View Full Version : Announcement In Colours Green and White

28-11-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm delighted to announce that the second book in my trilogy, In Colours Green and White is on it's way to my publisher's distributors and will very soon be available to buy.

The years from 1967 to 1990 are covered and so famous European victories and a certain New Year Derby feature large.

I've included a link to Amazon although they haven't officially released it for sale yet but it gives some detail of content etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colours-Green-White-Post-war-History/dp/1841589969/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385672231&sr=1-1&keywords=john+campbell+in+colours+green+and+white

Of the three books this was my personal favourite to write as it brings back so many wonderful memories of growing up a Hibee.

Will make a cracking Christmas gift :wink:

28-11-2013, 08:11 PM
:aok: Excellent. Good work sir, I'll be dropping a few hints to ensure this is in my christmas stocking. There is however still that glaring gap on the outside left of my bookcase next to the smith, johnstone, reilly and turnbull bios... :greengrin

28-11-2013, 08:15 PM
:aok: Excellent. Good work sir, I'll be dropping a few hints to ensure this is in my christmas stocking. There is however still that glaring gap on the outside left of my bookcase next to the smith, johnstone, reilly and turnbull bios... :greengrin

Hmmmmmmmm, who could you possibly mean? :greengrin

oregonhibby
28-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Great Sir. I know it will be good. Order for a few for me and my pals

28-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Great Sir. I know it will be good. Order for a few for me and my pals

Cheers S. :thumbsup:

28-11-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm delighted to announce that the second book in my trilogy, In Colours Green and White is on it's way to my publisher's distributors and will very soon be available to buy.

The years from 1967 to 1990 are covered and so famous European victories and a certain New Year Derby feature large.

I've included a link to Amazon although they haven't officially released it for sale yet but it gives some detail of content etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colours-Green-White-Post-war-History/dp/1841589969/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385672231&sr=1-1&keywords=john+campbell+in+colours+green+and+white

Of the three books this was my personal favourite to write as it brings back so many wonderful memories of growing up a Hibee.

Love the front cover Black and White but hibs tops picked out in Turnbulls Tornadoes Green the era I got hooked on hibs, 320 pages of must reading for all Hibees out there,

28-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Good stuff.

Been looking forward to this.

weststandhibby
28-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Looking forward to this book. Kindle version at same time?

28-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Looking forward to this book. Kindle version at same time?

Not sure mate, sorry. First book only hit Kindle after loads of requests to Amazon to do it :greengrin

hibbymick
28-11-2013, 08:56 PM
good stuff:top marks

Is there any mention of the great floods in 86 ?

28-11-2013, 08:58 PM
good stuff:top marks

Is there any mention of the great floods in 86 ?

:greengrin I may have alluded to it, yes :greengrin

28-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Just reading the first one now Jonny will be putting this one on my xmas list. Good luck with it.

hibbymick
28-11-2013, 09:04 PM
:greengrin I may have alluded to it, yes :greengrin

28-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Just reading the first one now Jonny will be putting this one on my xmas list. Good luck with it.

Thank you :aok:

28-11-2013, 09:09 PM

Well done JC. Great news!!

PS I'll get mine when the initial rush dies down :wink:

28-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Well done JC. Great news!!

PS I'll get mine when the initial rush dies down :wink:

Next week then? :faf:

hibbymick
28-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Heres a wee question you might be able to answer Jonnyboy. Did John Salton ever play a senior game for Hibs ? I cant find it on record but my mate dug oot an old programme and he was marked in as the no 2. I personally dont think he ever played for Hibs.

28-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Heres a wee question you might be able to answer Jonnyboy. Did John Salton ever play a senior game for Hibs ? I cant find it on record but my mate dug oot an old programme and he was marked in as the no 2. I personally dont think he ever played for Hibs.

To the best of my knowledge he never played a first team competitive game Mick

28-11-2013, 09:24 PM

Correct according to this http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_list_az.php?page=S

I'm sure I saw him play...must have been a reserve game.

Looking forward to the book :aok:

28-11-2013, 09:29 PM

What is the name of the first book, would like to read that before the latest one.

28-11-2013, 09:32 PM
What is the name of the first book, would like to read that before the latest one.

At Easter Road They Play

Covers 1946 - 1966

Details here http://www.amazon.co.uk/At-Easter-Road-They-Play/dp/1841589896/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385677904&sr=1-1&keywords=at+easter+road+they+play

hibbymick
28-11-2013, 09:32 PM

My mate was adamant he had seen him play for hibs. I kept saying to him i dont think so. Then someone in the Winton arms gave him some old programmes one day and as we were having a quick glance through them, thats when we noticed John Saltons name doon as No2. He must have been close to getting a start in that game. I think he went on to be a bit of a hero at Dunfermline.

28-11-2013, 09:33 PM
My mate was adamant he had seen him play for hibs. I kept saying to him i dont think so. Then someone in the Winton arms gave him some old programmes one day and as we were having a quick glance through them, thats when we noticed John Saltons name doon as No2. He must have been close to getting a start in that game. I think he went on to be a bit of a hero at Dunfermline.

Yep, did well for the Pars IIRC :agree:

Would be interested to know the game that programme covers

hibbymick
28-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Yep, did well for the Pars IIRC :agree:

Would be interested to know the game that programme covers

I will find out and let you know. :aok:

28-11-2013, 09:41 PM
I will find out and let you know. :aok:

Cheers buddy :thumbsup:

28-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Nice one.

Couple of question. Do you know when its available to buy?

Also he blurb on amazon and your opening post say from 1967- 1990 but the cover of the book says 1967-1986 Which is it?

And, is there going to be a paperback version and if so when will it be out?

Cheers and good luck with the book.

28-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Nice one.

Couple of question. Do you know when its available to buy?

Also he blurb on amazon and your opening post say from 1967- 1990 but the cover of the book says 1967-1986 Which is it?

And, is there going to be a paperback version and if so when will it be out?

Cheers and good luck with the book.

Oops :blushie: It's 1967 - 1986. Sorry about that :greengrin

Book with distributors I'm told so should become available within the next few working days

I've had no indication that a paperback version is planned

28-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I don`t know about other clubs, but the sheer quantity of Hibernian themed literature is actually pretty remarkable I think, and I`m sure I`m not the only one whose book shelves are starting to sag with the many fine volumes about the club and individual players biography's!
This one in particular should be a real cracker, and one with the years covered that the majority of us on here can really relate to. Will look forward to adding this one to the collection :agree:

28-11-2013, 10:15 PM
I don`t know about other clubs, but the sheer quantity of Hibernian themed literature is actually pretty remarkable I think, and I`m sure I`m not the only one whose book shelves are starting to sag with the many fine volumes about the club and individual players biography's!
This one in particular should be a real cracker, and one with the years covered that the majority of us on here can really relate to. Will look forward to adding this one to the collection :agree:

It's fantastic having so many Hibs related books, I agree. For years there were only a few.

Agree about the period covered :aok:

28-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Oops :blushie: It's 1967 - 1986. Sorry about that :greengrin

Book with distributors I'm told so should become available within the next few working days

I've had no indication that a paperback version is planned

Good stuff. I do hope a certain 1st game in Scotland for our new manager is included. Even it is the start of the '86 season.
On my list to Santa.

28-11-2013, 10:35 PM
At Easter Road They Play

Covers 1946 - 1966

Details here http://www.amazon.co.uk/At-Easter-Road-They-Play/dp/1841589896/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385677904&sr=1-1&keywords=at+easter+road+they+play

Cheers

stu in nottingham
28-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Good luck with your new release, John - great news.

Some great days in that era to report!

Sherlock Jones
28-11-2013, 11:08 PM
My mate was adamant he had seen him play for hibs. I kept saying to him i dont think so. Then someone in the Winton arms gave him some old programmes one day and as we were having a quick glance through them, that's when we noticed John Saltons name doon as No2. He must have been close to getting a start in that game. I think he went on to be a bit of a hero at Dunfermline.

Salton is printed as right-back in the programme for a league match v Partick Thistle on Tuesday, March 13th, 1973.

However, according to Fitbastats, Billy McEwan played at right-back that day.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=48303

Purple & Green
29-11-2013, 08:24 AM

I can't see that he played a competitive game, signed from Nitten Star in August 1972 leaving in May 1974 for Queen of the South - he may have a record page on neil brown's site.

Purple & Green
29-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Salton is printed as right-back in the programme for a league match v Partick Thistle on Tuesday, March 13th, 1973.

However, according to Fitbastats, Billy McEwan played at right-back that day.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=48303

Anyway... good luck with the book John. I look forward to reading it :greengrin

Herald says so too:

29-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Congrats JB. Must be some sense of achievement to get something like this completed and see the end result. Hopefully, lots of Hibees either buy it or find it in their Christmas stocking.

hibbymick
29-11-2013, 07:26 PM
:aok: well done guys. I was sure he never played a full game for us. But when someone is adamant they have seen him play a first team game then a programme appears with his name in it:confused: ................................... anyway, i won ma bet :greengrin

29-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Good stuff. I do hope a certain 1st game in Scotland for our new manager is included. Even it is the start of the '86 season.
On my list to Santa.

Just too late Mick. Book two ends at 85/86 and book three, including that game, covers from 86/87

29-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Good luck with your new release, John - great news.

Some great days in that era to report!

Thanks Stu. Sounds like a cliche I know but I hope folk enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

30-11-2013, 06:53 PM
:aok: well done guys. I was sure he never played a full game for us. But when someone is adamant they have seen him play a first team game then a programme appears with his name in it:confused: ................................... anyway, i won ma bet :greengrin

Nice one Mick :thumbsup:

30-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Fantastic news J.

:aok::aok:

30-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Fantastic news J.

:aok::aok:

Thanks C. I know you've been patiently waiting :greengrin

03-12-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm delighted to say I received my copies of the book today and am told it is now available on Amazon etc

My copies are not hardback, but softback if that makes sense. The book, 350 pages, has an RRP of £25 but I'm sure most online outlets will offer discounts.

Cheesing :greengrin

03-12-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm delighted to say I received my copies of the book today and am told it is now available on Amazon etc

My copies are not hardback, but softback if that makes sense. The book, 350 pages, has an RRP of £25 but I'm sure most online outlets will offer discounts.

Cheesing :greengrin:thumbsup: