Billy
27-11-2013, 05:47 PM
2-0 Cumnings

Greendub
27-11-2013, 06:34 PM
3-0 Cummings overhead kick

TheFamous1875
27-11-2013, 06:35 PM
How're the first team players doing? Glad to see Caldwell and Cummings on the scoresheet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheFamous1875
27-11-2013, 06:35 PM
3-0 Cummings overhead kick

Whaaaaat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heisenberg
27-11-2013, 06:42 PM
4-0. Cummings hattrick.

CapitalHibs
27-11-2013, 06:44 PM
4-0. Cummings hattrick.

I'd have this laddie on the bench Saturday...nae bother!

patch1875
27-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Thought Clancy was supposed to be starting one of these games?

oconnors_strip
27-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Full time 4-0 hibs

brog
27-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Excellent! Is that Cummings up to about 24 goals? Good to see the boys bounce back & to see Nelson back.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Was Cummings injured for the Craigroyston game?

Ronniekirk
27-11-2013, 07:29 PM
I'd have this laddie on the bench Saturday...nae bother!
With only 5 on bench he may not get on it Kurtis Byrne looked capable of making step up but didn't but with goals ratio agree we could give him some game time as squad gains confidence and gets results We need to reintroduce Harris when fit but we became totally reliant against Malmo of trying to pick him out and he didn't have experience to cope Blame Pat for that but we need to not burn young players out just because they they are doing well at under 20 level Having said that I remember a teenage Jimmy Orourke scoring for fun even in Europe

Aldo
27-11-2013, 07:30 PM
As the only Striker/CF at the club scoring on a regular basis I am sure Terry and the gang will be well aware if his talents.

IIRC we only have 5 subs in the Scottish cup (bloody stupid) so even more competition for places.

NorthNorfolkHFC
Thought Clancy was supposed to be starting one of these games?

I just want rid of him, don't think he'll ever play again for Hibs.

Aldo
I just want rid of him, don't think he'll ever play again for Hibs.

Think it's fair both his and McPakes time at the club is fast running out. Shame really

cat1875
27-11-2013, 07:37 PM
GOD it a no brainer cummings hat trick again !!! Caldwell 1 goal tonight 24 goals for cummings in the u20s which is our reserve team our first team has not had a bloody shot on target get him in FFs

surely you all agree ???

CapitalHibs
27-11-2013, 07:40 PM
With only 5 on bench he may not get on it Kurtis Byrne looked capable of making step up but didn't but with goals ratio agree we could give him some game time as squad gains confidence and gets results We need to reintroduce Harris when fit but we became totally reliant against Malmo of trying to pick him out and he didn't have experience to cope Blame Pat for that but we need to not burn young players out just because they they are doing well at under 20 level Having said that I remember a teenage Jimmy Orourke scoring for fun even in Europe

Aye Jimmy made his first team debut against Utrecht at 16 years old..

oconnors_strip
27-11-2013, 08:14 PM
GOD it a no brainer cummings hat trick again !!! Caldwell 1 goal tonight 24 goals for cummings in the u20s which is our reserve team our first team has not had a bloody shot on target get him in FFs

surely you all agree ???

Not all of Jason's goals have been scored in the under 20s league, some are east of scotland league

oconnors_strip
27-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Was Cummings injured for the Craigroyston game?

The 1-1 game at east mains last month Jason came off the bench

bingo70
27-11-2013, 08:18 PM

surely you all agree ???

I wouldn't put it as bluntly as you but yes I think he's worth a try, saying that I'm sure Collins would score loads at that level too.

cat1875
27-11-2013, 08:20 PM
like I say I'm i stupid or does this boy not deserve a chance doesn't matter where he's scoring eos or proved tonight u20s against a good Hamilton team

get him in !!!!!!

cat1875
27-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't put it as bluntly as you but yes I think he's worth a try, saying that I'm sure Collins would score loads at that level too.

Collins is an old head can't play at cummings level too old 200k but I've heard 90k Jason cummings has just turned 18 scoring for fun signed from hutchie vale ??

I don't think Collins would have got a hat trick tonight do you honestly Think that ? really don't think so ? move over and give youth a chance our strikers can't hit a barn door at any level let's be honest ???? hat trick tonight and 24 goals give the boy a chance what have we got too lose no shots on target from our best so called strikers anyway ???!!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
27-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Dunno about Jason specifically (and only one match) but our strikers were bullied by Craigroyston and got little change out of them so it's not all plain sailing. If TB says he play then he play.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Collins is an old head can't play at cummings level too old 200k but I've heard 90k Jason cummings has just turned 18 scoring for fun signed from hutchie vale ??

I don't think Collins would have got a hat trick tonight do you honestly Think that ? really don't think so ? move over and give youth a chance our strikers can't hit a barn door at any level let's be honest ???? hat trick tonight and 24 goals give the boy a chance what have we got too lose no shots on target from our best so called strikers anyway ???!!!!

Forget about the price tag we just wanna make the world dance.

Shine on.

Vault Boy
27-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Whilst I agree that Cummings should get his chance (I'm sure that he will), a player who scored a hat trick against Stoke could do the same against the Hamilton under 20s. Not taking anything away from Jason however, his record is incredible this season. (Not saying that if Collins had played instead of Cummings he would definitely have got a hat trick, but he would have the ability to).

Broken Gnome
27-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Was this the same Jason Cummings who came on a few weeks back and currently holds an SPL record for fouls per minute played?

Greendub
27-11-2013, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUPw38HkB8A&feature=youtu.be

Jason's overhead kick

cat1875
27-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Was this the same Jason Cummings who came on a few weeks back and currently holds an SPL record for fouls per minute played?

jeez lets slate an 18 year old that made his debut in pats/Jimmy's team getting beat 2-0 at the time and a team playing terrible

get a life FFs bring the boy down maybe trying too hard to make an impression
so he's not worth a chance then typical doom and gloom on here or a yam obviously sticking his nose in ???

Hibby Bairn
27-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Ironic that one of "our" best up and coming talents developed his football skills on public parks in Edinburgh until about 5 months ago. Hardly a trace of the Hibs youth system and east mains in him. Same goes for Leigh Griffiths.

Thecat23
27-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Cracking goal,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=SUPw38HkB8A&desktop_uri=/watch?v=SUPw38HkB8A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TomoHFC
27-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Give him a start on Saturday

Jonnyboy
27-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Cracking goal,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=SUPw38HkB8A&desktop_uri=/watch?v=SUPw38HkB8A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4 Hibs players in the box was almost as exciting as the goal!

Broken Gnome
27-11-2013, 10:03 PM
jeez lets slate an 18 year old that made his debut in pats/Jimmy's team getting beat 2-0 at the time and a team playing terrible

so he's not worth a chance then typical doom and gloom on here or a yam obviously sticking his nose in ???

That's the first time I've been called that on here. Glory be.

Point is that he's maybe fine where he is for now and maybe showed himself to be a little raw for the first team?

Leishy1995
28-11-2013, 02:17 AM
After January if he is still scoring he will be in the first team.

bigwheel
28-11-2013, 04:33 AM

Point is that he's maybe fine where he is for now and maybe showed himself to be a little raw for the first team?

why not make that point then, rather than a spectacularly unsupportive post for one of our up and coming talents....

blackpoolhibs
28-11-2013, 06:09 AM
I first started watching Hibs in the middle to late 60s, although i dont remember much about my first few years, my first memories are of Peter Marinello and Peter Cormack, Pat Stanton and Jimmy O'Rourke.

All players who were introduced to the 1st team at an early age, and all became terrific players who served us well.

I say if you are good enough then you are old enough, and nobody likes a home grown player coming through into the team more than me.

Although they do have to be good enough, i'd rather see someone like Cummings get a chance than the likes of Vine, or any other average Joe we seem to pin our hopes on.

I dont know if this lad will make it at Hibs, but he's in form and must be very confident. I hope he gets a chance and continues to improve at the club, and becomes another hero for the cabbage.

Carheenlea
28-11-2013, 06:11 AM
I would doubt very much that Cummings would be thrown straight into a Scottish Cup tie at a notoriously difficult venue for us. Not saying that the first team strikers are going to dig us that hole either mind! Just think it might be too much of a gamble for this weekend, but the manager will no doubt be pleased to have a young striker in such form on the books.

southsider
28-11-2013, 07:38 AM
If your good enough then you are old enough. A 17 year old Joe Baker scored a hat-trick againt Spurs in only his 3rd ever first team game for Hibs. Up against England centre-half, Billy Wright to boot. Sadly for us there will never be another one like Joe. Full England cap a yeat later after Wright came back raving about him. GGTTH

Hibby Bairn
28-11-2013, 07:43 AM
I would doubt very much that Cummings would be thrown straight into a Scottish Cup tie at a notoriously difficult venue for us. Not saying that the first team strikers are going to dig us that hole either mind! Just think it might be too much of a gamble for this weekend, but the manager will no doubt be pleased to have a young striker in such form on the books.

I honestly can't think of anyone I would rather have starting than Cummings as our main striker. Much more likely to grab a goal and would give us more energy. Handling in behind or up beside. Support them both with a strong and supportive midfield. Give them a run of games.

24 goals in 4 months at U20/EoS is a great return. Leaving him in there and he will probably be close to 50 by the year end. Time for a step up to develop.

It is Ross County FFS.

Andy74
28-11-2013, 08:13 AM

Fine for you to slate Collins though aye?

Broken Gnome
28-11-2013, 08:19 AM
why not make that point then, rather than a spectacularly unsupportive post for one of our up and coming talents....

Because it's just as extreme for him to be widely lauded as a Scottish Cup matchwinner already. Plus James Collins is 22. You weren't exactly too complimentary about him, no?

Ok, point is he has featured for the first team, and looked like he could do with a fair bit longer as a bit part player who will get a few minutes here or there. Caldwell, Handling and Collins come first, and its more important to get them performing.

Lastly, Kurtis Byrne Kurtis Byrne Kurtis Byrne.

Brightside
28-11-2013, 08:29 AM
4 Hibs players in the box was almost as exciting as the goal!

Just the cross was enough to make me pop!

Brightside
28-11-2013, 08:31 AM

How come our kids are raw or not ready for our team but the likes of Dundee Utd are happy to go with theirs? Personally i thought he had a decent debut in the first team, but was probably guilty of just trying too hard. No doubt he'll be in the squad for future games.

Broken Gnome
28-11-2013, 08:36 AM
How come our kids are raw or not ready for our team but the likes of Dundee Utd are happy to go with theirs? Personally i thought he had a decent debut in the first team, but was probably guilty of just trying too hard. No doubt he'll be in the squad for future games.

Different integrations to be fair. United have been knitted together quite well and all fit the system they're told to play and it suits them. This thread is very much of a 'throw him in can't be any worse' nature. Cummings would suffer the same problems all our other strikers have had. Best waiting til we Butcher actually has us settled and playing in an identifiable manner rather than the... well, whatever the hell Hibs have been trying to do recently.

Golden Bear
28-11-2013, 08:51 AM
The scrapping of the Reserve League was a retrograde step as the standard of football was an ideal link between youth football and the first team squad. I have attended more than a few East of Scotland games this season and there is a huge gulf in the standards of skill and fitness between your typical amateur EoS team and the professional game .

Having said that, you would hope that when a youngster does get his chance, he'll be asked to play in the same position and same role that he has been accustomed to. As some have pointed out, other Clubs can successfully bring young players through to the first team with an apparent seamless transition so there's no reason why we can't follow.

SMAXXA
28-11-2013, 09:01 AM
I think I posted last week that TB and MM are very impressed with Jason and big fans of him, that's before last nights game so he hasn't done any harm on that front.

MB62
28-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Collins is an old head can't play at cummings level too old
I don't think Collins would have got a hat trick tonight do you honestly Think that ? really don't think so ? move over and give youth a chance !

Why can't Collins not play in the U20's when Nelson played last night? Maybe this is what the lad needs himself, drop down a level and hopefully get him scoring goals, it could then maybe become a good habit.

At 22, Collins is not exactly an 'auld heid'.

Good to hear we have a young striker banging the goals in at that level though, hopefully one for the not too distant future.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-11-2013, 09:54 AM
I honestly can't think of anyone I would rather have starting than Cummings as our main striker. Much more likely to grab a goal and would give us more energy. Handling in behind or up beside. Support them both with a strong and supportive midfield. Give them a run of games.

24 goals in 4 months at U20/EoS is a great return. Leaving him in there and he will probably be close to 50 by the year end. Time for a step up to develop.

It is Ross County FFS.

The thinking that has lead to many a Hibs managers downfall esp in the cups.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-11-2013, 09:58 AM
The scrapping of the Reserve League was a retrograde step as the standard of football was an ideal link between youth football and the first team squad. I have attended more than a few East of Scotland games this season and there is a huge gulf in the standards of skill and fitness between your typical amateur EoS team and the professional game .

Having said that, you would hope that when a youngster does get his chance, he'll be asked to play in the same position and same role that he has been accustomed to. As some have pointed out, other Clubs can successfully bring young players through to the first team with an apparent seamless transition so there's no reason why we can't follow.

Was this combined, with managerial revolving door not the real reason behind Hibs conveyer belt stuttering? Was it not the OF that lobbied for it's scrapping ? Who benefited from that one...

big-mo
28-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Just to clarify Jason's 24 goals, 5 were in pre-season friendlies, 2 in the Youth cup, 3 in the pre-season Foyle Cup, 6 in the East of Scotland League and the other 8 in the under 20's.

Rossco could also also have had a hat-trick last night.

The Youth squad have scored 121 goals this season in 41 games.
Last night's game was the best the the kids have played in quite a few weeks, having said that, in the first 20 minutes they could have been two or three down.
The only player in last night's team that did not shine was Abdellah Zoubir. The outstanding player in the team was Sam Stanton and if anyone should get a starting place in Dingwall, it should be Sammy.

Breakdown of scorers in youth squad.
Cummings 24 (19 competitive)
Max Todd 12 (10)
Cody Mulhall 10 (6) unfortunately out for the rest of the season.
Garath McCaffrey 9 (9) also four goals for the under 17s
Euan Smith, Jamie Beaton, Jay Doyle, David Paul all on 7

mim
28-11-2013, 01:18 PM
If your good enough then you are old enough. A 17 year old Joe Baker scored a hat-trick againt Spurs in only his 3rd ever first team game for Hibs. Up against England centre-half, Billy Wright to boot. Sadly for us there will never be another one like Joe. Full England cap a yeat later after Wright came back raving about him. GGTTH

Not Spurs. It was Wolves. Wright never forgot and signed Joe from Torino when he was Arsenal manager.

CapitalHibs
28-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Not Spurs. It was Wolves. Wright never forgot and signed Joe from Torino when he was Arsenal manager.

Unless Wolves played in white jeseys and navy blue shorts it was Spurs we beat 5-2 in a friendly. My first ever Hibs game. I remember everybody talking about how good Joe was on the way out of the ground. Pretty sure he scored a hat trick that night.

CapitalHibs
28-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Didn't mean to dis your story...but the bit about Billy Wright is true. I think before or after the spurs game we had also played Wolves and had beat them 5-2 as well; so I think southsider got the games mixed up. Don't know if Joe scored a hat trick in the Wolves game though.

frazeHFC
29-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Hopefully on the bench tomorrow. With the Heff out and Vine not exactly being a preferred choice, I hope we go with Collins and Handling up front, with Cummings on the bench. Maybe Caldwell too although it's only 5 subs so possibly only 1 striker on the bench.

Billy Whizz
29-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Hopefully on the bench tomorrow. With the Heff out and Vine not exactly being a preferred choice, I hope we go with Collins and Handling up front, with Cummings on the bench. Maybe Caldwell too although it's only 5 subs so possibly only 1 striker on the bench.

We also need a defender on the bench, so possibly Nelson. With only 5 subs including a goalie, there's going to be a few disappointed players who were in the squad last week, who won't even get stripped.
Be interested if he starts with Taiwo or Cairney on the right

brog
29-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Didn't mean to dis your story...but the bit about Billy Wright is true. I think before or after the spurs game we had also played Wolves and had beat them 5-2 as well; so I think southsider got the games mixed up. Don't know if Joe scored a hat trick in the Wolves game though.

We played Wolves in a friendly in 58 or 59 & from memory, we won 3-2. The Billy Wright memories are correct, Joe tore him a new one & Billy Wright's recommendation helped Joe win his first cap & score against N Ireland at the age of 19, unbelievable really! I know we played Spurs a few times in the 50's, friendlies & floodlight league & we certainly won 5-2 on one occasion but I don't recall Joe scoring a hat trick. What is beyond doubt is Joe scored 4 against the champions elect at PBS when he was 17! Yams conceded 11 league goals at home all season & a 17 year old scored 4 in one game!! We do have to remember that Joe was exceptional, hopefully Jason will get blooded gradually.

LioNeilMessi
29-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Just to clarify Jason's 24 goals, 5 were in pre-season friendlies, 2 in the Youth cup, 3 in the pre-season Foyle Cup, 6 in the East of Scotland League and the other 8 in the under 20's.

Rossco could also also have had a hat-trick last night.

The Youth squad have scored 121 goals this season in 41 games.
Last night's game was the best the the kids have played in quite a few weeks, having said that, in the first 20 minutes they could have been two or three down.
The only player in last night's team that did not shine was Abdellah Zoubir. The outstanding player in the team was Sam Stanton and if anyone should get a starting place in Dingwall, it should be Sammy.

Breakdown of scorers in youth squad.
Cummings 24 (19 competitive)
Max Todd 12 (10)
Cody Mulhall 10 (6) unfortunately out for the rest of the season.
Garath McCaffrey 9 (9) also four goals for the under 17s
Euan Smith, Jamie Beaton, Jay Doyle, David Paul all on 7

Hope he does start or at least come on from the bench :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Fabulous goal but what a downer to fire in one like that on front of empty stands.