PDA

View Full Version : observations after today

spike220
24-11-2013, 07:27 AM
1. Ball was getting forward much quicker.
2. We pressured their ball (rather than all running back into defensive position and inviting them to attack).
3. Midfield needs work imho and Butcher has a bit of work, to work out who should be in there and how he sets them up.
4. Much more attacking setup
5. A lot less back passing
6. We need to find a partnership up front (I don’t care who)
7. TB looks much more relaxed on match days and that is going to have effect on the players
8. If we can improve our corners we might convert our opportunities here, there didn’t look like we had too many set plays rehearsed for this
9. We got stronger and stronger as the match progressed
10. Most enjoyable 0-0 I can remember, and it wasn’t because of the champagne football, it was because I can sense a real change in ethic, attitude and application

I am really looking to forward to see this squad and team develop and build for the future.

GGTTH

Aldo
24-11-2013, 07:36 AM
1. Ball was getting forward much quicker. 2. We pressured their ball (rather than all running back into defensive position and inviting them to attack). 3. Midfield needs work imho and Butcher has a bit of work, to work out who should be in there and how he sets them up. 4. Much more attacking setup 5. A lot less back passing 6. We need to find a partnership up front (I don’t care who) 7. TB looks much more relaxed on match days and that is going to have effect on the players 8. If we can improve our corners we might convert our opportunities here, there didn’t look like we had too many set plays rehearsed for this 9. We got stronger and stronger as the match progressed 10. Most enjoyable 0-0 I can remember, and it wasn’t because of the champagne football, it was because I can sense a real change in ethic, attitude and application I am really looking to forward to see this squad and team develop and build for the future. GGTTH

Good post but can I add a few things. For me most important thing is add a bit of pace/width and possibly some creativity in final 3rd.

spike220
24-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Good post but can I add a few things. For me most important thing is add a bit of pace/width and possibly some creativity in final 3rd. IS that you Terry?

LancsHibs
24-11-2013, 07:49 AM
2. We pressured their ball (rather than all running back into defensive position and inviting them to attack).
3. Midfield needs work imho and Butcher has a bit of work, to work out who should be in there and how he sets them up.
7. TB looks much more relaxed on match days and that is going to have effect on the players
8. If we can improve our corners we might convert our opportunities here, there didn’t look like we had too many set plays rehearsed for this
10. Most enjoyable 0-0 I can remember, and it wasn’t because of the champagne football, it was because I can sense a real change in ethic, attitude and application

I am really looking to forward to see this squad and team develop and build for the future.

GGTTH

Agree with this, tho' not so sure the ball was being played 'much' quicker and there is still room for improvement there but it will take time for TB to get his philosophy across, old habits are hard to break! Your right the midfield did not really work yesterday, he will need to tweak it and Cairney is not match sharp. More needs to come from the midfield to create chances for the strikers, which again won't happen if the midfield is bypassed as much audit was.
As a footnote was pleased with Danny Handling, looked busy and skillfull

Aldo
24-11-2013, 07:50 AM
IS that you Terry?

Ha ha sorry Maurice. :-D

offshorehibby
24-11-2013, 08:11 AM
TB in his interview on Hibs TV saying the team are fit but will get a lot fitter.

spike220
24-11-2013, 09:00 AM
TB in his interview on Hibs TV saying the team are fit but will get a lot fitter.

Yes I saw that too and thought it was a polite way of saying they are not as fit as they could be.

Golden Bear
24-11-2013, 09:03 AM

GGTTH

:agree:

There was enough there yesterday to entice me back.

Hibs07p
24-11-2013, 09:08 AM
The ball retention at throw ins looked a lot better too. We were getting forward quicker, and pressuring them in their half. This is phase 1 in changing the belief of the players. Tiny steps, but beginning to play like a team that wants to win, rather than a team that wants to avoid defeat.

GGTTH

greenlex
24-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Need to get the crosses in with a bit of pace on them. Particularly at corners. These floaty back post efforts do my napper in. Kello dealt with ease nearly every time. Even a bit variety FFS. Other than that solid enough at the back with the odd wobble.

spike220
24-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Need to get the crosses in with a bit of pace on them. Particularly at corners. These floaty back post efforts do my napper in. Kello dealt with ease nearly every time. Even a bit variety FFS. Other than that solid enough at the back with the odd wobble. Yes was thinking that too. there was one whipped in and their keeper didnt deal with it, I think Collins got his head on the end of it, but couldn't do enough to get it on target or in the danger area.

Eyrie
24-11-2013, 09:31 AM

GGTTH

Good summary, particularly 2, 3 and 6.

EVENTUALLY
24-11-2013, 11:18 AM
The ball retention at throw ins looked a lot better too. We were getting forward quicker, and pressuring them in their half. This is phase 1 in changing the belief of the players. Tiny steps, but beginning to play like a team that wants to win, rather than a team that wants to avoid defeat.

GGTTH

Much better. We have far too many faults but one of the biggest has been our ability to take and defend thrown ins. It improved noticeably when Deegan joined up who was very good at quickly organising his team mates at shys. Pity he could'nae skip the play on in a forward direction instead of turning in circles like a performing collie dug.