenblood70
02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Thomson was like a wee bairn who couldn't wait to open his Christmas presents when he had the opportunity to give Cairney a 2nd yellow.

That's a pretty accurate description, he couldn't wait to get the second yellow out of his pocket and gave himself no time for any deliberation. If I was a more cynical man I'd say he'd almost made up his mind what he was going to do prior to the contact with the goalkeeper.

He's the only person who thought it was worthy of a second yellow, not one pundit or report I've read have agreed with the decision. It's one of many horrendous decisions by this cheat and he needs reported by the club. We need to get tougher in all respects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

TRC
02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
i know hibs have complained in the past through the right channels but why has he still got a job as a ref. what is his profession out of football?

Billy Whizz
02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
i know hibs have complained in the past through the right channels but why has he still got a job as a ref. what is his profession out of football?

Works for Hearts

Sir David Gray
02-12-2013, 07:26 PM

He's a solicitor.

TRC
02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
He's a solicitor.

i wonder if he's had run ins with with Petrie in his line of work and this is were his hatred of hibs comes from. probably cause petries made him look like the idiot he is!
anyone else notice his wee grin when he sent cairney off,

Jonnyboy
02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
He's a solicitor.

Where does he solicit? :wink:

HibbyAndy
02-12-2013, 08:27 PM
He's a solicitor.

Ye ken thats an anagram of "clitoris" ?...Caus thats what he is a FANNY

Jonnyboy
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Ye ken thats an anagram of "clitoris" ?...Cauae thats what he is a fanny

SteveHFC
02-12-2013, 08:29 PM

I sit near you sadly :greengrin

Leithenhibby
02-12-2013, 08:33 PM

:top marks :greengrin

Fergus52
02-12-2013, 08:35 PM

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_903_149.html

I double checked on this and you're right, my memory must have exaggerated slightly.

However, I still feel that he is biased and not just incompetent.

I remember the dunfermline semi-final replay when we had a blatant penalty denied, only for them to get a really soft one minutes later, putting us out the cup.

Fergus52
02-12-2013, 08:36 PM
He's a solicitor.

Not anymore.

But when he was, his boss was none other than our old director, Amanda Jones.

Fergus52
02-12-2013, 08:38 PM

:agree:.

I always think he gets it far too soft from us.

A banner or something for the next time he refs us would be great.

VivaHiberņa
02-12-2013, 09:16 PM

:agree: St Johnstone midweek last season before the Hertz cup game; us winning 1-0, Big Ben's saved another penalty, a couple of minutes left, CT standing yards from several hundred happy Hibees chanting "You Hertz b******" at the top of their lungs. Glorious.

(Funny enough, it was PC that scored in that game.)

On a plus point, for all his hard work CT must be spewing that we still won

:giruy: :greengrin

Sir David Gray
02-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Even although that's not quite correct, that's brilliant!

Crossgates Hibs
02-12-2013, 10:01 PM
The forearm smash on back of LG's heid by Ian Black makes me even angrier:agree:

Agreed a straight red if ever there was one and not even a booking. He was then allowed to foul at will whilst not receiving anything getting in a rage just thinking about it. The penalty and sending off was just to make sure we couldn't make a game of it.:furious: