PDA

View Full Version : NHC League sponsorship

KeithTheHibby
26-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Why after almost 4 months of the season does scottish football still not have a sponsorship deal? It really is embarrassing to say the least.

We had an amalgamation of the SPL and SFL then rebranding of the leagues(which, by the way, were just copied from England) yet we continue to sit without a major sponsor?!

When are people like Doncaster and Regan going to be held accountable for this? Utter shambles.

Islington Hibs
26-11-2013, 08:27 PM
I hear that Laura Ashley are going to be the next sponsors. Paying £2m a year I herd?

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I hear that Laura Ashley are going to be the next sponsors. Paying £2m a year I herd?

Then it'll be curtains ;)

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Is it not the case that Doncaster & Regan have been as far as China to try and strike deals for the TV rights to our game. From that point of view I suppose they cant be faulted for effort.

But as far as a league sponsor goes it appears to be a bit more difficult.

There is a school of thought that its about time the big oil companies who have been sooking billions out of the waters around Scotland for decades put something back. Perhaps we could go for the moral angle and try and blackmail them into chucking a few million at the game.

Or what about SKY or BT sport. The big TV companies have spent billions on rights to show matches. Perhaps one of them could sponsor a whole league.

If our games are going to be broadcast in China perhaps a Chinese sponsor .... every club could wear the league sponsors name on their shirt alongside their own club sponsor. I doubt 'eat at greasy joe's' in chinese characters would clash with Crabbies.

Wilbur
26-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Do sky not sponsor the lower leagues in England already?

Nevi_SOL
26-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Do sky not sponsor the lower leagues in England already?

Sky bet I think do. Not sure tho

I'm_cabbaged
27-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Sky bet I think do. Not sure tho

Would be good to see Huns going about with paddy power on their shirts :)

patlowe
27-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Would be good to see Huns going about with paddy power on their shirts :)

Especially Ian Black.

Saorsa
27-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Why after almost 4 months of the season does scottish football still not have a sponsorship deal? It really is embarrassing to say the least.

We had an amalgamation of the SPL and SFL then rebranding of the leagues(which, by the way, were just copied from England) yet we continue to sit without a major sponsor?!

When are people like Doncaster and Regan going to be held accountable for this? Utter shambles.These two should have been punted efter the shambles with the stickies, the fact that they are still there tells you everything you need tae ken about them and all the rest of the people also involved in the running of Scottish fitba.