PDA

View Full Version : NHC David Stephens goal

LioNeilMessi
25-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Apologies if already posted but what a strike :agree:

Just realised Barnet are in the Conference league now... Surely Stephens and Stacky are capable of a higher level than that? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Cd62DWTIc

frazeHFC
25-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Peach!

Mark79
25-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Get him back. We can't score a goal.

Boyle89
25-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Stephens was terrible. The ball rolled between his legs a countless amount of times in the few games he played.

NOLA
25-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Theres a player in there somewhere

PerfectlyFranck
25-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Just realised Barnet are in the Conference league now... Surely Stephens and Stacky are capable of a higher level than that? :confused:

He was absolutely terrible.

I quite liked Stack though, at least he was preferable to Ma-Kalambay, Smith & Brown… :rolleyes:
They also drew 0-0 against Welling United, whoever they are, forfeiting a win of over £65,000 from a free £3 bet.

They're in the Conference [and struggling] for a good reason, they're not very good.

Bostonhibby
25-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Not Hibs class................

Kicking the ball at the goals, nah, not for me :-)

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Not Hibs class................

Kicking the ball at the goals, nah, not for me :-)

:tee hee:

3pm
25-11-2013, 06:31 PM
He's pish.

WellingtonHibby
25-11-2013, 08:46 PM
They were well beaten off Grimsby at the weekened. A poor side who are weakened by Davids tactics which are designed to make everything go through him. My mates reckoned all it took for Grimsby to boss the midfield was manmark him out of the game..

Grimsby are a decent side though and finally getting thier act together to get back into the football league. they get crowds thats rival mid ranking SPL clubs and its staggering they are where they are

MKHIBEE
25-11-2013, 08:53 PM
They were well beaten off Grimsby at the weekened. A poor side who are weakened by Davids tactics which are designed to make everything go through him. My mates reckoned all it took for Grimsby to boss the midfield was manmark him out of the game..

Grimsby are a decent side though and finally getting thier act together to get back into the football league. they get crowds thats rival mid ranking SPL clubs and its staggering they are where they are

Hopefully the cods stay where they are forever.horrible fans, horrible stadium.

WellingtonHibby
25-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Hopefully the cods stay where they are forever.horrible fans, horrible stadium.

Its Haddock up north, chum.

:aok:

We. Piss. On. Your. Fish!!

Centre Hawf
26-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Stack was actually a semi decent keeper and was punted for not fitting in with the mentality Fenlon wanted. Stephens however was a terrible centre half and was rightfully punted for being so.

The media had a wee love-in with the whole Edgar Davids thing at Barnet but it's now starting to become one big joke judging by the stories i'm hearing, If there's an example of a way to go about lower league management after being a "Top" player its James Beattie at Accrington (Davids was obviously better as a player but Beattie is an even better coach/manager)

California-Hibs
26-11-2013, 04:16 AM

Nope, both poor players, with Stephens in particular, he was absolutely brutal! Delighted we got rid of them both and got in two much much better replacements in Williams and Nelson!

Beefster
26-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Stephens was terrible.

No, he wasn't. He was just a young player learning his trade who wasn't given the chance to develop without being crucified. He was a victim of circumstance at Hibs IMHO. Never got to play regularly, played in a pish team, played a lot with Hanlon and often took the blame when Hanlon was as much at fault (I seem to recall Stephens being slaughtered after Killie spanked us despite Hanlon being woeful).

He's never going to be a world-beater but, much like Clayton Donaldson and others, he wasn't as bad as some Hibs fans like to make out.

California-Hibs
26-11-2013, 06:57 AM
No, he wasn't. He was just a young player learning his trade who wasn't given the chance to develop without being crucified. He was a victim of circumstance at Hibs IMHO. Never got to play regularly, played in a pish team, played a lot with Hanlon and often took the blame when Hanlon was as much at fault (I seem to recall Stephens being slaughtered after Killie spanked us despite Hanlon being woeful).

He's never going to be a world-beater but, much like Clayton Donaldson and others, he wasn't as bad as some Hibs fans like to make out.

Sorry, he WAS as bad as people made him out to be and it's as simple as that. I agree that certain players aren't nearly as bad as some fans will make out, but Stevens truely was.

lucky
26-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Stephens was poor and is lucky to be playing conference football. Stack was a decent SPL goalie but enjoys life a bit more than PF wanted his players too. Both must have moved for roughly the same money as they were getting at Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
26-11-2013, 08:42 AM

He's never going to be a world-beater but, much like Clayton Donaldson and others, he wasn't as bad as some Hibs fans like to make out.Pretty much this, would have been given much more time if he was homegrown

Hiber-nation
26-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Stephens was poor and is lucky to be playing conference football. Stack was a decent SPL goalie but enjoys life a bit more than PF wanted his players too. Both must have moved for roughly the same money as they were getting at Hibs.

He wasn't great but the bit in bold is just daft.

easty
26-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Stephens was genuinely one of the worst players I've had the misfortune of seeing in a Hibs strip.

easty
26-11-2013, 08:58 AM

Except that Donaldson has gone away and at least done something down south to show he perhaps wasn't the huddy a lot of people thought he was. Stephens has done nowt.

Northernhibee
26-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Stack was decent, Stephens was well built to be a centre back but was absolutely dire.

Beefster
26-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Except that Donaldson has gone away and at least done something down south to show he perhaps wasn't the huddy a lot of people thought he was. Stephens has done nowt.

He's been away a year, has just turned 22 and is playing regularly for the club he joined on leaving us. What did you expect him to have done by now?

easty
26-11-2013, 10:07 AM
He's been away a year, has just turned 22 and is playing regularly for the club he joined on leaving us. What did you expect him to have done by now?

I expected him to be crap. I sit here rather smug, with a knowing grin and nodding my head in a manner suggesting I knew I was right to think he was garbage all along.

Please feel free to come back and put me in my place when he ends up being better than Conference standard. Don't hold your breath though. :greengrin

Beefster
26-11-2013, 10:11 AM
I expected him to be crap. I sit here rather smug, with a knowing grin and nodding my head in a manner suggesting I knew I was right to think he was garbage all along.

Please feel free to come back and put me in my place when he ends up being better than Conference standard. Don't hold your breath though. :greengrin

Mark my words. You'll bow down to my talent-spotting when he's firing in a goal for Wales at the World Cup and playing for Man City.

Leishy1995
26-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Stephens once went on upfront in place of a demoralised Colin nish, won a header and didn't fall over and I feel like people on here genuinely wanted it to happen again.

brian6-2
26-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Absolutely stinking player. Complete donkey. Anne Frank would have done a better job at centre half.

Jonnyboy
26-11-2013, 04:08 PM

:agree: Spot on IMO

Sorry, he WAS as bad as people made him out to be and it's as simple as that. I agree that certain players aren't nearly as bad as some fans will make out, but Stevens truely was.

C-H, that's your opinion mate. Doesn't make it a fact, even on Hibs.net :wink:

brog
26-11-2013, 08:30 PM

Sorry Beefster, have to disagree here. I've been watching Hibs for Dr Who years plus :wink: & I've seen some shocking centre halves in my time but Stephens is up there with the worst of them. His performances at home to St J 2 seasons ago & at Tannadice in the first game of last season were absolutely appalling, I was actually hiding my eyes at one stage it was so embarrassing. He went from 1st choice CH to a free transfer in the space of 2 weeks. I have never given abuse to a Hibs player who gives 100% & I really appreciate he was a young man in difficult circumstances at ER. I would be very surprised however if he makes a significant mark in the game but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Bronson
26-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Sorry but he was the worst player I've ever seen wear a hibs shirt, seriously questioned how he was ever a footballer.

Cracking strike though:aok:

hfc rd
26-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Is Edgar Davids still a player/coach down there?

LioNeilMessi
26-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Sorry but he was the worst player I've ever seen wear a hibs shirt, seriously questioned how he was ever a footballer.

Cracking strike though:aok:

"Goal n' a half" :agree:

wearethehibs
27-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Ha some people on here are over the top like.

The worst player you have ever seen in a Hibs top aye?

Obviously not been to many Hibs games then.

clerriehibs
27-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Sorry Beefster, have to disagree here. I've been watching Hibs for Dr Who years plus :wink: & I've seen some shocking centre halves in my time but Stephens is up there with the worst of them. His performances at home to St J 2 seasons ago & at Tannadice in the first game of last season were absolutely appalling, I was actually hiding my eyes at one stage it was so embarrassing. He went from 1st choice CH to a free transfer in the space of 2 weeks. I have never given abuse to a Hibs player who gives 100% & I really appreciate he was a young man in difficult circumstances at ER. I would be very surprised however if he makes a significant mark in the game but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

You're right; no player who tries to do his best should ever get abuse from the fans.

If the fans think any trier simply isn't good enough, then the abuse should be aimed at whoever signed the player up.

Non-triers, on the other hand, deserve all the crap they get.

RyeSloan
27-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Ha some people on here are over the top like. The worst player you have ever seen in a Hibs top aye? Obviously not been to many Hibs games then.

Dunno...he's up there for sure. Absolutely gash.

greenlex
27-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Nope, both poor players, with Stephens in particular, he was absolutely brutal! Delighted we got rid of them both and got in two much much better replacements in Williams and Nelson!
We didn't replace Stephens with Nelson.

easty
27-11-2013, 09:55 AM

I honestly cant think of a player who's looked as bad. Can you?

zlatan
27-11-2013, 10:07 AM
I honestly cant think of a player who's looked as bad. Can you?

Zibi, Hurtado, Konte, Wiss, Holsgrove, Caig, Tosh, Gathuessi, Zurabi, Kujabi, Keenan.

Blimey there's loads and that's just off the top of my head. Stephens didn't play anywhere near enough regular football to get close to that lot. His performance on the opening day against Dundee United last season was a terrible display right enough.

easty
27-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Zibi, Hurtado, Konte, Wiss, Holsgrove, Caig, Tosh, Gathuessi, Zurabi, Kujabi, Keenan.

Blimey there's loads and that's just off the top of my head. Stephens didn't play anywhere near enough regular football to get close to that lot. His performance on the opening day against Dundee United last season was a terrible display right enough.

Keenan and Kujabi ran him close, I'll give you that. The others were better. Jarkko Wiss absolutely shouldn't even be on that list.

Heisenberg
27-11-2013, 10:25 AM
He's found his level.

brog
27-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I see the B's won 2-0 away at Dartford last night, a clean sheet for Stacky & Stephens! The first time Barnet had won an away midweek ( Tuesday fixture ) for 8 years! Mind you Dartford have now lost 7 on the bounce so maybe not yet time to revise my opinion of David Stephens!

Northernhibee
27-11-2013, 11:04 AM
He's found his level.

Nail on head.

California-Hibs
27-11-2013, 11:09 AM
We didn't replace Stephens with Nelson.

Was meaning we are now living with Williams and Nelson which is a much better situation than just a few years back having Stack and Stephens!

brian6-2
27-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Is Edgar Davids still a player/coach down there?

might be mistaken but im sure he actually stepped up to player/manager

Bronson
27-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Been a season ticket holder for the last 10 years, seen some gash and he tops the lot.

That performance in the 2-3 home defeat to st johnstone was the worst defensive display i have ever seen, awful to watch.

Northernhibee
27-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Been a season ticket holder for the last 10 years, seen some gash and he tops the lot.

That performance in the 2-3 home defeat to st johnstone was the worst defensive display i have ever seen, awful to watch.

IIRC he was as bad as I've seen against Aberdeen under CC.

Bronson
27-11-2013, 05:15 PM
IIRC he was as bad as I've seen against Aberdeen under CC.

Wouldn't surprise me. My dad has been around for a while, seen some gash and he agrees that Stephens tops the lot.

Northernhibee
28-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. My dad has been around for a while, seen some gash and he agrees that Stephens tops the lot.

IIRC he was caught in possession at the back twice in ninety seconds by the same player - genuinely beyond atrocious.

MKHIBEE
29-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Just as I am reading about players who fans thought were crap while playing for Hibs up pops Tony Higgins on Sky Sports, certainly not the worst to wear the shirt but I felt he was poor.

Gettin' Auld
30-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Just as I am reading about players who fans thought were crap while playing for Hibs up pops Tony Higgins on Sky Sports, certainly not the worst to wear the shirt but I felt he was poor.

Big lumbering Tony wasn't the greatest, but compared to David Stephens, he was Ronaldo.

The guy did get underage caps for Wales. I'm assuming it was the Welsh rugby team? :wink: