PDA

View Full Version : Question Franck Sauzee

Chump
24-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Friend of mine just bought a signed Frank Sauzee picture and got me thinking......

.....will be ever be graced by the likes of a Frank Sauzee again in a Hibs strip or are those days well and truly gone??

judas
24-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Friend of mine just bought a signed Frank Sauzee picture and got me thinking......

.....will be ever be graced by the likes of a Frank Sauzee again in a Hibs strip or are those days well and truly gone??

As much as I adore Franck, I would have to say that I believe we will see such talent at Easter Road again.

I'm_cabbaged
24-11-2013, 07:32 PM
As much as I adore Franck, I would have to say that I believe we will see such talent at Easter Road again.

No chance, end of.

hfc rd
24-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Probably one in every 20 years.

Mr White
24-11-2013, 08:23 PM
That's one of the beauties of football, you never know who or what is around the corner. One minute you're cursing tosh Eliot mcquilken and lovering and before you know it latapy sauzee O'Neil zitelli and paatelainen are putting 6 past hearts.

FranckSuzy
24-11-2013, 08:25 PM
It's Franck :grr: :sauzee: :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
24-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Think those days are gone, I'd be surprised if Celtic even got a player of Franck's pedigree in the near future let alone us. Scottish football is ****** and will be for the foreseeable future. Best we can hope for is a repeat of the Mowbray days with homegrown talent.

HibbyAndy
24-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Its FRANCK FFS!!

jdships
24-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Think those days are gone, I'd be surprised if Celtic even got a player of Franck's pedigree in the near future let alone us. Scottish football is ****** and will be for the foreseeable future. Best we can hope for is a repeat of the Mowbray days with homegrown talent.

Good post !
Think you have summed it up perfectly ! :thumbsup:
I understand from " financnial sources " there are three Scottish " Full Time " clubs considering a full time staff of ten /twelve players with the rest of the squad " Part Time " . All down to gate takings and lack of big sponsorship
One Chairman of a Second Div club , whom I am friends with , also tells me a number of the lower league clubs will not increase the wages next season and some might even have to cut wages .

As the song says " These days are past now and in the past they must remain " :greengrin
Those of us who were privalaged to watch the GREAT MAN should be grateful :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
24-11-2013, 09:42 PM

We live in hope .

Ggtth

Jonnyboy
24-11-2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_dNDskgVAU

Hibercelona
24-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Nobody will ever replace Sauzee, but that's not to say that players of similar talents will never grace the Hibs strip ever again.

History has a funny way of repeating itself.

Aldo
24-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Remember his debut at Brockville along with Marinkov. Pishing with rain that day.

The guy just oozed class both on and off the pitch.

I doubt we will ever see a player of Franck's calibre /class play for us again (well not anytime soon)

hibsbollah
24-11-2013, 10:06 PM
We all agree on Francks abilities as a player. What he could have been as a manager is the great unknown. Sacking him after just two months was my saddest day as a Hibs fan.

Chump
24-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Remember his debut at Brockville along with Marinkov. Pishing with rain that day.

I doubt we will ever see a player of Franck's calibre /class play for us again (well not anytime soon)

I remember that day also.....boy on the terrace selling Macaroon Bars!!

Carheenlea
24-11-2013, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_dNDskgVAU

Always have to skip through footage of the header where he loses his teeth against Hearts.. :sofa:

Jonnyboy
24-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Always have to skip through footage of the header where he loses his teeth against Hearts.. :sofa:

Aye, it looked a sair yin :agree:

hibees 7062
24-11-2013, 10:47 PM
It's Franck :grr: :sauzee: :greengrin

And Suzy tae :grr::saltireflag :greengrin

FranckSuzy
24-11-2013, 11:22 PM
And Suzy tae :grr::saltireflag :greengrin

It's Susan actually Robert, since it's Sunday :wink: :greengrin:flag:

FranckSuzy
24-11-2013, 11:25 PM
We all agree on Francks abilities as a player. What he could have been as a manager is the great unknown. Sacking him after just two months was my saddest day as a Hibs fan.

:agree: Mine too. It was my *JFK moment when I heard he'd been sacked. Still remember how I felt now :boo hoo:

*One for the older viewers :wink:

hibees 7062
25-11-2013, 12:19 AM
It's Susan actually Robert, since it's Sunday :wink: :greengrin:flag:

Suzy now though :greengrin

hibees 7062
25-11-2013, 12:24 AM
:agree: Mine too. It was my *JFK moment when I heard he'd been sacked. Still remember how I felt now :boo hoo:

*One for the older viewers :wink:

Whos that :greengrin ?

Phil D. Rolls
25-11-2013, 12:17 PM

No. :hmmm:

Gettin' Auld
25-11-2013, 12:40 PM

There's more chance of Hibs doing it again, than the kiddie fiddlers from the dark side of the city. That's for sure.......

:lolyam:

Andy74
25-11-2013, 12:44 PM
No chance. These types of players now go to the US or Middle East or some other place offering semi retirement for vast sums of cash.

Peevemor
25-11-2013, 12:46 PM

I remember it well - that was the result that really put us home and dry for the 1st division title. Going into the match we were 17 points ahead of Falkirk although they had a game in hand.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/division-one/1998-1999/table/1999-02-06

We won 2-1 (Hartley + an OG) to put us 20 points clear - there was never the slightest doubt after that.

HibbyAndy
25-11-2013, 04:27 PM

:agree:.

Won 2-1 with 10 Men..Hartley scored and later got sent off..Derek Collins got the winner..Pretty much sewed up the league that day..I bagged of with a burd in the hole in the wa pub..

Twa Cairpets
25-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Of all the things Rod could do to get a feel good into the club, it would be to pick up the phone, say "Hi Franck, want to comeback for a final bow and accept my apology for whatever it was thats made you go and not come back".

Franck Sauzee is the best footballer I've ever seen for Hibs.

I miss him. :sauzee::boo hoo:

Aldo
25-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Aye, it looked a sair yin :agree:

Aye was treated, picked up his teeth, gave Hugh Dallas a pat on the back and carried on.

Aldo
25-11-2013, 05:02 PM
:agree:. Won 2-1 with 10 Men..Hartley scored and later got sent off..Derek Collins got the winner..Pretty much sewed up the league that day..I bagged of with a burd in the hole in the wa pub..

We had 3/4 of the stadium that day. Me ma bro and Dad were on the telly at that game, Hartley scored at the end we were at (so did the boy Keith) and we all ran to front.

DanHFC1875
25-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Of all the things Rod could do to get a feel good into the club, it would be to pick up the phone, say "Hi Franck, want to comeback for a final bow and accept my apology for whatever it was thats made you go and not come back".

Franck Sauzee is the best footballer I've ever seen for Hibs.

I miss him. :sauzee::boo hoo:

This should happen and BAWS to those that say it CAN'T !!!

Vive le Franck!!!:sauzee::Awright!:

Twa Cairpets
25-11-2013, 05:13 PM
This should happen and BAWS to those that say it CAN'T !!!

Vive le Franck!!!:sauzee::Awright!:

Indeed.

I am very atheistic in my outlook, but I can suspend that world view when it comes to Le God.

:sauzee:

VPHIBEE
25-11-2013, 05:45 PM

I have thought about Franck many times whilst watching the pish that has been served up on the pitch over the last years. I always thought what if. I don't know why they emptied him so quickly, but he did not deserve to be treated like that. He did not even get a chance. I suspect if he did come good, that he would have been loyal as well.

Chump
25-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Liverpool value their 'legends' such as Dalglish and Rush etc and have them in ambassador roles.....I see a place for Franck in such a role. Wouldn't it be such a boost for the players and the club as a whole to see him every day!!

I fear that bridge was broken a long time ago tho'

scoopyboy
25-11-2013, 06:09 PM
I have thought about Franck many times whilst watching the pish that has been served up on the pitch over the last years. I always thought what if. I don't know why they emptied him so quickly, but he did not deserve to be treated like that. He did not even get a chance. I suspect if he did come good, that he would have been loyal as well.

We were in freefall and heading for relegation.

Disapponting agreed but that was the reason.

leggeto
25-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Liverpool value their 'legends' such as Dalglish and Rush etc and have them in ambassador roles.....I see a place for Franck in such a role. Wouldn't it be such a boost for the players and the club as a whole to see him every day!!

would think marsielles would offer him something like that,I remember him making golden boy Barry Ferguson look like an amature,nice 1 big franck

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Never say never. Its a funny old game as they say.

But .... I highly doubt there will ever be a foreign player who will be as loved as much as Franck was. An example to every player on and off the pitch. Talent, class and dignity dont always go hand in hand when it comes to football Franck had all three in spades. The way we treated him was a disgrace.

Funnily enough I was thinking the other day if there was a player in the current squad who's absence from the team through injury or suspension would make you go 'oh no!' when you found out he would be missing. I couldnt think of any. Franck was certainly in that category.

I feel a bit sad now :boo hoo:

weonlywon6-2
25-11-2013, 09:07 PM

Since Sauzee left has he been back at hibs at all???

weonlywon6-2
25-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Chump
25-11-2013, 09:51 PM

Wouldn't blame him if he hasn't given the treatment he got when asked to step in and help the club!!

fatbloke
25-11-2013, 10:32 PM

Mair chance o seeing a Frank Spencer sadly:greengrin

Jonnyboy
25-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Wouldn't blame him if he hasn't given the treatment he got when asked to step in and help the club!!

I've heard this before as a reason for him not coming back. It could be argued he's pi55ed at the club for the way he feels he was treated. He's a very proud man and wouldn't like being branded a failure.

BUT the fans loved him and still do. It disappoints me that his continued absence seems to take no part in his reasons for not making the odd appearance.

Tyler Durden
25-11-2013, 10:41 PM
No chance. These types of players now go to the US or Middle East or some other place offering semi retirement for vast sums of cash.

Very valid point.

A player with Sauzee's CV signing for an SPFL team now is unthinkable. Back then though, Hearts brought in Guerin, Killie signed Cocard, also excellent players and French internationals. Neither had anywhere near the impact of course but it showed the market that existed then. The Sky cash was probably at its peak and Scotland was a decent pay day for these guys.

Nowadays we struggle to compete with English 3rd tier - money talks.

Jonnyboy
25-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Very valid point.

A player with Sauzee's CV signing for an SPFL team now is unthinkable. Back then though, Hearts brought in Guerin, Killie signed Cocard, also excellent players and French internationals. Neither had anywhere near the impact of course but it showed the market that existed then. The Sky cash was probably at its peak and Scotland was a decent pay day for these guys.

Nowadays we struggle to compete with English 3rd tier - money talks.

Don't forget Victor at St Mirren and Eskilsson at Hearts.

Only one of the above is a serious suggestion :greengrin