PDA

View Full Version : Terry show sky around the training ground

Hibby Gav
26-11-2013, 02:41 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9043194/behind-the-scenes-with-butcher

There has been more positive PR done in the last 7 days that the previous 7 years !
ggtth

7Hero
26-11-2013, 03:19 PM
They used the same footage prior to kickoff on sky at weekend..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DAVE1875
26-11-2013, 03:21 PM
All we need now is a team worthy of the facilities

Hibby Gav
26-11-2013, 03:23 PM
They used the same footage prior to kickoff on sky at weekend..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yeah mate...I saw that....this was tweeted by Sky today...great to see us getting positive press for a change that's all :tbgwa:

Jonnyboy
26-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Enjoyed that. C'mon the Hibs!!!

Hibby Gav
26-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Enjoyed that. C'mon the Hibs!!!

It's a refreshing change isn't it mate !

Jonnyboy
26-11-2013, 04:01 PM
It's a refreshing change isn't it mate !

Certainly was for the film crew who'd have been chased if Pat was still in charge :wink:

Golden Bear
26-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Certainly was for the film crew who'd have been chased if Pat was still in charge :wink:

I don't believe that for a minute. Pat was a nice man.

:wink:

sambajustice
26-11-2013, 04:09 PM
How are we so crap when we've got something like that!!?? Incredible!

Hibby Gav
26-11-2013, 04:26 PM

but with a smile and a joke....no wait.... :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2013, 04:50 PM
How are we so crap when we've got something like that!!?? Incredible!

Played 7s in one of the barns at EM organised by the Hibernian community foundation for their Healthy Hibee programme. The facilities (we didnt see the first team areas) included the iconic moments in the corridor - echoing whats at ER - is an inspiring touch. The guys Calderwood brought in must have gone around with their eyes shut!

As I've said since TB came in - no more excuses - at EM players should be inspired to become better everything is there to allow them to concentrate 100% on football.

But I'd say the no more excuses also works for us fans. Pats gone, an experienced manager and coach are in players must be given a clean slate the future starts here (well it already started in Paisley.) Terry has told us were were heading and what he needs from us as well as the players. Rod claimed he would bring in someone to unite the club there's much to be done but I think we all have a duty to answer Terry's call.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Played 7s in one of the barns at EM organised by the Hibernian community foundation for their Healthy Hibee programme. The facilities (we didnt see the first team areas) included the iconic moments in the corridor - echoing whats at ER - is an inspiring touch. The guys Calderwood brought in must have gone around with their eyes shut!

As I've said since TB came in - no more excuses - at EM players should be inspired to become better everything is there to allow them to concentrate 100% on football.

But I'd say the no more excuses also works for us fans. Pats gone, an experienced manager and coach are in players must be given a clean slate the future starts here (well it already started in Paisley.) Terry has told us were were heading and what he needs from us as well as the players. Rod claimed he would bring in someone to unite the club there's much to be done but I think we all have a duty to answer Terry's call.

I agree - I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing. Let's behind big Tel.

Hibby Gav
26-11-2013, 04:56 PM

I'm in !

Thecat23
26-11-2013, 05:01 PM

Well said, it's now up to us to buy into his vision for Hibs. So I'm in.

I think the bad press we got had a lot to do with the way Pat done things. Refusing simple things like that was stupid. TB must have thought why hide what we have, show everyone outside the Old Firm our facilities are second to none. Well done Terry already putting you're mark on the club!

Stevie Reid
26-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Had a tour round EM in 2008, it's an amazing place.

jakeshibs
26-11-2013, 05:05 PM

I'm in!

hibby rae
26-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Two of my favourite things, Hibernian FC and Idlewild.

The Sea-gull
26-11-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9043194/behind-the-scenes-with-butcher

There has been more positive PR done in the last 7 days that the previous 7 years !
ggtth

This rings true. We have all speculated about it, heard the rumours and have had our own perceptions but it does seem that some of our managers in recent times have not been media friendly. I believe this is reflected to an extent in our treatment by the media. Whether it is correct for the media to do this to us on that basis is another matter but if you are not friendly and accomodating to them then you won't get good press.

Don't think John Collins had a lot of time for the media. Not sure about Mixu. I've heard Yogi was largely good and popular with them apart from the odd thing here and there. Calderwood was a clown who simply could not handle the media. I think part of Calderwood's "legacy" was that he had left us a bit of a joke with the media as he was not nearly as good with them as Yogi.

This meant that when Fenlon came in the club were very wary of the media and this rubbed off on him maybe making him a bit suspicious, aloof, stand offish and even techy at times. He never looked comfortable in interviews and even got a few digs in now and again showing he was not happy. Some of his digs were justified but it was maybe a bit of a chicken and egg scenario in that had Fenlon been a bit more media friendly then maybe he would have had a bit more slack.

I have now read and heard a few comments since TB got the job that the media side of things is like night and day compared to Fenlon. See what happens when you appoint a suitably experienced manager instead of a wee man from the League of Ireland.

GreenPJ
26-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Apart from being media friendly & savvy the very genuine excitement he appears to have about being at Hibs and for Scottish football is palpable.

As I said before, if in 18 months people are talking about Terry Butcher as being the leader and direction of Hibernian instead of the board then he has done his job well.

MurrayfieldHibs
26-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Well said, it's now up to us to buy into his vision for Hibs. So I'm in.

I think the bad press we got had a lot to do with the way Pat done things. Refusing simple things like that was stupid. TB must have thought why hide what we have, show everyone outside the Old Firm our facilities are second to none. Well done Terry already putting you're mark on the club!

Terry is smart enough to realise that this piece of video will help Steve Marsella encourage potential targets to talk to us. It is now time to turn East Mains from a cost to an investment - and start getting a return on our investment.

Make it so :thumbsup:

matty_f
26-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm sure fenlon did the press conferences at easter road because he felt it was important that easter road was still relevant through the week, iirc.

There was a feeling that because everything was being done out of East mains, the team were in danger of losing touch with its home.

HibbySpurs
26-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Excellent video. Shows what a fantastic opportunity players are given when they come to Hibs. Guess seeing facilities like that owned 100% by Hibs shows who the big teams and the wee teams really are.

In Terry we trust. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

brog
26-11-2013, 08:15 PM
That is excellent. TB's excitement at being at Hibs is superb & his enthusiasm is infectious. I posted before his appointment that he would revolutionise Hibs in a way we haven't seen since Turnbull. In retrospect losing to Yams may have been best thing to have happened for a long time.

PatHead
26-11-2013, 08:20 PM
No wonder Terry is excited. His Gym at ICT was 2 portacabins stuck together with no water or electricity or heating.

Northern Hibby
26-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Link not working for me :-(

Stax
26-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Terry is smart enough to realise that this piece of video will help Steve Marsella encourage potential targets to talk to us. It is now time to turn East Mains from a cost to an investment - and start getting a return on our investment.

Make it so :thumbsup:
Agree with this, and the facilities are second to none, my son does the green shoots training weeks there and we come away every time thinking what a fantastic asset. Hopefully big Tel can start reaping the benefits. All good and feeling v.optimistic for the 1st time in a good few years.

weonlywon6-2
26-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Excellent video. Shows what a fantastic opportunity players are given when they come to Hibs. Guess seeing facilities like that owned 100% by Hibs shows who the big teams and the wee teams really are.

In Terry we trust. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Sadly we havent made it work for us.I was up in Inverness a while ago and saw Caley training in playing fields near fort augustus, it was cold and windy but its worked for them

Andy74
26-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm sure fenlon did the press conferences at easter road because he felt it was important that easter road was still relevant through the week, iirc.

There was a feeling that because everything was being done out of East mains, the team were in danger of losing touch with its home.

Yep. East Mains was a private place for work and ER was intentionally used for media etc to have it used during the week and to link us back there to some point other than the few home games.

The public training session Pat introduced was also a good idea. We went on a decent run after that.

Bay Area Hibees
27-11-2013, 02:44 AM

ggtth

100% agree. TB all about positivity, great to see.

Leishy1995
27-11-2013, 04:05 AM
If I was a footballer being offered terms by Scottish teams and Hibs offered marginally less, then gave me a tour of these facilities I wouldn't consider the other offers.

TheFamous1875
27-11-2013, 07:57 AM
If I was a footballer being offered terms by Scottish teams and Hibs offered marginally less, then gave me a tour of these facilities I wouldn't consider the other offers.

+ big club + big city + Terry Butcher + successful management team.

I think you'd have to be mad not to sign for Hibs right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lapsedhibee
27-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Agree with this, and the facilities are second to none, my son does the green shoots training weeks there and we come away every time thinking what a fantastic asset.

Could they not have gone the extra mile and put in a shaver point? :grr: :panic: :wink:

Aldo
27-11-2013, 09:23 AM
This is an excellent piece of PR. Butcher is a class act and his profile down South will hopefully reap benefits for our club.

Big presence big character at a Big Club.

Fife-Hibee
27-11-2013, 10:33 AM
We've done nothing yet and i aready love the man !

California-Hibs
27-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Totally class. We really are privileged to have such 'specialness' as Terry puts it, in having our own state of the art training academy. It's something many teams can only dream of and im glad Butcher is embracing it and drilling it into the players just how lucky they are to be there!

We're a big club and we should be doing SO much better, and we deserve so much better, and you know what?...In having Butcher as our manager I think that's exactly what we're going to all witness in time!

Excited!!

frazeHFC
27-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Great video, love that man already, hopefully get us where we should be. Buzzing for Saturday!!! :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
27-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Good PR, very good training centre, loving big TB at the helm and feel positive about Hibs again.
HOWEVER, contrary to the good squad nonsense banded about, we have a terrible bunch of players at his disposal and the team is lacking so many things that even Jan window won't fix it.
So I don't expect our fortunes on the pitch to be particuarly good this season... and really, thats all that matters - and despite knowing that and TB wanting to give the fans something, I am not optimistic.
More patience required - getting through the cup game on Sat would be a welcomed boost.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Good PR, very good training centre, loving big TB at the helm and feel positive about Hibs again.
HOWEVER, contrary to the good squad nonsense banded about, we have a terrible bunch of players at his disposal and the team is lacking so many things that even Jan window won't fix it.
So I don't expect our fortunes on the pitch to be particuarly good this season... and really, thats all that matters - and despite knowing that and TB wanting to give the fans something, I am not optimisic.
More patience required - getting through the cup game on Sat would be a welcomed boost.

On the evidence of this season so far, Celtic, A'deen, Dundee Utd, ICT and Motherwell are better, which means our best shot with this squad, is a face-off with St Johnstone for 6th. But I think that both ICT and M'well might fall away, which would give us a shot at 4th if there is a 'Butcher effect.'

southsider
27-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Getting Terry is the best thing Rod has ever done. Ok, so he put a slight spin on our performance on sat. but i (and many others) think he will be a god-send.

Hibercelona
27-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I think this is great and that the club should be more open with the press more often.

Our facilities should be used as an advert through the media to attract players to the club. There's really nothing to hide and everything to present.

Kato
27-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I think the bad press we got had a lot to do with the way Pat done things.

That doesn't explain the bad press we had before Fenlon arrived.

Seeing this is on Sky I doubt it'll make any difference to how the BBC Glasgow Sportsound "team" project their views on Hibs.

It'll remain as snidey and sneaky as it has been since Collins left.

GlenrothesHibee
27-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't blame Pat for not being media friendly. East Mains is first and foremost a training facility. The press can do one as far as i am concerned. Being best buddies with the press wont win us football matches, hard work on the training ground will.

Allant1981
27-11-2013, 05:34 PM
So I don't expect our fortunes on the pitch to be particuarly good this season... and really, thats all that matters - and despite knowing that and TB wanting to give the fans something, I am not optimistic.

He really doesnt have a terrible bunch of players, williams, mcgivern, hanlon, nelson, harris, craig, OTJ, thomson, robertson, heffernan are all good spl players, just didnt seem to click under fenlon. Butcher has some strong players there

HibbyAndy
27-11-2013, 05:42 PM
He really doesnt have a terrible bunch of players, williams, mcgivern, hanlon, nelson, harris, craig, OTJ, thomson, robertson, heffernan are all good spl players, just didnt seem to click under fenlon. Butcher has some strong players there

Agreed pal.

The Voice Of Reason
27-11-2013, 05:44 PM

My thoughts exactly Craig 👍

Craig_in_Prague
27-11-2013, 06:41 PM

I'll give you Williams and the Heff, the latter now injured for many weeks, the former unable to create up the park.

McGivern, Hanlon and Nelson don't do it for me and all need to buck up their ideas if we're to improve at the back. There's a gym at EM, maybe someone should direct Hanlon to it.

Harris has been out for ages and is the only wide attacking threat in the squad, a young raw talent being the one we will rely on for that spark / width and creativity.... pretty sad for a club with Hibs resources.

Craig has been OK, but no more than that. Expecting more from him under TB in the central position. Robertson runs about a lot, but I dont get the hype around him... though I can see where the 'good SPL' tag comes from, but again, these 2 need to do more IMO.

OTJ not played much, so hard to say really, not been impressed from what I have seen, and other SPL side supporting mates, have said they weren't too impressed by him either from what they see... however TB worked with him, so fingers crossed he'll give us something.

Thomson we all know is a good player, but with the whole team being so slow, he just makes us even slower.

Again though, people rattle off nearly a full team as if we're good........clearly, we aren't. If TB can get them going somehow into a team that creates more and we score more goals and pick up more wins, then I will be over the moon.
I just don't feel too confident TB can get us where we want Hibs in this season, as we have too many failings in the side (pace, width, creativity, scoring goals, defensively poor etc), will be very happy if TB can exceed my expectations and hope SM can get us one or two gems in the transfer market.

snooky
27-11-2013, 07:53 PM
I'll give you Williams and the Heff, the latter now injured for many weeks, the former unable to create up the park.

McGivern, Hanlon and Nelson don't do it for me and all need to buck up their ideas if we're to improve at the back. There's a gym at EM, maybe someone should direct Hanlon to it.

Harris has been out for ages and is the only wide attacking threat in the squad, a young raw talent being the one we will rely on for that spark / width and creativity.... pretty sad for a club with Hibs resources.

Craig has been OK, but no more than that. Expecting more from him under TB in the central position. Robertson runs about a lot, but I dont get the hype around him... though I can see where the 'good SPL' tag comes from, but again, these 2 need to do more IMO.

OTJ not played much, so hard to say really, not been impressed from what I have seen, and other SPL side supporting mates, have said they weren't too impressed by him either from what they see... however TB worked with him, so fingers crossed he'll give us something.

Thomson we all know is a good player, but with the whole team being so slow, he just makes us even slower.

Again though, people rattle off nearly a full team as if we're good........clearly, we aren't. If TB can get them going somehow into a team that creates more and we score more goals and pick up more wins, then I will be over the moon.
I just don't feel too confident TB can get us where we want Hibs in this season, as we have too many failings in the side (pace, width, creativity, scoring goals, defensively poor etc), will be very happy if TB can exceed my expectations and hope SM can get us one or two gems in the transfer market.

:agree: Spot on, CinP.