He doesn't do it often but when he does his blunders are epic!:greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Looks like the holy goalie did the hokey cokey. :faf:

:greengrin bomb scare

trev the hat
24-11-2013, 12:02 AM
That game v the smellies at ER still
makes me chuckle two beauties from AB that day, east gave him it tight whole game & he folded. :-)

Sylar
24-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer **** :agree:

McKenzie
24-11-2013, 12:09 AM
On a side note, how bad was that Wes Brown decision? Ref should be demoted for a few weeks for that

Hibercelona
24-11-2013, 12:19 AM
On a side note, how bad was that Wes Brown decision? Ref should be demoted for a few weeks for that

:agree:

The game may as well be played in a padded room if thats what red cards get handed out for these days.

Col2
24-11-2013, 07:33 AM
What about the Everton boy who 'tackled' saurez in first half. How that wasnt a red i will never know. Gerard should have gone for elbow as well but not as blatent.

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2013, 08:46 AM
What about the Everton boy who 'tackled' saurez in first half. How that wasnt a red i will never know. Gerard should have gone for elbow as well but not as blatent.Eh? :confused: He jumped for the ball and elbow was up as he jumped, no contact made with elbow at all, in fact it was a back to back to contact, total non issue. As for the tackle on Suarez you're correct it was a straight red card tackle, caught him above the knee and broke the ski with his studs, as Rodgers said what would the outcome have been if Suarez had made that tackle?

lapsedhibee
25-11-2013, 04:52 AM
As for the tackle on Suarez you're correct it was a straight red card tackle, caught him above the knee and broke the ski with his studs, as Rodgers said what would the outcome have been if Suarez had made that tackle?

Do you think Suarez might have had a better chance of getting a just decision if he didn't have a reputation for rolling about the pitch in agony whenever someone sneezes in his vicinity?

weonlywon6-2
25-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Do you think Suarez might have had a better chance of getting a just decision if he didn't have a reputation for rolling about the pitch in agony whenever someone sneezes in his vicinity?

Probably,my thoughts as well

johnrebus
25-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Eh? :confused: He jumped for the ball and elbow was up as he jumped, no contact made with elbow at all, in fact it was a back to back to contact, total non issue. As for the tackle on Suarez you're correct it was a straight red card tackle, caught him above the knee and broke the ski with his studs, as Rodgers said what would the outcome have been if Suarez had made that tackle?

Agree with all of that.

However......

Was at St James Park a few weeks ago and Gerrard who was already on a yellow, caught someone very late

Obvious booking, should have been off. Guy in front of me turns round and says, he is the England captain, would have to saw someone in half to get sent off.

Still a great player, but a dirty sod.

Billychaotic182
25-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Everyone at work is talkin about this but I missed it. Anyone got a link to it haha

Thecat23
25-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Everyone at work is talkin about this but I missed it. Anyone got a link to it haha

If you have ever seen Mean Machine with the mad Monk in goal who does the crazy dance with the ball and loses it then that's what it's like :aok:

Peevemor
25-11-2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzjSP-_m6M

Andy74
25-11-2013, 01:09 PM

I saw it this morning for the first time.

It's actually criminal.

AllyF
25-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Match-fixing. :agree:

:stirrer:

JimBHibees
25-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Match-fixing. :agree:

Doubt it a goalie could be much less obvious than that to fix a game. Boruc is just a clown with a massive ego and thinks he is better than he is.

--------
25-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Peter Schmeichel was talking about it on MotD2 last night - Boruc and the Lloris miss-kick against City.

He reckons it's down to the idea that the goalie has to be a sweeper as well as a goalie and play it out from the back on the ground all the time. There are times when the goalie's job is to hoof it into touch as far down the pitch as he possibly can, thus giving his defenders time to regroup and reorganise.

Personally, I reckon there are goalies who can play that way, and those who can't, and Boruc can't. He's a very good keeper who has the occasional hilarious off-day, but he really shouldn't try to play football.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I saw it this morning for the first time.

It's actually criminal.

What makes it worse is he got away with one about 5 minutes before as well.

AllyF
25-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Doubt it a goalie could be much less obvious than that to fix a game. Boruc is just a clown with a massive ego and thinks he is better than he is.

Double-bluff. :agree:

HibbyAndy
25-11-2013, 04:23 PM
WTF!!

What a complete and utter Plum.

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2013, 10:07 AM

So he gets caught above the knee by a horrendous tackle, the skin is broken and he doesn't get the decision because he's gone down to often in the past......give me a break. As for the rolling in agony, I think not.

lapsedhibee
26-11-2013, 07:13 PM
So he gets caught above the knee by a horrendous tackle, the skin is broken and he doesn't get the decision because he's gone down to often in the past......give me a break.
You don't think that people's reputation affects how other people, such as match officials, behave towards them? :confused:

As for the rolling in agony, I think not.

You've never seen Suarez rolling around in agony for no good reason? Seriously? :confused:

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeA-5BLgQvU

Off topic, but it's not generally highlighted by the media that he's also a dirty wee ****:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4kSWnY2Z8

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2013, 08:52 AM
You don't think that people's reputation affects how other people, such as match officials, behave towards them? :confused:

You've never seen Suarez rolling around in agony for no good reason? Seriously? :confused:

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeA-5BLgQvU

Off topic, but it's not generally highlighted by the media that he's also a dirty wee ****:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4kSWnY2Z8

You certainly are confused..................reputation should have nothing to do with a tackle as horrendous as that with clear evidence (broken skin) of contact.

He wasn't rolling around in agony for no reason, the evidence on his leg was there for all to see.

If I was bothered I could produce footage of hundreds of players over reacting to tackles on the odd occasion or incidents of nastiness, the fact that Suarez is such an exceptional player is one of the reasons his are highlighted.

To reitterate there was no excuse for the ref not dealing with that horror tackle properly by showing a red card regardless of the player involved. By the way you can see from previous posts that I was very vocal in calling for Suarez to be sacked by Liverpool for his biting antics so not a huge fan but justice has to seen to done and it wasn't on Saturday.

lapsedhibee
27-11-2013, 09:05 AM
You certainly are confused..................reputation should have nothing to do with a tackle as horrendous as that with clear evidence (broken skin) of contact.

He wasn't rolling around in agony for no reason, the evidence on his leg was there for all to see.

I wasn't suggesting that it should, I was asking whether it does. Which you neglected to answer.

If I was bothered I could produce footage of hundreds of players over reacting to tackles on the odd occasion or incidents of nastiness, the fact that Suarez is such an exceptional player is one of the reasons his are highlighted.

Similarly, there are hundreds of players who don't regularly simulate or behave like thugs. He is in the camp which does.

To reitterate there was no excuse for the ref not dealing with that horror tackle properly by showing a red card regardless of the player involved. By the way you can see from previous posts that I was very vocal in calling for Suarez to be sacked by Liverpool for his biting antics so not a huge fan but justice has to seen to done and it wasn't on Saturday.

Of course it wasn't. I don't think anyone anywhere suggested otherwise. Even the guilty player and his manager thought he should have been sent off, didn't they? Biting antics aren't the half of it, though - Suarez is an all round nasty and, to be judgmental, disgusting person.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I wasn't suggesting that it should, I was asking whether it does. Which you neglected to answer.

Similarly, there are hundreds of players who don't regularly simulate or behave like thugs. He is in the camp which does.

Of course it wasn't. I don't think anyone anywhere suggested otherwise. Even the guilty player and his manager thought he should have been sent off, didn't they? Biting antics aren't the half of it, though - Suarez is an all round nasty and, to be judgmental, disgusting person.

Alright I get it...............................you were the referee!

lapsedhibee
27-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Alright I get it...............................you were the referee!

If I'd been reffing I would have booked Suarez for diving. Not because it was just in the circumstances of the challenge/assault on him, but because it would have been morally appropriate in the context of his entire cheating career!

Taking the helicopter view and ignoring the granularity. :agree:

Sad case really Suarez. Wonder if he will eventually implode like Gazza. Maybe jump into the crowd and take a chunk out of an abusive opposing spectator's neck. Who would really be surprised?

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2013, 01:46 PM
If I'd been reffing I would have booked Suarez for diving. Not because it was just in the circumstances of the challenge/assault on him, but because it would have been morally appropriate in the context of his entire cheating career!

Taking the helicopter view and ignoring the granularity. :agree:

Sad case really Suarez. Wonder if he will eventually implode like Gazza. Maybe jump into the crowd and take a chunk out of an abusive opposing spectator's neck. Who would really be surprised?

Not me.

Hibercelona
27-11-2013, 03:05 PM
This thread was created to point and laugh at the complete plum that is Artur Boruc.

If you want a Suarez good guy/bad guy thread, then go and create one. You can title it "*itch fest". :wink:

Hiber-nation
27-11-2013, 03:28 PM
This thread was created to point and laugh at the complete plum that is Artur Boruc.

If you want a Suarez good guy/bad guy thread, then go and create one. You can title it "*itch fest". :wink:

Yeah I thought I'd have a look into this thread to see why people were still talking about Boruc's howler. But of course the regular Suarez debate hijacks the thread. Can we not all just agree that he's a fantastic player but a cheat and a complete erse?

Have to say Boruc had been as good as any keeper in the league so far this season up till then.

trev the hat
27-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Let's get this back on track :-)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYu2CI_Tbfg