PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Retro

fatbloke
24-11-2013, 12:54 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41770000/jpg/_41770386_tshirt203.jpg

Does anyone THINK the Hertz may release one of these substituting the words - 1 World War and 8 Scottish cups. Saw this t shirt in London on Friday and immediately thought of THEM:greengrin

Northernhibee
24-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Soon everything about their club will technically be 'retro' :flag:

fatbloke
24-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Soon everything about their club will technically be 'retro' :flag:

:faf:

scoopyboy
24-11-2013, 08:00 AM

Does anyone THINK the Hertz may release one of these substituting the words - 1 World War and 8 Scottish cups. Saw this t shirt in London on Friday and immediately thought of THEM:greengrin

Are you docking them one World War for going into administration mate?

That and 15 points may very well send them over the edge. :greengrin

Aldo
24-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Are you docking them one World War for going into administration mate? That and 15 points may very well send them over the edge. :greengrin

Tee hee ;-)

lapsedhibee
24-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Think that Engerlund shirt's specifically for matches against Germanyland, though, so Hearts have missed their chance. They should have had something out before the sooperdooper moneyspinner against Wolfsburg Reserves. If everyone who turned up then bought one they could have made half a Polo.

Hermit Crab
24-11-2013, 08:57 AM

Brilliant. Top class. P.s stolen :D

Bostonhibby
24-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Is the shirt big enough to list all the creditors as well?

Keith_M
24-11-2013, 04:57 PM

Why does the England shirt have a (Scottish) Lion Rampant on it?

Oh and how dare they take credit for something that Hearts did all on their own.

Hibrandenburg
24-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Why does the England shirt have a (Scottish) Lion Rampant on it?

Oh and how dare they take credit for something that Hearts did all on their own.

There were three feardie lions on there looking over their shoulder but they done a runner when they saw Rampy coming.

--------
25-11-2013, 03:56 PM
There were three feardie lions on there looking over their shoulder but they done a runner when they saw Rampy coming.

They're not lions - they're leopards. In heraldry they're "leopards passant guardant".

If you don't believe me, Google it, and you'll see the sneaky England pussy-cats in all their glory.

OUR boy, on the other hand, is an indubitably rampant LION.

Aldo
25-11-2013, 04:07 PM
They're not lions - they're leopards. In heraldry they're "leopards passant guardant". If you don't believe me, Google it, and you'll see the sneaky England pussy-cats in all their glory. OUR boy, on the other hand, is an indubitably rampant LION.

Should be 'Cheatah's' :-D

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Note to world leaders: shape up. It would be unthinkable to have a world war without Hearts.

Hibrandenburg
25-11-2013, 06:45 PM
They're not lions - they're leopards. In heraldry they're "leopards passant guardant".

If you don't believe me, Google it, and you'll see the sneaky England pussy-cats in all their glory.

I did actually know that but they have become the 3 lions in the contemporary world.

snooky
25-11-2013, 07:03 PM

Good spot! :aok: :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
25-11-2013, 07:12 PM

I can just picture the kind of walloper who would wear that: morbidly obese, shaved head, tattoos, ugly as sin. In fact, perfect for Hearts fans everywhere.

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2013, 07:15 PM
The way the Yams are going in a few years time the only Yam tops available to buy will be retro ones :greengrin

--------
25-11-2013, 07:39 PM
I did actually know that but they have become the 3 lions in the contemporary world.

That's because England supporters are appallingly ignorant of the finer points of heraldry.

I don't know what they teach them in schools these days. :rolleyes:

--------
25-11-2013, 07:40 PM

OOOOOH, you are awful. :devil:

Hibrandenburg
25-11-2013, 07:41 PM

:greengrin

fatbloke
25-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I can just picture the kind of walloper who would wear that: morbidly obese, shaved head, tattoos, ugly as sin. In fact, perfect for Hearts fans everywhere.

Christ ah thought you meant me for a second:greengrin

lord bunberry
25-11-2013, 10:38 PM

I saw that on QI a while back.

--------
26-11-2013, 12:21 AM

Amazingly prolific source of totally useless information, that program. :aok:

jacomo
27-11-2013, 02:15 PM

Amazingly prolific source of totally useless information, that program. :aok:

Amazing source of inaccuracies and lies, more like. I have got so bored of conversations where I am told something that sounds totally implausible, ask for the source, and am told 'I saw it on QI'.

In this case, Doddie is correct that the animal represented on the England shirt is known in heraldry circles as "leopards passant guardant" but that could be a mis-translation, and might in fact refer to lions.