29-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Has left Ross County to return to NI for personal & family reasons

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Best of luck wee man. A Hibby legend :agree:

HibbyAndy
29-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Shame it looks like his last game was that horror tackle.

Awra best Ivan.Hibs legend :aok:

The Sea-gull
29-11-2013, 04:46 PM
It all started very well for him up there and sure I read an interview with him stating how much he and his family was enjoying it. Things can change quickly though and there may be a good reason related to him or his wife's family as to why he wants to go back to NI.

I won't be the only one wondering if it has anything to do with his recent red card on the back of disciplinary problems earlier in the season. Get the impression Derek Adams isn't the easiest to get on with and could be a grudge holder where once you fall out with him that is it. You stay fallen out. Ivan is no shrinking violet either!

Anyway, who knows why. None of my business. What I do know is Ivan seems like a gent and a good hibby to boot.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Pretty sure Adams said Ivan was a total dedicated pro to work with when they were both at Easter rd.

The Sea-gull
29-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Pretty sure Adams said Ivan was a total dedicated pro to work with when they were both at Easter rd.

Were they at ER together?

Adams left in May 2011 IIRC and Sproule would not have started training with Hibs until June 2011.

Persevere80
29-11-2013, 05:05 PM
One of the most exciting players I got to watch at hibs, electric pace and bums of there seats. Shame about the final ball sometimes but not afraid to take on his man and gave us some memorable goals. Hibs hero. Got to speak to him a few times after games. Great guy. All the best Ivan.......

Stax
29-11-2013, 05:07 PM
All the best to him, some of my best memories in recent times due to the wee fella.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-11-2013, 05:09 PM
He is a big enough name now to pick up a place in one of the better sides in the NI league surely?

O'Rourke3
29-11-2013, 05:23 PM

Adams left in May 2011 IIRC and Sproule would not have started training with Hibs until June 2011.

Pretty sure they were Ivan had a season and a half before leaving ans Adams picked him up in the Jan transfer his first season back.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2013, 05:28 PM

Defo both at ER same time.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-11-2013, 05:30 PM
All the best wee man

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-11-2013, 05:36 PM
All the best Ivan, Hibs legend!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

He's here, he's there, he's everyf******where:wink:

NOLA
29-11-2013, 05:46 PM
5 grand well spent by mowbray, absolute bargain. I might watch the 3-0 ibrox dvd :)

Seveno
29-11-2013, 05:48 PM
I hope all goes well for Ivan. One of my favourite all time Hibs players.

TheFamous1875
29-11-2013, 05:51 PM
5 grand well spent by mowbray, absolute bargain. I might watch the 3-0 ibrox dvd :)

Nae chance of a cheeky upload, naw? :wink:

Great wee player! Wasn't the best, but a persistent and effective attacking threat. Modern Hibee hero!

GGTTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CraigHibee
29-11-2013, 05:52 PM
best of luck to ivan, it didn't quite work out the 2nd time around but it won't tarnish the great memories of him pumping 3 past the huns that day

Sir David Gray
29-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Love the guy to bits.

Wish him well with whatever he chooses to do in the future.

Welcome back at Easter Road any time.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan the last player to get folks off their seats on a regular basis.

He took our club to his heart and we took him into ours. He got Hibs.

Legend? History will decide but that game at Ibrox was stuff of legends.

Hell be telling his grandchildren a it that one.

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Great player, terrific human being. Wish him nothing but all the best. Yes, a true Hibernian legend.

Pete
29-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Rudi skacel can brag all he wants but one thing will never change.

He shat it from Ivan!

Legend.

Beefster
29-11-2013, 06:57 PM

You're right. They might have met when Sproule was in discussions about a contract but Ivan wasn't a Hibs player second time around until Adams has left.

3pm
29-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Had a house in NI for a while now. Bought it with a view to moving back once he had finished.

Stantons Angel
29-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Sorry to hear that Ivan has left for home on personal and family reasons.

Just want to wish him the best of luck in whatever way he chooses to go.

He was an absolute gem of a guy and took Hibs to his heart and never forgot us.

Im sure he will find a club in the Northern Irish League or even down in Southern Ireland. Having watched a few of this leagues games

he will stand out like a sore thumb believe me!

Thanks for the memories Ivan and keep us Hibbies close to your heart.

Bronson
29-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Hope it works out for him wherever he goes, one of my favourite ever hibs players. Will never forget the great memories he gave us, especially that hat trick at Castle Greyskull:greengrin

Plus he *****ing hates the hearts:aok:

All the best Ivan.

hibsbollah
29-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Had a house in NI for a while now. Bought it with a view to moving back once he had finished.

You bought a house in Ireland just because Ivan might move back there one day? :shocked:

Now that's a fan:clapper:

147lothian
29-11-2013, 08:07 PM
It was a mistake to let him go, capable of driving the team forward, well done to Mowbray for bringing him over, thanks for the memories Ivan

Jonnyboy
29-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Good luck for the future Ivan and thanks for the memories :thumbsup:

kaimendhibs
29-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Wishing Ivan all the best. An absolute gent and hibs legend

Sent from my iphone

3pm
You bought a house in Ireland just because Ivan might move back there one day? :shocked:

Now that's a fan:clapper:

It'll make the 'just back' thread a bit more interesting!

RIP Bestie
Hope everything is alright for the wee man. Never the best player but gave us some good times and memories. Legendary status after Ibrox. Good luck Ivan

Ronniekirk
29-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Great player, terrific human being. Wish him nothing but all the best. Yes, a true Hibernian legend.
Yes that iconic photo of him being lifted up In the air at ibrox with his arms outstretched In the hat trick game will live with me forever. He was also a legend for his u tube dance after we won the cup

maturehibby
29-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Bring him back for the rest of the season - we need an impact player to come off the bench - non there just now and mind Beckham played till he was 38 and Giggs still going strong at 40 - Come on Terry you know it makes sense

Bostonhibby
29-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan the last player to get folks off their seats on a regular basis.

He took our club to his heart and we took him into ours. He got Hibs.

Legend? History will decide but that game at Ibrox was stuff of legends.

Hell be telling his grandchildren a it that one.

This, a member of the family who seen the right path.

givescotlandfreedom
30-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Bring him back for the rest of the season - we need an impact player to come off the bench - non there just now and mind Beckham played till he was 38 and Giggs still going strong at 40 - Come on Terry you know it makes sense

Great idea a bit of pace is what we're crying out for and he still has that.

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Ivan was a prime example of how attitude and effort can overcome limited ability ... that and a fantastic turn of pace.

Always a Hibs legend for me. Like big Franck a player who had no ties to Hibs but took the club to his heart. He will always be welcome back at ER and thats not something you can say about every player we have had.

All the very best to him.

kaimendhibs
30-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Would love to see him back too, brilliant attitude and loves hibs. Pace to burn when played in correct position

Sent from my iphone

Ronniekirk
30-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Would love to see him back too, brilliant attitude and loves hibs. Pace to burn when played in correct position

Sent from my iphone
Terry won't go for sympathy and ex player Think we will move on from that Rod Petrie mentality Wonder why K T. Isn't even on Bench

snooky
01-12-2013, 12:09 PM
One of the few players in the last decade that created any real excitement at ER, IMO.
Forever a favourite of mine.

BoltonHibee
02-12-2013, 12:57 AM
5K, what an investment!! Hat trick against the Rangers at Ibrox, he should never have to pay for another drink around Leith.

Good luck wee man

hihohibby
02-12-2013, 08:27 AM
A wee legend in my eyes. There was a real buzz when he got his head down and made his unpredictable but exciting way up that bye line. Good luck and thank you again, Ivan. You will always be welcome at Easter Road and any pub along the way.:cheers: