PDA

View Full Version : Cashmere Hibs scarf

joe breezy
25-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I just won one of these for suggesting this design, which has now gone into production....

http://www.savile-rogue.com/scotland-premier-league-c3/hibernian-c80/green-white-and-black-deluxe-cashmere-football-scarf-in-the-colours-of-hibernian-p2490

Not a bad winter warmer, although I've never been big on wearing club colours, I'll make an exception for this :)

bigwheel
25-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Nice !

steviehibsleith
25-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Even in our darkest hour dont see many of these getting thrown on the park at £58 :greengrin
I will be ordering later when the boss has gone to bed .

mca
25-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Lovely scarf - but Knowing my luck - id probably end up leaving it in a pub somewhere !!!!

.Sean.
25-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Ordered :thumbsup:

Tempted by the hat too.

FranckSuzy
25-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Very smart. Well done :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
25-11-2013, 08:08 PM
No cash going the Clubs way though......:confused:

Ronniekirk
25-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I just won one of these for suggesting this design, which has now gone into production....

http://www.savile-rogue.com/scotland-premier-league-c3/hibernian-c80/green-white-and-black-deluxe-cashmere-football-scarf-in-the-colours-of-hibernian-p2490

Not a bad winter warmer, although I've never been big on wearing club colours, I'll make an exception for this :)
What's the logo at bottom of scarf might get one for my daughter who keeps borrowing mine when it's cold A nice pair of ear muffs would set it off a treat You could skip the fancy box and bring the price down its a lot to fork out for a scarf Hope there no made in one of those sweat house factories abroad

joe breezy
25-11-2013, 08:20 PM

Indeed, it's a shame football clubs haven't taken note of a trend that's taken place since the 80s of people wanting better quality.

The club shop doesn't even have pictures of some of their scarves. I give the club money every month through the Hibernians so don't feel too guilty about my free scarf or by sharing the supplier details.

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/scarves

Might be something for the club to consider in the future though perhaps.

hibees 7062
25-11-2013, 08:52 PM

Savile-Rogue , sounds like the moneys gone tae hertz :greengrin

Stax
25-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Indeed, it's a shame football clubs haven't taken note of a trend that's taken place since the 80s of people wanting better quality.

The club shop doesn't even have pictures of some of their scarves. I give the club money every month through the Hibernians so don't feel too guilty about my free scarf or by sharing the supplier details.

This, always fancied a hibs tartan scarf in cashmere..

down-the-slope
25-11-2013, 10:04 PM

In a way I don't disagree with what you say - I know things are not quite as straight forward now running the shop is outsourced, but I could put you in touch with Club marketing if you want to see if they might take up your ideas?

I took my brother in law to his first game couple of weeks ago - he is a Bournemouth Fan and wanted a Hibs scarf...went to shop and the variety of scarf's was Communist Russia esq. ....... He really liked the green tartan hibs scarfs being sported by many fans in shop...but not now available...

He bought nothing in the end..

PerfectlyFranck
25-11-2013, 11:40 PM

Nice plug...

I'll stick to giving the money to Hibs for a scarf I'd rather wear.

edinburghhibee
26-11-2013, 01:17 AM
In a way I don't disagree with what you say - I know things are not quite as straight forward now running the shop is outsourced, but I could put you in touch with Club marketing if you want to see if they might take up your ideas?

I took my brother in law to his first game couple of weeks ago - he is a Bournemouth Fan and wanted a Hibs scarf...went to shop and the variety of scarf's was Communist Russia esq. ....... He really liked the green tartan hibs scarfs being sported by many fans in shop...but not now available...

I was in bowdens kilt makers back in August and was speaking to the boy who works in there about the hibs tartan. He told me that the old hibs tartan has now been bought by another company and the new tartan is horrible. I've personally never saw the new tartan but my old man has the old tartan scarf and maybe this is the reason that its no longer available.

Bristolhibby
26-11-2013, 01:32 AM
I was in bowdens kilt makers back in August and was speaking to the boy who works in there about the hibs tartan. He told me that the old hibs tartan has now been bought by another company and the new tartan is horrible. I've personally never saw the new tartan but my old man has the old tartan scarf and maybe this is the reason that its no longer available.

The new tartan is boggin! Look up ties in the club shop for a sneak peak.

The old one is class. Fancy getting a kilt maid in that.

J

brian6-2
26-11-2013, 06:51 AM
good job joe, very nice mate. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
26-11-2013, 08:50 AM

That's a beauty.

MB62
26-11-2013, 09:24 AM

J

If she's tidy, I wouldn't mind getting her in one too. :wink:

Killiehibbie
26-11-2013, 09:31 AM

J
Just had a look. Does that even qualify as tartan?

jacomo
26-11-2013, 01:36 PM

I don't live in Edinburgh so don't get to as many games as I would like, so in the past have bought merchandise as a way of spending some money with Hibs. But I've lost patience with the poor range and incoherent offer. The move to a Nike-branded shop has not made things any better.

Aaron
26-11-2013, 02:13 PM

Interesting and disappointing. Did we not hold the rights to the original tartan?

StevieC
26-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I have a cashmere scarf that I wear in the colder weather, it wasn't cheap but it was well worth forking out the extra for the quality.

Golden Bear
26-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Interesting and disappointing. Did we not hold the rights to the original tartan?

Just what I was thinking.

(see the section under heraldry)

http://www.tartansauthority.com/resources/heraldry/

LancsHibs
26-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Nice scarf, I'm tempted even though a wee bit expensive. An early Christmas present to myself :greengrin

Aaron
27-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Just what I was thinking.

(see the section under heraldry)

http://www.tartansauthority.com/resources/heraldry/

Here are the old and new Hibs tartans. I wonder who bought the old one. Shame for people who forked out a fortune on kilts etc

http://www.tartansauthority.com/tartan-ferret/search-results/?src=1&key=hibernian

VivaHiberña
27-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Here are the old and new Hibs tartans. I wonder who bought the old one. Shame for people who forked out a fortune on kilts etc

http://www.tartansauthority.com/tartan-ferret/search-results/?src=1&key=hibernian

Sorry but which is which?

I would have guessed "Hibernian FC (2004)" was the old one going by that's the one my scarf I bought last year looks like and I'm hearing they've changed it since. However, the other one is pre-2002 according to that link so surely that's older. Confused.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2013, 02:36 PM

Count me in. If the club came up with stuff like this, namely suitable attire that a gentleman of sophisticated tastes could wear, then I too would shelve my antipathy to their merchandise.

IWasThere2016
27-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Nice.

The biggest surprise for me was the time it took Sir Bob of Dashing to order one :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Nice.

The biggest surprise for me was the time it took Sir Bob of Dashing to order one :greengrin

I might even treat to myself to a new single-malt holding hip flask, for the festivities, in order to accessorise this splendid garment.

sidjames
27-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Count me in. If the club came up with stuff like this, namely suitable attire that a gentleman of sophisticated tastes could wear, then I too would shelve my antipathy to their merchandise.

I would imagine you would need a walk-in wardrobe to shelve all of your antipathies!

mutley
10-12-2013, 04:53 PM
ARGH!!!! I just went to order one of these and they are out of stock!!

Baader
10-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Pity it's got black in it...

Much better just green and white.

mutley
10-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Pity it's got black in it...

Much better just green and white.

The green and white ones are in stock, I just fancied the one with the black in it

joe breezy
10-12-2013, 06:32 PM
The green and white ones are in stock, I just fancied the one with the black in it

I've PMd you

mutley
10-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Cheers JB , got it and replied

Baader
10-12-2013, 06:53 PM

:aok:

stewpot
10-12-2013, 09:12 PM
TROOP2013

10% discount

mutley
10-12-2013, 09:16 PM
TROOP2013

10% discount

Ahh nice one, I keep forgetting things like that, I even have a Defence Discount card.

But I'm sorted anyway

One Day Soon
10-12-2013, 10:21 PM

I think this stuff can go too far.

When can we expect the Hibernian monogrammed Rampant Rabbits or the away strip coloured giant Muumuus?

Best leave the 'Beautiful People' get up to the impecunious Merricks and their lardy window hangers on the West side of town.

Nice scarf though.

jonty
10-12-2013, 10:33 PM
If that's the new tartan then I'll happily stick to the old.

LancsHibs
10-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Went into the Hibs shop on Saturday and to be honest thought there was a lot of overpriced cr@p

--------
12-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Even in our darkest hour dont see many of these getting thrown on the park at £58 :greengrin
I will be ordering later when the boss has gone to bed .

Wouldn't like to be you when she finds out, mate. :chop:

No jury would convict.

£60 for a football scarf!!!!!!!!!!!! :bitchy:

mutley
12-12-2013, 04:08 PM
My scarf arrived today, very impressed with it, and I do like the black stripes in it