PDA

View Full Version : Michael Nelson

Billy Whizz
27-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Making his comeback for Hibs under 20's tonight away against Hamilton.
Good luck to the big man!

jakeshibs
27-11-2013, 08:23 AM
good luck

Col2
27-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Excellent news. Hopefully back soon in 1st team.

Golden Bear
27-11-2013, 08:26 AM
More good news.

The tide is starting to turn at last for the Hibees.

:flag:

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Good to hear our future captain is on the way back

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I think that this boy will be very much Terry Butcher's type of player. A get it tae f*** centre half that will put his face where some players would be feared to put their feet.

Pretty Boy
27-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Very good news.

He wasn't pretty in any sense of the word but he done a job.

Hibby Gav
27-11-2013, 04:03 PM
great News...hope he comes through the game confidently..

GreenOnions
27-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Good to hear our future captain is on the way back

:shocked:

Good to hear Michael is on the mend but I'd rather see him as back-up than as a first pick. Forster was extremely unlucky not to be fit/eligible at the start of the season. He's not really put a foot wrong when he's played

B.H.F.C
27-11-2013, 06:33 PM
:shocked:

Good to hear Michael is on the mend but I'd rather see him as back-up than as a first pick. Forster was extremely unlucky not to be fit/eligible at the start of the season. He's not really put a foot wrong when he's played

Forster needs someone like Nelson next to him

GreenOnions
27-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Forster needs someone like Nelson next to him

I think Jordon will be fine no matter who he's playing beside. Personally I feel that Hanlon and Forster is our best pairing. I also like the idea of us playing our own young players when they're good enough.

The biggest help to Forster (and Hanlon) would be if we could get our full-backs to reduce the number of crosses coming into our box and if we could spend more time as a team putting pressure on the opposition.

Ronniekirk
27-11-2013, 07:10 PM
I think Jordon will be fine no matter who he's playing beside. Personally I feel that Hanlon and Forster is our best pairing. I also like the idea of us playing our own young players when they're good enough.

The biggest help to Forster (and Hanlon) would be if we could get our full-backs to reduce the number of crosses coming into our box and if we could spend more time as a team putting pressure on the opposition.
Based on Saturdays performance would stick with pairing that did reasonably we'll Agree Foster has been unlucky to miss out However if Nelson s face mask comes through the test tonight in under 20 s game big tell May be tempted to go with experience,McPake was injured at weekend so if he is fit and doesn't make bench that tells its own story big Tell will be desperate to get us into next round so he may play safe .however am more worried where goals will come from Craig was too deep on Saturday,

TheFamous1875
27-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm amazed Hanlon is as good as he is with that he's had to work with in a Hibs' defence.

Like we all say though, young players need the right influences around them to help them flourish. Stephen Craigan was on BT Sport's Scottish Football Review last night, and did a piece analysing the progress of Shawn Hutchinson as a CB, saying that in the last two years, he's come on leaps and bounds due to the talents of McManus, Hammell and (though he self effacingly didn't mention) Craigan himself around him, learning the tricks of the trade in a safe team. Hanlon's had the complete opposite (David Stephens?), his whole career has been in a team with little longevity, and it really is amazing he is as good as he is, but resoundingly more gutting that he's not as good as he could be had he the right role models around him from the beginning (same applies to Stevenson and Spoony).

With Jordon Forster, we have arguably a greater talent in our hands, and for him to get the game time and the guidance a young player needs, we could have a real prospect on our hands. Michael Nelson is a no nonsense defender (his distribution being more criminal than a parking attendants) who could perhaps provide the safety and confidence to enable Jordon the freedom and reassurance to learn the game.

Terry Butcher himself is of eminence regarding no nonsense defending, and I'm sure he's more than aware of how ball attackers and ball players both need each other as a foil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GreenOnions
27-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm amazed Hanlon is as good as he is with that he's had to work with in a Hibs' defence.

Like we all say though, young players need the right influences around them to help them flourish. Stephen Craigan was on BT Sport's Scottish Football Review last night, and did a piece analysing the progress of Shawn Hutchinson as a CB, saying that in the last two years, he's come on leaps and bounds due to the talents of McManus, Hammell and (though he self effacingly didn't mention) Craigan himself around him, learning the tricks of the trade in a safe team. Hanlon's had the complete opposite (David Stephens?), his whole career has been in a team with little longevity, and it really is amazing he is as good as he is, but resoundingly more gutting that he's not as good as he could be had he the right role models around him from the beginning (same applies to Stevenson and Spoony).

With Jordon Forster, we have arguably a greater talent in our hands, and for him to get the game time and the guidance a young player needs, we could have a real prospect on our hands. Michael Nelson is a no nonsense defender (his distribution being more criminal than a parking attendants) who could perhaps provide the safety and confidence to enable Jordon the freedom and reassurance to learn the game.

Terry Butcher himself is of eminence regarding no nonsense defending, and I'm sure he's more than aware of how ball attackers and ball players both need each other as a foil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree with a lot of what you say - and Nelson is strong, experienced and good in the air. However, he's also incredibly slow and has cost us several goals this season already. Paul Hanlon on the other hand has been our best defender by some distance IMO. Are you saying you'd drop Paul Hanlon to accommodate Nelson? Btw -Butcher could also hit a superb pass out of defence