PDA

View Full Version : Alan Maybury

MontrealHibs
23-11-2013, 03:55 PM
What are peoples thoughts. Better this season than last, and one if not the, best player in terms of consistent solid performances this season. Not bad at 35!

Pretty Boy
23-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Played well again today.

Definite contender for MOTM.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Maybury is the perfect example of knowing what a player has to offer and then going and asking him to do exactly that. Clancy will have a job shifting him I think.

Stax
23-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Motm today IMO

Aldo
23-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Yip had a good game but oor MOTM was Handling.

O and agree re Maybury- Clancy had a bit of a job IMHO.

Jones28
23-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Absolutely solid - as he has been the vast majority of times he's played.

JMac
23-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Like him at the club, been consistent and has done his job well and quietly. Have to admit, I gave him a bit of flack last season as most hibs fans did but he's won me over, shame he's not a bit younger.

delbert
23-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Yip had a good game but oor MOTM was Handling.

O and agree re Maybury- Clancy had a bit of a job IMHO.

Will be nice if Clancy finally does have a job - total waste of a salary, a wage thief who will hopefully be punted by Butcher at the first opportunity so that we can sign a right back who plays more than 10 games in two seasons

Keith_M
23-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Glad to see he's getting a bit of praise again. It's sad but every now and then he gets completely unwarranted criticism.

I can't help thinking there's some sections of the Hibs support that can't wait for him to have a bad game so they can slag him off, purely because he's an ex-Yam.

Allant1981
23-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Will be nice if Clancy finally does have a job - total waste of a salary, a wage thief who will hopefully be punted by Butcher at the first opportunity so that we can sign a right back who plays more than 10 games in two seasons

How is he a wage thief? The guy cant help being injured, would you ask not to be paid if you were off work sick/injured

random sub
23-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Maybury is a solid pro, and seems like a good bloke to have at the club, but on the downside he is not really mobile enough these days and rarely offers us much in attack.

Alfred E Newman
23-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Maybury is a solid pro, and seems like a good bloke to have at the club, but on the downside he is not really mobile enough these days and rarely offers us much in attack.

An honest player and a genuine full back. Don't agree about the attack comment, he is one of the few that manage to take the ball to the bye line.

truehibernian
23-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Alan was my man of the match today followed (strangely enough) Collins - wasn't surprised in the slightest to see Saints target Ryan's flank - he was and has been really poor lately. Another unimpressive showing from him today in my opinion.

As a huge fan of Danny H, I was a little bemused at TB's opinion in him today - thought Danny waited on the ball coming to him too often rather than anticipate and was bullied a little today.