PDA

View Full Version : Striker needed in January

mcfly
23-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Team worked hard today but I never felt like we would score.

A striker in January is a must.......

Col2
23-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Yup, possibly two. Or a striker and a winger.

Difficult to get in Jan window mind.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm starting to like Handling and i didn't really rate him at 1st, Heffernan is a proven SPL goalscorer and i think there might be something there with Collins. I think what we lack is a real poacher though.

More important than a striker imo though is a player who can actually create something for a striker.

Onceinawhile
23-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Not just the striker's fault though. With the exception of liam craig, how many goals have the midfield and defence chipped in with?

The_Horde
23-11-2013, 01:55 PM
What we lack is a deeks, a bit of magic. As John Hughes would say, a "maverick" plenty opportunities to shoot today but everyone's too scared.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Think we should try and blend what we already have. Collins showed up better for me today at least but it was like he was creating the chances rather than being on the end of them.

JMac
23-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Yes absolutely we need a goal scorer. Also please sell Collins for anything we can get. Complete waste!

Weststandwanab
23-11-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm starting to like Handling and i didn't really rate him at 1st, Heffernan is a proven SPL goalscorer and i think there might be something there with Collins. I think what we lack is a real poacher though.

More important than a striker imo though is a player who can actually create something for a striker.
Hit the bull`s eye there.

Keith_M
23-11-2013, 02:19 PM
;3815834']What we lack is a deeks, a bit of magic.

I believe there's a Deeks type players looking for a club right now.

I think his name is Riordan or something like that............

:greengrin

Long suffering
23-11-2013, 02:20 PM
James Collins played well today if still a tad labored in his hold-up play. I certainly wouldn't give up on him yet, our new style with more balls in the box for him just to get a head on it will help him. If Heffs not out for long, Handling excellent today, Cairney on his way back to fitness and Harris at some point I see no real reason for a new striker.

edwards
23-11-2013, 02:22 PM

We have one but he doesn't get a game Zoubir he looked the only fitba player Hibs had against Caley :agree:

HiBremian
23-11-2013, 02:24 PM

Team worked hard today, but what was lacking was intelligence. How many times did we get into good positions in the last third, only for the players running off the ball to offer next to nothing for the final pass. And if they did, would the player on the ball see it? ICT and other SPFL successful teams aren't full of Sparkies, they run off the ball intelligently. Give TB time and he should be able to teach this lot how to do it - or at least most of them. :flag:

TheFamous1875
23-11-2013, 02:28 PM

We have one but he doesn't get a game Zoubir he looked the only fitba player Hibs had against Caley :agree:

Sorry to go against the grain, but Rowan Vine has the ability to create chances (I think he created four of the goals against, albeit Stranraer?), which is infinitely frustrating (think Spoony proportions) as he just doesnae try a leg, lacks composure, and the fact that he wasnae even on the bench today, it seems he may not (unsurprisingly) fit Butcher's criteria.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brightside
23-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Wingers are what we need. Terry knows that and mentioned it before the game. We have plenty strikers who will score if given the chances.

keep the faith
23-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Kenny Miller is an absolute must. Exactly the right type of player and guy we need right now.

bigwheel
23-11-2013, 02:44 PM

I think Zoubir is quite a way off being a starter for us....can't see him making it at this level, would be great to be wrong about it though...

SouthMoroccoStu
23-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Inverness' Billy McKay on his way in January

From a Good source

Spike Mandela
23-11-2013, 03:01 PM

From a Good source

Nae chance. Out of Hibs price range.

Under contract till summer 2015 and Butcher is on record as valuing him higher than Gary Hooper.

Ronniekirk
23-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Yes absolutely we need a goal scorer. Also please sell Collins for anything we can get. Complete waste!
He actually had one of his better games today and handling also but no goals in five games suggests you are right Unless Liam Craig in that deeper role didn't work for me and we need his goal threat Cairney will need more game time not a lot came off for him today but he has been out a while Confident on today's showing we can bring Ross county back to Easter Road for Reply and bang in a few then We need a few weeks to see how they train team to have more guile in the box and give players confidence to shoot which has been coached out them Was surprised Zoubby didn't get last 15 minutes but think he wanted to keep shape and start with a point They were on decent run and scoring so fact we held them to 0 tells me the Management Team know what they are about and know our limitations It may take next two Transfer windows before we are challenging for top four and but they have to find a way to get us scoring goals now to get into top 6 before turn of year .

God Petrie
23-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Strikers aren't the issue. Supply to the strikers is.

Ronniekirk
23-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Sadly agree but that's why we brought the scout as we'll to unearth new talent Remember in his first season McKay was missing sitters and I didn't think he would come good so maybe Collins will do the same. As for vine am not surprised he didn't make substitute bench and think he will be offloaded in January

The Gorf
23-11-2013, 03:14 PM
;3815834']What we lack is a deeks, a bit of magic. As John Hughes would say, a "maverick" plenty opportunities to shoot today but everyone's too scared.
Forget who he played for but it's a Kris Boyd type we need. A real poacher. Getting in and about in the goalmouth. Of course we would need to get the ball into the goalmouth first.

TAHibby
23-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Cross after cross either went straight to the keeper or out of play for the most part, really don't think the strikers are the issue.

Sir David Gray
23-11-2013, 03:29 PM
It's clear as day where our problems lie.

Out of the 18 competitive matches that we've played so far this season, we've failed to score in 11 of them.

That is abysmal.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2013, 05:01 PM
I disagree. I think there are goals in both Heff and Collins, and a great deal of potential in Handling and Caldwell. Unless anybody spectacularly good comes into our range in Jan (and they wont) we should be looking to get the best out of some permutation from those four.

Our main problem is lack of width and pace in the middle of the park. I expect TB/MM to address this.

CapitalHibs
23-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Kenny Miller is an absolute must. Exactly the right type of player and guy we need right now.

Can he be signed outside the window? If Hef's injury turns out to be a bad one, we need Kenny right now.

Col2
23-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Can he be signed outside the window? If Hef's injury turns out to be a bad one, we need Kenny right now.

No not until Jan 1st at earliest.

Col2
23-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Cross after cross either went straight to the keeper or out of play for the most part, really don't think the strikers are the issue.

Lack of decent winger/wide player who can get to bye line and cross. However Collins and Vine have several goalscoringchances and not put them away.

Kenny Miller and Billy Mckay and we are sorted with Harris due back. Miller still has pace and goals and can lead line. Mckay is a goal machine but also a very clever player. Easier said and done.

Pete
23-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I disagree. I think there are goals in both Heff and Collins, and a great deal of potential in Handling and Caldwell. Unless anybody spectacularly good comes into our range in Jan (and they wont) we should be looking to get the best out of some permutation from those four.

Our main problem is lack of width and pace in the middle of the park. I expect TB/MM to address this.

Agree. Service is the key so lets just see how our midfield develops under the new regime.

number9dream
23-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Wingers are what we need. Terry knows that and mentioned it before the game. We have plenty strikers who will score if given the chances.

Exactly. We need somehow who can go past a man and whip in a good delivery. Lots of crosses and corners today but mostly harmless floaty ones that are easy to defend...

Bronson
23-11-2013, 10:18 PM

From a Good source

And this source would be?

Pie in the sky, won't happen no matter how much we hope.

Bronson
23-11-2013, 10:24 PM
;3815834']What we lack is a deeks, a bit of magic. As John Hughes would say, a "maverick" plenty opportunities to shoot today but everyone's too scared.

Spot on. We have the makings of a good team, it's pretty solid with depth in the squad, we just lack that maverick player that we always tended to have. That radge loose cannon the ****bos hated the sight of that was capable of a bit of magic. A griffiths/riordan/stokes/brown type of guy.

We need Harris back but I miss having a nutjob of some variety in the team:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2013, 11:00 PM

From a Good source

No offense to you Stu, but this is pish.

B.H.F.C
23-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Need someone to give the ball to the forwards. It's not just up
front we are lacking

Aldo
24-11-2013, 06:35 AM

Just seen this... You obviously don't get out very often do you?

Collins is a striker and needs service to be able to carry out his Role. I thought he had a very good game yesterday and ran the channels well.

The problem we have is that this lone strikers role tends to have him outwith the box A lot and for it to work you need your MF to get beyond him and get into the box.

Simple solution give him the service and let him get into the box.

You comment about him being a complete waste is utter drivel and not called for.

Col_0762
24-11-2013, 06:42 AM

Is that opinion based on his performance today? As he done quite well playing a role in the channel's that the midfield should have been doing. He can't create and score in the same passages of play. If you seen the game yesterday, then that comment is bizarre!

LancsHibs
24-11-2013, 07:39 AM
And this source would be?

Pie in the sky, won't happen no matter how much we hope.

Many said the same about Butcher becoming Hibs manager!

Saorsa
24-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I think we should wait for longer than one game under the new management before we start writing people off. I personally think it mair of a supply problem than a striker problem and that is where Fenlon left us short.

maturehibby
24-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Vine sorted out /sussed out by Butcher already ???

hfc rd
24-11-2013, 05:41 PM
I think we need a creative midfielder and a winger. Width & creativity is something we have been lacking for such a long time now.

ian cruise
24-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Vine sorted out /sussed out by Butcher already ???

I actually think Vine will come good under Butcher. Maybe 3/4 weeks though, we are only halfway through Terry's "pre season"

GreenCastle
24-11-2013, 05:53 PM
We are the lowest scoring team in the UK along with Spurs and Hull - with 9 goals!

What we do need is players who can score goals not just one in one position. We also need (and have needed) a player who can assist /pick a final ball -whether that's a wide player or central it doesn't matter - but creativity is needed - on a an extreme scale - Ronaldo and Messi aren't centre midfielders but create often from wide areas.

We also need strikers who can create and when given the service - can produce. I am still not impressed with Collins - Heff is our main goal threat but looks like he's injured for a few weeks.

Caldwell and Craig are our natural finishers but Caldwell hasn't been given much of a chance recently. If Heff is injured he may get more?

Vine not making the subs bench is possibly the kick up the arse he needs.

I would bring in 2 strikers in January - McKay won't be one as he's under contract till 2015 and we won't pay a fee after the Collins waste of money.Kenny Miller won't be coming either as he's happy and settled abroad!

Hibbyradge
24-11-2013, 05:59 PM
We won't get a striker in January. We might be able to sign someone pre contract for the summer, but clubs won't release decent players mid season.

Paisley Hibby
24-11-2013, 06:02 PM

Spot on mate.

Aldo
24-11-2013, 06:04 PM
We are the lowest scoring team in the UK along with Spurs and Hull - with 9 goals! What we do need is players who can score goals not just one in one position. We also need (and have needed) a player who can assist /pick a final ball -whether that's a wide player or central it doesn't matter - but creativity is needed - on a an extreme scale - Ronaldo and Messi aren't centre midfielders but create often from wide areas. We also need strikers who can create and when given the service - can produce. I am still not impressed with Collins - Heff is our main goal threat but looks like he's injured for a few weeks. Caldwell and Craig are our natural finishers but Caldwell hasn't been given much of a chance recently. If Heff is injured he may get more? Vine not making the subs bench is possibly the kick up the arse he needs. I would bring in 2 strikers in January - McKay won't be one as he's under contract till 2015 and we won't pay a fee after the Collins waste of money.Kenny Miller won't be coming either as he's happy and settled abroad!

Caldwell has scored 1 goal against the Yams - yes it was an excellent finish but he's not done any more to suggest he should start. As for Collins the guy is being asked to play in the channels and most if his work is done outwith the box. He is not a waste if money IMHO.

He needs service to be able to score goals- he doesn't get any service so he can't score.

As for Kenny Miller - the sort of professional and player we should be trying to sign.

Beefster
24-11-2013, 06:14 PM

In a nutshell. Brad Pitt would struggle to score in a barrel of fannies if he had Stevenson and Cairney setting them up for him.

Aldo
24-11-2013, 06:15 PM
In a nutshell. Brad Pitt would struggle to score in a barrel of fannies if he had Stevenson and Cairney setting them up for him.

Ha ha like that. Made me laugh out loud there Beefster. :-D

rcarter1
24-11-2013, 06:17 PM

this, and support. Watching the other SPL matches regularly sees teams attacking in numbers with shots and runs into space from all over the team. I believe we can get there, but not expecting too much, and we have time on our side.

Squealing pig
25-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Is wotherspoon available?

southsider
25-11-2013, 07:40 AM
i think Terry knows that he has a huge job on his hands to turn us around. Also think that he came because Rod promised him money come the transfer window. Lots of huff and puff at Saints but never really looked like scoring. Must get some real pace into the team. A new, proven goalscorer is a must but they don't come cheep. Dig deep Rod.

greenginger
25-11-2013, 07:56 AM

Under contract till summer 2015 and Butcher is on record as valuing him higher than Gary Hooper.

I heard making a move for Billy McKay in January was part of the agreement that got Butcher to come to Easter Road.

McKay may well have a clause in his new contract that he can move if a set fee is offered for him.

Terry will know ! :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
25-11-2013, 08:15 AM
I heard making a move for Billy McKay in January was part of the agreement that got Butcher to come to Easter Road.

McKay may well have a clause in his new contract that he can move if a set fee is offered for him.

I find that a tad implausible but you never know in football.:cb

If true, we are certainly doing our utmost to make Hearts LC semi as easy as possible for them.:devil:

chrisski33
25-11-2013, 08:23 AM

May have an agreement to approach mckay but doesnt mean he will come or inverness will sell him if they do it wont be to us but to a club down south.

bigwheel
25-11-2013, 08:48 AM

I honestly think this is nonsense ...I don't believe that is part of any promise to TB...and I also dont believe he will have thought through what sort of business he wants to do in January yet ... It just be beginning of his time here , he might have some views developing , but it won't be a move for Mackay in January ...

Heisenberg
25-11-2013, 08:56 AM
I don't think we'll sign a striker tbh. I'd guess we'll be trying to sign some players to supply our current forwards with scoring chances.

brian6-2
25-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I love how everyone instantly becomes expert on the agreements of butchers contract, who we will sign and what billy mckay actually wants to do with his career.

Ive nae doubt upon accepting the job Terry will have been told what pennys he has available in january, if any.

Aldo
25-11-2013, 09:03 AM
The chances of us spending the sort of money required to buy Mackay are very very slim (about non existent for me)

I am hoping that Marsella has a few gems up his sleeve for the Jan transfer window.

(Fwiw would love to see Mackay sign)

EK_Hibs
25-11-2013, 09:08 AM
I was going to suggest Aaron Doran but I think he's only recently signed a 3 year deal to stay at ICT. Good player.

brian6-2
25-11-2013, 09:26 AM
its january though so most strikers are available for 150k and thats a FACT :wink:

--------
25-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I think I'd give Handling and Caldwell chances to show what they can do. And work to improve the supply to them and James Collins.

I would hope that Butcher hasn't given up on anyone yet.

BTW - I notice McPake 'broke down' midweek (again!) and was ruled out for Saturday. Clancy's still on the treatment table as well. Since we seem to have cornered the Scottish market on central midfielders and perennially injured defenders, maybe a couple of exchange deals to bolster the back four might be an idea come January?

JimBHibees
25-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I think I'd give Handling and Caldwell chances to show what they can do. And work to improve the supply to them and James Collins.

I would hope that Butcher hasn't given up on anyone yet.

BTW - I notice McPake 'broke down' midweek (again!) and was ruled out for Saturday. Clancy's still on the treatment table as well. Since we seem to have cornered the Scottish market on central midfielders and perennially injured defenders, maybe a couple of exchange deals to bolster the back four might be an idea come January?

Didnt realise that he really is becoming a liability as Hibs as a club cannot afford to be carrying key players who are not available for half the season. Clancy is another one. It is a shame for the players and injuries can happen however it is frustrating and think TB will hopefully bring in cover in January.

--------
25-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Didnt realise that he really is becoming a liability as Hibs as a club cannot afford to be carrying key players who are not available for half the season. Clancy is another one. It is a shame for the players and injuries can happen however it is frustrating and think TB will hopefully bring in cover in January.

I think we need to write Mr McPake off for the foreseeable future, Jim. Nelson, Forster and Hanlon are our CBs, period.

Aldo
25-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I think we need to write mr McPake off for the foreseeable future, Jim. Nelson, Forster and Hanlon are our CBs, period.

As I mentioned in a previous post i'd be very surprised to see McPake play again for the first team.

Between him and Clancy they'll be lucky to reach double figure appearances between them until end of season.

--------
25-11-2013, 02:20 PM
As I mentioned in a previous post i'd be very surprised to see McPake play again for the first team.

Between him and Clancy they'll be lucky to reach double figure appearances between them until end of season.

Yup. Their contracts end in June, so I'd hope we could replace them with players who actually play for the first team and don't just shuttle between the bench and the treatment table.

Aldo
25-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Yup. Their contracts end in June, so I'd hope we could replace them with players who actually play for the first team and don't just shuttle between the bench and the treatment table.

Agreed.

Jonnyboy
26-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Have to laugh at the Billy McKay story :greengrin

Two 'problems' with one causing the other

1. Nobody to set up chances for him and;

2. Fails to score early enough after arriving and he'll be classed as a poor man's Rowan Vine

Incidentally, McKay was released by Nothampton Town. I'm guessing he arrived in Inverness via a Marsella recommendation.

If we sign a striker in January who's been released or plays in the lower league in England, will we have the usual 'not Hibs class' outcry?

JimBHibees
26-11-2013, 03:35 PM

2. Fails to score early enough after arriving and he'll be classed as a poor man's Rowan Vine

Incidentally, McKay was released by Nothampton Town. I'm guessing he arrived in Inverness via a Marsella recommendation.

If we sign a striker in January who's been released or plays in the lower league in England, will we have the usual 'not Hibs class' outcry?

In a word, "Yes".:greengrin

Andy74
26-11-2013, 08:26 PM

He also barely scored a goal in his first season up there. He wouldn't have made a second one here.

heretoday
26-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Get Rory Loy of Falkirk. He's the top scorer in the Championship.

Also his name has a Lawrie Reilly tongue-twisting feel to it.

PeterboroHibee
27-11-2013, 11:13 AM
I personally dont think we need new strikers, but rather we need to get the team functioning as a unit and creating better chances for them. Collins and Heffernan looked like it should have worked as a partnership in the beginning (and hopefully will be), and then we have Handling and Caldwell who should be pushing for places if those two arent scoring.

Depending on the way we are going to be playing, we definitely need another winger (preferably with a bit of pace), and possibly someone who can link the midfield to attack if we are only playing with one true striker. I think its also important for the full backs to be contributing more going forward. McGivern has a really bad habit of booting it from deep rather than trying to get up the pitch (and he needs to work on his crossing), and Maybury isnt really someone who can be up and down the line all game.

--------
27-11-2013, 11:30 AM
I personally dont think we need new strikers, but rather we need to get the team functioning as a unit and creating better chances for them. Collins and Heffernan looked like it should have worked as a partnership in the beginning (and hopefully will be), and then we have Handling and Caldwell who should be pushing for places if those two arent scoring.

Depending on the way we are going to be playing, we definitely need another winger (preferably with a bit of pace), and possibly someone who can link the midfield to attack if we are only playing with one true striker. I think its also important for the full backs to be contributing more going forward. McGivern has a really bad habit of booting it from deep rather than trying to get up the pitch (and he needs to work on his crossing), and Maybury isnt really someone who can be up and down the line all game.

Yes, we have four strikers on our books. Heffernan is a more than decent player, and I feel that Collins will come through if he gets proper service from midfield. Handling and Caldwell have the potential to be good players - again, provided they get the service from the rest of the team.

To my mind, the main priority right now is to sort out the back four - probably our best back line defensively would be Maybury, Nelson, Hanlon and Stevenson, but Lewis really isn't a fullback and Alan would be the first to admit that he isn't in the first flush of youth. We have Forster and McGivern as backup, but Jordon needs time and Ryan, as you say, needs to work on his game. "Composed under pressure" isn't a description that comes to mind when his name's mentioned.

We need to replace Clancy and McPake with guys who'll actually stay fit enough to be picked. That would be a huge step forward. We need to acquire some midfield players who are actually different from one another - we can field an entire team of midfield players, and I could argue persuasively that 6 or 7 of them play in the same position, in more or less the same way.

They're not necessarily bad players - but we don't need all of them when defenders are so thin on the ground.

I've always believed in building from the back - a good keeper and a solid back four take the pressure off the rest of the team. The midfield can relax and start moving the ball forward (and getting themselves forward) and the strikers get the service and support that allows the manager to work out whether they're good, bad, or just pure bloody awful.

Right now I'd guess that TB really can't judge the quality of the forwards he has at his disposal - but I don't think it'll take him long to work it out.

southsider
27-11-2013, 11:47 AM
For me we start with a good spine. Keeper centre-half centre midfield and centre forward. Then work the others round this. We badly need pace in full back area's and in our wide men. Harris (when fit ) could do a job but that's about it.

PeterboroHibee
27-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes, we have four strikers on our books. Heffernan is a more than decent player, and I feel that Collins will come through if he gets proper service from midfield. Handling and Caldwell have the potential to be good players - again, provided they get the service from the rest of the team.

To my mind, the main priority right now is to sort out the back four - probably our best back line defensively would be Maybury, Nelson, Hanlon and Stevenson, but Lewis really isn't a fullback and Alan would be the first to admit that he isn't in the first flush of youth. We have Forster and McGivern as backup, but Jordon needs time and Ryan, as you say, needs to work on his game. "Composed under pressure" isn't a description that comes to mind when his name's mentioned.

We need to replace Clancy and McPake with guys who'll actually stay fit enough to be picked. That would be a huge step forward. We need to acquire some midfield players who are actually different from one another - we can field an entire team of midfield players, and I could argue persuasively that 6 or 7 of them play in the same position, in more or less the same way.

They're not necessarily bad players - but we don't need all of them when defenders are so thin on the ground.

I've always believed in building from the back - a good keeper and a solid back four take the pressure off the rest of the team. The midfield can relax and start moving the ball forward (and getting themselves forward) and the strikers get the service and support that allows the manager to work out whether they're good, bad, or just pure bloody awful.

Right now I'd guess that TB really can't judge the quality of the forwards he has at his disposal - but I don't think it'll take him long to work it out.

I agree with everything you say, and in particularly there should be a solid back 5 or 6 (including someone in midfield who will help out the defence) that we could name every week, but how often does that happen? The only two I would be confident about naming out of 6 players is Hanlon and Williams.

I think Im right in saying that Hanlon has played with 4 other CBs so far this season, weve had 4 different RBs, 2 or 3 guys at LB and take your pick about who has been in midfield. Thats not really what a team should be built upon!

I personally quite like Forster, and feel there is more value in having him developing in the team every week with Hanlon than playing Nelson. I also dont think age should matter, especially in the SPL these days where guys are coming into teams at 16/17.

Bracksy
27-11-2013, 12:01 PM
We have got to be the most narrow team in the league - we need Harris back fit badly and Cairney some match practice. Even still we need another winger I'd say, a natural left winger. I like Stevenson but he's not a left midfielder.

Another striker would be welcome as well, Collins for me just hasn't got it. Heff is our only real scoring threat up top.

--------
27-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I agree with everything you say, and in particularly there should be a solid back 5 or 6 (including someone in midfield who will help out the defence) that we could name every week, but how often does that happen? The only two I would be confident about naming out of 6 players is Hanlon and Williams.

I think Im right in saying that Hanlon has played with 4 other CBs so far this season, weve had 4 different RBs, 2 or 3 guys at LB and take your pick about who has been in midfield. Thats not really what a team should be built upon!

I personally quite like Forster, and feel there is more value in having him developing in the team every week with Hanlon than playing Nelson. I also dont think age should matter, especially in the SPL these days where guys are coming into teams at 16/17.

I like Forster too, and I would have no argument if he played regularly from now on, since if he does hit a bad patch we have Mike Nelson to step in.

Whether we all like it or not, those two guys are our centre-backs - McPake and Clancy are effectively write-offs IMHO.